Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2012 8:20 AM

Jul 2012
Either this anime is underrated or something although it's ranked 240 something there aren't many replies on Jormungand threads I wonder why? Even though K is ranked waaay lower it got far more replies after its finale compared to this
Dec 28, 2012 8:28 AM

Nov 2010
Probably one of the worst endings I've seen... A 2 year frame isn't enough for the whole damn world to start a civil war while "The US and Soviet Union maintain a peculiar balance." Jonah's reunion with the group was barely even touching given he only left last episode. The effects and consequences of Jormungand weren't even shown. Everything about this ending was just so lazily written, open-ended or not.

7/10 overall for the second season. Didn't enjoy it as much as the first and the ending is just so forgettable.
Dec 28, 2012 9:13 AM

Jan 2011
Jormungand was a good blend of guns guns guns action and somewhat of moral message. I didn't really expect the latter to be as prominent. As the season progressed the show switched gears imo to focus more on this message than the run and gun action.

I'll miss this series. It was pretty damn legit. A good modern action show was enjoyable to have come about.
Dec 28, 2012 12:50 PM
Jan 2012
7/10 The anime was good except for the Jormungand plan itself. Anyone who thinks that stopping aerial travel would solve problems is beyond naive. End was rushed as well. I think Kasper was probably the most realistic person in the end, because he knows that fighting is human nature, to assume otherwise takes a great amount of ignorance.
Dec 28, 2012 1:27 PM

Mar 2009
no no no this cant be the end.
Dec 28, 2012 1:57 PM

Sep 2012
This was a fun series. The first season was kind of a chore to watch, the 2nd season had much more flow to it.

I wish there was more Lehm in S2. ;_;

Lehm was such a great character! He got a lot of spotlight, but still I wish there was more. Everyone else was great, though!

All in all I'm glad I stuck with Jormungand. Not my favorite of the year, but it was a lot of fun.
Dec 28, 2012 2:01 PM
Aug 2011
Overall I enjoyed this a little less than the first season and some episodes earlier in the series felt a little draggy for me.
Since I gave the first season an 8 I will give this one a 7/10.

I do still love Koko, Jonah and Valmet though.
Will miss those crazy mofos.
Dec 28, 2012 2:40 PM

Dec 2012
I like the ending as a concept, but hate the execution. I don't care where the manga ended, I wanted to see Jormungand in action dammit! I wanted to see all the characters' reactions to Jormungand's activation, not to some random wind from Lutz's ass.

Planes falling, airports in disarray, breaking news reports, entire militaries halted, random doomsdayers spouting about God's vengeance ~ cut to Koko's smirking face "keikaku doori" END

Yet, the execution of the ending didn't affect my score.
First season: 9/10.
Second season: 8/10

Valmet almost earned a spot on my favorites list last season, she made it this season.
redinsideDec 28, 2012 4:17 PM
Dec 28, 2012 3:24 PM

Jun 2010
I expected more from the ending. Really wanted to see Jormungand activated. Well, if that's where the Manga ended then I guess it's acceptable

Story - 8/10
Art - 7/10
Animation -7/10
Sound - 100000000/10 Godly OSTs.

Overall Enjoyment - 8/10
I wanted more but... Oh well, a bit anti-climatic.
Dec 28, 2012 5:20 PM

Jan 2011
whoa at the start all i could think in my head was *it's the end of the world as we know it!* glad everything kinda worked out in the end and everyone's back together poor chiquita lol

it was an nice ending i just kinda expected something big and crazy plus they teased us with that ending i want to see Kokos new world! to bad i won't :(.

