Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 27, 2013 5:32 AM

Jun 2012
flame_master_14 said:
Well, I *was* feeling pretty good about this chapter, but then I read through this...Ahem:

- First off, it was directly stated that if someone were to eat a second DF, the power would violently tear them apart.
The only reason BB could do it was because of his first fruit, which let him absorb the power. That's a different situation altogether, because he didn't actually eat WB's fruit.
Plus, I get the feeling that Luffy honestly won't care about the fruit much, simply because it isn't really in his nature. Even if he does get it, he may just end up throwing it in the ocean somewhere.

- The next Shikibukai CANNOT be a Yonkou, because that directly contradicts the concept of the three powers. Stop theorizing about BB, Shanks, etc, please.

- The new admiral can still be someone we know, they may have just changed their name like Borsolino/Admiral Kizaru, Kuzan/Admiral Aokiji, and Sakazuki/Admiral Akainu.

-

Well if when someone dies the DF goes into the closest fruit then it may be much simpler than we think.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Feb 27, 2013 5:35 AM

Jun 2012
Chapter was awesome.

I personally think that this fujitora (im 99% sure this is an admiral) will end up eating the mera mera no mi, it's logia and admirals need some logia :D

Laws face was hilarious.

Some nice info on the schibukai, buggy yay :D wonder who the 7th one is and why they are so important. Also curious about Zou.

I thought they would go around dressrosa to green bit? unless they have to go through dressrosa to get there.

Very interesting chapter, raising even more mysteries :D
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Feb 27, 2013 5:40 AM

Dec 2009
Based on this chapter the future of One Piece is going to be very exciting :D
Feb 27, 2013 5:48 AM

Apr 2007
I don't think zoro or sanji will eat a devil fruit, who will save luffy out of the ocean? it's always zoro or sanji ^^
Feb 27, 2013 5:59 AM

Mar 2011
If I'm not mistaken , Fujitora= wind tiger (I think..). Kinda reminds me of the "Yellow monkey/Red Dog" nicknames. And if "sending Fujitora" is so extreme I doubt he is just another vice-admiral (especially since we saw how sort work Trafal can make of one).
Also ties in with what Law said about DD getting chased by the admirals in case he renounces his title.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Feb 27, 2013 6:25 AM

Dec 2009
I can't wait to see Buggy again~
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 27, 2013 6:29 AM
Mar 2012
Fujitora does mean wind tiger so he may be one of the admirals because of his surname, there also could be a lot of admirals and not just 3 of them, but still that admiral said he sent him to dressrosa so I doubt they are of the same marine rank, we still need a better scanlation before coming to any conclusions. Anyway, I just hope oda doesn't take out doflamingo this early in the nw, was also great to see that he was in possession of ace's df.
wait was that akainu or was that a new admiral? he's wearing akainu's clothes but some guy is calling him "admiral" we really need better translations
ShadugeFeb 27, 2013 6:39 AM
Feb 27, 2013 6:36 AM

Aug 2012
Kanic said:
If I'm not mistaken , Fujitora= wind tiger (I think..). Kinda reminds me of the "Yellow monkey/Red Dog" nicknames. And if "sending Fujitora" is so extreme I doubt he is just another vice-admiral (especially since we saw how sort work Trafal can make of one).
Also ties in with what Law said about DD getting chased by the admirals in case he renounces his title.

yup, that much is obvious I think. Fujitora has to be a admiral, and we can speculate which DF he has.
We had red dog = magma
blue pheasant = ice
yellow monkeey = BEAAAAAMZ

My only conclusion is it has something to do with wind and is pretty savage. It could also mean fast as f*ck and no DF, then it would be a good bet that he'll take the mera mera no mi.
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Feb 27, 2013 6:40 AM

Oct 2010
Happy 700th chapter!And what a chapter!Buggy finally confirmed as shichibukai,ace devilfruit,catch up withe world etc Great chapter!One piece has a really strong character universe!
This world...is rotten
Feb 27, 2013 6:42 AM
Jun 2009
7th shichibukai is obviously sakata gintoki.. i called it
Feb 27, 2013 7:17 AM

Aug 2009
hahahahaha buggy a warlord. i don't believe it. maybe his red nose struck fear into the pirates world wide. maybe Luffy will eat the devil fruit and have 2 abilities like Blackbeard.
Feb 27, 2013 7:18 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome chapter.

