Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (97) « First ... « 59 60 [61] 62 63 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2017 10:54 AM

Apr 2016
The ring: new reborn. this movie wasnt scary than before.

Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look
around. It's undeniable.
Noctis

Jun 18, 2017 11:20 AM

Jan 2015
Just finished chaplin's modern times and it's definitely great. I really like when him symbolically made "official departure" with the tramp character (and his silent era as well) , which let the iconic persona singing for the first and the last time. Such a classy

Currently watching monster on tv (again)but with no sub and I'm feel too sleepy too drunk too fuck lol. My bae Charlize theron was such badass bitch on this one, a monster, ugh.. Ugly. Surprise to know the director patty jenkin made long hiatus before that's so acclaimed wonder woman in the end Idk wth happened last night

Kitsu-nee said:
The Good Dinosaur 5/10
This has to be the worst Pixar movie ever, I can't believe they released shit like that T^T Completely unfunny, idiotic plot, with whiny, unlikable main character, terrible designs and it even rip-offs other, a lot better animated Disney movies. Why Pixar, WHY?!
The only good thing about it is incredible animation of landscapes and water. Yup, that's about it.
yeah definitely agree with that. I watched it when I was accompanying my little nephew and it caught me surprise that hell was pixar. It's not being said anything (truly) good from them lately or that one was the worse-est , but still..
karambiaJun 18, 2017 11:23 PM

la critique de l'intention pure
Jun 18, 2017 1:58 PM

Jun 2015
Irreversible.

I didn't expect a film that opened with a guy begging to be fisted in a nightclub called the Rectum to wind up being so emotionally impacting.

Also the only movie I've ever seen to make me feel sick. And I've watched a ton of movies.

Jun 18, 2017 11:15 PM

Jun 2017
The Lego Batman Movie. It was so cute. Had a nice laugh.
Jun 18, 2017 11:21 PM

Jan 2015
Ikiru!!!

The liveliest kurosawa's I'd seen so far ToT

Jun 19, 2017 12:30 AM

Dec 2015
rawrX3pounces said:
Irreversible.

I didn't expect a film that opened with a guy begging to be fisted in a nightclub called the Rectum to wind up being so emotionally impacting.

Also the only movie I've ever seen to make me feel sick. And I've watched a ton of movies.

I think the 15 minute long rape scene might have been taking things too far :p
Jun 19, 2017 12:48 AM

Jun 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
rawrX3pounces said:
Irreversible.

I think the 15 minute long rape scene might have been taking things too far :p
I generally would agree with that.
Usually showing too much ruins any emotional impact.
This would be an exception for me.

Jun 20, 2017 10:03 PM

Aug 2015
"Resident Evil: Vendetta" (2017)
is a bloody good time. It is an improvement from its CGI motion picture predecessors (Degeneration, Damnation - both which can't help be a snooze-fest at times despite some interesting ideas) and unlike the live-action films which were more inclined to be an exposition show-off (that's not saying it's bad), this one does its best to balance style and substance. It has got the brains and the brawns, delivering a solid, contained and well-composed story to grasp on but at the same time embraces insanity with extreme gore and intense, over-the-top action which were stunningly executed (especially the ones involving dog zombies). It delivers all the goods without leaving you unsatisfied. Its blend of horror, science fiction and action translates well and the mood and atmosphere of the film amplifies it. Although it's a little obvious how it's all gonna go down, if it was as entertaining as this, it hardly matters. It hyped me more than I expected it to be. I can't imagine hardcore fans of the game to be disappointed with this one. This might just be the Resident Evil movie they've always hoped for. For the others, well, it's worth sitting through.

Jun 21, 2017 2:58 AM

Jun 2016
3 Idiots

One of the greatest movies ever. I'll never get tired of this movie. It's one of those movies that really inspired me, but this is the only film that really had a GREAT impact on me.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 21, 2017 6:53 AM

May 2010

Antz 6/10

It had a few kinda dirty jokes, and overall felt more "adult" than from what I rememebered. Animation and designs were awkward and it was quite ugly movie in general, but at least it had a few decent jokes and scenes I guess. Weirdest Christopher Walken placement ever @_@
Jun 22, 2017 2:16 AM

Nov 2008
Logan. 7/10.

