Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 7, 2012 2:05 AM

Jan 2011
Well after reading about all the hype and accolade for Steins;Gate I decided to start watching it. For me I've had to drag myself through the first 5 episodes trying to get into it but so far I've found no interest whatsoever. The episodes seem to drag and I've even resorted to reading episode synopses ahead. So has it been like this for anyone else?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 7, 2012 2:15 AM

Jun 2007
Sunyko said:
Well after reading about all the hype and accolade for Steins;Gate I decided to start watching it. For me I've had to drag myself through the first 5 episodes trying to get into it but so far I've found no interest whatsoever. The episodes seem to drag and I've even resorted to reading episode synopses ahead. So has it been like this for anyone else?

The first entire half of the series is character introduction and development meant to set the tone and pacing a certain way to give the viewer a false sense of comfortability, the actual plot doesn't get moving until around episode 13. There's a drastic change in everything from the general air about the show and pacing to the entire story and characters at that point.

However, more importantly than anything else; if you aren't enjoying a show, stop watching it. If you force yourself to continue it WON'T payoff if you hate it so much you're not even watching episodes and just spoiling them for yourself by reading synopsis (which, in turn, will no doubt make every single episode that much more boring as you already know what happens).

It's a show meant to come off as a much more normal laid back series than what it becomes - but honestly if you're to such a hilariously low level of interest after only 5 episodes you really should drop it. You'll ruin it for yourself and be sure to not enjoy it by forcing yourself through - even if you end up liking it later on. If you REALLY want to watch it some day, put it off for now and start again some day down the line. But at this point you'll get nothing but disappointment or an "it was okay I guess" at best if you keep going through watching a show you clearly can't stand whatsoever.
Dec 7, 2012 4:07 AM

Dec 2009
Just drop it. Not everything is for everyone.
Dec 7, 2012 8:10 AM

Jun 2010
Most of the people encountered that when they started Steins;Gate ( Including me ). Just continue watching it, shit will get real in the second half.
Dec 7, 2012 8:38 AM
Jun 2012
j4x said:
Just drop it. Not everything is for everyone.

^This.

While I think it's a quality title, I also thought Steins;Gate was boring as fuck, even after the supposedly "good" second half. Different strokes.
Dec 7, 2012 8:42 AM

Dec 2009
Please try to survive your hardest till episode 13.
I didn't hate it at first, I knew it was interesting and I do admit that it first I felt like... "whens the good part going to come out?"

but once it episode 13 you'll maybe love it if its in your taste, I know I did as many others.
Dec 7, 2012 8:55 AM
Oct 2011
I dropped it a couple of times myself, but things get really interesting after episode 13. The series as a whole has some dull, repetitive and meaningless episodes, but the episodes that have interesting stuff are really great. S;G also has one of the best last episodes I've ever seen.
Candor123Dec 7, 2012 8:59 AM
Dec 7, 2012 9:44 AM

May 2012
Obvious troll is obvious.
Dec 7, 2012 9:47 AM

Aug 2012
One of the redeeming qualities of steins gate has got to be the romance, In fact towards the end the romance was so well developed that it in my opinion surpassed the plot. I actually didn't find the plot to be too amazing, it was pretty good, but also pretty predictable and painfully repetitive at times. Steins gate was about the romance for me, in fact its the best romance I've seen yet, surpassing even animes whose main focus is romance.
Dec 7, 2012 1:17 PM

Jan 2011
Thanks for the replies guys. Think I'll drop the series :/
Not much in it for me
Dec 8, 2012 12:22 AM
Apr 2012
still my favorite anime ever! nothing comes close...nothing was boring...sorry
Dec 8, 2012 5:33 AM

May 2012
Sunyko said:
Not much in it for me
Enjoy your One Piece -_-
Dec 8, 2012 10:04 AM

Nov 2010
IcecreamManwich said:
Sunyko said:
Not much in it for me
Enjoy your One Piece -_-
>Implying there's something wrong with watching One Piece.
Dec 8, 2012 2:34 PM

Jan 2011
It's just boring as fuck for me. Up to episode 9 too hard to watch
Dec 8, 2012 2:37 PM

Jun 2007
Sunyko said:

Seriously, if you don't enjoy a show just drop it. Just because a lot of other people like it doesn't mean you need to. Anime is all about entertainment, so if something isn't entertaining you just drop that shit and find something more suited to your tastes.

I know a lot of people try to force themselves to like things because how popular or well liked in general they are, but if you make yourself deal with shows for that you'll end up feeling like anime is a chore and not enjoying it anymore.
Dec 8, 2012 2:45 PM

Dec 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
Sunyko said:

Seriously, if you don't enjoy a show just drop it. Just because a lot of other people like it doesn't mean you need to. Anime is all about entertainment, so if something isn't entertaining you just drop that shit and find something more suited to your tastes.

