Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Princess
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 25, 2008 9:50 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So clearly, there is even a "next episode" for the "next" episode whihc is actually the next season....

A half of the episode was a nice recap to clearly re-explain anything that are not so clear up to now....

From the look of it, Ouri will go into the Kougon mountain to train to become a suitable contracted priest for Makiina. Very mature for Ouri not to blame his boss for killing Minai. It seems (hopefully) that he's become much more mature....

8/10

Not bad at all, but the pace was too slow and meaningless in the beginning.
Waiting for Shikabane Hime Kuro in the next few weeks.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 28, 2008 3:37 AM

Feb 2008
glad that the ending cleared up some of the terms used in the story! was considering should i pick up the season 2 in the middle of series, however, the ending invoked enough of my curiosity to look forward to the second season. can't wait to see a more matured ouri!

Dec 29, 2008 7:43 AM
Nov 2008
It's a so-so last episode of the season to me.. Cleared some doubts (though I find it too slow and a little redunant too), but I felt that it didn't leave enough teasers to make viewers want to look forward to the next season (except for that tied-up Makina which may not be even explained at all in Kuro)..

Nonetheless, I'll continue and follow-up on Kuro :)
[Hopefully there'll be English subs too.. Finding and watching RAWs can be rather hard]
Jan 10, 2009 7:26 PM
Mar 2008
;________;
Argh, I can't find the last episode ><

&& Is funimation releasing subbed versions a week after the airing date?
I streamed from funimation, but there was no episode 13 T_T
Jan 10, 2009 10:40 PM

Aug 2007
yes same here, and teki is takeing their time too

Jan 11, 2009 4:00 AM

Aug 2008
I wouldn't complain too much considering they're risking getting sued so we can watch free anime.
Jan 11, 2009 11:32 AM

Jun 2008
is there really an episode 13 or is kuro episode 1 Aka's 13? i can find kuro 1 subbed but all i find is raw for aka 13
Jan 11, 2009 3:53 PM

Aug 2008
I think teki picked this show up later in the season, they're releasing a new episode every couple days. Just wait a day or two, it'll come out.
Jan 12, 2009 5:27 PM

Jul 2008
Yup, not to mention, episode 12 just came out last Wednesday. At the latest it should be out tomorrow night/Wed morning US(from what I can tell they release about one ep per week on the high end). Patience is a virtue. Then of course, there's the new season of Kuro starting which have various subs around, so it should be easy to pick that up. Just wait a bit, and you'll be rewarded.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jan 14, 2009 1:09 AM

Jul 2008
Wednesday morning like clockwork, yo.

So so episode, cleared a lot of stuff up. Onto the Kuro forums, catch you foolz latah!

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jan 14, 2009 1:56 AM

Nov 2007
i thought it was a nice conclusion to go into the next season. imo the anime got better and better as the season went on.
Jan 14, 2009 4:01 AM

Sep 2008
i must say im very impressed with the conclusion ok aka. The series began slow but from episode 8 onwards it was brilliant. This ep was a good recap for the next season and also gave hints to Oori wanting to train and such. Well i did enjoy the first half of aka and i loved the second, i just have to give it a 9/10 for some reason.

Well i'm going to start watching Kuro once get back from Japan since im going on the 17th. So im going to be highly anticipating this next season for when i get back next month :) I'm sure its going to blow this season away.
Jan 14, 2009 4:40 AM

Aug 2008
teki have released episode 13, probably a few hours ago, wasnt out when i went sleep but was when i just woke up. Torrents for some reason cause my connection to play up, it stays connected, it just seems to stop transmitting, so im waiting on direct download if possible, if i dont see one in next few hours i will torrent and deal with it. Will edit when i watched it.
Jan 14, 2009 6:40 AM

Jun 2007
After being pretty sceptic about this show from the start, partly even being about to drop it, in the later episodes it became very solid.
Though I still don't really believe in the horror tag, it had some moments that clearly fit into that and which may have been the ones making this show rise a little above average.
Also I give +0,5 for op/ed/sound,
which even made me gave this show a 7/10 in the end.

I'd have loved them to have the cut after episode 12, since that would have been a much more fitting end - recaps could have waited for the next season.
Jan 14, 2009 10:05 AM

Feb 2008
on to next season
Jan 14, 2009 11:04 AM

Aug 2008
well, that was a terrible way to end it: a recap episode? Nothing of value happened at all, so I could have just jumped into kuro last week. Overall, it had some terrible moments, but also a few good ones. I liked Keisei, hated Oori, and didn't care either way for Makina, so I don't really know how much I'm going to like Kuro, or even if it's going to be nearly as funny as Aka. I'll give Aka a 5. It was all over the place.
Jan 14, 2009 11:21 AM

Sep 2008
I was hopping for more content also. It almost is an ep that you can skip other than shoing to oori that there are more shikabane himes and stuff, and than figuring out his master is a priest + where to go train.
Jan 14, 2009 11:32 AM