Nice attempt, but it's still an X-Men movie. X-Men is stupid. I also thought it ran out of steam well before the last act.

EzekielJun 22, 2017 3:54 PM

Jun 22, 2017 8:26 PM

Apr 2017
Fantasia (1940) still holds up as a 9/10

You can't really go wrong with classical music
Jun 22, 2017 10:08 PM

May 2016
Just saw Wonder Woman. Was nice to finally see something from DC Comics that's actually decent again. Still on the fence about whether or not it'll be worth it to go see Justice League.

3/5
DeciBelJun 22, 2017 10:13 PM
Jun 26, 2017 11:43 PM

Jun 2016
last movie i saw was scooby doo zombie island

10/10 watch it
the time for reform has come
forum set by luka <3

thank you luka <3
Jun 28, 2017 8:05 PM

Jun 2016
Fight Club

Great movie, can't remember how many times I've seen it now.

9/10
Jun 29, 2017 12:44 AM

Dec 2016
Ezekiel said:
Umberto D. (1952, Italy) - I almost cried when that was ending. The world has so little compassion. Beautiful movie.

L'eclisse (1962, Italy) - The ending kind of went over my head. I should probably watch the commentary. I still enjoyed it, but found it harder to grasp than the other Michelangelo Antonioni movies I've seen, L'Avventura, Red Desert and Blow-Up.

How do you like Antonioni's work? I like watching Italian cinema every now and then but I don't think I've seen anything from Antonioni. I would like to know how he stands among the other Italian great's.

Also what do you think of TSPDT top 1000 greatest films?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2017 1:54 AM

Jan 2015
Life of oharu, poor woman treat like property

Jun 29, 2017 3:30 AM

Jul 2009
Escape from Alcatraz 9/10

Probably the first pre-90's film I've watched in more than a year. Just realized it was Danny Glover's breakout role lol.
Jun 29, 2017 3:39 AM

Jul 2013
The lost city of Z. Man, that shit was great.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jun 29, 2017 8:00 AM

Aug 2012
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
7/10

Dunno what was the hate about. The movie was solid and I laughed alot at the regular Jack Sparrow jokes done by Johnny Depp. Way better than the previous movie. Though it could have delved abit deeper into the story, but it was sufficient imo.
Jun 30, 2017 11:05 AM

Aug 2015
The Breakfast Club (1985) Re-watched

It captured teenage angst in the eighties so well.

And had a wonderful cast.

And such memorable characters.

And it was hilarious.

And then there's that soundtrack.

Boy, that soundtrack.....

Jun 30, 2017 7:06 PM

Jul 2009
Keanu 6/10

I love Key and Peele but this film didn't click with me. It was funny at times but it feels quite empty overall. At least Peele made the awesome Get Out.
Jun 30, 2017 8:04 PM

Jun 2016
Doukyuusei. 10/10

Idk why this shounen-ai movie still makes me lose my shat everytime I watched it. It's so different from all the shounen-ai/yaoi shows I've watched. I hope there'll be a sequel. ;-;

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 1, 2017 12:48 AM

Aug 2013
pitch perfect 9/10
pitch perfect 2 7/10

first part was just hilarious so I hoped that second one will be too, but it was a lot more boring
Don't read this! you are making me feel embarrassed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 6, 2017 9:43 AM

Apr 2016
I complete the RATTER movie. It quite surprising with the ending. Lack of ideas making those movies.

Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look
around. It's undeniable.
Noctis

Jul 7, 2017 1:55 AM

Jul 2009
No Country for Old Men 10/10

Great flick that hooked me from start to finish. Whoever played Anton is GOAT.
Jul 7, 2017 7:45 AM

Nov 2008
SugarInDaMornin said:
Ezekiel said:
Umberto D. (1952, Italy) - I almost cried when that was ending. The world has so little compassion. Beautiful movie.

