Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 28, 2012 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finale!

Dat gym scenes. I had to face palm myself when the boys were attacking Rito out of jealousy LOL. I am a bit disappointed that the master didn't show herself tbh in the series. Oh well.
Dec 28, 2012 11:41 AM

Jul 2010
Haha, didn't know Kirito ran the Venus Momo Club (VMC). XD

Well, time to continue reading the manga till they announce season 2 of TLR:D.
Dec 28, 2012 1:37 PM
Dec 2012
nooooooooooooo I want more T.T ...
Dec 28, 2012 7:05 PM

Dec 2010
Thoughts:

• WTF. Kirito's voice?! Being the head of Momo's fanclub...this revelation will surely stir jealousy in Asuna.
  • Dat Momo delusion. RESULTS IN HER MASTURBATING?!?!?! WUT. So I guess she can get embarassed at such things!
  • Haha, a club that admires Nana's flat chest.
  • I never knew you could kneel on each step on a staircase. Amazing discipline and practice must have been exercised. :O
  • What the hell? Rito you lucky bastard. All of that in just a single day. You even got shameless Saki embarassed. WTF.
  • LOL the Venus Momo Club makes Rito look like a damn rapist. Suck on that popsicle..!
  • Holy shit. He's actually being more submissive than I thought. Goddamn you lucky bastard. Grab dat ass ya idiot! Wait what the fuck?! He was several steps ahead of my thinking?! Nvm another delusion. Biggest tease so far in the whole series.
  • Damnit Mea. You sly girl. Holy shit. Momo + Yuno combination = Deadly Yandere.
  • Nice credits. Seems like Momo had a good time playing with his elephant in the aftercredits.

It's a shame the show's finished. It was a decent last episode to say the least. I thought it could have been a lot better but it is what it is. Hopefully TLR gets another season as we still don't know about Nemesis yet.

I leave with the yandere face:

Dec 28, 2012 9:22 PM
May 2012
can some one tell me where they watched episode 12 i cant find english dubbed or english subbed?
Dec 28, 2012 9:29 PM

Aug 2009
We'll probably likely to see a second season of Darkness sometime next year. I haven't seen episode 12 yet, but judging from that yandere face, they pretty much stopped at chapter 17-18 in the manga. And the manga's not even finished yet (it's up at 26).

They're doing 2 chapters in one episode, so they only have enough for 3 or 4 after that. I'm guessing they'll wait until there are enough for yet another 12-episode season, which will take a few months (a new manga chapter comes out once a month).
dietmangoDec 28, 2012 9:41 PM
Dec 28, 2012 11:49 PM

Sep 2008
oh well, just like i tought it would end, nothing new, but still way too funny, that rito, ive been reading this manga since the end of the original TLR anime, so i can say: i cant belive this is still so damm hilariousand since the nippl...i mean the new characters appeared, this has been way better
so in my opinion, graet finale and waiting for more anime adaptation, and maybe somewhere in the future, mikan´s nipples
DesolateOne said:

i have been waiting so much for that face animated, i took out my SAO ep25 endart wallpaper for this face =)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 29, 2012 1:37 AM

Nov 2008
I would have liked to see master nemesis at least once in this season^^
Oh well, I'll just have to wait a bit for the next... probably...
Dec 29, 2012 1:52 AM
Dec 2011
lol that "bukkake"finale
Dec 29, 2012 2:35 PM
Dec 2010
i love to see this episode on a bluray version lol
Dec 29, 2012 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
I remember this episode in the manga!!! I'm glad that they didn't go original ending!!! The VMC guys....lol....at the head or leader of the club and they added Kirito's voice from Sword Art Online!!!!

I thought animating the VMC chapter is a bad idea, but this isn't as bad as it look!! Good episode by the way!!!

I'm looking forward to season 2 of To Love Ru Darkness!!!

For those who wonder why the sub delay...it's that because one of the guys who did the subtitle from the sub group Pomf is visiting his family!!! They say it will delay until Tuesday!!!

super-otaku said:
can some one tell me where they watched episode 12 i cant find english dubbed or english subbed?

You can't find it, the sub will be delay since one of the sub group Pomf members is on holiday!!! You won't have problem understand this if you read the manga!!! This just based on chapter 17 and 14.5 of To Love Ru Darkness manga!!!!
removed-userDec 30, 2012 6:33 PM
Dec 29, 2012 11:36 PM

Aug 2009
KhanhCPham said:
dietmango said:
We'll probably likely to see a second season of Darkness sometime next year. I haven't seen episode 12 yet, but judging from that yandere face, they pretty much stopped at chapter 17-18 in the manga. And the manga's not even finished yet (it's up at 26).

