Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 7, 2013 3:34 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WHY MUST THIS BE THE LAST ARC OF ENCHOUSEN? : (

Such a great arc to send the series off on though, so much trademark Gintama humor and has a good balance of the comedy/seriousness. The xylophone soundtrack for this arc has such a sentimental and "finale" feeling to it. I really like the character of Obi-One Kenofi especially his laugh. His happiness is so contagious you can't help but laugh along with him. The part when he assumed Gintoki x Otae were a thing was hilarious. His ass must be hurting after that

Sorachi you and your shameless parodies.... Yoda, Lightsabers, Obi-Wan
HybridMBLMar 7, 2013 4:09 AM
Mar 7, 2013 3:48 AM

Oct 2010
So many dirty jokes this ep, loved it.

Although some scenes of the sync between some characters and audio bothered me this ep.
HyackMar 7, 2013 4:07 AM
Mar 7, 2013 3:49 AM

Jan 2012
Finally the day has come that I get to see Yoda and Obi-Wan in Gintama lol.

Mar 7, 2013 3:58 AM

Oct 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WHY MUST THIS LAST BE THE LAST ARC OF ENCHOUSEN? : (

If this is true, then it really is a shame. But then again, this is the third big arc in a row. Are they really stopping arcs for the rest of enchousen, or will they continue to make more in the later months?
Mar 7, 2013 4:08 AM

Oct 2010
Crotchula said:
If this is true, then it really is a shame. But then again, this is the third big arc in a row. Are they really stopping arcs for the rest of enchousen, or will they continue to make more in the later months?

They announced last week that Gintama Enchousen is going to end in March.
Mar 7, 2013 4:42 AM

Apr 2010
the second film rather than expected
Mar 7, 2013 4:54 AM

Aug 2010
That was really enjoyable.
Good setup to what this arc will be about.
I can already see some epic interstellar battles incoming :D

Hajime is a pretty cool guy, I wonder if he knows about having that beam inside his body though?

I can't wait for his fight against Gintoki. I can feel the epicness overflowing from it hehe.

lol'd at the part he said Tae and Gin are in a relation then got stabbed in the ass, and when Gintoki was drunk after that not caring about anything anymore XD Also when Kondo and Kyuubei didn't care about living anymore hahaha XD

Well too bad it's the last arc but seems that it'll be pretty epic so can't wait :)
Barion-ZaraMar 7, 2013 4:58 AM
Mar 7, 2013 4:59 AM

Dec 2011
It's always entertaining when they parodies Star Wars. But it's kinda sad that this will be the last arc since the anime is ending this March :(

I'm not so sure but I heard that the upcoming movie will be called "Gintama: The Finale" also showing Gintoki and his Shiroyasha counterpart together in the poster. Just reading the word "finale" worries me @__@
Mar 7, 2013 5:09 AM

Nov 2007
ENCHOUSEN!!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 7, 2013 5:10 AM

Apr 2010
Hazuchi said:
It's always entertaining when they parodies Star Wars. But it's kinda sad that this will be the last arc since the anime is ending this March :(

I'm not so sure but I heard that the upcoming movie will be called "Gintama: The Finale" also showing Gintoki and his Shiroyasha counterpart together in the poster. Just reading the word "finale" worries me @__@

don't worry gintama still has some years in his pocket
don't forget that Simona Stanzani said at the end of gintama ' about the ending "mada mada mada"
Mar 7, 2013 5:23 AM
Jul 2018
I hate this arc ...

And this is a bad episode, if the budget is not enough, why not animate the several comedy chapters instead.

Hazuchi said:

Yes, "完结篇" (The Finale, The last arc, The ending) is likely what the words were on the preview of the movie poster. Still not sure what it means though, the manga isn't ending anytime soon it seems.
removed-userMar 7, 2013 5:26 AM
Mar 7, 2013 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
This is a short arc, probably take 2 more episodes to finish and then there will be no more Gintama anime QQ.

LOL, Drunk Gintoki is more funny than his usual self.

BTW, I doubt the movie will be the ending. I mean Gintama is famous for trolling so I can only expect the movie title to be another one of their troll.

Mar 7, 2013 6:14 AM

Jul 2012
Great start to a good looking Arc but hearing that it could be the last arc sucks D: Gintama must be the only anime where you hope they are trolling you...
Mar 7, 2013 6:39 AM

May 2012
Obi:" But when you grow up, you'll learn that there are things so sad, they can never be washed away by tears. That there are painful memories that should never be washed away..."