Luffy's nonchalant attitude is lol XD...he even had Law swooped by the mood when they were talking about the food and Law said he didn't like bread XD...his face was priceless hahahahaha. Glad to hear about his crew...though I wished to see them a bit earlier, this way we'll have to wait for them a little :(

I agree with the guys who said about Absolum...he's the only one in mind to be able to do so...but I wonder for what reason? And does Moria have sth to do with it?

Also glad to see Bonny alive and kicking :)...I still feel that she might join the SHs.

I have conflicted feelings about the Mera Mera fruit...It's an awesome twist Oda made and I like it...but I'm worried who's gonna eat it??? I hope nothing stupid like a main character eating it to have a power up. I would actually like an enemy or marine (like Coby (if he wants to be an admiral)) to eat it.
Feb 27, 2013 7:23 AM
Aug 2007
x5exotic said:

Edit: who the hell is the 7th shichibukai???

boyyyy do i hope it's Sabo
Feb 27, 2013 7:47 AM

Oct 2011
roflshanks said:
7th shichibukai is obviously sakata gintoki.. i called it

Gintoki would be the Kaizoku Ou if he was in One Piece though :P

Gol_D_Lex said:
hahahahaha buggy a warlord. i don't believe it. maybe his red nose struck fear into the pirates world wide. maybe Luffy will eat the devil fruit and have 2 abilities like Blackbeard.

I can't see that happening, it would make more sense if Sanji ate it since he's all about the fire element, and even that possibility seems remote in my opinion.
Feb 27, 2013 7:52 AM

Apr 2008
I'm rather interested in the theme of Dressrosa considering we saw those throne chairs in the shapes of card suits. I imagine a sort of checkers/chess/gambling environment in Dressrosa, but I think that was something hinted at before. Anyways, I found Doflamingo's interactions with the other three mysterious characters in that room interesting.
Feb 27, 2013 8:10 AM

Jul 2009
I doubt anyone from SHs will eat that DF. It would only destroy their characters and I can't imagine Oda doing that. Especially Sanji, well, that would make him far too strong. Even stronger than Zoro :D not gonna happen.
Feb 27, 2013 8:28 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty good chapter, looking forward to the Dressrosa arc hopefully it wont be a let down like the last two arcs.

I am really curious as to who the unknown Warlord is, there are so many options.

As for who eats Ace's fruit I'm thinking of three possibilities:

A) No one eats it, Luffy destroys the fruit/throws it away.
B) Luffy eats it, maybe because people with the D. in their names can eat two?
C) A new character will be introduced this arc that will be weak but will want to help them out. At some point said character will eat the fruit to help a dying crew member. He/she will then leave with the crew and they will get a new crew member.

Personally I'm hoping for C, especially if its a girl. They need a new female/non-swordsman character. As someone said above if any of the current crew members eats a devil fruit it will not only destroy their character but change the balance of power in the crew. There's no need to change any of the current crew members that have been the same way since the start of the manga.
FullmetalRaikouFeb 27, 2013 8:34 AM
Feb 27, 2013 8:30 AM
Feb 2013
Does anyone curious about the new admiral?
cause now only kizaru n akainu has become fleet admiral
Feb 27, 2013 9:18 AM

Mar 2011
Shaduge said:
... but still that admiral said he sent him to dressrosa so I doubt they are of the same marine rank, we still need a better scanlation before coming to any conclusions...

Indeed. Mangastream says"Fujitora has been dispatched" and not "I sent him". It fits
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Feb 27, 2013 9:44 AM

Aug 2010
Buggy becoming a shichibukai was obvious. But damn I was shocked when I saw Ace's fruit.
Feb 27, 2013 9:55 AM
Feb 2013
Ummm. UMMMMMMMMMM

7thPFeb 27, 2013 10:15 AM
Feb 27, 2013 10:11 AM

Apr 2009
i wonder what Logia type is that dude, his character is hilarious xDD

anyways great chapter.. feels like it was a lot of info in it (garp? crocodile? for a moment i thought they all are in dressarosa lol)

Feb 27, 2013 10:12 AM

Nov 2011
sick chapter. nice to find out where bepo and the other hearts are, finally!