L'eclisse (1962, Italy) - The ending kind of went over my head. I should probably watch the commentary. I still enjoyed it, but found it harder to grasp than the other Michelangelo Antonioni movies I've seen, L'Avventura, Red Desert and Blow-Up.

How do you like Antonioni's work? I like watching Italian cinema every now and then but I don't think I've seen anything from Antonioni. I would like to know how he stands among the other Italian great's.

Also what do you think of TSPDT top 1000 greatest films?
I'm not even close to finished with the list and I don't agree with some of the picks, but overall it's a way better source of important, fine and sometimes challenging movies than IMDB's top rated.

Anonioni's movies range from good to great. My favorites right now are Red Desert and Blow-Up. I prefer Fellini, mainly for 8 1/2 and The Nights of Cabiria. I don't know who the greats are. I don't pay very much attention to directors. I didn't even know the director of Umberto D. directed Bicycle Thieves until I did a search in my movie folder a few minutes ago (but it makes sense) .

Jul 7, 2017 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:

Antz 6/10

It had a few kinda dirty jokes, and overall felt more "adult" than from what I rememebered. Animation and designs were awkward and it was quite ugly movie in general, but at least it had a few decent jokes and scenes I guess. Weirdest Christopher Walken placement ever @_@

cant believe i still remember this shit.movie

to this day i kill more and more ants eveyday after i saw that movie
Jul 7, 2017 9:04 AM

Dec 2015
Wonder Woman

DC live action movies and superhero movies with female leads have had a bad track record, so does this movies manage to overcome these hurdles?

Well...kinda.

It's marginally better than the recent string of DC failures and it's certainly better than other female lead superhero movies but that unfortunately is a low bar to pass.The story is fine, the acting is fine, the action is fine and it benefits greatly from the WWI setting. But that really is it. Gal Gadot is not a good choice to play Wonder Woman. She's too skinny, her accent is off putting and she can't read a line for shit. I have been saying this for years, they should have cast Gina Carano. The CGI is passable at times and god awful at other times. The supporting cast are all...fine but nothing special.

I really was expecting to like this movie but sadly I was disappointed.
Not terrible but not great either - 5/10
Jul 7, 2017 1:50 PM

Mar 2013
I watched The Breakfast Club for a second time yesterday and to my surprise I enjoyed it a lot. I don't really understand why but it felt very boring when I saw it for the first time but it's a great movie actually. the title track is still great tho.
Jul 7, 2017 5:23 PM

Dec 2016

[/quote]I'm not even close to finished with the list and I don't agree with some of the picks, but overall it's a way better source of important, fine and sometimes challenging movies than IMDB's top rated.

Anonioni's movies range from good to great. My favorites right now are Red Desert and Blow-Up. I prefer Fellini, mainly for 8 1/2 and The Nights of Cabiria. I don't know who the greats are. I don't pay very much attention to directors. I didn't even know the director of Umberto D. directed Bicycle Thieves until I did a search in my movie folder a few minutes ago (but it makes sense) . [/quote]

I agree with your view on IMDB's top rated. The user of IMDB as a majority consist of mainstream film viewers who only like either the most popular, or iconic films under the strangely objective category known as 'classics'. Or those who think the biggest critical and financial successes' of film box-office are the best films ever. Not saying that I completely despise mainstream film. I just find the mainstream scene to be over celebrated and bloated. This unfortunate cause of the mainstream film scene draws attention away from the real works of art in the film industry.

Anyway, I'm glad to find someone who likes the works of Fellini. He is a great filmmaker in general and his film 8 1/2 well portrays the creative and personal hardship of filmmaking. I also like some early Bertolucci films and some works of Pasolini. Although Pasolini can be quite pretentious at times, I still think his quite great in his own right.