I know a lot of people try to force themselves to like things because how popular or well liked in general they are, but if you make yourself deal with shows for that you'll end up feeling like anime is a chore and not enjoying it anymore.

I disagree to that. Some animes if you go to it till the end sometimes you start loving for it for what it is.
And then on your first rewatch you'll enjoy it a lot more because you already know that you love it now and that its actually good even if you weren't interested in the beginning.
Dec 9, 2012 6:44 PM
Oct 2012
I don't blame you, took maybe 15 episodes or something for me to get into it, when all the action really starts happening. It's up for you if you wanna get bored to death till this happens, since by the every looks of it, this show is more or less meant for adults with a great deal of patience.
Dec 9, 2012 9:49 PM
Dec 2012
Steins;Gate is my favorite anime. After watching about 30 others, nothing compared to Steins;Gate in my eyes. Don't give up on it. I actually watched the first 5 episodes and then stopped for a week. After that I had nothing better to do and I watched the rest. I couldn't stop at one point. I finished the other 20 episodes in 2 days. Yes, it is that amazing to me. If I could pick an anime to place at the top for Romance, this would be it. Nothing will ever be as awesome as Steins;Gate in my heart…nothing...
Dec 10, 2012 8:20 PM

Aug 2012
PFFFT 20 episodes! I stayed up to 5am to finish this thing in a day, TOOOOOO EPIC!
Dec 10, 2012 8:23 PM

Dec 2010
Sorry to hear you're dropping it. Perhaps if you were around to watch it each week as it was airing you would have had a different feeling about it. There were many great discussions going on which made it entertaining the whole way.

If you do decide to go back to watching Steins;Gate, you should at least watch up to episode 13.

Dec 10, 2012 8:24 PM

Oct 2012
I was into it from the beginning because I loved the whole uncover a conspiracy angle. But if I found it to be boring as fuck, and someone told me to watch until episode 13, I probably wouldn't do it. Sure, there's a huge twist, but if you're not into it at all, then you probably won't care in the second half either.

I've never ever watched an anime to the end and found it growing on me. There are several that I hated from the beginning, but forced myself to finish, and I still hated it at the end.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 10, 2012 8:28 PM

Oct 2012
I mean I could understand...I think.

It's like me and LoGH, it's probably not my cup of tea. I think it's because I want some mystery at hand rather than it being spelled right in-front me...and the lack of cliffhangers makes the watch not marathon worthy to me.

Katsucats: "I was into it from the beginning because I loved the whole uncover a conspiracy angle."

Same here.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 10, 2012 8:30 PM

Aug 2012
Gotta agree with the guys above me, the factors that made steins gate so amazing for me was Okabe's personality + Epic romance, and both were evident in the first half so I didn't really have a problem with the characters just screwing around as long as I got to see Okabe scream obnoxiously.
Although the plot does pick up later into the series, it isn't the star in the series.
If your a steins gate fan, you should know from the beggining
Dec 13, 2012 7:07 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
giving this anime one more chance, gonna complete to the end...but i'll be merciless if it turns out a waste of time! Was really hard to get into it, art is bleh also, but i wanna know what people see in this, so.....lets see if it really deserves to be rated that high.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 15, 2012 12:19 PM

Mar 2009
I dropped this show after 7 episodes when it originally aired. Recently I came back to it. I finished it and it earned a 10 score. The first half sets the mood and the 2nd half mind fucks you. That's the best way I can describe it.
Dec 15, 2012 12:21 PM

Sep 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
IcecreamManwich said:
Sunyko said:
Not much in it for me
Enjoy your One Piece -_-
He was probably refeirng to how it takes 60 episodes of one piece to get good which he stuck with, as appossed to the 12 episodes it does for steins which he quit. Which is a very valid point.

Its like me complaining about waiting or steins to get good is too long yet i sat through the horrendous start of gintama....which i did.....god damn that started sucked

Hell steins gate is significantly easier to sit through as the start is legitimently quite funny and entertaining, it probably noly seems harder just cause people go in with the mind set of "come on 9.00+ score show, lets see what you got" and are expecting the things you get in the 2nd half from the start
JizzyHitlerDec 15, 2012 12:26 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 15, 2012 1:25 PM

Nov 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
IcecreamManwich said:
Sunyko said:
Not much in it for me
Enjoy your One Piece -_-
He was probably refeirng to how it takes 60 episodes of one piece to get good which he stuck with, as appossed to the 12 episodes it does for steins which he quit. Which is a very valid point.

