Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jan 18, 2013 2:14 PM

Sep 2011
not bad I'll keep watching ^=^
Jan 24, 2013 9:18 AM

Jan 2011
Well this was better than I expected, I love the OP and the art, and the story itself is executed in a rather interesting manner. This looks very promising, I hope it'll deliver.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 25, 2013 8:08 AM
Jan 27, 2013 12:30 AM

Jan 2010
I don't really like this kind of anime so I don't really have high expectation, and after watching this, as expected I don't find anything good enough to make me keep watching.... I love the art style though especially the eyes. So beautiful.

About the characters.... I dislike character like Shin. The heroine too. She is too bland just like Felicita (Arcana Famiglia). Well yeah she is amnesia but....
Jan 28, 2013 6:19 AM

Mar 2008
Esmie said:
well this is very good
i like the songs they use and i also like their voices
so i'm happy

by the way is there a manga about this?

Yay! It's quite nice to have people who like the first episode. :)
If I haven't played the game, then I might have agreed with the others.
Amnesia has a slooooow start. I think it is still worth watching though. >w<

There is no manga for this, just a visual novel for PSP with the same title. x3

Feb 3, 2013 10:06 PM

Sep 2012
Looking forward to this anime ^_^
Love the eye design, and the characters <3
Feb 6, 2013 7:48 PM

Feb 2013
I like Romantic Harem Shoujo.. ^^
and i got this anime for 1 of my reccomendation (appearantly becuz it similliar to La corda, Harutoki and Angelique which already in my list)

i'm gonna try to watch it then.. :3
Feb 13, 2013 8:18 AM

Apr 2012
I like the OP, but the "heroine" is just waaaay to soft-spoken and plain for my liking. I wonder if we'll ever see an actual emotional expression on her face.

That being said, I really like the way they did their eyes, so I might keep watching just for that.
Feb 18, 2013 6:38 PM

Jul 2012
She is too bland just like Felicita (Arcana Famiglia).

Heroine is worse compared to Fel. LOL At least Fel can fight.
Mar 1, 2013 9:40 PM
Aug 2010
So how haremy is this show? Is it just me or does it seem like visual novels geared towards girls are so much more shitty than those geared towards guys? I mean guy visual novels have their fair share of of shameless harem crap too those seem to be dying nowadays, is it just because the industry is just much bigger and older? Girls like Clannad right? Why don't they make more visual novels like Clannad then?

Anyways, how does this compare to other shoujo harems? Is it like Fushigi Yuugi? I love Fushigi Yuugi. Also, unlike most people seemly, I love soft-spoken heroines too, as long she doesn't stand around doing nothing (though definitions of "nothing" may differ).
Mar 21, 2013 1:41 PM

Dec 2012
I think i"m going to drop this one if the female protagonist keeps on acting all dumb and passive like she did during this entire episode.
No one keeps their mouth shut if they realize they had amnesia, if i were her i'd be raging and bombarding people with questions not keeping quites and agreeing to everything all the time.

Not exactly what I was expecting..I was all excited at first, I even tried waiting till it was all out so I could watch it all at once but then I couldn't wait so I watched this first episode and frankly i didn't expect the heroine to be this...this annoying.

The other characters didn't disappoint though.. Hope it gets better
Insert wise quote here
Apr 8, 2013 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
I really like the art design and the opening
Jul 7, 2013 1:37 PM

May 2012
Hmm not a bad start, concept of amnesia is pretty decently formed, the additional supernatural character makes it also quite interesting. The art style is also something and I do like how the eyes were made! Well lets see what this anime has to offer!
Jul 10, 2013 2:45 AM

Jan 2008
I so far dont mind this anime i dont love it nor do i hate it i am not fond of the way she talks though but i can get past that though. going to watch the next one either after i get up or in an hour not sure
Jul 11, 2013 7:17 AM

Apr 2010
Hmmm I really like the opening theme and the girl, already. It's something new for me to like the girl in the series with all the attention she's getting.

Personally I think she's adorable.

Another thing I liked so far is the eye design, it's gorgeous. I believe I'll keep watching this.
Oct 1, 2013 10:17 AM
Aug 2012
i like it. ken is pretty funny
Nov 23, 2013 5:43 AM

Jan 2012
annoying flying thingy

slow as fuck plot

wtf is that blonde dude with glasses wearing?

decent art though...
Dec 18, 2013 11:58 AM

Aug 2007
I watched this first episode before realizing this was a visual novel game o.o;

I guess I'll have to look into the game, then!

