Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2013 12:30 PM

Dec 2012
I wonder what will happen in the next episode... I have a feeling that the typical love triangle will crop up, since it's new years eve and all :p
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 8, 2013 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
GUMitive said:
Naxrrhid said:
I didn't think this anime could get any worse..., but Sorata just had to prove me wrong. The irritation factor for this episode was off the charts. It really seems this anime is following the 4th pattern, ie. every 4th episode will be a great one and in-between we get irritating shit. So 2 more shit episodes to come then we will get a good one.

At this point, I'm only continuing cuz I have come too far to turn back now. So I will see it thru to the end. Setting expectations to the lowest from this point onwards and I'm almost positive I will still be disappointed. Oh well, not every anime can be a Chu2.....

Happy to see there is more people that thinks the same as me about this show. You wrote what i was thinking. :)

I'm pretty sure there are alot more than me who feel the same, I'm just vocal about it is all, lol.

Analog_Kid said:
(opening has more spoilers than a Fairy Tale opening)

I laughed so hard at this. I thought I was the only one who thought so.
Jan 8, 2013 12:36 PM

Nov 2012
Things are about to get more serious which a good thing in my book!
Jan 8, 2013 12:39 PM

Jul 2012
This show gets better and better. Damn JC Staff you know what you are doing!
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 8, 2013 12:50 PM

Jul 2009
awww... Sorata no BAKA!! ....
Jan 8, 2013 1:09 PM

Oct 2012
Naxrrhid said:
I didn't think this anime could get any worse..., but Sorata just had to prove me wrong. The irritation factor for this episode was off the charts. It really seems this anime is following the 4th pattern, ie. every 4th episode will be a great one and in-between we get irritating shit. So 2 more shit episodes to come then we will get a good one.

At this point, I'm only continuing cuz I have come too far to turn back now. So I will see it thru to the end. Setting expectations to the lowest from this point onwards and I'm almost positive I will still be disappointed. Oh well, not every anime can be a Chu2.....
I wish I could agree with you. Maybe it's cause I feel this show gets me thinking about things quite often. Oh well. Everyone has their own preferences.
AnimeHAwk616Jan 8, 2013 1:13 PM
Jan 8, 2013 1:22 PM

Jun 2010
Naxrrhid said:

You're somewhat right but the Anime is not really that bad as you are saying.
Jan 8, 2013 1:34 PM

Sep 2011
Ah, that epic Nyaboron music.
Jan 8, 2013 1:47 PM

Jul 2012
Damn Sorata, why is he so dense and shouted at Shina? And it's second time he does that.
Jan 8, 2013 2:07 PM

Apr 2011
Great episode like always. This is just the perfect comedy and romantic Anime in my opinion.
I feel bad for Shiina at the end, with her being sad...but on the other hand, Aoyama was happy, and I prefer her a bit over Shiina.
I suppose there will be a happy Shiina end, but I wish that it'll be different.
5/5
9/10
Jan 8, 2013 2:12 PM
May 2012
GUMitive said:
Naxrrhid said:

Happy to see there is more people that thinks the same as me about this show. You wrote what i was thinking. :)

i pretty much what i am thinking as well, it just deteriorates episode by episode, i kinda lost interest in this anime by now...
Jan 8, 2013 2:14 PM

Oct 2012
i want shiina and sorata... but still good episode
Jan 8, 2013 2:18 PM

Dec 2008
am i only one who didn't like the new OP.. i feel it out of place.. lol.. new ED looks good, but still i like 1st OP/ED more...

sorata action, though like other said is jerk and dense, i can feel why he act like that... its just frustated when your hope get high then got crushed right away... and mashiro just got bad timing.. always got bad timing... she is first person who greet sorata after he receive his crushed hope.. and not just once.. twice!!! mashiro talent just worsen it, really worsen it...

and about christmas eve, maybe he still go with nanami, but with a face full of regret, then nanami suggest he should go to where mashiro is.. (poor nanami, always supporting her love rival...)
one more thing, if not and he break his promise to nanami. i will rage at you sorata..

anyway good start for new arc.. still solid 5/5 from me..

Jan 8, 2013 2:29 PM

Dec 2010
Raphow said:
GUMitive said:
Naxrrhid said:

i pretty much what i am thinking as well, it just deteriorates episode by episode, i kinda lost interest in this anime by now...