Its like me complaining about waiting or steins to get good is too long yet i sat through the horrendous start of gintama....which i did.....god damn that started sucked

Hell steins gate is significantly easier to sit through as the start is legitimently quite funny and entertaining, it probably noly seems harder just cause people go in with the mind set of "come on 9.00+ score show, lets see what you got" and are expecting the things you get in the 2nd half from the start
It doesn't take One Piece 60 episodes to get good though, and obviously there has to be something that you like no matter how small it is to stay with an anime. If we go by what you're saying then he found nothing in Steins;Gate good enough to watch 7 more episodes, compared to watching 60 episodes of One Piece for it to get good.

Yes Gintama's start wasn't as good as the rest, and there are a lot of people that expect alot from the higher ranked anime. That may effect the way they treat the anime.

Or he could have looked at the OP's profile, seen that he likes One Piece, an anime that he may not like. And then said "Enjoy your One Piece -_-" as a way of implying that One Piece isn't as good as Steins;Gate. There's always one person in most "I don't like this anime" threads that brings up the shounens as a group of people that won't watch anything good.
Dec 15, 2012 1:28 PM

Sep 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
IcecreamManwich said:
Sunyko said:
Not much in it for me
Enjoy your One Piece -_-

It doesn't take One Piece 60 episodes to get good though, and obviously there has to be something that you like no matter how small it is to stay with an anime. If we go by what you're saying then he found nothing in Steins;Gate good enough to watch 7 more episodes, compared to watching 60 episodes of One Piece for it to get good.

Or he could have looked at the OP's profile, seen that he likes One Piece, an anime that he may not like. And then said "Enjoy your One Piece -_-" as a way of implying that One Piece isn't as good as Steins;Gate. There's always one person in most "I don't like this anime" threads that brings up the shounens as a group of people that won't watch anything good.
Well if you look at his profile the guy has it in his plan to watch so he obviously doesnt hold anything against the show or will use it as an insult

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 15, 2012 1:40 PM
Feb 2012
I wasn't very fond of it to begin with, but boy was I wrong. Give it 14 episodes and if you don't like it by then you should drop it. I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed. It's by far my favorite series.
Dec 15, 2012 1:45 PM

Nov 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Well if you look at his profile the guy has it in his plan to watch so he obviously doesnt hold anything against the show or will use it as an insult
That doesn't prove anything though, he could just be keeping it in there so nobody recommends it to him, or was planning on watching it and doesn't have any plans on ever seeing it.

Either way he didn't specify what he was talking about in his first post, so we don't know.
Dec 19, 2012 3:47 AM

Jan 2011
Wow picked it up again. Was pretty glad I did though it gets a lot better around episode 12-13 :D
Thanks for the replies and making me pick it up
Dec 19, 2012 11:23 AM

Dec 2012
Its no question that the first dozen episodes are a slow wind-up, but what really got me into it was the show's accurately correct points relating to real-world organizations and people. (John Titor & SERN/CERN) I remember reading about the John Titor posts a few years back and when I first heard his name mentioned in the anime I like nerdgasmed a bit lol
Dec 20, 2012 2:41 PM

Oct 2012
Sunyko said:
Wow picked it up again. Was pretty glad I did though it gets a lot better around episode 12-13 :D

Glad you enjoyed it ^^

Now we wait for the movie....

Dec 24, 2012 11:20 AM

May 2012
should have dropped it. was almost as overrated as sao.
Dec 24, 2012 11:25 AM

Nov 2012
Sunyko said:

Make sure not to forget the OVA :) :
Steins;Gate: Oukoubakko no Poriomania
Dec 24, 2012 11:29 AM

Oct 2012
-Atomsk- said:

You say that as if that was a bad thing, which makes no sense considering you gave it a 10/10.

And um, the OP has already finished S;G with a rating of 8/10. What was the point again of this post?

Dec 24, 2012 11:31 AM

Nov 2012
Tavor said:
-Atomsk- said:

You say that as if that was a bad thing, which makes no sense considering you gave it a 10/10.

And um, the OP has already finished S;G with a rating of 8/10? What was the point again of this post?

Trying to start a troll tread. Don't fall in their traps Tavor!
Dec 24, 2012 11:32 AM
Dec 2012
IcecreamManwich said:

So do you assume the guy is a troll just because he doesnt like the same anime as you?

Judging your avatar I could assume that you're another fanboy of moeblob trash too.

@OP: I suggest you to drop it (I don't watch steins;gate) Just because the show is popular does not mean you'd like it. SAO sucked didn't it?