Pretty nice line there.. But so sad this will be the last arc. Why do good things always come to an end :(
Mar 7, 2013 7:29 AM

Jul 2010
Why does it have to be last arc.Not fair :<.Episode itself was great, but when im thinking only some episodes are left im getting sad.
rebelakuma said:
Obi:" But when you grow up, you'll learn that there are things so sad, they can never be washed away by tears. That there are painful memories that should never be washed away..."

I agree.Was thinking alot about it after episode finished.

Gintama/5
Mar 7, 2013 8:06 AM

Jan 2008
Oh man, Obi-one, lmfao. Another great and hilarious episode, sad this'll be the last arc for now and even more sad I was already spoiled by what'll happen in this arc from the opening.
Mar 7, 2013 9:03 AM

Aug 2010
I thought this was going to be an episodic episode but looks like it's another arc :) Most likely a short one but I'm still looking forward to it.
Mar 7, 2013 9:16 AM
Sep 2012
Amazing episode, it's so sad that Enchousen ends soon

GALAXY SWORD MASTER!!!
Sorry for bad english
Mar 7, 2013 9:31 AM
Aug 2011
"If that's a pain to say, call me Obi-one!"

Fun episode but it had more derp faces than usual.
Mar 7, 2013 12:13 PM

Jan 2012
Sad that the anime will end after this arc but I am sure that the show will come back inte the future, Gintama is after all famous to always come back no matter how many breaks it gets
How I love a game
Mar 7, 2013 12:39 PM

Sep 2011
Why do i get the feeling this may end up being really sad

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 7, 2013 1:22 PM

Jul 2010
Whaat? Enchousen is already ending? :'( But it hasn't even been a year yet... and we've only had 10 real episodes lol... Gosh this sucks. I really hope Gintama will come back soon. I'm sure it will, but about the time I really don't know. I was surprised about Enchousen, because it was only a few months after Gintama' ending, but I don't think they'd start another one of these for a while. :(

Bleeh. Looks like I'm going to have to start reading the manga! But sadface, Gintama fillers are amazing anyway xD

Anyways, on a lighter note, this arc looks great. :) Opening scene was super funny w/ Otae finally remembering the dojo. xD This whole episode was pretty funny, and the end brought a lot of anticipation. I'm happy this was a lot more unique than usual... most of the time, the random guy who comes back always ends up being evil. But Obi-one-niisan (xD) is actually not purposefully evil, and that is refreshing :)
Looking forward to the next few episodes! they are the last for a while :'( ...
Mar 7, 2013 1:41 PM

Jul 2011
So enchousen will end soon?? there's only been 10 episodes! and no, the reruns don't count. I guess it'll be one of those 12 episode seasons. I just hope we have another season after this, and that they are truly trolling us. man When i started watching this i was expecting another 201 episode season but noooo... :/

Anyways great ep. The star wars references lol.
shinpachi crying as a grown up: GROSS.
but he was cute when he was young, and Tae too.

Kagura and Gintama barely got any lines...well Gintama more than Kagura but still.

man.
Mar 7, 2013 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
MoonxArtemis said:

Kagura and Gintama barely got any lines...well Gintama more than Kagura but still.
youre 262 episodes into this series for fucks sakes man you can do better than that
JizzyHitlerMar 8, 2013 3:08 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 7, 2013 1:57 PM

Jan 2008
MoonxArtemis said:
shinpachi crying as a grown up: GROSS.
but he was cute when he was young, and Tae too.

I think the way they cried when they were young was even more weird. Their facial expressions were lols.
Mar 7, 2013 3:18 PM

May 2012
is it really ending?? just when i caught up to the anime T_T..

Mar 7, 2013 4:53 PM

Feb 2010
If this arc really is the last (For Enchousen, that is), then I won't be surprised, because it is catching up to the manga. How do you guys even know if this season is ending this month? Did you read it somewhere? I'm just wondering.
Mar 7, 2013 5:31 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. Another parody of Star Wars. This would have been awesome if this was merged with the Elizabeth arc since an Elizabeth-Vader was there... but now we have Obi-one (a parody of Obi Wan Kenobi (name) and Luke Skywalker (because of the robotic arm).

LOL at Gintoki and Kagura. Gintoki really started to write his name in the pretense that is the spelling of idiot! Ahaha.

