Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 12, 2012 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

This was a somewhat emotional episode imo with Misaki and Nanami.

Nanami is not feeling well and bought out the emotions of the episode. I was satisfied with that. I thought the rain mixed in well with that reflected the mood well.

Despite the comedy, I thought this was one of the more touching episodes overall. Oh, and I think Mashiro and Nanami are going to be the best of friends ^_^

Nice manga debut btw Mashiro, grats :>
Stark700Nov 12, 2012 9:21 AM
Nov 12, 2012 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
Othello is the one seiyuu girl is doing for the performance. She tried too hard and has fever. Only artist girl is letting her go because she feels guilty. Seiyuu girl still failed, though. The rain gave him opportunity to realize the manga release.

Sempai pair is not really in relations.

lol (and cute) @ seiyuu girl and plushie conversation. Now the girls are friends and back to the guy for caring for artist girl.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 12, 2012 9:20 AM

May 2009
Can't wait for delicious suffering.
Nov 12, 2012 10:16 AM
Jun 2008
Ah that was a good ep. Looks like nanami and mashiro are going to be good friends now and nanami blushing was cute as always. Sorata is finally back on mashiro duty! lol
Nov 12, 2012 11:15 AM

Feb 2009
Did they really have her proceed in the performance? I know she worked hard for that but pushing a sick person was kinda... At least Mashiro is aware that it's partly her fault. Maybe this would make her do her own chores. Or not since the story might change if she were to stop relying on Sorata.
Aoyama has her share of faults in this too I guess. Pushing herself this hard. It's all good I guess in the end of the episode. Her blushing and Kansai-ben is really cute. Plus using her tiger pillow to talk to herself. I'm still rooting for her even if the rules say she won't win. Go Nanami!
Not much in the comedy but an emotional and great episode. I'm guessing this was the end of the 2nd volume as it seems to have wrapped it up.
Do I see a loli in the next episode? It's probably Sorata's sister. And voiced by Ogura Yui. Godou and Athena. Sweet.
Nov 12, 2012 11:56 AM

Jul 2010
This episode made Nanami a bit more likeable compared to previous episodes. Great to see Mashiro and Nanami become good friends at the end. Misaki had her spotlight this episode too.

Also, I found it a bit rude that this random guy bumps into Mashiro at the convenience store and doesn't even apologize.
Nov 12, 2012 12:11 PM

Nov 2009
belatkuro said:
I'm still rooting for her even if the rules say she won't win. Go Nanami!

We can hope, bro.
Nov 12, 2012 12:32 PM

Oct 2011
Hmmm, amazing episode!! Many memorable moments!! The little girls Yuuko seems to be quite devilish and cute!!
Really do like this series a lot!!!
AkagatariNov 12, 2012 7:20 PM
Signature
Nov 12, 2012 3:36 PM

Feb 2008
What with the Äoyama kansai dialect?
Did she always have that?
O_o

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 12, 2012 3:37 PM

Oct 2012
Blackbird said:
What with the Äoyama kansai dialect?
Did she always have that?
O_o
Only when she's mad, or maybe even upset.
Nov 12, 2012 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
Lol, sorata's sister sounds so cute.
Nov 12, 2012 4:41 PM

Jun 2011
Mashiro's tennen moment: stands beside road waiting for taxi while cars go by and splashes water on her.

Nanami's tsudere moment: "Don't get near me!" (I haven't shower yet).

I was surprise that Misaki can squish the cat into her face without it resisting. (Could it be that the cat is M?! w)

And the loli at the end (preview) must be Sorata's little sister, right? wwwwww
^I'm looking forward to it.
Nov 12, 2012 5:03 PM

Apr 2011
Nov 12, 2012 5:47 PM

Sep 2011
belatkuro said:
I'm still rooting for her even if the rules say she won't win. Go Nanami!

This.
Nov 12, 2012 5:49 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Elite60 said:
Also, I found it a bit rude that this random guy bumps into Mashiro at the convenience store and doesn't even apologize.
yea, that sort of ticked me off as well.

Shih said:
Mashiro's tennen moment: stands beside road waiting for taxi while cars go by and splashes water on her.