Aug 2008
@noteDhero

I felt completely differently to you on all the characters, didnt much like keisei, didnt want him dead, but didnt like him. I liked Makina, kinda cool, cute, and at times a bit of a Tsundere. Oori though, it wasnt i didnt like him, it was more i didnt like the fact he was the lead character yet did nothing, could do nothing, so when it finally looked like he was going to become a contracted priest, i was happy, then annoyed to hell they killed Minai off, because she was cute, and since it kept him as being useless. How it originally starts off showed or maybe just made you think their was a connection between Oori and Makina, might be remembering it wrong, but she reacted to him when she was pretty much dead at the begining- i know she is dead anyway, but you know what i mean. So since they finally become contracted- though i expect she aint going to be happy about it, i have pretty high hopes for kuro, since he wont be as useless, and hopefully i will find out what the deal is with that damn cat.
Jan 14, 2009 11:44 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Great episode. Before I knew it, it was over. I really enjoyed the last couple of episodes and the ones before those weren't bad either. 8/10

Off to Kuro~

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 14, 2009 11:46 AM

Feb 2008
Eh? This episode was really fast over. Felt like only 10 minutes.
It was really good IMO. We got some more Informations.
Yeah, there was no action. But it wasn't boring though.

/E: Score 8/10
De-JaYJan 14, 2009 11:54 AM
Jan 14, 2009 12:25 PM

Aug 2008
kouk2002 said:
@noteDhero

I felt completely differently to you on all the characters, didnt much like keisei, didnt want him dead, but didnt like him. I liked Makina, kinda cool, cute, and at times a bit of a Tsundere. Oori though, it wasnt i didnt like him, it was more i didnt like the fact he was the lead character yet did nothing, could do nothing, so when it finally looked like he was going to become a contracted priest, i was happy, then annoyed to hell they killed Minai off, because she was cute, and since it kept him as being useless. How it originally starts off showed or maybe just made you think their was a connection between Oori and Makina, might be remembering it wrong, but she reacted to him when she was pretty much dead at the begining- i know she is dead anyway, but you know what i mean. So since they finally become contracted- though i expect she aint going to be happy about it, i have pretty high hopes for kuro, since he wont be as useless, and hopefully i will find out what the deal is with that damn cat.

I'm right about to start Kuro, so if there is a time skip, then I can accept Oori becoming strong, otherwise, it'll just be nonsense. Since we still don't know about Oori's past, and they've deliberately made it ambiguous, I'm sure it's something that will be this big revelation.

I liked Keisei because he was the only levity in the series, and without him, I'm afraid the show will take itself way too seriously, which I hate in these kind of shows.

I totally forgot about that damn cat! I've been calling for explanations since like episode 4. I need closure with that kitty!

Jan 14, 2009 12:50 PM
Jul 2008
Episode 13 has been subbed, you can find it on tokyotosho.
Jan 14, 2009 1:41 PM

Dec 2008
mmm..i really like this series..but episode 13 seemed to lack. i mean, i would understand why they put a recap in if the series was longer, but it's such a short series that i don't think the recap was necessary. still, at least it closes the gap between aka and kuro (cuz i watched kuro before aka 13). it was "ok" by my terms.
Jan 14, 2009 1:58 PM
Dec 2007
I still don't know how I'll rate this first season since it's basically the first half of the series and Aka+Kuro should have been merged on the database (there's even a preview of the next episode which is actually the following season... not to mention that the OP is the same). And it was really strange too that the "last" episode was a semi-recap. Dissapointing, but not so much when you take into account that it's not really the last episode of the series but just the middle one.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 14, 2009 2:39 PM

Nov 2007
Bothersome recap... this series has some ups and downs, so I'm hoping that with Kuro things will start getting interesting again. Many loose ends that need to be tied up, especially the creepy kitty. Darn kitty.
Jan 14, 2009 6:06 PM
Apr 2008
Finally watched it. The recap in this episode was really good.
Jan 14, 2009 9:13 PM

Oct 2007
Ugh epic fail, you don't recap on the finale episode.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jan 14, 2009 9:50 PM

Feb 2008
The episode was just a summary for Aka and a link to the Kuro arc, which is a bad thing for a last episode but if we think about this as just a middle-season episode between Aka and Kuro then not that much of a problem.

Although there was some dull parts in overall the anime was quite good, it was the best when it concentrated on the main storyline.
A strong 7/10.
Jan 14, 2009 10:01 PM
Mar 2008
Great ending, knowing that there is a 2nd season. Summed up pretty much everything that everyone already knows though. Hopefully now that all that is out next season will be filled with action.
WTFwasThatJan 14, 2009 10:06 PM
Jan 14, 2009 10:49 PM

Jun 2008
The show became interesting at the last episodes, but at first it was really boring.