Dec 28, 2013 11:31 PM

Jan 2013
I absolutely love the eyes. It's so different from anything else I've seen. I'm not sure how I'll enjoy this anime but it's only a couple episodes long so I won't mind I don't think.
Mar 19, 2014 9:51 AM

Feb 2014
i like the OP song and i actually liked the idea about the anime though for some parts i feel like the video stopped for loading because they had a long time standing there not doing anything for summary i can say it was kinda boring : p

but THEIR EYES *_*

Jul 2, 2014 9:36 AM

Jan 2010
Just started watching and the main girl is driving me CRAZY. TOO shy and quiet.
What I noticed: almost every shoujo manga/anime has a moment where the lead girl cuts herself with a glass/knife (mainly glass) and a hot guy helps her to treat to the injury.
Denerwować się to mścić się na własnym zdrowiu za głupotę innych.
Nov 30, 2014 4:59 PM

Apr 2014
stupid outfits are stupid.

May 31, 2015 6:57 PM

Jul 2013
Wow the opening song is so good :o

I like the character design, everything so colourful, especially the eyes. I'm curious what happened to her and how this will go on. At the moment it's a little bit confusing where all these people are, but it's interesting. So I'm looking forward.
Natsu88May 31, 2015 7:03 PM

Sep 11, 2015 2:12 PM

Dec 2009
That opening song makes me go kya ~
Dec 4, 2015 11:36 AM

May 2014
Well, it was certainly... mysterious. The guys are awesome, of course, but the heroine is just like a ghost.
Jun 28, 2016 2:26 PM

Mar 2010
Yeah, the VN vibes were strong. I don't have much to say at this point, not yet, but I'm annoyed by the 'logical' guy. Why do people feel the need to portray smart characters like that? That's not like humans act. Also, the heroine is underwhelming.
Feb 17, 2017 6:40 PM

May 2013
Hm. First ep was okay... I guess I have to get used to reverse harem anime having a weak and timid speaking heroine .-. It's typical in most of these series, it would seem. Which isn't all that appealing tbh but whuttevs~
Dec 20, 2019 3:55 AM

Mar 2010
Lol I was confused even when I played the visual novel. Really was trying to figure out which route she was on

Mar 5, 2021 11:04 PM

Jan 2021
The eyes are beautiful! So gorgeous they're drawing me in....

So far I am inclined to like the blonde guys the most! The childhood friend is so sweet and I like the smart blonde guy too, if only he didn't have 100 buckles on his jacket he looks so emo...

At this point though my initial impression is that she will end up with someone like the silver-haired guy :c
Sep 29, 2021 3:30 AM
Sep 2021
An Okay episode. Didn't made me wanna stop,but didnt made me wanna continue either. The boys are not my style and the girl is annoying. Hope it will get better tho.

3/5
Sep 19, 2022 3:16 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
RH_fan said:
MESSAGE TO ALL HATERS ONLY!
BY AN OTAKU
Hey! Ive played the game here! and all haters please get a life! stay on your own category! and the heroine has an amnesia for peet sake! and the animation is good enough and its episode 1 -_- what did you expect? and there is a possibility that she get a split ending or a harem ending with all the boys romantically because the cage scene with toma only happens on his route, and you know what! Ive been waiting for someone to stand up for this anime from the unbelievable haters, Im not being over affected but this guys doesn't even know almost a thing! and the one you should be judging are the ECCHI HAREM that has tons of animes every effing season! and UtaPri is also mostly failed my expectations but this different! and this isnt something for you to test until episode 3! DUDES im telling you that this reverse harem is VERY RARE for all bishies to like the heroine, mostly they end up friends or just one guy who falls for her and dont worry she'll talk faster as the the time moves on everybody and saying something as insensitive like "HATE" doesn't feel that good to our ears especially mines even more that I LOVE REVERSE HAREMS and SORRY if it doesn't fit your stinkin image but this is a NOVEL not a dance show! and you didnt even get to know them and the anime then STRAIGHT TO BOREDOM? and whats worth hating is your attitude for this anime and you know what there are tons of little boys and girls like HAREM for you to watch cauz ur wasting your time insulting! and back to u! cauz u my friend have shitty comment too! and without Orion the herione will be 10x annoying so thank him! and as I said this anime is different and this time it does have QUALITY! and I know reverse harem is hopeless and almost bad reputation but EXPECT THE NOT EXPECTED! and having the AMNESIA is particulary not an excuse because there wont be a otome game title "AMNESIA" if there isnt one happening ladies! and BTW i would've have broken the reply button if the OP and ED was bad and you have no idea who the CRAZY STALKER is! He is very special in this anime my friend so.......... stop calling him that... becasue his life was a living tragedy :( , and you also have an unforgivably bad attitude there my friend! and its anime and im so tired saying these but they are not hideous design, thats what they look like ever since the whole game started!! and my boy/ dear if you search the Amnesia website, Ill see if you have anything else to say about their clothes which is particularly NORMAL SINCE THATS THEIR ORIGINAL CLOTHING! and their ANIME!!!! DO I NEED TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YAH? YOU CANT EXPECT THEM TO BE MORE BORING WITH BLACK HAIR! and fyi shoujo is better than stinkin ecchi aniumes but their also sometimes annoying :P
Note: IM SORRY FOR THE BRUTAL STUFF I SAID BUT THERE PEOPLE WHO JUST REALLY LIKES THIS KIND OF ANIMES EVEN THOUGH HOW HATEFUL AND ANNOYING THEY CAN BE BUT I JUST REALLY NEED TO STAND UP FOR THIS ONE BECAUSE I MIGHT BE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOW MOST OF THE THINGS THAT WILL HAPPEN HERE