Quite a lot of "visuals" going on in this episode, such as this and the one above. Since I'm not able to follow nearly enough to let go of the subs I was often pausing and rewinding to catch things like that.

Shih said:
I was surprise that Misaki can squish the cat into her face without it resisting.
Some cats are like that, and for others it depends upon their mood, and still others will pick up on your mood and tolerate a little abuse.

All in all, I thought it was the best episode so far.
Nov 12, 2012 5:49 PM

Dec 2011
Aoyama finally let it all out. She finally realized how hard she is on herself.
A nice episode.

A new character next ep... judging from this Yuuko's hair... I can guess she is some sot of relative of Sorata... probably a sister or a cousin!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2012 5:51 PM

May 2009
Another great episode. Not enough suffering though.

belatkuro said:
. I'm still rooting for her even if the rules say she won't win. Go Nanami

She will lose hard BWAHAHAHA.
Nov 12, 2012 6:19 PM

Dec 2007
The loli at the end made me laugh. Can't wait. :3
Nov 12, 2012 6:35 PM

Apr 2011
Yay for Kanda getting back Mashiro duty! This anime is sort of a weird case for me. I normally don't root for the somewhat "emotionless" type, and tend to go for the childhood friend/side characters instead of the main. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like everything about Nanami. It's just MASHRIOONNN>>>>11argaergaerh2W EGFWEJGHAL.
Nov 12, 2012 6:58 PM

Jul 2012
Nanami's finally crashed after overworking herself. Man, if only she relied on Sorata. After the performance, seems like she messed up really badly. Her "friend" was such a bitch about it. Instead of worrying over ONE performance over many to come, she should care about how Nanami might get really sick and might even possibly, in the worst case scenario, DIE. Mashiro was awesome in this episode. Seems that the work Nanami did finally paid off. She even bowed her head down to sincerely ask for approval of Nanami going. She was so sweet when Nanami was sick in bed. She held her hand to provide her with warmth and support. Now Sorata gets back Mashiro duty. YATTA! It was awkward how Nanami wasn't wearing any, I think, panties. I mean, when people are usually sick, I don't think they'll take off their underwear because it could get worse due to the cold. Well, all's well that ends well. Though knowing the spoilers about the characters, I know something would end up being bad. Who is Yuuko though? She seemed kind of cute. :)
Nov 12, 2012 7:02 PM

Jun 2010
That was sad, but I guess I would also be like her. Hard to accept other people's help when you have an attitude like her's.

Nov 12, 2012 7:03 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, the drama is overflowing. Not bad though.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 12, 2012 7:04 PM

Oct 2010
If the next episode not entertaining im dropping it. I dont feel a bit sorry for that stupid broad Nanami. What caused her to crash sooner than later was her jealousy.
Nov 12, 2012 7:07 PM

May 2009
ShinoAsada said:
Who is Yuuko though?

Sister.
Nov 12, 2012 7:14 PM

Jul 2009
For some reason, it just hit me this episode how painfully autistic Shina is. At first it was kind of cute, but not it feels like a chore just watching her being taken care of. I can only imagine what it's like for them.

T_T
Nov 12, 2012 7:17 PM

Oct 2011
Ohhh!!! Poor Nanami, she worked too hard day n night!!!
Lots of emotional moments in this episode!!! Jin and Misaki, Nanami crying,..
Happy moments: Mashiro and Nanami are gonna be best friends with each other from now on, I think so!!
Also, the little girl Yuuko after the credit looks interesting!!!
Can't wait for the next episode!!!
Signature
Nov 12, 2012 7:20 PM

Apr 2012
This was really an emotional episode with aoyama and mashiro.
Haha the new character is going to be really mischevious.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Nov 12, 2012 7:21 PM

Jan 2012
bonifide said:
If the next episode not entertaining im dropping it. I dont feel a bit sorry for that stupid broad Nanami. What caused her to crash sooner than later was her jealousy.

Not jealousy, she was admiring Shiina and her determination(people that put as much effort as Shiina does into their passion tends to make others feel that they aren't doing enough to improve) and the fact that she had to support herself during highschool because her parents wouldn't support her made her bite of more than she can chew.

There is a hint of pride in her personality though, and envy of the relationship Sorata and Shiina share.
penguindrum264Nov 12, 2012 7:25 PM
Nov 12, 2012 7:32 PM

May 2011
Incoming imouto next week!

Aoyama reminds me of Ayuzawa Misaki there. I think this episode is enjoyable.
Nov 12, 2012 7:35 PM

May 2011
Fiji said:
Aoyama finally let it all out. She finally realized how hard she is on herself.
A nice episode.

A new character next ep... judging from this Yuuko's hair... I can guess she is some sot of relative of Sorata... probably a sister or a cousin!

A sister, based on her name.
Nov 12, 2012 7:45 PM

Oct 2012
Lol, it would be funny if sister had brocon. Especially from a moe girl like her lol
Nov 12, 2012 7:51 PM
Oct 2010
great ep. misaki moping was super cute. and girl at the end HNGGG dripping moe
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Nov 12, 2012 8:10 PM

Jun 2010
Yuuko introduced herself with Judgement Day theme makes it better :D
Nov 12, 2012 8:17 PM

Jan 2011
Omg Aoyama was holding an palmtop tiger! his names was even Torajirou!

that just made my day and for all the sadness of this episode :)

but dat ending little sis inbound angel from heaven or an nghtmare?~
Nov 12, 2012 8:34 PM
Aug 2009
am i the only one wondering what the 15 minutes Jin and Sorata were talking about meant? o_o
Nov 12, 2012 8:54 PM

Jun 2010
I liked the way Mashiro treated Nanami. She understands.

And Sorata's sister arrives in next episode? I hope she won't any incest fetish.
Nov 12, 2012 9:11 PM

Sep 2012
This thread is a lot more peaceful and soothing compared to the forums in Japan (such things do happen). In Japan just because the food cooked by Sorata was changed from the congee in the LN to a Korean dish, the nationalists kicked up big fusses in all those forums and even wrote a bunch of 1-star review in Amazon for the BD vol.1

Such overreacting nationalism so vocal in Japanese internet is the one thing I really hate to see there. I really doubt how many of those ranters were following the anime. They seem to just flock to wherever they can rant against perceived enemies like Korea and China.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 12, 2012 9:14 PM

Oct 2008
For a Nanami-centric episode, I thought that small part with Misaki was a little misplaced. It kind of broke the pacing and natural flow of the episode I found. Although I really love the melody played during that scene (the same one played at the end of episode 4).

Otherwise it was great. We all saw what would happen miles away, but the small bits of comedy keep it from being bogged down too much. Some great emotional scenes (Aoyama's break down after her failed audition) and some great character developments.
Mashiro may be the main character, but she acts as a great foil for all the other characters. She's like a mirror and makes everyone realize what they were hiding deep inside.

They really put effort into making Shiina's hair so messy! That is my kind of fanservice!
Best comedic moment has the been Aoyama and her talk with her cat doll!

However, the epic weekly struggle for top spot between Tonari and Sakuraso, I'll have to give it to Tonari this week by the narrowest of margins.
Nov 12, 2012 9:29 PM

Aug 2010
How is this show so good? By appearances it gives off the impression of being another generic Anime, but it has so much more to offer.

Great interaction between Aoyama, Kanda, and Mashiro throughout the episode but especially at the end. The scene where Aoyama was crying and clinging to Kanda was powerful.
Nov 12, 2012 9:41 PM
Sep 2012
I really liked Nanami in this episode. I recall in previous episodes that people didn't like her because she's stubborn and wasn't really developed as much as the other characters. I'm glad that in this episode, we got to see the other side of her that isn't overreacting to misunderstandings between Sorata and Mashiro.

Jin is such a boss taking advantage of the situation to grab Chihiro's breasts. I don't think that I'd have the guts to do that if I were in his place.

Yes! We finally get to see Yuuko in the next episode.
Nov 12, 2012 9:43 PM

May 2008
As expected Nanami overworked herself ,..... that is all .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 12, 2012 10:02 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
This thread is a lot more peaceful and soothing compared to the forums in Japan (such things do happen). In Japan just because the food cooked by Sorata was changed from the congee in the LN to a Korean dish, the nationalists kicked up big fusses in all those forums and even wrote a bunch of 1-star review in Amazon for the BD vol.1

Such overreacting nationalism so vocal in Japanese internet is the one thing I really hate to see there. I really doubt how many of those ranters were following the anime. They seem to just flock to wherever they can rant against perceived enemies like Korea and China.
Are you serious? All that hate just because of food. I'd expect something like that from China but not from "peace-loving" Japan. I assume that all that hate is because of the Takeshima/Dokdo Islands. Even if they don't like what's going on with those Islands, why make a big fuss over food?
Nov 12, 2012 10:17 PM
Feb 2012
I love how the first place Nanami looks when waking up Shiina is under the desk xD
Nov 12, 2012 10:24 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
Are you serious? All that hate just because of food. I'd expect something like that from China but not from "peace-loving" Japan. I assume that all that hate is because of the Takeshima/Dokdo Islands. Even if they don't like what's going on with those Islands, why make a big fuss over food?
Anti-Korea sentiment is somehow particularly vicious among the nationalists in Japan, and it is worsened by the popularity of Korean TV show and pop artists in Japan in the last couple of years. The recent Takeshima/Dokdo dispute just adds fuel to the simmering fire.

It badgers belief to see why this should be such a big deal. Apparently those people are just not happy that Japanese (the characters are supposed to be Japanese) will actually cook something like Samgyetang ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samgyetang ) at home (a dish that is commonly cooked in Korean household but seldom in Japanese homes), so them such change is a deliberate to insert Korean reference while making the anime "less realistic" and "disrespect the original novel". They raise the theory that perhaps it got there because much of the animation is done in Korea. They even made a nickname for this show to mock it: Instead of "Sakura-so no Pet na Kanojo" they call it "Samgye-so no Kimchi na Kanojo". There is also a diagram made to illustrate the point:
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 12, 2012 10:24 PM

Dec 2010
The show is starting to feel cheesy to me. The drama just doesn't cut it for me.

I love Shiina though. <3

Nov 12, 2012 10:25 PM

Aug 2010
That part with Nanami and Sorata in the rain was really powerful.

Why is this series so good? I feel it shoudn't be because it had harem written all over it at the start. It must be the characters, they are all just so real and believable and likable.
Nov 12, 2012 10:26 PM

Sep 2011
Rofl the stuff cat wth aoyama talking to herself with. Priceless.

Aoyama getting fed, oh god.
Nov 12, 2012 10:34 PM

Dec 2010
Amazing episode as usual, this really is my favorite anime of the season, look forward to it every week, glad Nanami got this development because many times her kind of character becomes a nuisance rather than a character with their own standing, but as expected of this series she was developed nicely.
Nov 12, 2012 10:40 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Anti-Korea sentiment is somehow particularly vicious among the nationalists in Japan, and it is worsened by the popularity of Korean TV show and pop artists in Japan in the last couple of years. The recent Takeshima/Dokdo dispute just adds fuel to the simmering fire.
Forgive my ignorance, but why would Japanese resent Korean shows and artists in Japan? If they don't like the popularity then why don't they try developing shows and finding artists that would be more popular than Korea's? Aren't Japanese shows, anime and artists popular in Korea as well so what's the problem?

symbv said:
It badgers belief to see why this should be such a big deal. Apparently those people are just not happy that Japanese (the characters are supposed to be Japanese) will actually cook something like Samgyetang ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samgyetang ) at home (a dish that is commonly cooked in Korean household but seldom in Japanese homes), so them such change is a deliberate to insert Korean reference while making the anime "less realistic" and "disrespect the original novel". They raise the theory that perhaps it got there because much of the animation is done in Korea. They even made a nickname for this show to mock it: Instead of "Sakura-so no Pet na Kanojo" they call it "Samgye-so no Kimchi na Kanojo". There is also a diagram made to illustrate the point:
I get that they substituted congee for Samgyetang but I couldn't understand what was underlined since it wasn't in English. Sorry.

I would think that it would be thought as an homage or thank you for much of the show being done in Korea. It's a simple recognition for the work they've done for the show.
Nov 12, 2012 10:46 PM

Dec 2008
aw, this anime never fail to surprised me...

really good combination between comedy-drama...

i nearly cry when i see nanami like that.. poor her.. though it's partly brought by herself...

nanami kansai dialect is pure win... loves her more now...

solid 5/5 for this ep

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.