Plus if a show doesn't show its plot within 5 episodes its not worth watching it IMO. (Specially a show with low amount of episodes) Chances are you'll not like it too.
Not_BiasedDec 24, 2012 11:39 AM
Dec 24, 2012 11:35 AM

Oct 2012
RandomPerson2 said:
Tavor said:
-Atomsk- said:

And um, the OP has already finished S;G with a rating of 8/10? What was the point again of this post?

Trying to start a troll tread. Don't fall in their traps Tavor!

Fair enough then, considering the above poster is a lost cause to this thread as well.

Dec 24, 2012 11:36 AM
Jul 2012
Not_Biased said:
IcecreamManwich said:

So do you assume the guy is a troll just because he doesnt like the same anime as you?

Judging your avatar I could assume that you're another fanboy of moeblob trash too.

@OP: I suggest you to drop it (I don't watch steins;gate) Just because the show is popular does not mean you'd like it. SAO sucked didn't it?

Plus if a show doesn't show it's plot within 15 episodes its not worth watching it IMO.

you're an idiot and op already finished the series if you knew how to read.
Dec 24, 2012 11:37 AM

Nov 2012
JavierR said:
Not_Biased said:
IcecreamManwich said:

Plus if a show doesn't show it's plot within 15 episodes its not worth watching it IMO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Dec 24, 2012 12:12 PM

Nov 2010
JavierR said:
Not_Biased said:
IcecreamManwich said:

But really you shouldn't judge people off of their avatar. Don't base all highly popular shows with SAO just to get your point across, which was stupid anways. And that's your own stupid rule, it had enough plot to get itself on the front page of the top list. Watch it before you make those claims.
Jan 2, 2013 11:50 PM

Dec 2012
wow finally decided to watch it and finished , and i really didn't the find the start that boring or hard to get into ( it was easier for me to get into more than other anime like fate/zero which im strugling to get into but can't) .
really loved the story and plot twist 9/10
Jan 3, 2013 12:25 AM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
wow finally decided to watch it and finished , and i really didn't the find the start that boring or hard to get into ( it was easier for me to get into more than other anime like fate/zero which im strugling to get into but can't) .
really loved the story and plot twist 9/10

Don't blame ya, Fate/Zero wasn't for me, but loved Steins;Gate and didn't find the first half boring.

Jan 3, 2013 12:32 PM

Dec 2012
I remember that I thought the first few episodes were a little weird, but I was curious so I continued watching.

I must say that this is one of the best anime's ever. The emotional roller coaster this show brings forth will turn you inside-out, and will make you think and analyze while you enjoy it.

Not many animes, let alone other mediums in this day and age can do that. This show is mesmerizing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2013 12:21 PM
Oct 2011
I'm surprised someone dislikes Steins Gate on here! Everyone talks about how great and it's the best anime they ever saw on almost all the websites I go 2. I doubt it will be my best anime I ever saw cuz I already have a favorite which is Cowboy Bebop but you never know it could happen. I will be buying Steins Gate part 2 at Best Buy today and amazon.com I will be ordering part 1 because at best buy they don't carry the first part.

Did anyone else on here buy the dvd funimation release?

Jesus is our best friend and savior
Jan 5, 2013 12:28 PM

Oct 2012
LilKis1986 said:
I'm surprised someone dislikes Steins Gate on here! Everyone talks about how great and it's the best anime they ever saw on almost all the websites I go 2.

Why are you surprised? There's a reason why its average rating is 9.17 and not 10.
-Plotholes
-Annoying characters
-Slow start
-Overrated
-Not everyone's cup of tea

Plenty of reasons someone may dislike it.
ShoryuJan 5, 2013 12:35 PM

Jan 5, 2013 5:17 PM

Jun 2009
Tavor said:
LilKis1986 said:
I'm surprised someone dislikes Steins Gate on here! Everyone talks about how great and it's the best anime they ever saw on almost all the websites I go 2.

Why are you surprised? There's a reason why its average rating is 9.17 and not 10.
-Plotholes
-Annoying characters
-Slow start
-Overrated

You...you there...get your logic out of my MAL, bastard.
Jan 5, 2013 5:21 PM
Nov 2010
Tavor said:
LilKis1986 said:

-Plotholes
-Annoying characters
-Slow start
-Overrated

It's simply because not a lot of people have watched it, that's why it's still isn't 10.00.
Jan 5, 2013 5:23 PM

Dec 2010
Z-flame said:
Tavor said:
LilKis1986 said:

-Plotholes
-Annoying characters
-Slow start
-Overrated

It's simply because not a lot of people have watched it, that's why it's still isn't 10.00.

Possibly

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.