Jan 15, 2009 6:00 AM

Aug 2008
TBH i enjoyed the last episode i also fail to see what it was recapping exactly, that said i stalled on this due to lunar dropping it, so i only starting catching back up the other day.

@noteDhero
Well we got another perverted contract priest, and even better his shikabane hime was also perverted, and big boobs + rabbit ear=win so ofcourse i hope to see them in it more often, or atleast his shikabane hime. Also jealous Oori seems to be getting his hands on quite a few nice pairs lately, lucky b...

Glad i aint the only one wondering about the cat. I had some time off to use up, so spending it playing catch up on shows i fell behind with, or that were dropped by the group i started watching them with, this was one of them, i expect to watch the two episodes of kuro later today if not tomorrow. Probably last post in this thread.
Jan 16, 2009 8:57 AM

May 2007
You know, normally I don't like recaps but they did it in a way to explain stuff to us and was quite nice.

Is next episode the time skip is my only question?
My anime list
Jan 17, 2009 12:01 AM

Jul 2008
its like the next season: shikibane hime: kuro, not exactly sure where it picks up though...
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 12, 2009 7:49 PM

Jan 2008
kie_ said:
The show became interesting at the last episodes, but at first it was really boring.

Same thoughts. I didn't like it at first, but the past few episodes have been great.
This last episode was ok. Even though it was sort of a recap, I liked how they explained everything.
Feb 15, 2009 1:05 PM

Oct 2008
An end and a new beginning....?

Next season.. I hope Ouri won't die.
Nov 17, 2010 1:57 PM

Nov 2009
This series got better and better after each episode til the end. Too bad this final episode was mostly a re-cap. At least it provided some information from the different terms used in the series. Really looking forward to the next season now. Glad I got the second season boxset to continue the story. :)
Jan 5, 2011 3:25 PM

Sep 2010
I the series as a whole, but I think they should done more with this episode. -idk =?

..bout to start the second season soon. x)
Jan 26, 2011 10:18 AM

Dec 2008
This was supposed to be Keisei's funeral, but there really wasn't one.
On to season 2.
May 23, 2011 3:32 PM

Aug 2010
That cat....
Jul 26, 2011 5:06 PM

Mar 2009
Was that a thinly-veiled recap episode? Just awful. 4/10
May 7, 2012 1:00 AM

Sep 2011
I didn't like the first episode, but the rest of the series was good! Looking forward to the next season! xD
Jul 1, 2012 6:40 PM

Jan 2012
Yeah i think im going to watch the 2nd season too
Aug 8, 2012 8:20 PM

Mar 2012
This episode did what it had to do, which was to set up the next season and also, bring a bit of closure as well. I'm looking forward to watching the 2nd season.
Dec 6, 2012 8:17 PM
Aug 2012
they should make an OVA where jesus christ is a shikabane
Jan 6, 2013 8:44 PM

Nov 2012
I was skeptical about this anime at first but I really loved it. Great recap to help clear up some stuff you might have missed. I'm definitely watching the next arc.. season...whatever you wanna call it! :D
Feb 11, 2013 11:38 PM
Jul 2018
Nice mostly recap of the series episode. Finally have a bunch of the terms cleared up now. Should be an interesting second season to come.
May 16, 2013 12:28 AM

Jan 2013
TravSavage said:
This episode did what it had to do, which was to set up the next season and also, bring a bit of closure as well. I'm looking forward to watching the 2nd season.
StormSky92 said:
Nice mostly recap of the series episode. Finally have a bunch of the terms cleared up now. Should be an interesting second season to come.
Agreed.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 16, 2013 12:29 AM

Jan 2013
TravSavage said:
StormSky92 said:
Agreed.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 21, 2013 8:36 PM

Nov 2011
One of the most clever and interestingly placed recap episodes I've ever seen. Didn't even feel like a recap and basically served as a bridge into the second season. Well done. Overall I really enjoyed this and it exceeded my expectations. Thought it would be a monster of the week thing with 3 characters and that's it but it was so much more. Large ensemble of great characters.
Jul 1, 2014 10:01 PM
Mar 2013
Aww, the poor kids. The poor kids! My heart goes out to them ;_;

This entire series felt like the stage for Oori to begin his journey. I bet he will be journeying to the mountains to train with Makina to be a contracter priest.

I really like how they integrated recaps alongside the funeral. It kept things interesting and there was enough new content to make me psyched for the next episode.

I don't know about you guys but I am really starting to dislike that black cat ^^
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 4 Discussion

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

49 by Aldones »»
Aug 25, 2023 2:24 PM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 9 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Nov 27, 2008

47 by Clauduchiha »»
Apr 23, 2023 4:33 PM

Poll: » Subbed or Dubbed?

GrayZStars - Oct 31, 2022

3 by Spaded_Ace »»
Oct 31, 2022 8:02 PM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 15, 2008

51 by deftdraft »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:59 AM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ziploc - Oct 2, 2008

117 by Ronninn »»
May 9, 2022 5:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.