Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Princess
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2008 11:41 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode! We learn more about the enemy! They terrible in the sense dangerous and evil. They are the opposite of the Kougon cult but they have the same weapons, those would be Shikabane Himes. Corpses contracted to priests that can have the authorization to kill humans by the priest himself and regenerate with the vitality of the priest.

We meet Dai Shoujo most important person and #1 in the cult.

Makina is having terrible nightmares and among them has the enemy of which must have done something terrible in the past to Makina.

Keisei is having his own problems as well.

There is a person that can do corpse magic. Seems he gets killed by a never before seen Shikabane Hime known as Hokuto that is to change the world?

The major villains are set! The story NOW will really start! How will all kill those SOBs? How will they settle things and stop these crazy guys that have crazy skills?

That is what I want to know and look forwards to in #11! Yeah! :D

1.The evil group that is stronger than any other enemies of this series that I have seen so far. They are even stronger than that priest betrayer.
2.Even crazier Shikabane Hime than anything I have seen in this series. She looks such a beauty but yet such danger of death near her. Horror to the max!

slayer545-samaDec 4, 2008 10:10 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 4, 2008 3:18 PM

May 2008
dam that was a good ep we finally meet the villians
Dec 20, 2008 3:42 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
That's it, I m tired of waiting and I will be either watching raws or the chinese subs from now on since the action and pace picked up!

So...finally, the shikabane organization makes their moves.....The current seven mysterious figures are called Shichisei, the Seven Stars of the Dipper and they serve a greater evil....And I can wait until the five great shikabane generals to appear (higher-ups of Shichisei)

And by the way, these are not Shikabane himes, simply high-level Shikabanes....

Funny that Keisei didn't know that Ouri WORKS at the Inspector monk's coffee shop....Apparently, Keisei knows the inspector very well....And also, the inspector is on a SECRET mission..other contracted priest mmust not knows his whereabouts. That is because the elder monks suspects traitors with the cult....And they left without giving Ouri his paycheck for the month...LOL....

Other than that, Makina and her family were killed by the Shichisei, as confirmed in her nightmares....Most precisely, she remembers Hokuto (the girl with the tatoo on the eye)

ominous preview...Ouri's birthday...and something bad is going to happen....
wakka9caDec 20, 2008 3:53 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 26, 2008 3:14 PM
Apr 2008
That was really interesting. It took Shikabane Hime 10 episodes to finnaly get the real storyling underway. Better late than ever. I think this is a good storyline and I can't wait to see how it develops.
Dec 27, 2008 8:13 PM

Feb 2008
ManU-Alchemist said:
That was really interesting. It took Shikabane Hime 10 episodes to finnaly get the real storyling underway. Better late than ever. I think this is a good storyline and I can't wait to see how it develops.

well they do have a whole 2nd season to explain the story and im looking forward to it!
rreggiebryant1Dec 27, 2008 8:18 PM
Dec 28, 2008 10:54 AM

Feb 2008
aaa so we finally know what the deal is. looks like oori has found himself a shikabane candidate.
Dec 28, 2008 2:00 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I never noticed that Oori actually shows up as a Contract Priest in the ED lol. Anyway, episode was really good. The next few episodes should be entertaining.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 28, 2008 6:14 PM

Sep 2008
I really don't like where this is going. There is no real relationship explanation in here, only random encounters between Oori and shikabane's. His relation with Minai was greatest thing so far in this anime, and

This series is not going to get any better in my opinion....I will watch it till the end, for sake of watching anime, but I really don't like it as I used to...
Dec 29, 2008 12:37 AM

Nov 2007
yay for history unwravelling. now im really curious as to why he doesn't want oori part of that world.

also the cat. supposedly only he can see the cat but now we have seen several times that the priests and shikabanes can see them. i wonder if its just a corpse that he has around him at all times.
direblissDec 29, 2008 12:40 AM
Dec 29, 2008 9:22 PM

Jun 2007
Maybe Oori is Hime's little brother (the one in the pic thats burnt). He did lose his memory when he was a kid so it's a possibility.
Dec 30, 2008 5:58 AM

Jan 2008
cyruz said:
I never noticed that Oori actually shows up as a Contract Priest in the ED lol.
Same, I literally just noticed right now as I'm watching the ED.
Things are getting interesting.
Dec 30, 2008 12:49 PM

Nov 2007
aero said:
cyruz said:
Things are getting interesting.

Well, they changed the ending subtly a couple of times already.
Until episode 4 they had a recap of the episode, episodes 5 to 8 had a recap of the episode with images of the Shikabane Hime in the middle part, and from episode 9 there's Ouri in the monk robes followed by the images of the Shikabane Hime and then Ouri again. Yes, I watch it all times since it's one of the best for this season.
I suppose it would have been too much of a spoiler to show him dressed like that from the beginning, though I'd figured long ago that he'd become Makina's contract priest.

Overall this episode was a bit slow... introducing the main bad guys is ok, but the lack of Makina makes me sad.
Dec 30, 2008 2:51 PM

Aug 2008
AikoD said:
Yes, I watch it all times since it's one of the best for this season.
This.
I suppose it would have been too much of a spoiler to show him dressed like that from the beginning, though I'd figured long ago that he'd become Makina's contract priest.
Ugh, I hope not. That cat's good* enough. Or Boob Goddess, although she'd make a lousy fighter. Better she stays alive. But Makina is Kesei's.

