Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2012 6:09 PM
Sep 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow...full color like the last chapter and like 50+ pages....amazing. And we're finally reaching the end. Hagoromo-Gitsune and Rikuo need to learn how to work together and Grandpa Nurarihyon can't die. That'd suck for Rikuo if he wins that war and his Grandpa's dead. Please don't let the First die!!!!
"We're all MAD here~"

-Cheshire Cat
Dec 20, 2012 7:21 AM

Mar 2010
OMG I want the anime version of this now its getting awesome :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2012 7:25 AM

Jul 2008
My reactions ta reading the RAW version:

- starts with Nurarihyon, Rihan and Yohi... are you dead old man? T_T
- and... Youhime heals him... thats so... thats so... T_T
- awakes and immediately acts... thats why we lova ya you crazy old man :D
- Rikuo, u ok?
- Seimei... you better not hit Yuki <_<
- Rikuo and Sei-chan... dat sexual tension...
- and Rikuo goes into his human form... oh no...
- and Kitsune protects the little damsel in distress... and they Matoi... and the world ends
- I can see your thought Sei-chan... "Mummy? Why?" no seriously, his face makes me laugh for some reason XD
- and then he goes bat-shit crazy
- he really hates him mom... what, did she embarrass you in front of your girlfriend or something?
- Rikuo is no longer impressed by his shitty orbs
- ok Sei-chan, that was just embarrassing... he slashed you without breaking a sweat -_-
- YuiYui sure has some nice assets :D She better survive
- Sei-chan goes to use another fancy spell
- Sei-chan... goes crazier with every passing second :D
- Rikuo admit it: you intentionally destroyed half of his face, hadn't you?
- Sei-chan dies and the Spiral Castle goes down... no redemption for you old boy
- short epilogue, but still seems nice... I expect it to be better when translated. Still, a shame other battles got only two panels... maybe the extra pages in volume 25 get used on them?
- I don't think there was official ship confirmation, but it is obvious which girl got the spotlight ;)

And of course... Enchou got away... unlike Ariyuki it seems ^__^;
My clan, the HM, is still alive gals B-(
Dec 26, 2012 10:21 AM
Jul 2009
*face palm*

blah even with the added 3 chapters it's still a very disappointing ending
Dec 27, 2012 10:37 PM

Oct 2010
i wish this manga could've had the proper ending it deserved, not this crap.
Dec 29, 2012 9:26 AM

Jun 2011
Nayrael said:
My reactions ta reading the RAW version:

- starts with Nurarihyon, Rihan and Yohi... are you dead old man? T_T
- and... Youhime heals him... thats so... thats so... T_T
- awakes and immediately acts... thats why we lova ya you crazy old man :D
- Rikuo, u ok?
- Seimei... you better not hit Yuki <_<
- Rikuo and Sei-chan... dat sexual tension...
- and Rikuo goes into his human form... oh no...
- and Kitsune protects the little damsel in distress... and they Matoi... and the world ends
- I can see your thought Sei-chan... "Mummy? Why?" no seriously, his face makes me laugh for some reason XD
- and then he goes bat-shit crazy
- he really hates him mom... what, did she embarrass you in front of your girlfriend or something?
- Rikuo is no longer impressed by his shitty orbs
- ok Sei-chan, that was just embarrassing... he slashed you without breaking a sweat -_-
- YuiYui sure has some nice assets :D She better survive
- Sei-chan goes to use another fancy spell
- Sei-chan... goes crazier with every passing second :D
- Rikuo admit it: you intentionally destroyed half of his face, hadn't you?
- Sei-chan dies and the Spiral Castle goes down... no redemption for you old boy
- short epilogue, but still seems nice... I expect it to be better when translated. Still, a shame other battles got only two panels... maybe the extra pages in volume 25 get used on them?
- I don't think there was official ship confirmation, but it is obvious which girl got the spotlight ;)

And of course... Enchou got away... unlike Ariyuki it seems ^__^;
My clan, the HM, is still alive gals B-(

GarethXL said:
*face palm*

blah even with the added 3 chapters it's still a very disappointing ending

Seconded all of 'em.

Moklyop said:

True enough. The open ending leaves me like crazy. D;
Jan 18, 2013 8:56 AM

Feb 2010
Just finished reading raws and this ending sucked really hard. The battle was alright but in the end, it finished like their another day was over. It was like Reborn's ending, without any significant conclusion. I hope they make its OVA. ;___;

Moklyop said:

+1

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jan 19, 2013 2:26 AM

Sep 2012
Oh god... That was so bad... Why this manga had to end this way ?
Jan 24, 2013 8:11 PM

Dec 2012
Im pretty confused since I read the raw version... but it seems that the manga ended D: If it is, NOOOO!!! I LOVE THIS MANGA!!! WHY DID IT END LIKE THIS?!?!? DDDDX

Jan 28, 2013 7:45 PM

Jan 2013
Merue said:
Just finished reading raws and this ending sucked really hard. The battle was alright but in the end, it finished like their another day was over. It was like Reborn's ending, without any significant conclusion. I hope they make its OVA. ;___;