9/10 for me
Dec 28, 2012 8:53 PM
Nov 2008
So was I the only one who was underwhelmed? When you build up the Jormungand plan that much, an open ending is the last thing I want to see. I felt like the two year jump should have happened after the activation, not as some random jump which results in effectively no character development. Seriously, the most interesting thing that happened after two years was Koko cut her hair. I would have loved to see even just a glimpse of the future, but I feel like they ended it at the worst possible moment.
Dec 28, 2012 9:20 PM

Jan 2011
10/10 Characters

10/10 music

10/10 story

10/10 Loko

10/10 anime

10/10 overall.
[center]
Dec 28, 2012 9:38 PM
Dec 2012
Jormungand Perfect order has a series was amazing. The Characters were amazing, and they someone explained each characters background, and how they ended up with Koko. The soundtrack was amazing. I keep finding myself listening to the song played at the end of episode 10. I am somewhat disappointed that the manga didn't go further so the anime would continue. I mean I wanted to see what the creators of Jormungand think would happen if humanity suddenly lost their access to the sky. I mean Jormungand: New world, sounds catchy doesn't it. But overall this series was amazing 9/10.
Dec 29, 2012 3:49 AM

Nov 2012
dammit show me the new world, koko!

Dec 29, 2012 4:08 AM

Feb 2012
I was expecting a better ending,oh well,6/10 for the series.
Dec 29, 2012 8:14 AM

Dec 2008
VioLink said:
10/10 Characters

10/10 music

10/10 story

10/10 Loko

10/10 anime

10/10 overall.

Pretty much this.
Dec 29, 2012 12:38 PM

May 2010
World gone to shit and Kasper still want to sell weapons lol, anyways there gotta be a 3rd season they just cant leave us hanging for this time, Koko New world, that what i wanna see.

10/10
Dec 29, 2012 12:41 PM

Oct 2011
Decent anime for me. I still think Black Lagoon is better than this.

6/10

Dec 29, 2012 1:43 PM

Nov 2008
the complete adaption of the manga to anime... it was a fun series to watch - and overall a nice open ending leaving much to the imagination while giving a decent amount of detail also. And the OST continued to be quite enjoyable throughout the series. and the Art style fit the adaption (similar to its manga art style)
Dec 29, 2012 1:52 PM
Apr 2011
After all that hype they give us an open ending? That's pretty stupid and bad. But the series overall was a fun watch. S3 is very much needed otherwise this anime fails.
Dec 29, 2012 2:04 PM

Apr 2011
Saddens me people are saying no third season because the ED is were the manga left off. I have faith there will be a third season cause I want more KokoxJohan. Overall I give this season a 8 out of 10.
Dec 29, 2012 2:18 PM

Feb 2008
The world definitely degraded in those two years... I loved the way they handled the Arab spring and the Eurozone crisis.

Not an explosive ending, but still a pretty solid one. Probably my favourite anime of the year.
Dec 29, 2012 5:02 PM

Jul 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this series. Great anime and a pretty good ending.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 29, 2012 6:50 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Meh, easy cop-out open ending.

Shame? Really? Humans know no shame.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 29, 2012 7:05 PM
Dec 2012
uck her brother was the only logical one:take away jets then we'll attack with battleships.take away battleships then we'll attack with tanks.take away tanks then we'll attack with guns.take away guns then we'll attack with swords. seriously pick up a dam history book

her solution "they look look into the sky and be shamed about what was taken away and stop fighting because their ashamed"....ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? they wouldn't be shammed they would be colossally PISSED OFF and start gunning for your tyrant ass.

god i just got reminded of every goddam hippie dumbass that ever said "stop fighting" like its the easiest thing in the world.

i literally JUST joined this site just for that rant thats how absurdly stupid this is.
Dec 29, 2012 7:16 PM

Feb 2012
Meh, didn't like the ending.

The whole Jormungand idea was kinda ridiculous anyway. Humans will always fight. It's in our nature. Koko's brother explained it perfectly.

7/10 for me.
Dec 30, 2012 1:40 AM

Apr 2011
Great ending to such an awesome series. BUT GOD DAMN IT I WANTY A THIRD SEASON! Not enough loco without Koko around. D:
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Dec 30, 2012 4:21 AM

Aug 2012
great anime in general, but I would have liked a more closed ending... anyway, 9/10 from me ^_^
Dec 30, 2012 7:35 AM

Oct 2008
After all the hype with Jormungand, the plan, the quantum computer, they ended it with a boring episode full of monologue, I don't get it. All previous episodes were great, too bad I can't give it a really high score.
Dec 30, 2012 10:16 AM
Oct 2007
Odd episode, but seemed to fit in with the show. I want more Schokolade, I always thought she was funny. Was it just me or did the boobs in this show seem to get bigger by the episode?
Dec 30, 2012 5:32 PM

Jan 2012
Its not just the air she wil dominate. When jormungang was demonstrated the first time, it showed how it could mess with the GPS and communications of ground units too, like when Seals ended up near the cuban base. Naval warfare would be useless without any form of GPS or radar systems. She could scramble all the cordinates and maps of any naval fleet. Anything that would rely on a GPS system would be a target. The only reason she restricts the air is because of the risk of losing the jormungand satalite.