It's great to find another person who has fine taste in film. I wish you luck on your mission to complete the TSPDT top 1000, despite the occasional changes to the list.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2017 5:25 PM

Apr 2014
The new Transformers movie

it's garbage and brings nothing new to the Transformers table
I'm actually quite pissy about this, because my dad made me use my free movie ticket to watch this load of garbage that is apparently called a movie

deciBel23 said:
Just saw Wonder Woman. Was nice to finally see something from DC Comics that's actually decent again. Still on the fence about whether or not it'll be worth it to go see Justice League.

3/5

You're probably better off watching the Justice League cartoon TV series (it even got another adaption Justice League Unlimited). Totally worth your time (at least in my opinion).
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Jul 8, 2017 4:00 PM

May 2015
I just watched Moonlight for the first time last weekend. Man was it a disappointment. I thought it was ok until that fucking ending. Most abrupt ending I've ever seen. I literally said "that's it?" while the credits started to roll. Maybe I let the hype get to me more than I thought. Best movie of 2016? I really don't see how anyone can think that. Moonlight doesn't even come close to Hacksaw Ridge.

Jul 8, 2017 7:38 PM

Oct 2010
Le révélateur is an interesting pick if you are into experimental cinema. It is a completely silent movie with no intertitles. The camera work is amazing, every shot is beautiful, the lighting and shadowing, the long tracks, just everything in the visual presentation is impressive. The story, on the other hand, is quite blurred and confusing. Three characters in it, the two parents and a little girl. The narration jumps from one scene to another, at points it's something about running away from a threat, at some points it's about the routine of a dysfunctional family, maybe something in between. It's difficult to grasp because everything is insanely cryptic and there is not verbal info to back up at all. Anyway I don't think anything is set in stone in terms of narrative purpose here, so it's kind of a personal interpretation thing. And maybe for that reason it is an exhausting view, which is surprising considering it's only one hour long. It was worth anyway. 7/10
Jul 11, 2017 10:29 AM

Jan 2015
Coherence (2013)

It's does feel flaw when like everyone (too) easy being paranoia at first, but overall is definitely worth for a thrilling indie 7/10
karambiaJul 11, 2017 10:36 AM

Jul 12, 2017 6:38 AM

Dec 2015
ok, I rambled on so long that I felt it necessary to put my comment in spoiler tags :p

Bobby2HandsJul 12, 2017 6:42 AM
Jul 12, 2017 6:51 AM

Jan 2015
Timecrimes (2007)

Aaaah, just when the girl got that lovely cute hair and then damn she.... Obviously Lol. a really, very well made indie
karambiaJul 12, 2017 7:04 AM

Jul 13, 2017 7:42 AM

May 2010

Over the Hedge 5/10

It has to be one of the least funny comedies I've seen in a while, ugly designs, terrible slapstick, forgettable characters... Even animation wasn't that impressive for DreamWorks :< So far marathoning their older movies wasn't such a great idea, sigh.
Jul 13, 2017 8:31 AM

Jan 2015
Sans Soleil (1983)
Interesting, intriguing, retrospective and meditative for and essay-style documentary, true classic and essential.
8/10

Patriotism (1966)
True minimalist. while it well potrayed the romanticized and perversion of ancient thought, it's just feel there something lack on it. probably that re-score sound a bit bland

Jul 13, 2017 3:02 PM

Jan 2017
Koe no Katachi 9.5/10 second best movie I have seen this year still did not top Kimi no Na wa (which I saw again on my flight home Delta had it I thought this must be in English but no it was in Japanese subtitled).
Jul 13, 2017 10:54 PM

Dec 2012
I've probably seen Scarface a dozen times by now. Such a great movie, this and The Godfather are what made me fall in love with Al Pacino's acting. The chainsaw scene man...one of the most graphic moments I've ever seen in a movie. They don't show anything and that's exactly why it's so haunting. Makes the imagination run wild and my stomach turn.
Jul 13, 2017 11:44 PM

Nov 2008
Arrival.