Moklyop said:

+1

Don't bring up Reborn's ending... that accursed final arc...I imagine Nura's ending was somewhat better at least. Reborn's was just horrendous and inexcusable. I hope Amano takes some cues from Urobachi with Psycho Pass, it's shaping up well.
Feb 18, 2013 11:17 PM

Jul 2012
Yeaaaah that was a pretty bad ending no love resolution and pretty cliche how hagorome gitsune helped out still dont get why she turned good in the end
Feb 18, 2013 11:23 PM

Jul 2009
nurahiyon should have stayed dead. no real point of bringing him back. he didnt rly help that much
Feb 19, 2013 12:20 AM

Mar 2009
It wasn't that bad of an ending. I liked how the old Nurarihyon was drawn and coloured.
Hagoromo Gitsune sided with Rikuo and then doing Matoi with him was great. Rikuo looked like his grandfather with that fox on his shoulders. She did that not only for him, herself but also for her night parade. Seimei would slaughtered everyone had he won. Hagoromo deemed him unfit to rule over all ayakashi.
Hagoromo Gitsune might have also been affected by Yamabuki Otome in her choice who to side with ^_^

One day adult Rikuo might perform perfect unbreakable Matoi with old Nurarihyon ^_^ So the old man could not die just yet.

It was all still rushed. Side characters fight could have been dragged a bit more. Maybe if the manga had more chapters then Seimei would have developed more than one attack? Then again it took him 1000 years to come up with this one...

Why didn't Rikuo choose who to marry? Come on people. They all are kids. Why would Rikuo need to take the first girl he sees for his wife. How long did Rihan wait for his human wife? Rikuo has all the time in the world for it and more. He should also no longer be affected by Gitsune curse right? So he can take human or ayakashi if he so desires?

Some of the bad guys didn't die. That is good. The may come time where we could get OVA after few years of time skip where Enchou guy comes back with new stories. Older Rikuo must fight him again (looking more like his night form now). Things could go into the romance direction later as Hagoromo Gitsune (Yamabuki Otome) would be affected by the change in Rikuo and his similarity to his father etc. Older Yura and some other human girls in the cast.
Feb 19, 2013 12:52 AM

Apr 2012
It was a decent ending and i find it satisfying. If ever this will have a anime adaptation, i hope it will be better and will give more closure.
Feb 19, 2013 1:55 AM

Apr 2010
Considering to situation that's a pretty decent ending, don't really have a complaint about it. Hopefully they animate the whole series now, would be cool to see.
Feb 19, 2013 2:42 AM

Jul 2008
Arlia said:
Oh god... That was so bad... Why this manga had to end this way ?

Because of WSJ :/

Yeaaaah that was a pretty bad ending no love resolution and pretty cliche how hagorome gitsune helped out still dont get why she turned good in the end

She became one with Yamabuki Otome.
Though Hagoromo was originally not an evil youkai, which is why Seimei was born in the first place and all evils she committed were to revive her beloved son, not due to being evil per se.

It was all still rushed. Side characters fight could have been dragged a bit more. Maybe if the manga had more chapters then Seimei would have developed more than one attack? Then again it took him 1000 years to come up with this one...

Final Tankobon volume has 70 pages that could be used for anything so I expect the Tankobon version of final chapter to have extra pages.
Ariyuki at least deserves more attention as, in a way, he was a bigger villain than Seimei.
Feb 19, 2013 7:52 AM

Jul 2009
I'm content with the ending, I've seen much worse ones before. I wouldn't mind seeing an extra chapter put out that depicts a time-skip to show what becomes of them in the future.
Feb 19, 2013 3:44 PM

Jul 2008
Zero_Motivation said:
I'm content with the ending, I've seen much worse ones before. I wouldn't mind seeing an extra chapter put out that depicts a time-skip to show what becomes of them in the future.

Pretty much this.
It could have been much better but the ending wasn't that bad either.
Feb 19, 2013 7:20 PM

Feb 2008
talk about going out with a bang....full color in all pages. its funny how when a manga is ending they go all out....but it was a good run.
Feb 19, 2013 8:16 PM
Oct 2011
Well at least the shipping argument/war is ending.
I mean, we all know who got the most attention.
I liked the ending how it tied it all up, but it was so rushed even with 50+ chapters. They need to make an OVA about the future.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkdoll25&sclick=1">
Feb 19, 2013 11:00 PM
Oct 2011
Could have gotten a better ending, but it was definitely a much better one than what KHR had. Personally, I really enjoyed the series, but it didnt have much of a punch factor so, it's a so-so..

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Feb 20, 2013 5:27 AM

Sep 2009
Considering the circumstances I think the ending is fine. Did this series get the ending it should have? Absolutely not. However, nothing can be done about it now. With that said I like the full color pages once again. I wish the village of half-youkai was shown though.

Cheers for a good series, IMO, ending.

Feb 20, 2013 11:12 AM

Apr 2009
Given how awesome I found the rest of the manga I find the ending mildly disappointing especially that fight with Nue but the blame for that is entirely on the people who cancelled this series. Still, at least we got some ending instead of none(and not one as bad as KHR).