Can't wait to see Gintoki battle him. Hopefully we might see Gintoki using a samurai light saber.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2013 5:34 PM

Sep 2011
How the hell do you people know this is the last arc? At least for Enchousen
Mar 7, 2013 6:16 PM

Oct 2010
Tyrel said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyClBWP31H0
Mar 7, 2013 7:56 PM

May 2011
the flashback scene in this episode was really adorable ;; Hajime is such a good character omfg, his voice is so fitting for his character. I have a feeling that things are just gonna get incredibly sad after this ahhhhh

I really hope that the series won't seriously end with this season and the movie though oh my god I can't tell if they're really serious or not since they've done this so often in the past!

but drunk gin was also really cute in this episode wowee
Mar 7, 2013 8:24 PM

Apr 2010
Lovin' this arc so far, the episode was very funny and next episode seems like it's gonna be great, can't wait!

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Mar 7, 2013 8:39 PM

Sep 2011
I'm not into the whole "Yoda" thing.

But, other than that, I love whenever Gintoki even speaks. Funny guy. :P
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Mar 7, 2013 9:20 PM
Jun 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
MoonxArtemis said:

your 262 episodes into this series for fucks sakes man you can do better than that

i agree
Mar 8, 2013 3:01 AM

Oct 2009
Obi-one! OMG LOL i think i died!!

Evil Yoda's? I was hoping to see some Stormtroopers :/! Still awesome awesome!
Guess they won't revive the Dojo anytime soon :P

Last arc? :((((!
Mar 8, 2013 4:54 AM

Jan 2012
Masaya Onosaka voicing obi-one.... Words cannot describe how amazing that decision was. Truly amazing! Best freaking voice actor ever!
Mar 8, 2013 5:40 AM

Jun 2012
I thought this was a cool episode, it's one of my favourite arcs in the manga so it's really good seeing it animated :3
Mar 8, 2013 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
roflshanks said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
MoonxArtemis said:

your 262 episodes into this series for fucks sakes man you can do better than that

i agree

Oh man, that made me lol for a while XD
Mar 8, 2013 7:19 AM

Feb 2008
Got to love beams. ;) And Obi-one...
Mar 8, 2013 7:38 AM

Sep 2011
God damn this was hilarious. Star wars parodies <3.

Also shit going down next episode, lol @ Mini Yoda terrorists.
Mar 8, 2013 8:35 AM

Feb 2013
shit, the manga almost made me cry... can't wait for the next ep!
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
Mar 8, 2013 11:06 AM

Jul 2011
so that's last arc of Enchousen, huh? First ep was really awesome. I loved SW references since I'm a fan.

Next week gonna be intense!
Mar 8, 2013 12:51 PM

Apr 2007
Onosaka Masaya!!! So awesome. I also really love Obi's character design for whatever reason.

But it's a shame I've never seen Star Wars (only know the stuff people always talk about) so I can't fully appreciate the parodies :/

rebelakuma said:
Beautiful quote. So much truth...
Mar 8, 2013 1:35 PM

Mar 2012
Dat Star Wars theme xD

So, Obi-one is controlled from that machine? I somehow cant see him surviving at the end of this arc.

Seems like this Arc will be for the GinXOtae fans like how it was GinXTsukki last arc xD

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Mar 8, 2013 2:14 PM
Jul 2012
Gintama is still fucking hilarious as always but, looks like some real shit happened at the end.
Mar 9, 2013 8:42 AM

Nov 2010
funny episode. loved the SW references.
Mar 9, 2013 11:02 AM

Jan 2013
bad quality of art…kagura's face looks weird!
Mar 9, 2013 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
edwd2 said:
roflshanks said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
MoonxArtemis said:

i agree

Oh man, that made me lol for a while XD

ahaha~me too!!
Mar 11, 2013 5:29 PM

Jan 2013
Hyack said:
Tyrel said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyClBWP31H0

Gin says: "Since the movie has been delayed until summer, we need to brainstorm and figure out what to do after the TV series ends in March UNTIL the movie comes out." Which basically means Enchousen ends now in March, and after the movie comes out they roll-on again.
But we will know for sure when we get there. :)

Also some memorable parts of this episode:
Mar 12, 2013 3:04 AM

Mar 2012
Well, people can hope for an early April Fools Joke. It fits the show well xD

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 28, 2013

180 by lordgaara »»
Apr 25, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyack - Feb 7, 2013

203 by lordgaara »»
Apr 24, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 21, 2013

116 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Mar 14, 2013

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 31, 2013

148 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 7:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.