Average. I don't get the appeal at all.

Jul 14, 2017 1:15 AM
Nov 2016
I went to see the new Transformers movie with a friend.

I knew it was going to be shit but god damn it blew me away with it's cheesiness and cliche plot. Predicted everything that happened and just like any other Michael Bay film, too many explosions.
The effects were only redeeming quality and really it didn't redeem shit.

2/10

Jul 14, 2017 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
These movies are graded by iMDB standards. I'm gonna mention two since my last post kinda screwed up due to the traffic on this thread.

First off, we have:

Spider-Man Homecoming 7.8/10.

In terms of story and character development, it's certainly a bit lacking, but given how this is a Spider-Man adaptation, it is certainly the best one out there, beating both Sam Raimi's and the Amazing Spider-Man films by a very longshot. However, as I've mentioned before, there certainly aren't any exciting moments in the movie of anything showing a deal of great tension and Peter certainly shows way too much naivete, cracking it up to 11, and doesn't really outbalance between his seriousness and immaturity, which is why I feel that his character is outdone way too much. Tony Stark or Iron Man takes too much of a backseat and doesn't really help in Spider-Man's development as a superhero. He scolds him a few times and then takes his leave. I didn't like Michael Keaton's character either. The high school cast is also quite well done. It gives this sort of distance between the watcher and the film due to how different the cast is from the comics compared to this movie. It feels like a new generation of Spider-Man or something. Ok, now I spoke too much and we're done.

Next movie is:

War for the Planet of the Apes 8.4/10 (contains spoilers).

The epic conclusion to the new Planet of the Apes saga and boy, does it deliver. This has to be the second best film next to Logan. While the middle suffers a bit from a lack of backdrops and not much development going on, the end is one of the most impactful that I've ever seen.

Jul 14, 2017 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
Ezekiel said:
Logan. 7/10.

Nice attempt, but it's still an X-Men movie. X-Men is stupid. I also thought it ran out of steam well before the last act.

Jul 14, 2017 8:48 PM

Jan 2015
Okja (2017)

Been a while but definitely not at bong joon-ho's best. While it over the top-ly tackle the issue but some execution feel lack and need more polished. like the (english) dialogs, interactions and few scenes not so....
But overall It's feel still on forgivable and acceptable territory -at least for potentially good movie- if not, for scenes before nancy miranda and mija "negotiating" , was something, one of most terribly done I'd seen in a while

6/10 - far from bad, but fine
simply said Paul dano was kewl
karambiaJul 14, 2017 9:36 PM

Jul 15, 2017 3:42 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017

Wonder Woman – 7/10

DC finally delivered here. The look of the main villain was shit but it took risks, had humor, and actually had an origin story that built on a character. Gal Gadot played Diana with grace and understanding of what WW is. Unsure on future DC but maybe they got a grasp on what makes a superhero film solid.
Jul 15, 2017 3:57 AM
Feb 2016
The last movie I saw was Logan. It was so fucking good. 8/10. I felt like a bitch after the ending though. After this, I don't think I'll be seeing another superhero movie. I'm starting to get sick of them.

Jul 15, 2017 4:59 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
War for the Planet of the Apes. Great film except the ending felt like a bit if a cop out tbh. 9/10
Jul 15, 2017 6:18 AM

Jul 2009
My Bloody Valentine 6/10

Decent teenage horror flick. Campy and cheesy af but that's what makes it watchable lol.
Pages (97) « First ... « 59 60 [61] 62 63 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3386 by aikaflip »»
12 seconds ago

» This is one the most gay music vids i have seen^^

tsukareru - 3 hours ago

0 by tsukareru »»
3 hours ago

» BEST WEEZER SONG???

removed-user - Jan 29

5 by Eternal_Rest »»
4 hours ago

» What sort of songs do you listen to ? ( 1 2 )

scarydragon - Aug 1, 2023

52 by Eternal_Rest »»
4 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7586 by juanlqr »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.