Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2013 5:27 PM

Feb 2012
I'm just laughing at all this comments, it really effing bugs me how people just judge an entire anime from the first episode.
I was looking forward for this adaptation, but this wasn't quite the start I had imagined. But I still liked it, I'm sure it will get better.
Also, the thing with her contacts, it will be explained ;)

Give it a try.
Jan 8, 2013 5:39 PM

Jun 2010
Another complicated first episode.

Will continue watching it even though it reeks of shoujo-ness.

Oh by the way that's a maid-cafe right? Those guys. Costume level: Shinigami.
Jan 8, 2013 5:50 PM

Aug 2011
ShikaC00kiemon said:
I'm just laughing at all this comments, it really effing bugs me how people just judge an entire anime from the first episode.
I was looking forward for this adaptation, but this wasn't quite the start I had imagined. But I still liked it, I'm sure it will get better.
Also, the thing with her contacts, it will be explained ;)

Give it a try.

This. It's so ridiculous. XD

Okay, I get it. Previous otoge adaptations weren't great. But were their studios reliable? (Deen, J.C. Staff (I have nothing against JC, but they animated AF horribly))

This is Brain's Base.

Come on.

Give it a try.
Jan 8, 2013 5:52 PM

Sep 2011
Not a bad start. Amnesia is a bad thing to suffer from.

Pretty funny, the last show I saw Igarashi Hiromi in was Papakiki, thus I somehow ended up picturing Orion as Hina, even though she sounds completely different here.
Jan 8, 2013 6:10 PM

May 2010
The eyes are so pretty. *_*

Nice cliffhanger imo, will keep watching, not too bad so far. :D
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jan 8, 2013 7:04 PM

Mar 2012
Not sure how I feel about the first episode.

Wasn't good, wasn't bad. It doesn't seem too bad considering it's a first-person perspective from someone who has amnesia.
Jan 8, 2013 7:28 PM

Apr 2010
Am i the only one who dislikes how the guys are dressed up =_=!!
Jan 8, 2013 7:54 PM
Aug 2012
Miyaa said:

I don't really dislike how they are dressed,but I also am not a fan of how they are dressed either. I kinda in the middle. But, I do think that how they are dressed definitely matches the colors of the anime very well.
Jan 8, 2013 8:20 PM

Aug 2008
I was really looking forward to Shin and Kent in this show but the moment I saw Waka... I think he will be my favorite in this show!! XD

I love everything in this episode well except for the heroine's... Voice? But I think I need to understand that because she has amnesia. >__>

...still waiting for the time they will actually call her name. I mean can they really call her "You" the whole 12 episodes? O___o
midori-tenshi03Jan 8, 2013 8:39 PM
Jan 8, 2013 8:38 PM

Dec 2009
I usually like different eye-styles, but this one definitely doesn't appeal me.
Jan 8, 2013 9:11 PM

Aug 2011
Miyaa said:

Nah...I had a good chuckle with a roll of my eyes every time one of the bishies made the scene. I thought one was wearing a wash rag around his waist...he was hot but his attire, not! ;p Then, I was gawking at the eyes...matching colors yet different but not sure I'm into them yet...voices are sexy though but amnesia girl needs a kick in the pants to get it going or she may well be fired from her Meido job and who knows what else.
Orion is an interesting creature...let's see what this one unravels as it goes along.
Jan 8, 2013 9:28 PM
Jul 2012
The story is so mysterious, maybe a tad bit on the confusing side. Still, is going to be enjoyable, I'm not the guy to just stop watching a romance.
Jan 8, 2013 9:29 PM
Jul 2012
midori-tenshi03 said:
I was really looking forward to Shin and Kent in this show but the moment I saw Waka... I think he will be my favorite in this show!! XD

I love everything in this episode well except for the heroine's... Voice? But I think I need to understand that because she has amnesia. >__>

...still waiting for the time they will actually call her name. I mean can they really call her "You" the whole 12 episodes? O___o

Well, I can just keep talking to people, and completely dodge even going by their actual name... so I think that is possible.
Jan 8, 2013 9:31 PM

Jul 2010
Interesting reverse harem.... at least it's not like Hiiro no Kakera haha XD
Jan 8, 2013 9:54 PM
Aug 2012
My Shoujo meter is off the fucking chart.
Jan 8, 2013 9:55 PM

Feb 2012
Lots of comments on the eyes, but how about that gradient-highlighted hair?
Jan 8, 2013 10:03 PM

Mar 2010
I thought it was an okay episode. It wasn't the strongest premise, but the character designs are beautiful (whoever she doesn't want, I will gladly take home with me, woah).