They're doing 2 chapters in one episode, so they only have enough for 3 or 4 after that. I'm guessing they'll wait until there are enough for yet another 12-episode season, which will take a few months (a new manga chapter comes out once a month).

Many people said that when the season was announced with only 12 chapters made in the manga. I assume the author had the chapters done ahead of time. I hope the series is adapted into completion in this same direction because its so damn endearing. That Momo sucking on Rito's popsicle (literally) is so graphic. =)

Too bad DEM WHITE LINES prevent you from seeing it fully. =P

They should take the series to Planet Deviluke already. But that's just me.
Dec 30, 2012 3:14 AM

Oct 2011
TF subs come out
Dec 30, 2012 5:55 PM

Jan 2008
Momo is the best. Yandere version was awesome as well~!
Dec 30, 2012 6:14 PM

Sep 2012
After watching SAO, kirito's voice is so familiar
C'mon season 4 can't wait!!
Dec 30, 2012 6:31 PM

Aug 2012
Holy shit! That ice-cream & gym scenes... I can't believe I didn't get to see them clearly. :(

Momo FTW!

SEQUEL!?!

Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Dec 30, 2012 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
Marhuto said:
Holy shit! That ice-cream & gym scenes... I can't believe I didn't get to see them clearly. :(

Momo FTW!

SEQUEL!?!

Sent with Mal Updater

Yeah, there will be a second season of To Love Ru Darkness!!! Since the manga is still ongoing!!! Second season is going to be where Nemesis will show up!!!
Dec 30, 2012 7:10 PM

Aug 2012
President_Rias said:
Marhuto said:

Momo FTW!

SEQUEL!?!

Sent with Mal Updater

Yeah, there will be a second season of To Love Ru Darkness!!! Since the manga is still ongoing!!! Second season is going to be where Nemesis will show up!!!

I can't wait.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Dec 30, 2012 7:33 PM
Sep 2012
Great finale. I loved it all the way though out the season. That popsicle delusion was freaking hilarious and WTF?! Kirito is the leader of Momo's club?!

ME WANT NEW SEASON NOW!
Dec 30, 2012 7:35 PM

May 2011
Angry Momo is definitely scary thing there.
Dec 30, 2012 7:42 PM

Aug 2012
Ah that was great lol. Will look forward to another season. Guess i should go read the manga for now ^^
Dec 30, 2012 9:10 PM
Dec 2012
After browsing this forum for a little while, I thought I'd make an account and express my thoughts.

I've been reading a lot of posts lately where members don't associate To LOVEる Darkness with the original To LOVEる and Motto season. I can see why many people would think that way, but it couldn't be farther from the truth. I will admit, I was *worried* about this happening about halfway through Darkness. It really pissed me off.

I do respect everyone's opinions and I enjoy everyone's thoughts, and I think it takes a little analysis to really see the continuity from season 2 to season 3.

When I say I *do* associate To LOVEる Darkness with the previous seasons, it suffices to say that the plot is similar to the previous season and is continuous and that the theme remains the same. One could argue that the entire story is trying to say that hiding one's feelings is futile; it is best to show your true colours.

I'll start off with the story line (plot): Rito starts off unable to act appropriately around girls. It appears he cannot even *talk* to Haruna in the first half of the first season. As things progress, we see him nearly able to confess his love to Haruna (the first important time was in episode 2 of Motto To LOVEる), and he DOES say it in the final episode of Motto. He may have not actually confessed, but the important thing is that he *thought* he was confessing. This shows how dynamic Rito has been. Could he have done anything like that in the first season? Absolutely not. But he *did* do it at the end of the second season. He also confesses his love to Lala, so we already have dealt with Lala and Haruna. The plot is far from complete (i.e., the harem plan is not finished), but it's progressing.

Now on to Darkness. Remember I am trying to illustrate the continuity from the first two seasons to the third one. The plot is clearly similar to the first two seasons; indeed, the harem plan is really taking off. It's not something Rito would have even thought about in season one or two (and he didn't conceive the idea himself anyway), but now at the end of the third season, we see that he does consider it. This not only shows characterization, but also that the plot has not changed at all. The story is about Rito's love for each character and to create a harem for him. This harem plan has remained in place since the first episode of the first season, albeit very subtly at first.