I thought it was a brilliant series, and a good ending! Still... i wouldnt mind seeing season 3. I cant get enough of this series.
Dec 30, 2012 10:29 PM

Jul 2011
I can't believe this is over! sad! so sad...
Dec 31, 2012 3:25 AM

Jul 2010
that ending felt so awkward. i thought jonah was having a dream.

Dec 31, 2012 6:35 PM

Feb 2010
the Ending was kinda off for me but overall the series was really good 8/10.
Jan 1, 2013 1:37 AM
Sep 2012
dashiawia said:
Decent anime for me. I still think Black Lagoon is better than this.

6/10

I gotta agree with you there. I have never cared for open endings. Black Lagoon blows this out of the water in a big way.

On another note though am I the only one here that wanted Jonah to completely reject Koko's ideology at the very end. Not to mention that hamfisted way he reunites with the group is lame.
Jan 1, 2013 6:07 PM
Sep 2009
I'm dissapointed...
Jonah got over it really fast and cheasy reunion at the end didn't really do it for me =/
Kasper also blew whole Koko plan to bits. As he said, nothing stops humanity from shipping and creating swords again. War will never stop. Koko will basically sacrifice 700 000 people for nothing.

And I really think that they should've showed at leas one air plane falling down. I actually expecedt to see one of thme crashing behind Jonah's back as he went through desert. That would make a far better ending. To add cheesiness they could have the group in shadows waiting for him.
Jan 1, 2013 6:35 PM

Nov 2012
Ugh needs a 3rd season right now!!!!! I want to see the New World!!!!!

Wonder when the official soundtrack will be out because I can't have enough of those tunes. The song use during the end credits was chilling and brought out with its calm beat.

9/10 for me

*EDIT

Figure out the ED song for this episode its call "Your Rainbow"
AnimeForDummiesJan 1, 2013 7:10 PM
Jan 1, 2013 7:49 PM

Feb 2010
Really... just quality all around.

I loved this.... and I'm dying to see the "new world"!
Jan 1, 2013 10:47 PM

Mar 2009
Ehhh. Ending was ultimately lackluster. In fact, the recent string of episodes really couldn't compete with the first half of this season. Everything just...slowed down, almost to a halt. The ending was so abrupt that I questioned whether or not the manga was cancelled before the author could finish the story. Who knows, though.

Still, I watched Jormungand for its quirky cast of characters, despite some of them not sharing the spotlight this season. Valmet, for one. She's such a cool character, so it was a shame to see her pushed to the background. Great stuff with Kasper, Chequita, R, and Hex, however. On that note, I still miss Hex. And I'm still pissed that they killed her off. =(

All in all, Jormungand was a fun and entertaining ride, with an interesting group of characters. And I'll definitely miss them all.
Jan 1, 2013 10:53 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm. Kasper's talk about being a weapon's dealer for life no matter was sweet :p

Good shit. Liked this series. I wonder would the author ever make a direct sequel? It would be very interesting to say the least. Specially if it also gets animated too ^^
Jan 1, 2013 11:02 PM
May 2011
Awesome series overall. Loved almost every aspect of it. Though the ending was a little underwhelming, after letting it sink in for a while, it made more sense and an ambiguous ending was the right ending for this series.

However, I feel that a quantum computer controlling the world's skies won't actually end all wars. Even air combat. Judging from what I saw, Jormungand only controls computerized navigation and GPS. Bigger wars were fought without such technological aid. You can still fly a plane without a GPS.