I'll keep my eye on it for now.
Jan 8, 2013 10:18 PM

Jul 2011
yay a Reverse Harem anime!! :D

Anyways now to the story, I am as confused as the girl with amnesia.
Buuuut the characters seem interesting, and I am curious as to why she keeps fainting and her past.
The 4 male characters are all pretty hot, yup. I like the design, and specially the eyes.
They are all different from each other and would like to get to know them better.
Or for the girl to get to know (errr...remember) them better.
I don't even know her name...did they mention it??

So yea, looking forward next episode!
Jan 8, 2013 11:26 PM
Sep 2010
I'm getting serious 'Ash coma theory' vibes from this.
Jan 8, 2013 11:40 PM

Jan 2013
Shounen-Ai is a real immersion breaker. It's like oh I can relate to... who are you?
Jan 8, 2013 11:54 PM

Dec 2012
i was really looking forward to this anime and i'm not disappointed. mostly because you can't judge an anime by its first episode, but also because i already really like the colors (especially the eyes, wow), the clothes, the male characters and the music. not sure what to think about the girl yet, but we'll see.

i really liked it and it looks promising :)
Jan 9, 2013 12:42 AM

Oct 2012
I didnt understand it at the beginning but its interesting so ill keep watching and hope for more romance...
Life is basically like a soap bubble.It rides on the wind, flying here and there…And before you realize it, pop! It’s gone. When it’s about to disappear, you think that you could’ve flown a bit higher. But by the time, it’s already too late.

-Sakata Gintoki (Gintama)
Jan 9, 2013 1:11 AM

May 2011
Somehow i can hear Katsura on that Megane guy(kent)
and imagining him saying "zura janai katsura da"
Jan 9, 2013 2:05 AM

Jul 2009
Garbage.
Jan 9, 2013 2:40 AM

Oct 2011
Lets hope with time she gains some personality (I have faith lol)

She obviously doesn't have much of one at the moment, due to the fact she can't remember who she is.

I say "let's hope" because a lot of female characters are simply cute & empty shells.

The flash back of the burning building and the "you broke your promise" bit makes me think she has a dark past however, which I like.

I really love the flash back factor; brief and intense.

The male characters, the music and the art, are very colorful. (literally and hypothetically)
MixieMoonJan 9, 2013 3:10 AM
Jan 9, 2013 3:17 AM
Jan 2013
MESSAGE TO ALL HATERS ONLY!
BY AN OTAKU
Hey! Ive played the game here! and all haters please get a life! stay on your own category! and the heroine has an amnesia for peet sake! and the animation is good enough and its episode 1 -_- what did you expect? and there is a possibility that she get a split ending or a harem ending with all the boys romantically because the cage scene with toma only happens on his route, and you know what! Ive been waiting for someone to stand up for this anime from the unbelievable haters, Im not being over affected but this guys doesn't even know almost a thing! and the one you should be judging are the ECCHI HAREM that has tons of animes every effing season! and UtaPri is also mostly failed my expectations but this different! and this isnt something for you to test until episode 3! DUDES im telling you that this reverse harem is VERY RARE for all bishies to like the heroine, mostly they end up friends or just one guy who falls for her and dont worry she'll talk faster as the the time moves on everybody and saying something as insensitive like "HATE" doesn't feel that good to our ears especially mines even more that I LOVE REVERSE HAREMS and SORRY if it doesn't fit your stinkin image but this is a NOVEL not a dance show! and you didnt even get to know them and the anime then STRAIGHT TO BOREDOM? and whats worth hating is your attitude for this anime and you know what there are tons of little boys and girls like HAREM for you to watch cauz ur wasting your time insulting! and back to u! cauz u my friend have shitty comment too! and without Orion the herione will be 10x annoying so thank him! and as I said this anime is different and this time it does have QUALITY! and I know reverse harem is hopeless and almost bad reputation but EXPECT THE NOT EXPECTED! and having the AMNESIA is particulary not an excuse because there wont be a otome game title "AMNESIA" if there isnt one happening ladies! and BTW i would've have broken the reply button if the OP and ED was bad and you have no idea who the CRAZY STALKER is! He is very special in this anime my friend so.......... stop calling him that... becasue his life was a living tragedy :( , and you also have an unforgivably bad attitude there my friend! and its anime and im so tired saying these but they are not hideous design, thats what they look like ever since the whole game started!! and my boy/ dear if you search the Amnesia website, Ill see if you have anything else to say about their clothes which is particularly NORMAL SINCE THATS THEIR ORIGINAL CLOTHING! and their ANIME!!!! DO I NEED TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YAH? YOU CANT EXPECT THEM TO BE MORE BORING WITH BLACK HAIR! and fyi shoujo is better than stinkin ecchi aniumes but their also sometimes annoying :P
Note: IM SORRY FOR THE BRUTAL STUFF I SAID BUT THERE PEOPLE WHO JUST REALLY LIKES THIS KIND OF ANIMES EVEN THOUGH HOW HATEFUL AND ANNOYING THEY CAN BE BUT I JUST REALLY NEED TO STAND UP FOR THIS ONE BECAUSE I MIGHT BE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOW MOST OF THE THINGS THAT WILL HAPPEN HERE
Jan 9, 2013 3:30 AM