--

Now, to complete my argument, I'll show that the theme is identical and has not changed. Again, hiding your feelings is futile and it is best to express how you feel. Since we have already established the love between Rito, Haruna, and Lala, Rito would have to show his feelings for the other characters. How many times did we see Rito in these kinds of situations with the other characters? The most obvious one is with Yui. She begins to show a liking towards Rito, and they get closer as the season progresses. Even Oshizu explains in episode 4 (or somewhere around there) her realization of Rito's caring side and from there, begins to show an interest in Rito. And of course, Yami. Season one showed her trying to kill Rito on numerous occasions. Season 2 did the same, but it also showed episodes where they were hanging out with one another, getting along. Season 3 starts off the same way, but in the latter half of Darkness, more often do we see Yami *helping* Rito than hurting him (like in OVA 2, where she saves him from falling). Edit; added this important point: What about in the 10th episode when Yami completely opened up to Rito?! How she admitted she wanted to "embrace him"? So each character is beginning to show their *true* feelings towards Rito. I need not argue that Rito's true feelings are coming out. For example, in OVA 2, he admits that Nana has her own charm and he looks at her in a different light (when he talks about the look on her face).

Clearly, Darkness has not diverged at all from the entire story line, and the author is trying to portray the same message as they did in the first two seasons. Thus, I conclude that To LOVEる Darkness can most definitely be associated with the previous seasons, in the exact same manner that Motto To LOVEる can be associated with the first season. They are no different, once you really analyze things. If there is another season, I would not hesitate in calling it a "fourth season" of To LOVEる, as opposed to a "second season" of To LOVEる Darkness.

I personally think it is foolish to say that Darkness is fundamentally different than the previous seasons (I'm getting the idea that a few people think this way). I understand that many people think a certain season is better than another, but that is not the point here. I may have liked one season better than another, but it doesn't change my statements above. Many people have talked about how the first season had too many filler episodes, and was boring at times. I agree, but putting those opinions aside, it doesn't change my overall argument above.

Just to make clear, my post isn't meant to encroach on anyone else's thoughts or beliefs. But this is a damn convincing argument!

So what do you guys think? Too long, didn't read? Or am I on to something?
VEE12Dec 30, 2012 9:16 PM
Dec 30, 2012 9:10 PM

Jan 2011
guess they wanted to go out with a bang i now i see why they saved such a early chapter for the final :P

can't wait for S2!
Dec 30, 2012 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
A long last the Subs Came and I watched the episode. I would say this didnt feel like a Last Episode So Im sure theres no need to worry. A Second Season Is Coming Soon...

Anyways Overall Great Funny Episode and Cant wait for more. xD

Ps. Momo Sucking a popsicle was funny as hell...
Dec 30, 2012 9:51 PM

May 2010
Gonna miss this show even tho the bar kill at some of the ronchy but somehow it made so of the stuff even more roncher like the ice cream scene XD, this show never had dull moment. enjoy it the whole way, stayed true to the end, this show need a 2nd season, i want to know about Yami and Tear some more since there story is quite finished along with Mea and her Master, Btw the 2nd season will need more Lala since she hella funny when ever she on screen. Till this day this whole Series will go down as one of my favorite ecchi of all time.

10/10
Dec 30, 2012 10:25 PM

Oct 2011
That was hot as hell. There better be another season or I'm gonna be disappointed. So many more that they can cover!

10/10
Dec 30, 2012 10:39 PM
Apr 2010
9/10 Nothing to be said except good ecchi. :)

Momo Showcase time!

Dec 30, 2012 11:31 PM

Dec 2011
I knew it'll all going to this.
It didn't have a conclusive ending, but I still enjoyed the To Love Ru series.

7/10 for me!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2012 11:56 PM
Apr 2010
Fiji said:
I knew it'll all going to this.
It didn't have a conclusive ending, but I still enjoyed the To Love Ru series.

7/10 for me!

It's been very faithful to the manga so far. Though I've forgotten if they've changed up the chronology. Oh well.
Dec 31, 2012 1:55 AM

Jan 2011
Well that's a good spot to stop it, but come on we all know that we need another season to see Nemesis animated.
Dec 31, 2012 2:06 AM

Jun 2012
This was a great episode.

I am glad to see some character development for Momo. I wish things would have ended more definitively but this was still a fantastic show.

I really wanted the kiss in the shed with Momo to be real.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 31, 2012 2:22 AM

Jun 2008
Is there anything to say?

This anime has Momo.....one of the greatest characters ever created.

My only "regret" is that To Love Ru Darkness isn't all about her.

Yeah, Yami, Mikan, and Yui are great too, but Momo is all you need.

9/10......First two BD episodes are out and Uncensored TLR Darkness is absolute gold!
Dec 31, 2012 2:24 AM

Oct 2011
amazing episode.. i love momo in this episode. hopefully this will get a second season
Dec 31, 2012 5:04 AM
Jan 2011
Oh Momo you dirty little bitch now we know how you guys from Deviluke masturbates.

VMC, oh dear looks like Momo has a groupie, is just me or does their logo looks like an ass?

Oh shit this anime ended with Rito still being a pussy around his harem.
Dec 31, 2012 5:39 AM

Feb 2010
Nasty001 said:
[...]now we know how you guys from Deviluke masturbates.