Well then suffer through it or drop it, either way you are the minority.
Jan 8, 2013 2:32 PM

May 2009
Sorata no Baka!
Jan 8, 2013 2:41 PM

Jan 2012
3 episode rule. If Sorata doesn't stop being a bucket of urine, I'm dropping this.
Jan 8, 2013 2:46 PM

Sep 2012
DAMMIT SORATA, WHY YOU GOTTA YELL AT POOR LIL SHINA LIKE THAT.
Jan 8, 2013 2:47 PM

Sep 2011
Casperkid15 said:
sorata no baka :(

He is stupid gosh why just tell me why would you yell at shiina. All she is trying to do is get him to fall for her. Its not her fault that he sucks at making video games.
Jan 8, 2013 2:48 PM

Aug 2011
Damn Sorata why u so dumb and mean too. It was nice to see Aoyama getting her way though. Sorata better not fuck that up but it would be entertaining if he did.
Jan 8, 2013 2:52 PM

Jun 2010
Sorata became worse. Well, should expect that.
Jan 8, 2013 2:59 PM
Oct 2010
hurthades said:
Casperkid15 said:
sorata no baka :(
He is stupid gosh why just tell me why would you yell at shiina. All she is trying to do is get him to fall for her. Its not her fault that he sucks at making video games.
Even if he's being dull about her feelings for him, she's still simply trying to live a normal girl's life. It's like he wants her to be a drawing machine and nothing else...

And then he went and accepted Nanami's invitation when he seems to be aware of his own feelings for Mashiro. He is making a big disservice to both of them. Ignoring the girl he loves and dating someone else, did he decide to emulate Jin's worst quality?

The jerk doesn't deserve either of the girls. /rant
testyal1 said:
3 episode rule. If Sorata doesn't stop being a bucket of urine, I'm dropping this.
LOL, nice analogy. Watching his actions did metaphorically feel like getting splashed with a bucket of piss.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 8, 2013 3:04 PM

Oct 2012
Despite thinking sorata was kind of a dick to Shiina, it still makes me amazed at his character. It's irritating on the outside, yet on the inside, it's a deep ocean. Okay, maybe not that deep, but still. Sorata had no hesitation saying he preferred the old Shiina, which was surprising. I actually thought he wouldn't answer that question. It made me think about how Sorata looked at Shiina with amazement before. He wanted to be like Shiina. Work as hard as her, and achieve what they set out to do. Right now, sorata is having no luck with that, and failed pretty much every single time, while Shiina was on a roll. Especially since sorata thought he made progress, but fell HARD. Now sorata is feeling that mashiro isn't the same as she was before, and isn't the same as the one he admired. It's like she isn't taking her manga seriously anymore. so failing again, and seeing her get side tracked probably made him feel discouraged, considering he thinks she has the potential to achieve what he is struggling greatly in, and he's feeling she's not taking this opportunity, especially after Rita came, and showed how some of shiina's talent has already somewhat gone to waste. He probably also felt somewhat jealous, seeing she could get side tracked, and still make more progress than him. Also considering she's a genius, and editor's remark on how she could lose that genius sight, it's tough living with a genius. All this change is probably driving sorata crazy. I really feel moved by his consistent character, and shiina's development. i think people are exagerating a bit when it comes to this episode, but meh..Also, aoyama is taking matters into her own hands, but sorata is too dense, and I feel more and more sorry for Aoyama each episode. I would break down if sorata ditched her, considering what she has to go through already. I'm starting to like her character even more
AnimeHAwk616Jan 8, 2013 6:28 PM
Jan 8, 2013 3:57 PM
Nov 2012
AHhhhh This Sorata... How can someone be so naiiiveee! Cmonnnn Shina just confessed and Sorata didnt even respond to it.
Jan 8, 2013 4:02 PM

Dec 2010
hydroscarlet said:
AHhhhh This Sorata... How can someone be so naiiiveee! Cmonnnn Shina just confessed and Sorata didnt even respond to it.

We don't even know if he heard the confession...the plane flew over remember? Not to mention that dream is all we got afterwards with his thoughts on it.
Jan 8, 2013 4:04 PM

Feb 2012
Sorata saying he likes the old Shiina better is quite amazing in my opinion. It kinda shows what he thinks of her and to me, it looks like he looks up to her more than anything else which i found pretty shocking. Loved this episode though, even if Sorata took out his anger on Shiina, im not mad at him doing that really though, he was just frustrated that his game got rejected again and Shiina was unfortunately at the wrong place at the wrong time. In my opinion, Sorata is DEFINITELY one of the best main characters out there because on how he acts, he is not perfectly nice, he gets angry and frustrated which makes him well rounded. Im very impressed with him as a character. Dont worry though, once you fall, you just get up. Sorata will get up stronger and better than he usually is.