AAHHA buggy the "living legend"

next arc is going to be fun :D
Feb 27, 2013 10:14 AM

Jan 2008
Bigbuffoon said:
And I hope Sanji eats that fruit... *crosses fingers*

I was thinking that too. It'd make the most sense since he's already all about fire abilities.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 27, 2013 10:33 AM

May 2012
wow many new information in that ch :)
liked it, haha buggy
Feb 27, 2013 11:10 AM

Nov 2008
Bigbuffoon said:
And I hope Sanji eats that fruit... *crosses fingers*

Sanji won't eat it....he wanted invisibility remember?
Feb 27, 2013 11:19 AM

May 2007
7thP said:

Yep. Good catch. There's a few theories out there that Abusa is Absalom. His invisibility DF power would be extremely useful to gather secret information.
Feb 27, 2013 11:25 AM

May 2008
700 Chapters! That is awesome.
Feb 27, 2013 11:34 AM
Feb 2012
Jesus Christ, what a ridiculously awesome chapter.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 27, 2013 11:37 AM

Jul 2007
7th Shichibukai is most likely Marco
Feb 27, 2013 12:09 PM

Oct 2011
naah don't think so.. most probable choice would be Bonney
Feb 27, 2013 1:04 PM

Mar 2012
BUGGY!!!! WE KNOW YOU WERE ONE!! xD

Goddamn Oda, why you have to foreshadow another Warlord, and from the context, it seems it was a newly appointed one.

I swear, that was Crocodile in that panel next to of Jinbe's panel!

Good to see Bonney again, she still seem to be in hiding, and the other Supernovas.

Information about the Warlords, "Sky-Demon" Doflamingo, such an awesome nickname. We now know the status of the Warlords. Mihawk, Hancock, and Kuma are still active Warlords. Buggy and Law are the newly appointed Warlords. And another foreshadowed new upcoming Warlord.

I just love how they call Buggy a "Legend" xD

And I so call that when Doflamingo had something that Luffy would want, it came to my mind straightly that it was the Mera Mera no Mi. How awesome would it be if Luffy actually ate it? xD

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Feb 27, 2013 1:23 PM
Jul 2012
Yeah, I wonder WHAT IF Buggy now can at least fight better than what he had pre-timeskip, but I highly doubt it. Buggy becoming a Shichibukai was like Obito being Tobi, it was so obvious that people actually tried to discard the idea. As for the Mysterious Shichibukai, I believe it may be a new character. Doubt it's Teach, since he is already a Yonkou, and I can't see him having a reason to go back(or at least I think so).

This new Admiral reminds me of Akainu a lot... I think it's just his clothing, who knows.
Feb 27, 2013 1:58 PM

Sep 2012
kiDnameDSkia said:
^ I could see Luffy getting the ability tho, although there's no real point in Luffy getting a logia since he's more or less protected from non-haki attacks by rubber. Also, there's no real synergy in it, and we haven't been explained how 2 DF on one person work yet. Is it like changing weapons, or can we have the abilities both at the same time? BB is one thing because his logia doesn't really protect him, but it would be awkward with Luffy and those 2 fruits..

Although Sanji and Kinemon have an affiliation with fire, just because of it I don't really see them getting the mera fruit, I mean their skills of creating fire would be rendered useless. Zoro taking it would be kinda lame since that would kill his "demon powers" image with bright colors O.O Usopp, well, the idea is interesting but I doubt it kinda.

My guess is that some enemy will take it or Luffy will just preserve it like Shanks preserved the rubber fruit.

And yeah I agree about the admiral, we need some new faces, the before t-s vice admirals belong in that position, having them so higher up would be boring.

EDIT: Also, could Abusa actually be Absalom? I mean, his DF would be perfect for such things as finding out secrets, as long as he keeps his mouth shut :D

omigosh you are a genius
Feb 27, 2013 2:13 PM

Aug 2012

called Moria's involvement first! just sayin ^^

Now that I think about it, I have a pretty nice idea of the themes of new admirals.

So, Wind tiger is revealed, my guess is that the other 2 also have some basic earth composition means in the name, like...well, Earth (gorilla or some animal), and hmm.. Water? Since we had light magma and ice used already, and it goes along with the characteristic *second name an animal* thing.

I think *fleet* was left out for some reason in that "admiral" panel because it's damn obvious that was Akainu. My guess is that they still aren't used to it and call him his title he was most known with, and he doesn't bother with it.

dimsumftw said:
7th Shichibukai is most likely Marco

Also called it first! :D although I doubt it.

I'm such a 'first' whore.

