Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Say I Love You.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 27, 2016 9:49 PM
Apr 2014
at least she fucking said it at the end omfg
at the very end of the credits ><

i really liked it. i didn't think i was, but i liked it a lot more than the other shoujo anime i've seen. i feel like they should have ended it with the summer festival though with mei saying "suki" then, because the last episode was so unecessary tbh.

but i enjoyed it. 8/10.
May 19, 2016 6:00 AM

Jun 2013
They have a lot of kisses and hugs in this show. They're adorable. ♥

But they should stop being so paranoid/overthinker all the time, lolololol.

Yamato x Mei. Relationship goals. I wonder if that would happen in reality, wherein a hot and popular guy falls in love with a plain girl and they live happily after. Really sounds like any other typical shoujo manga/anime that has unrealistic plot. But who knows? "Love is blind." ♥

Overall, it's an entertaining show. It's really similar to "Kimi ni Todoke". I can relate to this anime because I also used to be bullied, though I'm not socially awkward compared to Mei. The art is beautiful, as well as the music.
May 28, 2016 6:45 PM

May 2016
Soren said:
Overall ok series

The thing that I didn't like was how yamato fell in love with mei. It just seemed so unrealistic for him to fall for that kind of girl without even getting to know her first. And then he forces himself onto her by kissing her without her permission.

And then he put up with her even when mei was so reserved.

Blah.

Of course it was unrealistic.
1. It is a anime
2. No way would the most popular guy like.... or even TALK to the least popular girl in school.
Jul 30, 2016 4:10 PM

Aug 2012
Aiko best girl!!!
Jul 31, 2016 6:21 AM

Jul 2014
Any1 know where to continue it from the manga??? i wanna carry it on from the manga... :)
Aug 7, 2016 5:39 PM
Apr 2016
episode 12 woulda been a better ending. 13 was lame and just pissed me off.
"Lost, confused..
Losing sight of myself, I grow desperate and struggled
Each time I heard the sound of the bell, I struggled
I wondered, "where is the one who matters most to me?"
Really, I knew the answer the whole time.
I finally came to the realization after she showed me the way home.
I was able to decide that this is where I would live.
This is one of my precious bell's memories."
Aug 7, 2016 6:50 PM

Feb 2015
ins-chan said:

Tonari ftw.

A
MEN.

ShiningInTheSky said:
Should we be expecting a season 2?

God PLEASE NO. AT LEAST not before tonari (if it ever happens in this lifetime).
Hachiko75 said:
The most stupidest episode in this whole series! It's like two million steps back! What the hell? Nagi says and she just takes it and runs and omg Yamato hates me blah blah!

And then Yamato lets his half pint run of a sister take his phone but finds his balls when it rings and snatches it from her? And then he gets his underwear in a bind when he thinks Mei is cheating on him.

What the hell kind of bullshit was this episode?

The writers wanted to make one last final attempt to have someone come between them since Megu is over her self and it has to be the sister and we thought she got her jealously over and done with in episode four but no she is still a bratty ass brat!

Oh my god why are all these winter animes having suck ass endings? Good god!

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

numero6 said:

I'm already about to hop on that Kamisama Hajimemashitaaaaa ~

it's a very hilarious series. hope you liked it.

puqtato said:
This anime went absolutely nowhere, thank god it's over.

another Amen.

Venom900 said:

If they had just stuck with the relationship between Mei and Yamato, all while dealing with her bullying problems it would have been a much better show.

I also found it funny that despite all the drama they went through, even in the end they still fail to understand each other at all.

5/10....it's just too average of a romance show for me to give it anything higher

if they stuck with mei and yamoto i think i would have killed myself. i'm so glad kei stepped in, however late he was.

Vongole said:

Mei's and Yamato's relationship seems to be more supported by their friends than themselves. LIKE SERIOUSLY.

THIS.

It would've been better if other charas got their focus ep like Aiko and Kai for eg. Srsly the supporting charas are more entertaining than the main two.

no! kai x mei forever!

Sorakaa said:

Of course it was unrealistic.
1. It is a anime

oh HO! i see! so every anime that's COMPLETE CRAP gets a scot-free ticket because "it's an anime".

then i guess tonari is some kind of dark matter since it doesn't follow the rules at all.