This.
Dec 31, 2012 5:52 AM
Nov 2012
Man, ecchi and hentai aside, you can really tell Momo is deeply in love with that lucky Rito.
Dec 31, 2012 7:14 AM

Jul 2009
SO glad they animated this chapter! Momo is so moe it hurts
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Dec 31, 2012 7:43 AM
Jul 2018
Ahh i was so sad it ended like that ;_;

But omg Momo kissing Rito <333 even if it wasn't for real it's probably the only actual kiss scene we saw the entire season.

I'm disapointed it ended like this though ;_; i guess it's time to read the manga and hope for a second season and re-watch the entire season when all the blu-rays are out c:
Dec 31, 2012 11:15 AM

Feb 2011
Oh my god, my sides during the Popsicle scene.
Holy shit haha.

Dec 31, 2012 11:53 AM

Jul 2010
A very annoying fan club and some very hot scenes in this episode. And dammit I actually though Rito changed and took the initiative for the first time ever! Sadly it was all just Momo's imagination. To think Momo would actually get a little startled when he grabbed her shoulder!

Overall a great third season. 7/10

Dec 31, 2012 2:17 PM

Dec 2010
Didn't like ending this with the stupid fan club episode but well its not like they have many appearances in the manga, they almost make Haruna look like a main character again with how worthless there few appearances are, so getting this out of the way may not have been a bad way to go. The censoring of course was annoying but i got use to it and enjoyed the story (yes i did say the story), can only hope that sales do well enough for a season 2 because in a few seasons time their should be more then enough manga material for a season 2, this adaption was great since it was so faithful to the manga, i honestly look forward to seeing the latest chapters animated.
Dec 31, 2012 3:52 PM
Jul 2018
InfiniteDestiny said:
Didn't like ending this with the stupid fan club episode but well its not like they have many appearances in the manga, they almost make Haruna look like a main character again with how worthless there few appearances are, so getting this out of the way may not have been a bad way to go. The censoring of course was annoying but i got use to it and enjoyed the story (yes i did say the story), can only hope that sales do well enough for a season 2 because in a few seasons time their should be more then enough manga material for a season 2, this adaption was great since it was so faithful to the manga, i honestly look forward to seeing the latest chapters animated.

Yeah, ending the series with the fan club episode is such a bad idea, but not a bad episode!!! I'm looking forward to the second season of To Love Ru Darkness!!!
Dec 31, 2012 6:32 PM

Nov 2007
Aw, Momo loves Rito so much.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 31, 2012 6:58 PM

Jan 2011
Second season ASAP please. I know I'm going to have to wait for more manga chapters to be complete, but I just wish the process would move faster.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 31, 2012 11:42 PM

Feb 2012
Yoshitsugu voicing the head of the fanclub made me lol~ I'm really not used to it :D

And here I thought the story will come to an end... this one was completely unrelated to last episode's plot. Is the manga really just up to this point?

And some hot scene as always :) Made me lol when they showed Rito's magnetism is really effective.
Dec 31, 2012 11:45 PM

Oct 2011
HauntingShock said:
Yoshitsugu voicing the head of the fanclub made me lol~ I'm really not used to it :D

And here I thought the story will come to an end... this one was completely unrelated to last episode's plot. Is the manga really just up to this point?

And some hot scene as always :) Made me lol when they showed Rito's magnetism is really effective.

No the manga has more story. A major event happens.

Manga hasn't finished yet
Dec 31, 2012 11:49 PM

Feb 2012
Iasuru said:
HauntingShock said:

No the manga has more story. A major event happens.

Manga hasn't finished yet

I see. So... couldn't they just adapt that "major event" for a second season and leave the following events for a 3rd season? Or they can't since it's still not complete and enough for a 1-cour?
Jan 1, 2013 1:39 AM
Nov 2012
I watched it liked it but is this really it for the series?This season was really great and the 12th episode was really good. I just really hope this isn't the end for darkness.
archangel93Jan 1, 2013 1:50 AM
Jan 1, 2013 1:39 AM

Jan 2012
Can't wait for a next season with nemesis. Now waiting for the Blu-rays, does anybody knows if the Blu-rays have any specials?
Jan 1, 2013 10:22 AM

Jul 2009
Interesting that they left
off the stat sheet at the beginning... maybe it's harder to get away with that on TV?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2012

156 by Beerster »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:36 AM

» does anybody know the ost in ep 11 at around 21:20

Mowskyie - Aug 15, 2023

5 by removed-user »»
Aug 17, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2012

64 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 6, 2023 6:18 AM

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

74 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 6, 2023 5:35 AM

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

82 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 6, 2023 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.