And I'm agreeing with people noticing the cards/swindle/mafia enviroment Dressrosa is pictured with.
I am also guessing Dofla is the "hearts" as the strongest and since it's the only left out seat out of the 4. I'm also glad that with this we figured Baby 5 and Buffalo are just regular not among the strongest members of the Dofla society, because if they were that would've been lame.
"Sky demon" is also interesting, we had seen him in the skies and being lightweight quite a few times, but it doesn't fit with his string fruit...Unless he's a string loga (not gonna happen) xd
Also suggests the Wind tiger and Sky demon will have an epic aerial fight.
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Feb 27, 2013 3:24 PM

Apr 2008
Buggy The living LEGEND LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Feb 27, 2013 4:03 PM

Aug 2011
great chapter , i hope nami gets mera mera fruit :3
Feb 27, 2013 6:26 PM

Aug 2012
Sanji should eat le fruit

He's already been given random f*cking fire powers
Feb 27, 2013 6:30 PM

Mar 2012
Everyone here want Sabji to eat the fruit but not once or twice Sanji have to do some swiming or something along the line that only non DF user can do.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 27, 2013 6:36 PM

Feb 2012
I'm not sure if i'm the only one who though of this but on punk hazard Luffy met a samurai who wields fire, who has thus far stayed with Luffy longer then most so it's not impossible for him to join the crew at this point ,and then all of a sudden Ace's devil fruit is available for the munchin sounds like a perfect match to me.
Feb 27, 2013 6:55 PM

Aug 2012
DON'T GIVE SANJI THE FRUIT. HE WON'T BE ABLE TO BLUE WALK ANYMORE.
Feb 27, 2013 7:32 PM
Feb 2013
Kinemon already has a DF. And why would Marco ally with the government after what happened to Whitebeard? Oh, and Buffalo already said that the Heart Seat was reserved for Law. So the only seat we don't know about is the Spade, since we saw the Diamond and Club in this chapter.
MT22Feb 27, 2013 7:48 PM
Feb 27, 2013 8:17 PM

May 2011
Oh man this chapter 700 was massive! Loved every second.

First and foremost, I've been having a thought for YEARS, I truly believe that Coby will be the one to inherit Ace's Mera Mera No Mi. Don't ask me how or why, but I've thought this since the moment Ace died in Marineford. It would definitely make his goal of becoming an Admiral and a rival for Luffy legitimate.

Anyways, there have been a lot of confirmations in this chapter...

-Of course Ace's fruit (COBY WILL GET IT)
- Crocodile in the NW
- Buggy as Shichibukai (YES!)
- The face of a new Admiral (the other has possibly been dispatched)
- Kid Alliance is after a Yonkou as well
- Law's Crew is in Zou
- Bonney is roaming free (possibly on "terms")
- Smoker wrote a report about Punk Hazard (possibly in charge of G-5 now)
- Law doesn't like Bread (lol)

Luffy planned the route for the next few arcs as well. Really looking forward to it all!

5/5
Kayaba-Feb 27, 2013 8:29 PM
Feb 27, 2013 8:42 PM

Nov 2009
^ lol Law prefers onigiri over bread

omg Bepo got a tiny little face shot when they mentioned Zou!!!! BEPO!! I MISS YOU!! can't wait for Law's team to join the fray. what if Bonney really was the other shichibukai? i mean she was weaksauce but the fact that she is out on her own after getting totally curb stomped is suspicious.

no one is going to eat the mera mera no mi for a while i think. and it's definitely not going to a straw hat. i think it's really amazing how much planning Oda has done for the next several arcs. i hope they don't last an entire year though. i want to see Zou and the Wanokuni soon...like before im 30...please

im going to die when this chapter gets animated. information-plot-related episodes are the best
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2013 9:23 PM

Mar 2012
7thP said:
Ummm. UMMMMMMMMMM

You.. you're a fucken genius! Lol, From looking closely, I can see the head of the ship, the bat thing. It will also make sense if it was him that got the info, he is invisible.

I think this will happen to the Mera Mera no Mi:
1) Luffy will "accidently" eat it or recklessly eat it (knowing Luffy).
2) Will be kept as a memento on the ship.

Fujitora might be a character we had seen before, that just his epithet like "Akainu" and "Aokiji".
skwok-ravenFeb 27, 2013 9:30 PM

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Feb 27, 2013 10:01 PM
Feb 2013
7th Warlord is Eneru
Feb 27, 2013 10:07 PM

Aug 2010
jpat1 said:
7th Warlord is Eneru

Hahahaha...that would actually be quite interesting hehe
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

1 by FMmatron »»
Yesterday, 7:16 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Apr 23

55 by steeltec »»
May 1, 11:17 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Mar 12

64 by cry4heals »»
May 1, 5:18 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1081 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 17, 2023

74 by anubela »»
May 1, 9:56 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 770 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2014

50 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.