Short version, Sorata amazes me as a character and i loved how he was shown off in this episode. Cannot wait until next week :D Oh yeah, i like the original OP and ED better, but i still love this OP and ED. this might be the first anime with 2 OPs and EDs that i really like :3
Jan 8, 2013 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
sorata is kind of idiot...

Jan 8, 2013 4:13 PM
Jan 2013
Man as soon as i saw Sorata having to promise Nanami for that Christmas date i was like "OH SHIT, that's a red flag" i got a feeling he is going to ditch her or something to be with Shiina T_T
Jan 8, 2013 4:26 PM

Sep 2012
The cooking part was really boring, but what annoyed me the most was obviously Sorata's behaviour. I'm really getting tired of all those stupid shit writers keep doing to slow down the relationship. Sorata was as dense as many harem lead during this episode, that's not even funny. I can already see the backlash of that stupid promise he made to Aoyama.
Jan 8, 2013 4:32 PM
Dec 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Though that doesn't justify the fact he was a jerk,.

Give the devil his due. I don't think he was a jerk. He cares for her, which is why he scolded her like parents did their children. Parents, who failed as children, sometimes scold their children to not take wrong paths. He is not her parent, yet he has been a kind of her caretaker at Sakurasou. Also, as Noriko said to Touko in Mariasama ga Miteru, a true friend has to say harsh things according to circumstances if s/he really cares for his/her friends.
Jan 8, 2013 4:45 PM

Jul 2009
...here we go again.
what is the director thinking using the same lashing out trick again. is he trying to make us hate the MC? lol
Jan 8, 2013 4:47 PM

Oct 2009
/hug Mashiro
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2013 4:50 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
-1 Sorata for how he's treating Shiina

-1 Sorata for how he's treating Nanami

-1 for another show where the girls (including Misaki) are after guys who don't deserve them.

Lost a lot of ground this episode
Jan 8, 2013 4:51 PM
Nov 2012
Slicer22 said:

He may leave Nanami alone for Shiina next episode and break his promise but that is a little like when in Toradora Ryuuji decided not to wait about for Minori at the chiristmas party and go be with Taiga, though he did try to make it back for Minori but he went to who he thought needed him (and as we all know he loved) and that was a great part of Toradora with Ryuuji climbing through the window in the santa bear costume and making Taiga happy. Also Taiga realised how much she loves Ryuuji after she convinces him to leave and try and meet Minori, Taiga then runs out trying to catch him only to realise hes gone and she crys. It will be the same probably next episode Sorata going to the one who really needs him and of course deep down somewhere inside he know he loves and the one who is most important to him.

I finished watching Toradora! a few days ago. That scene was so beautifully awesome
Jan 8, 2013 4:51 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty good episode.

I have a feeling Sorata is going to break his promise with Aoyama to be with Shiina. That's pretty cliche though. I hope this anime can surprise me.
Jan 8, 2013 4:55 PM

Oct 2011
He likes the old Shiina better because she was making manga. even staying up late at night to improve her work instead of any other things like cooking and what not. She has a definite goal - to become an artist, unlike him who is still starting out on his goal, and even failing. So when he saw her trying to cook, he didn't like it because that would mean to him that she's no longer focusing on her ambition to be an artist. He's envious of her

I crie everytiem
Jan 8, 2013 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
I'm kinda interesstet whats going to happen next. I reeeeealy want to know who he is gonna go for !
Jan 8, 2013 5:05 PM

Dec 2010
Iasuru said:
He likes the old Shiina better because she was making manga. even staying up late at night to improve her work instead of any other things like cooking and what not. She has a definite goal - to become an artist, unlike him who is still starting out on his goal, and even failing. So when he saw her trying to cook, he didn't like it because that would mean to him that she's no longer focusing on her ambition to be an artist. He's envious of her

Wish more people got this, i already said what i think of his snapping at the end but prior to it i think this is exactly why he prefers the old Shiina, he never heard her "confession" due to the plane (at least i don't think he did), so he views her like he always did, and if you don't add romance to the equation its only natural that he doesn't prefer her change, he sees it as she is slacking on her goal when he is failing to meet his, he is jealous of her and feels she is wasting her chance, a chance he is struggling to ever get. Jealousy isn't meant to look nice, but its entirely believable, given the circumstances.
Jan 8, 2013 5:12 PM

Jun 2012
Ragna92 said:
Pretty good episode.

I have a feeling Sorata is going to break his promise with Aoyama to be with Shiina. That's pretty cliche though. I hope this anime can surprise me.

