Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you dislike and/or regret completing and why?

New
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 2013 3:32 AM

Sep 2012
Red_Keys

Well ZnT is a tsundere romance, but by the end of the series the level of abuse Louise visits on Saito is significantly less than it was at the onset of their relationship. By that I mean she hardly even hits him in the final season and there is a significantly larger quantity of "dere" moments as opposed to "tsun" moments in comparison to the rest of the series. And also even in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd season, you get to see more of her low self esteem which helps build more of an empathetic aspect to her character (at least it did for me).

I see what you mean though. The dynamic is definitely an obscure one and obviously isn't going to be to everyone's liking. But in this specific case (as well as a few other cases) I can see the reason behind her particular behavior (eg. inferiority, jealousy, fear of loss, etc.)

But I've also seen it done in ways that were kinda pointless and meaningless. And then I've seen it done as kind of a parody (like in MM! where it's about a masochist that lives for this kind of thing) and it was actually very funny.

I guess for me I just like the dynamic, and although domestic violence isn't funny in the context of reality, I think a lot of the time the more important idea that is trying to be expressed is the reason for the female character's rash behavior. Although I'll be the first to admit that the story tellers often over shadow their intended expression by over doing the physical part and making the emotional part take sort of a back seat.
PentobarbidollFeb 10, 2013 3:37 AM
Feb 10, 2013 4:06 AM

May 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:
Red_Keys

Well ZnT is a tsundere romance, but by the end of the series the level of abuse Louise visits on Saito is significantly less than it was at the onset of their relationship. By that I mean she hardly even hits him in the final season and there is a significantly larger quantity of "dere" moments as opposed to "tsun" moments in comparison to the rest of the series. And also even in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd season, you get to see more of her low self esteem which helps build more of an empathetic aspect to her character (at least it did for me).

I see what you mean though. The dynamic is definitely an obscure one and obviously isn't going to be to everyone's liking. But in this specific case (as well as a few other cases) I can see the reason behind her particular behavior (eg. inferiority, jealousy, fear of loss, etc.)

But I've also seen it done in ways that were kinda pointless and meaningless. And then I've seen it done as kind of a parody (like in MM! where it's about a masochist that lives for this kind of thing) and it was actually very funny.

I guess for me I just like the dynamic, and although domestic violence isn't funny in the context of reality, I think a lot of the time the more important idea that is trying to be expressed is the reason for the female character's rash behavior. Although I'll be the first to admit that the story tellers often over shadow their intended expression by over doing the physical part and making the emotional part take sort of a back seat.

Well, he(Red_Keys) basically hate all Tsundere characters. Louis is just happen to be one of them. Well personally, Louis seems to be more "dere" rather than "tsun" as the story progress.

Plus, talking about Abusing.. Yandere is much more violence than Tsundere.He should know it already since he have watched Mirai Nikki too.
CresandoFeb 10, 2013 4:11 AM
Feb 22, 2013 6:11 PM
Aug 2012
Hope this is only on the edge of grave digging - but this show was just so bad.

Mitsu x Mitsu Drops.

Just abysmal. Absolutely abysmal.

No idea why I watched it either - not a big fan of Minami Kanan's manga (don't mind smut - just don't like hers)

Feb 22, 2013 6:56 PM

Jul 2012
Shiki god this series gives me daymares I can't stop thinking about the poor shiki
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Feb 22, 2013 7:14 PM

Sep 2012
Animefreak17a said:
Shiki god this series gives me daymares I can't stop thinking about the poor shiki

I know how you feel, man.
Feb 22, 2013 7:16 PM
Jul 2012
Angel beats didn't know it will be that sad
Feb 22, 2013 8:18 PM

Jan 2010
Usagi Drop

I should have stopped in the middle and forget about it...
Feb 22, 2013 8:31 PM

Mar 2012
D.Gray-man. It had started getting serious in the very last episodes in HQ.
Feb 22, 2013 9:23 PM

Dec 2008
Feb 23, 2013 2:20 AM

Jul 2012
Litrydow said:
Animefreak17a said:

I know how you feel, man.

god damn it you had to show me that.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
NTADAug 2, 2015 1:50 PM
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Feb 23, 2013 4:42 AM

Jan 2013
None. I dont regret watching Duel Masters either.
Feb 23, 2013 1:05 PM

Mar 2012
Maken-Ki! I don't how i completed that?!?
Yosuga no Sora: In Solitude I didn't expect kind of action
Feb 23, 2013 1:27 PM

Feb 2013
Mr7Beans said:
Nope, if i didn't like an anime..
I'll simply stop watching it, no need to complete it anyway.

I agree. Ive never regretted completing an anime.
Feb 23, 2013 6:52 PM

May 2012
School Days, such an amazing awful show.

Just kidding, I don't regret it at all, I knew what I was in for, and to be honest, the ending felt reeeeaal good.
Don't know what took me so long to watch it though. -3-
Feb 23, 2013 7:15 PM

Jan 2013
The only anime I regret completing was Angel Beats! and Anohana.

Those final episodes gave me such manly feels I just couldn't contain.
Feb 25, 2013 6:06 PM

Sep 2012
Yosuga no Sora: In Solitude, Where We Are Least Alone.
That was during my ecchi faze.
Simply put, there's a limit to just how borderline hentai a series can be.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"I don't do anything I don't have to. What I have to do, I do quickly." -Oreki Houtarou
Feb 25, 2013 6:13 PM
Dec 2010
chäos head, hated every minute of it... wasn't worth it :/
Feb 25, 2013 7:31 PM

Dec 2010
I've never completed an anime that I regretted watching (except for shitty OVAs like Mars of Destruction). I always drop it long before.
Feb 25, 2013 7:44 PM
Jun 2012
Chäos Head- I didn't know what was going on half of the show.
School Days - Oh god....I don't even. I didn't even put it in my list.
Happiness!- Boring.
Feb 26, 2013 11:53 AM

Oct 2012
There are many anime that i regret completing but still im gonna go with watching 20 episodes of Soul Eater.
Feb 26, 2013 1:11 PM

Jan 2012
Clannad (AS). I should've trusted my gut feeling - which never let me down - and don't start it in the first place, but then I wanted to see what the fuss is about. Well fuck, huge waste of time, they could've given Kyou and Ryou more screentime at least.

I learned my lesson from it though and tend to drop shows quicker now, like with Angel beats, or more recently, Sakurasou.
Feb 26, 2013 2:15 PM

Mar 2012
bNq said:
Clannad (AS). I should've trusted my gut feeling - which never let me down - and don't start it in the first place, but then I wanted to see what the fuss is about. Well fuck, huge waste of time, they could've given Kyou and Ryou more screentime at least.

I learned my lesson from it though and tend to drop shows quicker now, like with Angel beats, or more recently, Sakurasou.

Angel Beats is pretty good and its very short so not much of a time waster, so its worth completing. Actuallly the main problem of Angel Beats comes from the fact its too short, the fact the shows main complaint that its too short is usually not a bad thing. Also dem feels in last eps, If the show was twice as long so therefore even more attacment to chars, people would of been suicidal near the end.
Feb 28, 2013 10:45 AM
Sep 2012
bNq said:

Lol agreed about Clannad AS. The hell was with the supernatural stuff all of a sudden? It took a complete 180 from slice of life to supernatural.

Also shout out to Death Note. SMH.
NTADAug 2, 2015 1:54 PM
Feb 28, 2013 1:05 PM

Dec 2012
I have a couple things I suppose I regret watching, but this is offset by the fact that, now that I've watched them once, I'll never have to watch them again. Also, if someone ever recommends them (and someone will, people recommend anything), I'll know to never respect that person again.

But if I were to pick a couple I regret: Queen's Blade, Mnemosyne, and Witchblade. Hey, I'm sensing a pattern here...
Feb 28, 2013 4:31 PM

Feb 2013
None actually! I always make sure I don't regret watching a series, so I'll probably seek some information and ratings on the anime series before watching it. When I look at my list, I can't think of a single one that (completely) failed me. Of course there are those series that can be annoying sometimes, but like HitoShura94 said, every single one of them has got that one thing that makes it worth watching... :P

Mar 1, 2013 2:58 AM

Jul 2008
I'm going to regret completing Amnesia.
Mar 1, 2013 3:04 AM
Nov 2010
kaitanuva said:
Lol agreed about Clannad AS. The hell was with the supernatural stuff all of a sudden? It took a complete 180 from slice of life to supernatural.

Also shout out to Death Note. SMH.
what? The show was supernatural since the first season. The first arc featured
, remember?
Mar 1, 2013 3:14 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Since you differentiate what we don't like and what we really regret... I regret nothing!

Sure, there are some anime that made me want to gauge my eyes out and play ping pong with them instead of watching BUT I don't regret it in the aftermath. Cause if I hadn't watched them then I wouldn't know how bad they were and I wouldn't have a complete opinion. Everything I start, I start with the goal to finish it. I know how to pick completed series (aka I won't choose something I'm not even a bit sure I'm gonna like it or at least put up with it easily enough) and the airing ones are just 1 epi per week so that's easy, especially when you have friends to trashtalk together XD
Mar 1, 2013 3:16 AM
Jan 2013
Hakouki.
Big Mistake. But the anime was pretty nice XD
Mar 1, 2013 4:53 AM

Nov 2011
None, because now I know if their bad or good.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Mar 1, 2013 8:40 AM

Mar 2012
Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku it wasnt the worst show I have ever watched, but by god it has to be prob the most boring I managed to complete.
I so wish I could take that time back and watch something else.
Mar 1, 2013 9:59 AM

Oct 2012
ernst said:
None, because now I know if their bad or good.

How is that?
Mar 1, 2013 12:11 PM

Jul 2012
i dropped ergo proxy after episode 23.
i cannot imagine what i was thinking

though i do remember being bored
Mar 1, 2013 12:15 PM

Apr 2011
I'll go ahead and say Jyu-Oh-Sei. Not because it was horrible, I enjoyed it lots. But to think that I won't get the same feeling when I re-watch it (already done it a couple of times), it kinda disheartens me, more so than with Death Note and Code Geass, which until not long ago were my top favorites.
Mar 1, 2013 2:29 PM

Feb 2012
Just recently,True Tears. The ending is restarted and i hope Hiromi get's killed or cheats on the MC later down the line. It's realistic they said. Well relationship's dont have a fairy tail ending. Shit anime.
Mar 1, 2013 3:56 PM

Mar 2012
I wish I'd never gotten into the Sono Hanabira franchise. I can't get into yuri anymore because I've realised that I've already seen the best it has to offer.
Mar 1, 2013 10:44 PM

Oct 2011
Suzuka, its just pure annoying drama mixed with the two worst main characters ever
Mar 1, 2013 11:05 PM

Jan 2013
Not completed but i do regret sitting through 200 episodes of Naruto, One Piece and Bleach
Mar 4, 2013 12:04 PM
Feb 2012
Akane-iro Somaru Saka hands down... Should have dropped after Episode 11...
Mar 4, 2013 1:45 PM

Nov 2010
half of the people here watching stuff clearly not in their genre,
the other half finishing stuff obvious from the getgo they won't like...

yup definitely the worst stuff ever -_-
Mar 4, 2013 4:55 PM
Aug 2012
I kind of regret completing Toradora becouse it isin't as good as the first time when you watch it once more.Still waiting for a memory eraser to be invented.
Other than that there is ofcourse school days.
Mar 4, 2013 11:59 PM

Jun 2012
IceBurn said:
Just recently,True Tears. The ending is restarted and i hope Hiromi get's killed or cheats on the MC later down the line. It's realistic they said. Well relationship's dont have a fairy tail ending. Shit anime.

Bah, I really hated that ending too. The series as a whole was good, but that ending left a sour note.