---------------
OH MY FREAKING GOSH.

what the heck?!? this is EXACTLY why they don't match. at first it was mei, but then YAMOTO was acting like an idiot.

but then kai, good old kai, supports mei without beating around the bush.

but then she ruins it by STILL not going to his house.

YOU BLOODY IDIOT. DIDN'T KEI JUST TELL YOU IT'S NOT LIKE YAMOTO TO SAY THAT?!?

then, to make more needless chaos, the slut boy, WHO HAS ONLY APPEARED IN TWO WHOLE EPISODES decides to call out of bloody NOWHERE and tell yamoto needless bull he couldn't care less about.

this episode would have been funny if it wasn't so freakin' stupid.

anyway....
2/10. i would have loved to give it a 1 like 3-4 eps ago, but i am giving it one more point for the wonderful light kei brought to the show, although it was so late. it may seem like just a point, but it's one filled with admiration and gratitude. the music was nice as well, which takes up around 10% of the second point.

otherwise, horribly boring, cleche show. it's still not as bad as haru ride, which literally caused me physical pain looking at, but it's still unbearable. all the characters are boring (save for kei), the animation is bad, with not even a hint of sakuga. to say nothing of the plot. all in all, it's the utter and complete opposite of tonari, in every sense possible.

i had some hope for this romance since haru ride had broken me so bady. and since it was in the same magazine as tonari, i thought it would have had better taste and reject cleches. couldn't have been more wrong.

so yeah, i'm done. you have no idea how much haru ride drained me so much, and the sukitte had to make it even worse by being barely better. after i read and watched tonari, i thought i could find another romance like it. i had hope for the genre. looks like it's a one in a million story. now i hate the genre even more than i did before. i no longer care for the romance genre, and it's all haru ride and sukitte's fault.
Nov 7, 2016 11:19 AM

Sep 2010
Bloody Hell, they managed to became even more stupid than they were the whole series. Even comedic attempts didn't save the situation. And yes, I expected that Mei will say it out, loud and clear, but no. Finally, this overpredictable & megaboring series is over. Time to check how bad they made that 0VA.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Jan 11, 2017 4:25 AM

Aug 2016
Seeing Yamato fever-talk about Mei being in another relationship was hilarious ;) Still felt more like a special and not like the official ending.

I give it a 5/10 (and that's nice and those points go mainly to Aiko and Kai) . Though I like shojo & romance Sukitte ii na yo just didn't work for me. Too many side characters and side stories, I found myself more often mad at Yamato's behaviour than being flattered or thinking that those two were a nice couple. I had to drag myself through the epsodes and am glad that it's finally over.

And I wish it would have had more of Kai >_<
Sep 11, 2017 1:29 PM

May 2013
Hm. It's not bad. I'd give it a 6.5 overall, rounding down to 6/10. Story was typical and there weren't many things that made it stand out. I still enjoyed it nonetheless and thankful that there wasn't an overload of drama in it.

The ending could've been better. I wish Mei told Yamato what he was dying to hear, which was "Yamato, I love you." (call him by his first name, pls). They included it in the end, but I bet you that was just what she wanted to say in her head again. Lame. Also, this last ep ticked me off a bit since they've been dating for awhile now and there's STILL misunderstandings between them bc they don't know how the other thinks. Kai knows both of them well =___=' Yeah, love is a learning process, but Kai has been away for a long time but he picks up fast. idk. I had high hopes for this series since I think the characters are so cute but it was aight.
Sep 22, 2017 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was unnecessary. Should have ended in the last episode. 7/10
Dec 20, 2017 2:51 PM

Dec 2016
Very cute anime. I enjoyed a lot <3 8/10
I feel like there should have more episode, but it warmed my soul and that's just what matters :D this last episode was cute but it shouldn't be made at the end...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 9, 2018 11:06 AM

Sep 2011
The beginning is so awful to the point I want to drop it early then it's started to get a little better but after making Megumi as an antagonist this series really went downhill. Kai almost saved this show for me though.

Not really good written story as a shoujo series.

Aug 30, 2018 5:27 AM

Apr 2015
Why are they drinking cocktails at home..?

The quintessential shoujo wish fulfillment; chemistry between the MCs barely exist, a bit repetitive and often makes sense 'cos it does'- the characters' intelligence levels suddenly drop whenever the writer want them to. But but mostly presented well, with certain redeeming qualities; suburban atmosphere and sound use, part of the realistic portrayal of school life and relationships('part of'), general lovable-ness throughout. 4-5/10
Apr 17, 2019 7:41 PM
Jun 2016
Ima miss these guys...so much
Apr 19, 2019 12:30 AM

Aug 2017
That was like an OVA. Boring.

Didn't like this show. 4/10. Kimi ni todoke was more lighthearted with a lot more charm and better music.
Jul 13, 2019 6:09 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty standard shoujo romance series.

4/10
Nov 30, 2019 9:17 AM

Aug 2008
Stupid misunderstandings and inconveniences made this a poor episode, he runs by her while she is looking around a pole? His phone is out of battery? Uh-huh. Made me sigh. Previous episode better.

I suppose I'll need to figure out what chapter of the manga to start on if i want to see an ending...
Oct 11, 2020 10:09 PM
Apr 2017
That part where Yamato runs past Mei upsets me.
Oct 14, 2020 2:54 PM

Jun 2013
Man, this last episode was really silly (in a good way), trying to add that shoujo drama but everything ended up being so silly and adorable! And this show was just that, cute, silly, funny, heart warming, even sad at times. But it was not frustrating. And we can owe that to how everyone's friends called each other out on their bs, that when there would typically be a relationship-effecting miscommunication, the friends step in and encourage better communication. And I really love this show for that!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 29, 2020 2:01 PM
Jun 2017
episode 12 felt more of a finale imo while this felt like a special episode, but I loved this series as a whole! Mei and Yamato were such a cute pairing; I was either fangirling, laughing or crying with their romance. :') The only problem I had was in the middle mark of the show, during that arc with Yamato hanging more with Megumi because of the photo shoot and Mei felt like he was drifting away, I hated how he was ignorant to her feelings. :/ I know he can't exactly help being too nice to say no, but I still wished he made an effort to tell Mei what's going on in his life and all that.

I personally liked the misunderstandings aspect of this show (aside from the situation with Megumi cause that frustrated me lmao) cause the emotional impact hit more, aka me crying at three in the morning. :( oh, and another thing I really liked was how, in the beginning, Aiko seemed more of an antagonist but she ended up being an ally in the end. of course, I can't forget Kai. I loved him so much. I had a little bit of second lead syndrome...just a little. <3
Dec 23, 2020 4:49 PM
Sep 2019
Episode 13 was pretty underwhelming for a series finale. If the writers made the previous episode with the intention of making it the finale, I personally believe it would have been a more fulfilling ending!
May 28, 2021 2:39 PM
Jan 2021
it didn't need this episode. It would've been just fine ending it on ep 12 and adding the "I love you" there instead. hated ep 13, it was useless
Jun 15, 2021 6:23 AM
Jul 2008
Apple must have hated episode 13 too as they stop to selling series at episode 12. Plus no season bulk purchase option. What is going on?
Jun 24, 2021 6:24 PM
Mar 2021
LETS GO SHE SAID I LOVE YOU. I got out my damn seat waiting for those three damn words and lord mercy I almost had a heart attack. Great last episode 8/10
Oct 31, 2021 4:46 AM
Oct 2021
I loved this season so much but ending it all with that episode was terrible! It was a great episode! One of the first ones where the entire thing was light and comedic, I laughed a lot for the first half, but as it dawned on me that time was running out in the episode for a sincere conclusion, I got worried. Then by the end, it was just an uneventful hug. I get that they kissed on the bridge and she said, "I love you." In the credits, but that was one of the worst ways to do it! You don't get to see her emotional build up to saying it, you don't get to see Yamato's reaction, there is no climax of romance, just a fluffy episode with little plot relevance. Again, I loved the episode, but for a LAST episode, that sucked. Sorry for being so pessimistic, but I'm sure the manga will be awesome so I'll read that next!!!
Mar 23, 2022 11:29 AM

Aug 2014
This is after watching all 13 episodes and the 1 OVA episode of Say I Love You:

Out of all the serious animes that have come out of a shoujo manga, I think "Say I Love You" might be the best one. 

