Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sunshine Sketch
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2012 1:17 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Miyako is one of the modern wonders of the world.

That is all.

nutbladder report: destroyed beyond repair when Miyako pulled out her handkerchief.
Oct 19, 2012 3:05 AM

Apr 2009
Why is Miyako so lewd yet so pure.

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzIJHh1Ad10
Oct 19, 2012 4:01 AM

Apr 2009
This episode felt really like a classic.

Miyako was great this episode and my nutbladder was nearly destroyed when Yuno was on that earthquake simulator.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 19, 2012 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
Another amazing episode. Miyako is so lewd.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 19, 2012 8:23 AM

Mar 2009
Oh, Miyako.

Also, the joke about the typhoon's name was funny; pity a certain sub group didn't bother to translate it, instead preferring to make subtitles for people who actually understand Japanese.
Oct 19, 2012 8:37 AM

Oct 2011
Awesome
as always :)

Miyako is, as it was already said, great here. But she always is (even without her natural yuri-factor).
We saw what Principal likes - suits him well.

Best show this season for sure :)
Oct 19, 2012 1:15 PM

Nov 2009
Sooo goood ... slice of life classic, it never gets bored watching those girls hanging and playing around lol. They've added lots of comedy lately and I really enjoyed them. And Shaft's styles in Hidamari are just great.

illustration of the episode:

I love the ED so muuch, it's just beautiful ...

This show deserves more people to watch, but I doubt they can stand slice of life genre and moe art styles ... since everything moe = plotless + bad ...
Oct 19, 2012 2:04 PM

Oct 2011
Killer episode. Playing tramp is inseparable from student culture, it's great to see Hidamaris playing together on a rainy day.

By the way, this is the first time I've seen a Hidamari episode containing so few and discreet background musics (maybe I'm wrong...). I wonder if this was wanted by Shaft to fit the hurricane mood.
Oct 19, 2012 3:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Hiro can't help but be the mother of the group.
Oct 19, 2012 4:54 PM

Dec 2009
What is there to say besides "aaaaaaw"? :)
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 19, 2012 6:05 PM

Mar 2012
I was sick yesterday so I thought that I might as well marathon the rest of A-Channel. After watching that, I realised that the new episode of Hidamari Sketch had come out. The difference in quality was astounding. A-Channel (Almost literally) bored me to sleep and didn't make me laugh once. But Hidamari Sketch was relaxing as well as being hilarious. Basically the opposite in terms of quality.

Anyway on the subject of the episode, it was just as great as every other episode of the show. Even though Hiro is always going to be my favourite, I'm starting to like Nazuna. I thought she was a bit bland at first but I'm really starting to like her character.

Of course, Miyako takes the cake in this episode with her shirt handkerchief joke.

I'm stuck between this and Nisemonogatari as my Anime of the Year. Damn. Shaft is on a roll
SeibaaHomuOct 19, 2012 6:08 PM
Oct 19, 2012 7:57 PM

Feb 2011
Cratex said:
Hiro can't help but be the mother of the group.
Would you have it any other way? Because I wouldn't.
Oct 19, 2012 9:18 PM
Oct 2007
My nutbladder is destroyed, it will take a full week to heal :D
Oct 21, 2012 12:20 PM

Sep 2008
What did Miyako write?

Oct 21, 2012 1:05 PM

Jan 2008
AccipiterF1 said:
What did Miyako write?

It's a common thing seen in crime shows/anime. The murder victim writes the murderer's name as a dying message using their finger and blood.

Miyako wrote "Hiro".

Well, that's what the first 2 symbols are. I can't tell what the third symbol is and then the last bit is just a squiggle
Oct 22, 2012 2:08 AM
Oct 2012
AccipiterF1 said:
What did Miyako write?

I think she wrote ”ヒロさん” (Ms.Hiro)
Oct 22, 2012 3:08 AM

May 2009
of course, fantastic episode. Man, I could re-watch the whole series over and over and never get tired/bored of it. It always works to cheer me up.

by the way, what card game were they playing?
Oct 22, 2012 4:51 PM

Dec 2009
Not even one full page of comments on this thread. And hardly even 2000 viewers according to the stats page.

So the show is that unpopular, huh?
Makes me feel sad and a little special at the same time.
Oct 23, 2012 1:34 AM

Jan 2011
Can someone explain the garlic incident? Hiro said she put a lot. Then Sae's eyes change to show tomorrow's date (1st day of school). And then Hiro profusely apologizes and makes them all chug milk.

I know garlic breath can by 'cured' by drinking milk but are these girls not planning on brushing their teeth at all or something?
Oct 23, 2012 9:49 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
lanblade said:
Can someone explain the garlic incident? Hiro said she put a lot. Then Sae's eyes change to show tomorrow's date (1st day of school). And then Hiro profusely apologizes and makes them all chug milk.

I know garlic breath can by 'cured' by drinking milk but are these girls not planning on brushing their teeth at all or something?
Large amounts of garlic can affect your body odor once your digestive tract starts absorbing it.
Oct 23, 2012 4:05 PM

Apr 2009
Battlesheep said:
Not even one full page of comments on this thread. And hardly even 2000 viewers according to the stats page.

It's not that it is unpopular, it's just that there really isn't much to discuss.
Oct 23, 2012 4:41 PM

Nov 2011
Nilvius said:
Battlesheep said:

It's not that it is unpopular, it's just that there really isn't much to discuss.

It is(the 4th season atleast) compared to other airing shows this season. The amount of viewers are proof enough of that.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 24, 2012 2:53 AM

Nov 2009
It's a slice of life with all girls setting, so it wouldn't attract much attention to general audience. It only serves a certain type of them (like us), some of the finest SoL+all girls type beside Hidamari are Aria the animation, Sketchbook also faced the same problems. Not to mention about A-channel, Sora no Woto(inherit the arts from K-On, but the melodrama was unbearable for the audience taste).

Shows in this group which succeeded to popularize the genre were K-On!, lucky star though(both came from Kyo Ani lol). Perhaps even Yuru Yuri but it is much more like a comedy with the same settings.
Oct 25, 2012 7:33 AM

Sep 2012
Hidamari can't be this popular with us western. We're a little to watch this kind of anime.
Oct 25, 2012 8:18 AM

Sep 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
It's a slice of life with all girls setting, so it wouldn't attract much attention to general audience. It only serves a certain type of them (like us), some of the finest SoL+all girls type beside Hidamari are Aria the animation, