Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 16, 2012 2:17 AM

Jan 2010
Pretty intense episode, although you never can tell whether one of the bombs actually hit someone in this, which detracts a bit for me. For example, the toxic gas bombs when previously used seemed to cover massive areas quickly, yet here the gas hung around waiting for them to escape.

Regarding Taira's crystal… wasn't he holding a bloody hand when Sakamoto returned? I sort of assumed that the bad guys had cut it out of his hand.

And I guess that Sakamoto still doesn't know Himiko's name. I think she refused to tell him during her earlier paranoid phase.
Nov 16, 2012 2:28 AM

Feb 2012
Damn this was an awesome episode, Rambo dude got owned hard.
Nov 16, 2012 2:52 AM

Aug 2012
Pretty action packed, enjoyed the ep
Nov 16, 2012 3:26 AM

Jan 2011
Masashi's death was one of the most brutal in the manga. They really did justice to the scene here as we see his horrid melty face in full colour. Although I still don't like the rushed pacing, the manga made the whole thing feel more tense by drawing it out.
Nov 16, 2012 3:41 AM
Nov 2010
yeah I agree that there are many thing similar to SAO. Btooom! is a survival anime and SAO was presented as such at first but somehow failed to do what is important for the genre and that Btooom! do is to create a psychological tension.
Nov 16, 2012 3:51 AM
Jun 2008
so now give sakamoto try to reason with ralf rip-off but don't give blah cause is warzone & oh got back in kira's lawyer has gone crazy lawyer.

tried to escape to later follow with taira finger chop & kidnap himiko as well so now sakamoto to rescue.

get the girl rescue, kaboom the crazy lawyer, as for rip-off ralf give tough person all it take gas bomb melt him away with combine time bomb cue kaboom.

now sakamoto & himiko are but yer evil host is watching it with secret viewers seeing it all.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Nov 16, 2012 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
Now I respect both Btooom and SAO, but if an anime came out that had the survival theme of Btooom and the world of SAO, that would really make my day :)
Nov 16, 2012 6:11 AM

Jun 2008
Best episode so far
Nov 16, 2012 6:15 AM

Mar 2008
Whatever happened to not being able to activate someone else's BIM?
Cuz I'm pretty sure Himiko just did that.
Nov 16, 2012 6:56 AM

Feb 2012
Hmmm.... I dunno about the people who read/s the manga but I really feel the slowness of the story in this show being a non-manga reader. I dunno why but i feel like there isn't much of a development on the characters and on the story itself.

Anyways, Let's see if it'll make more developments in the next episode.
Nov 16, 2012 7:44 AM

Mar 2011

How many times will she be abused?
Nov 16, 2012 9:12 AM
Dec 2011
This was an intense ep but I don't see how he got the opportunity to get another BIM at the end.
Nov 16, 2012 9:28 AM
Sep 2011
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
Whatever happened to not being able to activate someone else's BIM?
Cuz I'm pretty sure Himiko just did that.

I think that was her BIM since she had the burning gas type and Rambo had stolen them all, he probably was expecting to have killed her and made it his own before someone got to do that to him :P
Nov 16, 2012 10:11 AM

Jul 2012
Now thats what i can call a good episode!
Sakamoto showed his skills (or not) rescuing Himiko.
Nov 16, 2012 10:33 AM

Feb 2012
Great ep! Was really looking forward to this part getting animated. They didn't disappoint. As always, Himiko is just so sexeh.

It's only going to get better from here if they keep it up and stick with the manga.
Nov 16, 2012 10:36 AM

Sep 2011
I'm loving this show. It's so intense. Only thing is that I'm not a big fan of the big boobed girl and how he is "going to defend her."

To those of you who were involved in a 'virtual' relationship in the past: Would you do the same? Really. It just seems weird to me. I'd understand if they had an actual relationship in the real world... But. Yeah.

Otherwise, it's a great show. Look forward to each episode. I need to see some virtual characters blowing each other up every week. ♥
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Nov 16, 2012 10:52 AM

Jun 2009
I really don't like the idea of Himiko being his online waifu. Feels cheap and shallow.
Nov 16, 2012 11:00 AM

Sep 2011
-Quasar said:
I really don't like the idea of Himiko being his online waifu. Feels cheap and shallow.
Who wouldn't want a waifu who has big boobs, blonde hair, and is always getting captured?

Kyobotte said:

Just look at her. The perfect female character right there.
Nov 16, 2012 11:09 AM

May 2012
Great episode, nice that they're following the manga. ^^
Nov 16, 2012 11:26 AM

Feb 2010
Kyobotte said:

Seriously! Kinda getting over it....

Either way though, solid episode... quite possibly the best so far... nonstop tension, suspense and action. WIN.
Nov 16, 2012 12:03 PM
Jan 2011
RIP for Rambo.

I wonder if them players are noticing the cameras following their every move?
Nov 16, 2012 12:21 PM

Apr 2012
This show is so confused about what it wants to be. It tries to be dark and intense but instead is nothing but a trashy, exploitative mess. It could work as a dumb action series but it fails at the basics of storytelling and characterization. The characters are so inconsistent it's a joke.

The lawyer was fairly normal if a bit sleazy the last time we saw him but now he's a full on insane pervert. I could by that if they'd been on the island for more than a couple of days and we'd actually seen the change in him, but with the route the show took it just felt random and lazy.

Ryouta's characterization is just as bad and really lacks balls. At first it seemed like the show wanted him to be an unlikable douchebag, but then on the island his actions don't represent that and it's not because of character growth because there has been none of that. And it's hard to believe he had this secret nice side when he was such a shit head that his own mother sent him to die in this death game. It's fine to have an anti-hero for a protagonist, but to pussyfoot around and try make him both a douchebag and a hero willing to put himself on the line for others doesn't work.

This show is far too trashy and incompetent to handle a sensitive topic like rape and I cringe every time the girl is on screen because she's not a character but an object that all the male characters are trying to take advantage of. Rape being used for nothing other than titillation is pretty sick and doesn't treat it with the seriousness or respect that it deserves.

The action is okay, but nothing really special and with the paper thin story, plot conveniences and just plain god awful characterization I can't be bothered to give two shits about any of the action. The BIMs seem to work randomly depending on what the plot calls for and the story barely seems to hang together enough to get us from one action scene to the next.

The thing is I can enjoy a dumb action movie but it needs to have at least some consistency and internal logic. This show is completely devoid of those things which makes it feel like a bunch of random occurrences that are just meant to throw more gore and trashy sexuality on the screen.

I guess the only slightly redeeming thing about the show is it's fun to make fun of and you could probably make one hell of a drinking game out of all of the inconsistencies and plot conveniences.
Nov 16, 2012 12:29 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was pretty exciting....intence and I was watching this at night gladly I didn't have nighmares of that dude's melting skin.....
Sakamoto has some luck ... and yet another marriage online...
Starting to doubt that Himiko is that character ... I believe it's her though just shy...
The action was awesome .... really good episode they even hugged....
Nov 16, 2012 12:54 PM
Apr 2011
Itoukaiji said:
Ryouta's characterization is just as bad and really lacks balls. At first it seemed like the show wanted him to be an unlikable douchebag, but then on the island his actions don't represent that and it's not because of character growth because there has been none of that. And it's hard to believe he had this secret nice side when he was such a shit head that his own mother sent him to die in this death game. It's fine to have an anti-hero for a protagonist, but to pussyfoot around and try make him both a douchebag and a hero willing to put himself on the line for others doesn't work.

If I have to say what is the most annoying thing about this anime, it is this. THIS. I was tolerant of him in the previous episodes, but this episode changed my mind. Hopefully I can bear Sakamoto's douchbag personality until the anime finishes.
Nov 16, 2012 12:55 PM

Sep 2012
Pretty nice and intense episode, very nice action, and wow... at the end!
Nov 16, 2012 12:59 PM
Mar 2012
That was hideous. Killing people is bad, but please ignore that we killed 4 of them. At least the mercenary sticked to his ideals, unlike certain people.
And why does no bomb hit sakamoto? why was he pushed off the building by the mercenary instead of getting cut? why was the gas moving slower when they were escaping? For an anime trying so hard to be "realistic", it seems the realistic part only hits the antagonists, the protagonists meanwhile are enjoying their plot armors.
Romance was cliché and shallow.
Nov 16, 2012 1:11 PM

Dec 2011
Whoa. I didn't expect him to survive with the gas bomb!
Sakamoto and Himiko finally got more intimate. Arr.