Usually when I enjoy animes that come out of a Shoujo manga, I usually enjoy the silly shoujo animes, for example Wolf Girl and Black Prince, Maid-Sama, Kimi Ni Todoke, My Love Story, Save Me Lollipop, etc.

So when an anime comes out of shoujo-manga, and im supposed to take the anime serious, I usually get bored or its just too corny/cheesy for my taste to enjoy that I just drop it and move on.  Or the pacing is too slow for my taste, or the anime is too bland. But this is not the case with Say I Love You.

Say I Love You has a great atmosphere, appealing characters, nice interactions, good progress, nice pace, interesting love rivals for each MC.  Say I Love You also has two good MC to follow around, you dont get bored or anything.

I mean, yes, it does have some Shoujo things that I dont like, like feminine looking guys, guys with stupid-looking haircuts/hairstyles, but overall it grows on you. It also has the thing I dont like in which the main characters is what every side character or NPC character is worried about, like if they dont got lives of their own. And the over-the-top gossiping that makes everyone look like a jerk.  And every now and then, the anime can get a bit bland/boring, but not enough to drop it.

With all that said, as of the date of this review, Say I Love You might be the best non-comedy anime to come out of a shoujo manga.
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 1:37 AM
Mar 29, 2022 1:28 PM

Feb 2018
ooo333 said:

Out of all the serious animes that have come out of a shoujo manga, I think "Say I Love You" might be the best one.

I watch shoujo series from time to time and also think this was the around the best in the genre... and yet I also feel it was pretty bland opposite of your comment. Seeing it was released in 2012, makes me sadder because there could be even better series 10 years later.
Mar 25, 2023 12:05 AM
May 2022
it's a pretty good episode, i just felt that it's rushed, like a sudden ending
Apr 21, 2023 2:03 PM
Apr 2023
The ending was a bit underwhelming however it was a good ending
Apr 23, 2023 3:34 AM

Feb 2019
What can I say? Frustrating, infuriating series overall. The only saving grace was Kai. Straightforwardly pinpointing all the bullshyt every character in this show was doing. Egos fat as an elephant. 4/10 from me.

Jul 12, 2023 11:21 AM

Mar 2023
this anime was sooo sweet, I LOVE IT (*≧∀≦*)
this may be a top 3 romance anime for me

Yamei <3
otakuanityJul 12, 2023 11:28 AM
Aug 13, 2023 2:08 PM
Nov 2020
I HATED THIS EPISODE SO MUCH i rated this show a 10 because i loved it so much up until this last episode. This episode was one of the most frustrating things ive ever watched in my life and im so annoyed that they had to end such a good show with this bs fever plot. Idc if people think its charming i think its so stupid and literally anything else would've been better than this. I wish i could go back and just skip this last episode bc then itd be a perfect show
Aug 27, 2023 11:55 AM

Dec 2019
that door bell scene got me fuming
Jan 2, 4:39 PM
Nov 2023
Interesting and difficult relationship themes, not as silly as most romcoms
Mar 2, 10:10 PM

Jan 2022
Episode 12 felt like the true climax/ending and that Episode 13 is the denouement/comedy special - which by the way felt like a prototype Kaguya-sama episode sans the narrator.

Awesome show and it scratched the itch of what I felt was missing in the likes of Nagi no Asukara, Bunny Girl Senpai, and Toradora. After some deliberation, I'll give this a 10/10 even if episode 13 felt somewhat disjointed. It hooked me right at the first episode, the OP is absolutely gorgeous, and the portrayal of Mei and Yamato's dynamic, development, and how it focused on their lives after they got together is overall very strong.
Apr 19, 3:29 PM
Oct 2020
just annoying to watch, what a waste of time
Apr 21, 10:32 AM
Nov 2019
Is it me or the English dub was horrible for this episode hahaha the voices didn’t match the mouths hahaha
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

97 by ibtissame »»
Apr 19, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2012

127 by Peixefaca »»
Feb 15, 9:25 AM

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

7 by requiemofred_ »»
Feb 7, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

162 by NotBonBon »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2012

108 by ginseng6 »»
Aug 27, 2023 7:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.