Why is this cliche? It would be my first time seeing this. Maybe I don't know enough animes. Where does this also happen?
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Jan 8, 2013 5:38 PM
Jul 2012
Pretty good episode.
Liked the new op and Ed. Will try to keep listen to it evenn more.
I quite aggred with Sorta wanting Shina to not cook. Tbh even for her smar abilties she may burn the house down.
Christnas eve play. Meh don't care.
Lol Jin throw up by that cake.
5/5
LegendGoldDarkJan 8, 2013 5:42 PM
Jan 8, 2013 5:50 PM

Sep 2011
Kyube said:
Ragna92 said:
Pretty good episode.

Why is this cliche? It would be my first time seeing this. Maybe I don't know enough animes. Where does this also happen?

This happens in like almost every romance anime ever. The MC becomes a block head. Makes a promise with another girl that he doesn't even like. Screws everything up when he breaks that promise to go with the girl he love/likes. Then its like a episode to two episode conflict about love or something on the lines of that.
Jan 8, 2013 5:53 PM

Dec 2011
Well... It was a slow start for the seccond half.
The fanservice was ok.
The pace was SO slow
And the OP/ED are not as good as the previous ones....

We'll see what happens un cristmas
Jan 8, 2013 6:04 PM

Oct 2012
eminagnam said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Though that doesn't justify the fact he was a jerk,.

Give the devil his due. I don't think he was a jerk. He cares for her, which is why he scolded her like parents did their children. Parents, who failed as children, sometimes scold their children to not take wrong paths. He is not her parent, yet he has been a kind of her caretaker at Sakurasou. Also, as Noriko said to Touko in Mariasama ga Miteru, a true friend has to say harsh things according to circumstances if s/he really cares for his/her friends.
I meant his actions, I didn't actually mean he was a jerk. Damn it, wrong typing again.
Jan 8, 2013 6:10 PM

Jul 2012
Well, what now? Will sorata keep his promise? I hope he apologizes from Shiina.

God damn i hate you Sorata. You're an ass.(and fool off course)
Jan 8, 2013 6:14 PM

Oct 2011
Poor Shiina, I'm a lil annoyed at Sorata being a jerk right now, but still, I can understand his frustration, living in a place full of geniuses actually makes one feel under a lot of pressure,

If I were in his shoes, I'd probably act like that, too. Get snapped and vent out my anger at sb. else for no reason. I know it's completely our fault. Anyway, I wonder if Sorata will realize the mistake he made and fix it ( probably would).
Signature
Jan 8, 2013 6:25 PM

Dec 2012
amginex said:
we have not seen Mashiro jealous yet

Correction: We haven't seen enough emotional responses as strong as the ones from the last two episodes.

That being said, I am excited!

And for those hating on our poor protagonist, remember Kimi Ni Todoke! At the moment, I'm 99% sure he can't see himself as Mashiro's lover because he either hasn't thought about it or doesn't feel he can put himself next to Mashiro due to their ability difference.

In either case, I'm 100% sure our poor rival girl is going to be disappointed come Christmas, but, hopefully, she understands the undeniable connection between the two. Mashiro, go for your happy ending! And more smiling!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2013 6:33 PM

Feb 2012
Not-so-bad ep. Dunno why but I'm starting not to enjoy this... I hope it's just this ep.

New OP/ED song is nice, but the visuals don't fit it... especially the OP~
Jan 8, 2013 7:32 PM

May 2012
i have a strange feeling that i wont like the last half of this show and it saddens me :(

Jan 8, 2013 8:18 PM

Sep 2012

You people are pissing me the fuck off. Why don't you think about Sorata's emotions, and put yourself in his place? If you can't see where he's coming from, and why he is frustrated, you haven't been paying attention to the show.

Yea, Shiina's cute. But please think with your head, instead of your dick.
Jan 8, 2013 8:37 PM

Sep 2011
I don't get these people getting bothered about Sorata yelled at Mashiro. I understand what he feels on that scene. Anyway, this episode is okay for me. I prefer the 1st OP and ED more than the 2nd OP and ED.

Jan 8, 2013 9:10 PM

Dec 2011
Shih said:
Sorata breaking Shiina. Well, it's not completely not understandable. He wants that Shiina who totally relies on him. I don't think Sorata viewed Shiina as a potential girlfriend before. Now Shiina feels like she is growing up, it is giving him this mix feeling which worries him(?)

I think it irritates him that a talent like Shiina would slack off for something silly, not suited for her like cooking while he failed and failed and failed no matter how hard he tried.
I know that feeling well....
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.