So as for someone who comes from the VN aswell.

She has Amnesia but compared to the VN feeling I had she was rather annoying lol But yeah I guess one could understand the feeling overhelmed and not knowing what to do n stuff. I really hope the cage stuff won't take big part of anything since it was a super red flag and I already thought the good ending on his route was a punch to the face to every person who was in similiar situations. I guess they will go for the true ending of the game and mix up different routes, even though I am not sure HOW they gonna mix it up. I hope in some rewind and not just rly everything together in 1 route bcs that would suck.

First episode was rather meh. I am still not sure wich route exactly this is I have a guess though. Still since its not following the VN by script I take it as it is. But overall I wasn't hanging there but felt rather "bored". I hoped for something more to happen since we have 5 routes and 12 episodes. That means every route should cover more or less 2 episodes but here nothing did happen at all in 24 mins.

Yes the crazy stalker has a meaning and who played the VN knows it but let's be real. He can also be a crazy stalker. In part HE IS a crazy stalker. You can't even describe it differently. The point is he is not only a crazy stalker but has some sort of meaning for being there.

I kinda had my questions about the clothing in the novel and here it's no difference. It's not an super hate it's more of any WHY feeling. One can like it, one can dislike it. It's taste.

So yeah overall I get where you wanted to go but on the other hand I think everyone should be free to express their opinions as well. Some of the stuff you pointed out can be seen as trouth and other is taste like.

As for me, I have no idea how they gonna bring up everything that did happen in the VN and I hope I won't end up disappointed once again by an adapption. It will already be pain enough to deal with Toma.

Dec 2, 2023 5:55 PM

Aug 2022
Replaying the game for the third time in the past five years, thanks to my boyfriend who gifted me a Switch for my birthday. Now, I can finally delve into the fandisc and the continuation of the story, especially since I've been studying Japanese. This seemed like the perfect time to also start watching the anime, so here I am!

First things first, out of all the anime I've seen since joining MAL, this one boasts the best and most catchy opening! Absolutely love it!

As for the first episode, it deviated significantly from the game, as expected. Given its otome nature, they had to consolidate all routes into one cohesive narrative. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it. I get why those unfamiliar with the game might find the premise confusing, but it seems intentional to mirror the main character's confusion. The perplexing story adds depth, allowing viewers to empathize with the main character.

The story was introduced in an intriguing way, and I'm a fan of the characters' designs. Glad they retained the gradient-colored eyes! Admittedly, I pictured Orion much smaller based on the game, making him even cuter!

I don't comprehend the criticism towards the main character's voice. She's lost all her memories; that's the crux of it, so naturally, she sounds bland. Duh!? Overall, the show holds promise, and I'm definitely adding that opening to my playlist now! 😆
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2013

163 by RioAl »»
Apr 19, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2013

207 by Ailastara »»
Feb 20, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2013

131 by _Shara_ »»
Jan 8, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 11, 2013

116 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 21, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2013

98 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.