Koko had good intentions but I feel that something like that wouldn't really change much.
Jan 3, 2013 3:43 AM

Dec 2008
Unsatisfying and corny ending and I though the first season was better. 6/10.
Jan 3, 2013 3:49 AM

Dec 2012
The first season was okay. I needed a push to finish it lol. While second season made it all sense to me. I'm just disappointed at the ending, I mean, everything is freaking cool. I'm amazed what the jormungand can do especially those have a taste of it scene then.. I'm starting to be amused by koko but then.. At the ending.. Not even a glimpse lol unless if they plan to have season 3?
Jan 3, 2013 6:09 PM

Mar 2011
I feel like this anime just pulled off a Mass Effect 3...Jormungand was a good anime but it was working itself towards activating Jormungand. I feel completely let down and it has affected my opinion for this anime negatively. What was it all for if we don't see it?
Jan 3, 2013 6:39 PM

Oct 2010
Might as well leave a short comment since I might not have the time for this.

The series was amazing in action and weaponry. It did a great job portraying special teams albeit not at their IRL bests.

Appreciated the following,

A nice last shot of Kasper and indeed the setup/execution with Jonahs and him was perfect. I most liked seeing the kids he saved once again for Jonahs.

The quantum computer is a insane conspiracy. Quite interesting but in the wrong hands it can change a lot. Now it’s in space so the satellite essentially shows the SNAKE that infests and is grasping Earth under its control. Perhaps the creator was trying to convey space supremacy = World Domination. Well to no surprise Russia and USA are the ones with most of them so World Domination is quite a reality with them. As much USA going to foreign countries as a excuse to steal their resources to Russia making back end deals to oust USA out of them countries. Regardless the weaponry was fantastically rendered and the creator must be some army freak or lover or passionate about it cause you can’t make this if you are not. From the A-10 to the F-15 to Mi 24, I can attest all were nicely rendered from S1 to S2. That B-52 and them bomb dropping on Hex. GLORIOUS but sad still. Well done really.

Finally among all the guys Wilee had the best one in the spoiler
and always did. Liked him the most since his past was revealed as I had friends that were in his profession and not I learned there was someone in my family that was a sapper in the army. All the more to like Wilee there.

Apart from the episode the season was solid with more service, action and drama that made me TT_TT for Hex! POOR HER! May she R.I.P. Hex really influenced me a lot. R’s death not so much. This season is really a 9/10 while the other one goes down 8/10. This season making me emotional means a lot to me in the scoring. HEX MAN! Still depressed thinking about her so I shall stop there.

Final score is 9/10! Sadly I don't have enough time to say all but really great series in terms of army/action.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 3, 2013 7:23 PM

Feb 2010
I really liked this anime. I think it ended quite well. Unfortunately I don't see much room for yet a 3rd season. If there was it would mean that her "new" world failed like Kasper said it would. I like leaving it at that and letting us decide: would it actually work in ending all war?

Personally I doubt that it would... I think Kasper is right.
Jan 3, 2013 11:49 PM
Aug 2012
Am I the only one who seriously wanted to see Jonah/Lutz/Kasper/possibly Lehm put a stop to Koko's insane plan? Her plan is a complete failure and will cost more lives than it will save.

Ever heard of TRENCH WARFARE? Yeah, the kind of warfare that racked up the kill count in WW1, that's making a comeback without air support. And all modern ships/infantry (not sure about planes) are trained to operate without GPS or anything, it's not hard, just not as convenient. ALSO, it won't be long before the US, NUSSR, or some other semi-developed country build a missile that's off "the grid" and blow Koko's computer out of orbit.

She progressed to a near lunatic at the end of the series, refusing to accept that her plan is futile and saying "SOMEHOW NOT BEING ABLE TO USE SOME MODERN AERIAL EQUIPMENT WILL SHAME US SO BAD WE'LL STOP FIGHTING OVER WATER AND BE PEACEFUL". Completely in denial.

Koko was supposedly vastly wealthy, if she wanted to actually help the world and not just fulfill her god fantasies, she could have industrialized the world and abolished countries/borders. She could have raised an army of people or something and used Jormungand to just disable military equipment. She could build plants to turn salt water into drinkable water. She could done so much more, if she wasn't stuck on some irrational delusion bred from her hatred of humanity.