It seems kind of obvious to me that Tsurara is the mangaka's favorite of the three. Hopefully there is a third season for the anime.
Feb 20, 2013 12:01 PM

Jun 2012
The beginning of the chapter with Nurarihyon and Yohime made me cry, dammit why are they so perfect? And just gah!

I laughed until I cried when Yura read the invitation to the party.

Itaku was so bloody cute on that page where everyone glomped Rikuo. He should've gone to the party too.

And I was amused that Tamazuki was wrong about Dassai not going. Of course he would.

There were so many high-lights in this chapter.

All in all, this manga has been amazing to read and I love it so much.
Oct 10, 2013 2:55 PM

Sep 2011
I just finished this after getting into the anime. I have to say this is hands down one of the best Shonen I have read. The art, characters, and story where all exceptional. The only reason I won't give it a 10/10 is due to the bumpy start, but this is easily a 9/10 for me. I think the most memorable thing about this manga besides the art is Hagoromo Gitsune, absolutely loved her character design and story. Anyways, I hope we get a third season to adapt the final two arcs, even though its unlikely at this point. I hope to see more from this author, this was spectacular for his first manga.
Jan 2, 2014 6:22 AM

Mar 2013
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
I just finished this after getting into the anime. I have to say this is hands down one of the best Shonen I have read. The art, characters, and story where all exceptional. The only reason I won't give it a 10/10 is due to the bumpy start, but this is easily a 9/10 for me. I think the most memorable thing about this manga besides the art is Hagoromo Gitsune, absolutely loved her character design and story. Anyways, I hope we get a third season to adapt the final two arcs, even though its unlikely at this point. I hope to see more from this author, this was spectacular for his first manga.

This was a great manga!

Agreed. Hagoromo Gitsune's story and how she deals with herself throughout the story is actually truly sad if you look at it. You have to feel sorry for her especially with Otome within with her.

Jan 12, 2014 6:00 PM

Jan 2014
I know this isn't the omage section and all, but I just can't get my finger as to how Otome and Rihan is a "happy" ending. If they ended up together again, then how about Wakana?
Jan 12, 2014 6:04 PM

Jul 2008
zeron824 said:
I know this isn't the omage section and all, but I just can't get my finger as to how Otome and Rihan is a "happy" ending. If they ended up together again, then how about Wakana?

Rihan's soul is in relationship with both Yamabuki and Wakana. This isn't some love triangle where he has to choose whom he loves more: he loves both of them and him being shown with one does not mean the other one lost.
In other words, Wakana will join him once she dies. Until then, he will watch over her like he always did.
Jan 12, 2014 7:16 PM

Jan 2014
Nayrael said:

Rihan's soul is in relationship with both Yamabuki and Wakana. This isn't some love triangle where he has to choose whom he loves more: he loves both of them and him being shown with one does not mean the other one lost.
In other words, Wakana will join him once she dies. Until then, he will watch over her like he always did.

Oh, thanks. That makes more sense now. I guess two is better than one. ;D
Dec 23, 2014 10:25 PM

Nov 2011
I thought the ending was a bit predictable though. Good to know that Nue is defeated at the combined effort of everyone's help. Hell, even Kitsune was awesome here and she redeemed herself. 7/10 but the final few chapters felt rushed to hell.
Feb 12, 2017 7:11 PM
Feb 2017
There should be a time skip o chapter or two to see how rikuo is as an adult who he ended up with and how well he is doing as the leader of the nura clan
Jun 6, 2021 4:02 PM

Feb 2018
This was an fun ride! Pretty damn good but seeing how Rikuo and the rest would be in the future would have also been nice, either way a fun read.
Sep 20, 2021 9:48 AM

May 2020
Well I did think the ending was a bit too rushed. Personally, I feel like the whole Hundred Stories arc should've been cut out or at least should've been much more relevant to Seimei and his story. It did have connections but that wasn't the main part of the story.

Rikuo equipping Gitsune was sooo fucking badass. Favourite form.

Overall, I quite liked this. It's not perfect, especially the way it handled its side characters, even though I enjoyed them. The human side of characters were entirely irrelevant and only mildly entertaining. And I do wish the Tono guys got to be more involved with the story.

The art for this manga was exceptional. I loved it and I wish I could have a few panels framed.

(Also one of the last omake pretty much confirms Tsurara x Rikuo, which is awesome)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which girl will most likely end up with Rikuo? ( 1 2 3 )

Scrypt - Jun 23, 2010

105 by kengil10 »»
Jun 2, 2022 7:12 PM

» Bonus Stories Discussion

TitanInsane - Sep 20, 2021

0 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 20, 2021 8:47 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Chapter 209 Discussion

Nayrael - Oct 6, 2012

12 by Kap92 »»
Jun 6, 2021 4:01 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Chapter 208 Discussion

Nayrael - Sep 25, 2012

25 by Kap92 »»

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Chapter 207 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Jun 24, 2012

15 by Kap92 »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.