Dec 2012
I quite enjoyed it, the opening was good too, lol@ their clothes though

RH_fan said:
wall of text
IT IS POSSIBLE FOR PEOPLE TO NOT LIKE THE THINGS THAT YOU LIKE.
Jan 9, 2013 4:30 AM

Aug 2012
She really loves to faint... I love their eyes!
Jan 9, 2013 4:40 AM

Oct 2011
shadowtsunami said:
I like the opening and ed but their eye color is way to over the top lol.

really? i think that the colors represent possibly what they're about.

it's daring and different in my opinion :)
Jan 9, 2013 4:40 AM

May 2012
MixieMoon said:
Lets hope with time she gains some personality (I have faith lol)

She obviously doesn't have much of one at the moment, due to the fact she can't remember who she is.

I say "let's hope" because a lot of female characters are simply cute & empty shells.

The flash back of the burning building and the "you broke your promise" bit makes me think she has a dark past however, which I like.

I really love the flash back factor; brief and intense.

The male characters, the music and the art, are very colorful. (literally and hypothetically)
All of the above is pretty much how I'm looking at this series.
That animation of the eyes is interesting but I don't dislike it, the same can be said for character designs. (some of the outfits are already making me laugh)
I worry that there might be cliché personalities for some of the bishouen I'm already seeing... I don't want another reverse harem with no depth -_-
All this said I really enjoyed the first epsiode and can't wait from more! :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2013 4:42 AM

Oct 2011
Kasavon said:

I worry that there might be cliché personalities for some of the bishouen I'm already seeing... I don't want another reverse harem with no depth -_-

same.

Pertaining to your avatar though, Inori was a bit empty as a character.

MixieMoonJan 9, 2013 6:18 AM
Jan 9, 2013 5:10 AM

May 2012
MixieMoon said:

Although pertaining to your avatar, Inori was a bit empty as a character

Although I've never looked at it that way, yeah, Inori was kinda empty, but she is very different to the no-depth bishouen in some reverse harems. She was "empty" in some respects, but I believe she played out her (that) role perfectly. Who wouldn't be empty when you find out that your not even you? I like her character because she was realistic in a way that if she where real, I feel that nothing about how she acted or responded to things would change. Bishouen that are placed in anime (maybe even this one) that are just their for looks have began to tick me off because of the lack of story-line the usually follows after them. The story can't be good if the characters have no depth.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2013 5:58 AM

May 2010
The plot is a bit weak but...yeah I am interested:D
Jan 9, 2013 6:14 AM
Apr 2011
Interesting stories, and i like the misterys.
Kawai heroine, so i will watch it,
this girl it's just like Kobato for me....
Jan 9, 2013 6:39 AM

Dec 2008
Hmm... I cannot stand how soft spoken this heroine is! It's annoying. I'm hoping these girls that have her cornered will beat some personality into her. That is, if she can stop fainting long enough to take a blow.

THE EYES!! OMG!! They're so psychedelic and other-worldly. I can't say just yet whether or not it's something I like. I've just never seen anything like it before. It's...just...so...odd.