* I mean cool enough. Yeah, the cat's a lousy fighter, too.
JadeMatrixDec 31, 2008 6:34 AM
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 31, 2008 11:18 AM

Aug 2008
bah... so have they only subbed up to this episode? i want to finish this thing out but can't find anything past ep 10 :(
Dec 31, 2008 2:04 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
gswelcome said:
bah... so have they only subbed up to this episode? i want to finish this thing out but can't find anything past ep 10 :(

Be patient. Teki released this episode only a few days ago and it doesn't look like they'll stop now. (:

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 1, 2009 8:54 AM
Jan 1, 2009 4:01 PM

Dec 2008
Yeah great episode, that little girl looks extremely dangersous and that tall guy giving the orders reminder me of noraku from inuyasha, only because he like summoned those centipede thing, that came out of no where when they just slaughtered those 2 girls, i was like wow. can't wait to see more :D
Jan 2, 2009 4:44 AM

Jun 2008
aero said:
cyruz said:

I just notice now when you two are talking about it.

anyway,next episode gonna explain a lot,looking forward to it.
Jan 6, 2009 10:33 PM

May 2007
So we finally have our villians it seems, and these are for all the series not just Aka.

We also found out how Makina died.

Little bit on the forced humor early on but solid episode.
My anime list
Jan 8, 2009 12:21 AM

Nov 2006
I have had so many nightmares about dying the way Makina did; hiding in a closet and being found. So scary to actually see it. :(
Jan 8, 2009 12:39 PM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:

The white haired shikabane (hime?) is so incredible cute. >:3
Feb 15, 2009 9:01 AM

Oct 2008
So, the enemy finally appears..

Jan 26, 2011 7:55 AM

Dec 2008
Makina's memories are horrible! I'll be having nightmares about that tonight!
Looking forward to seeing more of the Seven Stars.
Poor Oori...no job...no money. They should have at least mailed him his pay.
Mar 28, 2011 11:37 AM

Aug 2009
I hope it's building up to something nice.
But I highly doubt it.
Mar 25, 2012 1:07 AM

Jan 2008
I found the animation in this episode pretty good...

Jul 1, 2012 9:06 AM

Jan 2012
i guess makina's aim is to kill that hokuto girl
Feb 9, 2013 1:56 AM
Jul 2018
Really interesting episode. The enemy group has finally appeared. I have been wondering when they would show up. I also wonder how they are Shikabane, but seemingly not obsessed with something like normal ones are? And who is that white haired girl and what is her deal? And why did they did Makina's family? So many questions I can't wait to see answered.

This series continues to be better than I expected. I was expecting an ecchi action series without much of a plot, but there is a lot less action than I thought there would be, and the story/plot and characters have all been really interesting. I really wonder what's going to happen next.
Feb 18, 2013 4:21 PM

Oct 2012
I Excidently started with the second season.
But after watching this everything fits to gether like an puzzle.
So i think im going to rewatch the second season :D

I really love the fact that there now is an evil organisation :D
May 15, 2013 9:23 PM

Jan 2013
nina4life said:
I really don't like where this is going. There is no real relationship explanation in here, only random encounters between Oori and shikabane's. His relation with Minai was greatest thing so far in this anime, and

This series is not going to get any better in my opinion....I will watch it till the end, for sake of watching anime, but I really don't like it as I used to...
No.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jan 28, 2014 9:27 PM

May 2008
Cabron said:
nina4life said:

No.

Very constructive criticism right there.

Anyway, like this episode in particular since there's plot progression.
Mar 2, 2014 4:14 AM

Aug 2013
And so it begins. Finally lol. I guess the bulk of the story would be in Kuro.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 1, 2014 8:42 PM
Mar 2013
So there's basically three or four players here. The Kongou cult, the Shichisei, the Betrayer Priest, and the assassin who works at the part-time shop.

I really hope things get intense in the next few episodes. The action has been sorely lacking these past few episodes.
Apr 12, 2015 8:45 AM
Jun 2013
wow i guess most of the bald monks are douch bags. im surprised ouri and boob girl said no to going out. Usually any other anime would make them blush and studder. ouch poor girls getting eaten up. I guess curses are the way to explain powers now and it looks like we got a look at our villain group. Ya know I thought makinas death was going to be more brutal there for a sec. Instead it was a quick stab to the gut. It was nice we got some more info on whats going on plot wise.
Jan 18, 2016 3:21 PM

Sep 2013
Hokuto is totally my type. MOE to the max. Now I want her to defeat the Kougon sect.

We gonna have EPIC battle: Hokuto and buddies vs boring bald guys and their Hime's...
Aug 5, 2017 10:24 PM

May 2015
If the enemy is strong AF I want to know how the good guys are going to defeat them?
Oct 3, 2017 8:58 AM

Nov 2014
Hokuto is quite cute and strong af, wanting to see more
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Mar 27, 2018 12:00 PM

May 2016
Damn it, I can feel how Makina felt when they came to kill her, it must have been a nightmare in hell.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Dec 25, 2008

56 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Feb 4, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 4 Discussion

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

49 by Aldones »»
Aug 25, 2023 2:24 PM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 9 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Nov 27, 2008

47 by Clauduchiha »»
Apr 23, 2023 4:33 PM

Poll: » Subbed or Dubbed?

GrayZStars - Oct 31, 2022

3 by Spaded_Ace »»
Oct 31, 2022 8:02 PM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 15, 2008

51 by deftdraft »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.