I wonder why Himiko is lying about being the virtual bride.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2012 1:15 PM
Sep 2011
Shaduge said:
That was hideous. Killing people is bad, but please ignore that we killed 4 of them. At least the mercenary sticked to his ideals, unlike certain people.
And why does no bomb hit sakamoto? why was he pushed off the building by the mercenary instead of getting cut? why was the gas moving slower when they were escaping? For an anime trying so hard to be "realistic", it seems the realistic part only hits the antagonists, the protagonists meanwhile are enjoying their plot armors.
Romance was cliché and shallow.

I gave up on realism a long time ago in this show, if you really want I could easily pick up a ton of dumb and unrealistic moments from this show.
I am watching Btooom! more for the fun action and stuff rather than the realism since it really ins't realistic no matter how you look at it.
Nov 16, 2012 1:16 PM

Dec 2010
Good adaption of one of the better parts of the manga, also while this show has many flaws to say the least people should at least give more thoughts to their critcism, for example the psycho lawyer, in this episode it clearly showed that he took pills, in the manga it clarify it to be drugs, but people could use common sense its not that hard, As for Sakamoto, his character's inconsistency is based off the change in setting, whether this is a good reason or not the reasoning is based on a unlikable bastard being forced to reflect on his life, if the anime gets to it they will even show why he became like that, as they show flashbacks of when he was a kid and such.

Shaduge said:
why does no bomb hit sakamoto? why was he pushed off the building by the mercenary instead of getting cut? why was the gas moving slower when they were escaping?

1. Bad aim, it was shown with the first guy who died, horrible aim
2.He figured he would die from the fall, or it could have been that he just reacted that way, you know instincts
3.Thats not that hard to understand, gas would release faster upon release then as it covers more space it would go slower, especially since there was no strong wind inside the building like with the first usage of the gas.

As for the romance well i won't defend it, its an added element, the manga portrays it better, perhaps next episode will improve your opinion of it as judging from the preview they should cover the scenes which i'm thinking about.

Before people say that i'm trying to pass this off as realistic, they shouldn't misunderstand, i'm simply saying that its not as bad as some may think, after all many shows have inconsistency in attempting to be realistic (like Jormungand for example).
Nov 16, 2012 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
That guy... with the red headband IDK HIS NAME.. BUT ANYWAY

I have NEVER seen a character have such a unfitted voice actor to them this baddd in my lifeeee!! XDDDDD

HIS VOICE DIDNT SUIT HIM AT ALLL !!!
Nov 16, 2012 2:09 PM
Jul 2011
gigglingidiot said:

Kyobotte said:

Just look at her. The perfect female character right there.

MY perfect female character doesn't have such a crudely drawn & chubby face!

Damn good episode though! :)
Nov 16, 2012 2:40 PM

Sep 2012
Itoukaiji said:

The biggest disapointment with this anime. Decent episode though the romance isn't interesting at all.
Nov 16, 2012 2:42 PM

Jul 2012
SkyTate said:
That lawyer is just plain noob. I wish Kousuke was the one to kill him though.

The melting mercenary was just disgusting but that requires some epic shit to even move while you're being decomposed (?).

atseira said:
Wow. Our hero got some luck! He survived falling from the cliff. He could catch the BIM calmly and prevented it from exploding (you could say that's because he's in badass mode, but uh, is there any feature in the game to catch BIM?).

I thought that the BIM should explode on impact... doesn't contact with his hands = impact?
Still... Sakamoto was pretty badass this ep.

Hell yeah the episode was intense.
I always feel bad for Taira. He always gets injured badly.
The emotions of the main cast is pretty realistic compared to most animes I really like that. The fear of being left alone would be something everyone would be scared to deal with.

The premise of this anime reminds me exactly like a psp japanese game called Dangon Ronpa which everyone is trapped in the school the only way to survive is to kill the others in order to graduate lol but the mc is like sakamoto is defies the rules and tries to find a way out anyone who like Btooom should check it out
Nov 16, 2012 2:50 PM
Jun 2008
lol.