Instead of creating a new world that will be peaceful and kind, she just threw it into the mud, where it'll be more filthy than ever before.
Jan 4, 2013 2:36 AM

Aug 2010
So killing a few hundred thousand innocent people and taking away technology will create world peace. Good thing there were no wars or thing like that before 1900. Good old peaceful Roman Empire days eh?

Anticlamatic, though at least they went for a morally ambiguous ending and that's more than most shows dare to do. Too bad I actually wanted the protagonists to lose this time.

3/5 because of how they ended it, but a 7/10 for the season. It was really enjoyable, especially until the end. A shame Jonah or Lehm (I actually had hopes for him) didn't do something. Or even Kasper, loved the stand-off between him and Koko.
Jan 4, 2013 11:30 PM

Jun 2012
That was a cool episode, and a great way to end the episode (activating Jormungand). I think two years passing by in one episode was a lot, but I guess the major point was that World War 3 was nearly ready to begin, with all of the civil wars and chaos in every country. Still, considering that, there wasn't much action in this episode, I guess they had no time for it. I think the ending could have been more epic tbh.

Still, this series was great, although I may feel that as it progressed, the action wasn't as good. The first few episodes of S1 were cool; but, by S2, it focused a lot on the plot (organizations, people, etc.), so I think there wasn't as much action as I wanted and more talking. With that said, when there was action, it was amazing. It may even end up as one of my favorites, going to in-depth with organizations and such.
I hope to see Koko and her unit in a season 3 someday, I'm sure we'd all like to see Jormungand and its effects (kind of ironic that the ending of the series is the activation/beginning of Jormungand).
5/5.

Jan 5, 2013 1:00 AM

Apr 2009
Terrible, terrible ending.
It felt like the author really believed in Koko's plan and story-wise sacrificed everything in order to make it happen.
1). No conflict. Which is ironical in a show about guns and wars. But really, no one actually opposed Koko in a meaningful way, on a contrary, everyone around was happy to help or at least not to stand on her way: all of her regular hired guns were fine with the plan, Curry happily retired, elder woman dealer was happy to join, CIA guys were useless, J. Black switched his side, that glassed guy has been taken out of the game no problem, Kasper decided he's fine either way, old daddy Hekmatyar was not even there and Jonathan crawled back on his knees in the end after two years of uncertainty he used to do nothing of importance. The only character to criticize Jormungand plan in an intelligent way was Kasper, but again he was not against it.
2). Jormungand is in god mode. This problem naturally flows from the first one, but not only. Jormungand system is simply overpowered from the start, watching how it owns everyone around is as fun as watching Superman beating the crap out of a two weeks years old puppy. Not all that exited.
3). Two years jump into the future to justify the plan. That's cheating. If you want to do a statement, you can't use cheap tactics like that as an author. Koko states there will be a WW3 soon enough, the world of the show is basically our own world so her words are a warning to us, the viewers. But we can't be sure she is right (actually there are a lot of evidence around proving that she is not). That brings some extra ambiguousness to Koko's actions. And then all this ambiguousness is killed with a cheat: here is your two years fast forward, wars everywhere, Koko was 100% right, shut up. Yeah...

On top of that, Jormungand plan itself is a joke. People will stop fighting out of shame? What kind of bullshit is this, that's ridiculous! Also I predict instead of shame people will be simply pissed off of cause. Not to mention Koko herself told us WW3 will be not about oil, but about drinking water. Now let's pretend she was able to stop the war (which she was not, but let's pretend), so now people are not gonna die from weapons and can happily die from thirst and hunger instead. Way to go treating symptoms of the disease instead of it's cause. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Also she effectively halted all space programs around the world, so no colonisation of Mars and other alike brave scientific programs for humanity. Instead of being anti-war Koko's plan simply stinks technophobia and lunatism.

Season two went from 9/10 to 5/10 for me with a final like this.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2012

174 by pburner2 »»
Apr 5, 9:31 AM

» I have another reason why Koko may do what she does.

Inudrew - Jan 8

0 by Inudrew »»
Jan 8, 11:30 PM

» Such a bad ending!

Error_inscript - Apr 5, 2018

7 by Inudrew »»
Jan 8, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2012

67 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:49 PM

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2012

69 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 14, 2023 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.