Right now, the only thing that's making me want to see more are the bishies, but if it doesn't pick up after the first five eps, even they won't be enough to keep me interested.
Jan 9, 2013 6:57 AM
Jan 2013
Monde11 said:
I quite enjoyed it, the opening was good too, lol@ their clothes though

RH_fan said:
wall of text
IT IS POSSIBLE FOR PEOPLE TO NOT LIKE THE THINGS THAT YOU LIKE.
ofcourse they can duh because were all humans actually but they just kept saying mean comments which did awfully got on my nerves
Jan 9, 2013 7:07 AM
Jan 2013
To All Haters who commented to this discussion and read my message:
GO AFTER ME ONCE IT REALLY DIDNT MEET ANYONES EXPECTATION FOR THE END OF THIS ANIME HEHE :P
Jan 9, 2013 7:08 AM

Jan 2008
I've seen the scans way back and the art was already pretty that I had this in my looked forward list. Man, I'm glad the adaption so far seen here in this episode is good. The OP is nice. The animation, art, and sound are really good. The eyes were unique and visually appalling. Unlike other shoujo visual novel adaptation, the pacing here is just right, not so slow. I hope it will keep it up, or much better in the later episodes.
Jan 9, 2013 7:27 AM
Jan 2013
hiabara said:
i was really looking forward to this anime and i'm not disappointed. mostly because you can't judge an anime by its first episode, but also because i already really like the colors (especially the eyes, wow), the clothes, the male characters and the music. not sure what to think about the girl yet, but we'll see.

if there is only a like button on you post ;)
Jan 9, 2013 7:42 AM

Dec 2012
RH_fan said:
hiabara said:

if there is only a like button on you post ;)

haha :D well, i count it as a like that you quoted me :D
Jan 9, 2013 8:42 AM

Aug 2012
I'm not familiar with the game, but I think this was a good start.

Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Jan 9, 2013 9:57 AM

Dec 2011
Okay episode, I really like the character design, I just hope that this doesn't become the next Arcana Famiglia...
Jan 9, 2013 10:00 AM

Jun 2008
midori-tenshi03 said:

Well at least she has a voice, in the game she doesnt speak at all XD I agree with you and again, I think its stupid to call her "you" all the time. They could have given her a name anime original, it wouldnt hurt. Specially because that is Japan. In western countries its easier to address to a person as "you" all the time, but japanese are too polite for it, its odd so by now she should have been called at least "first name-chan" by her childhood friends and "surname-san" by her work colleagues. oh well.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 9, 2013 10:07 AM
Jan 2013
ChonyCholy said:
Okay episode, I really like the character design, I just hope that this doesn't become the next Arcana Famiglia...
didnt you like see the opening? they all try to specifically smooch the heroine
Jan 9, 2013 10:38 AM
Mar 2010
RH_fan said:
ChonyCholy said:

Uh...I think what ChonyCholy meant was that he/she hopes it doesn't become like Arcana in terms of plot.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 9, 2013 10:42 AM
Jan 2013
phoenixalia said:
RH_fan said:
ChonyCholy said:

Uh...I think what ChonyCholy meant was that he/she hopes it doesn't become like Arcana in terms of plot.
Yup sorry i just recently read the bad comments so kinda pushed it over a little
Jan 9, 2013 10:45 AM

Dec 2011
phoenixalia said:
RH_fan said:
ChonyCholy said:

Exactly, I hope this anime don't disappoint me like A.F.
Jan 9, 2013 10:54 AM
Jan 2013
ChonyCholy said:
phoenixalia said:
RH_fan said:
ChonyCholy said:

Exactly, I hope this anime don't disappoint me like A.F.
Well it wont be :) u can count on it
Jan 9, 2013 10:55 AM
Oct 2012
This episode seemed pretty decent. I liked the OP and ED songs and the art is unique, but in a good way. Although, this episode seemed a little slow paced for my liking, but nonetheless I will continue watching this series.

Also, does anyone know if this is reverse harem? I was looking at all the characters on here and the anime, both gave off that feel.
Jan 9, 2013 11:00 AM

Apr 2011
A brilliant start to an anime which I wasn't really expecting much from. Apart from Maoyuu, the only anime to have met/exceeded my expectations this season. Brilliant opening, but didn't like the ending too much. And the eyes are gorgeous.

Those three in the end seem to be jealous of the MC for having Ikki's attention from what I could gather. Not a good thing for her to faint there.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2013

163 by RioAl »»
Apr 19, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2013

207 by Ailastara »»
Feb 20, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2013

131 by _Shara_ »»
Jan 8, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 11, 2013

116 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 21, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2013

98 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.