The only reason why I'm even watching this is because of the Battle Royale-like setup and various character demises. Himiko is such a cutie. Her head is so round and soft looking. Sakamoto kicked ass, although not really in the physical sense.
Nov 16, 2012 3:12 PM
Sep 2009
What is it with all the people bitching about realism? You're watching an anime for f**k's sake. Of course it's not going to be 100% realistic - 99% of live action movies aren't.

It's trying to be sort of realistic and it's succeeding - it's more realistic then most of the animes out there - no superpowers, no virtual worlds, no slapstick comedy...

If you want it to be completely realistic - Himiko would have been raped and killed and Sakamoto would've died ten times by now - probably in episode 1. There you go - end of the anime. Realistic.
Nov 16, 2012 4:07 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, we got some action up in here!
Nov 16, 2012 4:17 PM
Dec 2010
another good episode, i can't wait for the next one
Nov 16, 2012 4:52 PM

Feb 2012
Nice episode :D

So the game was actually arranged for/by those rich people. I'm guessing it's a betting game.
Nov 16, 2012 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
Aw, why didnt she say she was the Himiko from "BTOOM!"? I wanted to see weird nerd romance! xD

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 16, 2012 5:31 PM

Apr 2012
Oh ffs. The MC is even getting more retarded.. and the consistency to some extent regarding that as well. Too bad this anime itself - with all lack of originality - isn't so bad that I'd drop it at the moment.
Still I don't know how much stupidity I can overlook until then.
Trying to bargain with some rambo-like guy. Sure.. as if you could sleep when you know he's nearby..
Ah, wth. I just leave it at that today.
Nov 16, 2012 5:37 PM
Nov 2009
Good episode. Sakamoto did a douche move by leaving the old man there on his own like that. But hey he thought she was Himiko so he needed to save her.
Nov 16, 2012 7:24 PM
Aug 2012
Personality isn't very consistent...
Nov 16, 2012 7:28 PM

Sep 2011
miksteyp said:
Good episode. Sakamoto did a douche move by leaving the old man there on his own like that. But hey he thought she was Himiko so he needed to save her.

Really though.. It's still a douche move either way. You made a promise to that guy to stick by his side. But, at the same time, the guy should grow a pair. He really depends on Sakamoto way too much.

Sorayin said:
Personality isn't very consistent...

LOL. How consistent would your personality be on an island where people have bombs and are trying to kill you?
Nov 16, 2012 8:22 PM

Jul 2012
This is the gore-iest anime this fall season. O_O God dayum, that part where Masashi grabbed Himiko's legs... I'm glad Natsume died too. He was very annoying.

I enjoyed this episode overall.

One question: How do they get the radar jewel thingys after someone dies in an explosion? o_o Like, Masashi died in the burning gas but do the main characters go back to the place he died to retrieve the jewels?
Nov 16, 2012 9:46 PM

Feb 2012
meepsheep said:
This is the gore-iest anime this fall season. O_O God dayum, that part where Masashi grabbed Himiko's legs... I'm glad Natsume died too. He was very annoying.

I enjoyed this episode overall.

One question: How do they get the radar jewel thingys after someone dies in an explosion? o_o Like, Masashi died in the burning gas but do the main characters go back to the place he died to retrieve the jewels?

Yup. It comes off when the body dies. That's why the mercenary said it'd be a pain to go get the chip later because Sakamoto fell down the cliff.
Nov 17, 2012 12:08 AM

Feb 2012
One of the best animes of the season.
Nov 17, 2012 1:28 AM

Dec 2011
My favourite episode of Btooom! so far.
Sakamoto was epic in this episode. Especially when he caught that BIM.
The picture of Miyamoto's melting skin was intense. Even more intense than manga.
And the story is progressing really fast.
Nov 17, 2012 1:35 AM
Jun 2009
best episode so far. is it just me but sakamoto is pretty good looking for a bum? lol....
Nov 17, 2012 2:37 AM

Dec 2011
loved this episode!!! you could feel the tension!! will they make it out alive or not??

my skin was crawling.

wanted to see the preview for episode 8 but my damn internet is being a bitch... lol
Nov 17, 2012 3:25 AM

May 2010
This episode made me shiver.....
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

140 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 8:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.