Anyways, Highschool DxD for me. I recently dropped Little Busters! and Amnesia and wasn't in the mood to drop a 3rd consecutive title, so I muscled it it out. Bleh, sort of regret it.
Mar 5, 2013 1:23 AM

Mar 2010
i regret watching soul eater, the ending ruined the whole show and killed any desire i would have had to pick up the manga.

i also regret watching/reading katekyo hitman reborn, because tsuna is still a wimp by the end of the show/manga, and i was watching/reading in hopes of getting to see a more resolute and badass tsuna.
Mar 5, 2013 2:00 AM

Apr 2012
Most recently, it would have to be To-Love-Ru. It started off as a pretty average but entertaining enough harem/ecchi series. By the end, however, it became an exercise in masochism to finish it. Various aspects of the show just really got on my nerves by then; and, plus, there were some downright terrible episodes in the latter half.
Mar 9, 2013 7:06 AM

Dec 2011
Eiken, I have no idea how or why I finished that, but I deeply regret it. Most anime I don't like I usually give a couple episodes and then drop, so most anime I finish are ones I liked.
im a computer loving, anime watching nerd and i could never be happier :D
Mar 9, 2013 9:07 AM

Dec 2012
NHK ni Youkoso!

The MC the takes the word pathetic to a new level and i didn't get why he would get better then worse and so on and they focused on the other side character dumb stories more than the MC relationship with misaki and didn't even made their relationship clear by the end even though he said he loved her and what not.

Plus that senpai character truly deserve hate i absolutely despise her she is truly a terrible human being.

What i wanted from the series :

Vurtox said:
I would have loved to seem them further exploring the psychologically coherent and smart approach of two psychically wounded people healing each other through social interaction and an affectionate relationship. However, they completely dropped the idea somewhere in the middle of the series.
Instead we got to see other crazy people and their problems while Misaki turned slowly into a side character. Satou who was head over heels suddenly treated her indifferent and in the last few episodes (espeically on new years eve) behaved like a total prick. At the end they didn't go anywhere with the two and it seemed like we got stuck with the your typical frustrating anime situation where the status quo remains and anything even slightly romantic would cause death from nosebleed.
Very dissatisfying.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
NTADAug 2, 2015 2:01 PM
Mar 9, 2013 9:27 AM

Oct 2010
tsudecimo said:
NHK ni Youkoso!

The MC the takes the word pathetic to a new level and i didn't get why he would get better then worse and so on and they focused on the other side character dumb stories more than the MC relationship with misaki and didn't even made their relationship clear by the end even though he said he loved her and what not.

Plus that senpai character truly deserve hate i absolutely despise her she is truly a terrible human being.

What i wanted from the series :

Vurtox said:
I would have loved to seem them further exploring the psychologically coherent and smart approach of two psychically wounded people healing each other through social interaction and an affectionate relationship. However, they completely dropped the idea somewhere in the middle of the series.
Instead we got to see other crazy people and their problems while Misaki turned slowly into a side character. Satou who was head over heels suddenly treated her indifferent and in the last few episodes (espeically on new years eve) behaved like a total prick. At the end they didn't go anywhere with the two and it seemed like we got stuck with the your typical frustrating anime situation where the status quo remains and anything even slightly romantic would cause death from nosebleed.
Very dissatisfying.

Edit: To put the spoiler tags.

NTADAug 2, 2015 2:03 PM
Mar 9, 2013 10:05 AM

Dec 2012
jal90 said:

NTADAug 2, 2015 2:08 PM
Mar 9, 2013 10:21 AM

Sep 2010
Ryekeel said:
Togainu no Chi.

Hands down the worst piece of horse dung anime I've seen to date.

I have no idea what A1-pictures was thinking when they decided to adapt a yaoi VN and left it all out. Hell not even a kissing or groping scene. Da faq what was the point? Plus shitty animation and don't even get me started on episode 12 they probably only had like $1 left in animation budget for that episode well the whole anime. I only stuck around for Keisuke cause my cute male yandere obsession.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 9, 2013 2:29 PM

Dec 2012
Fossa said:
I kind of regret completing Toradora becouse it isin't as good as the first time when you watch it once more.Still waiting for a memory eraser to be invented.
Other than that there is ofcourse school days.

I agree, especially if I could erase a memory like in the Regular Show episode "Brain Eraser".
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 6 hours ago

29 by WatchTillTandava »»
22 seconds ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

33 by Tropisch »»
55 seconds ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 8 hours ago

11 by DarkShame2 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 7 hours ago

32 by Dauphine »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 9 hours ago

20 by Dauphine »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.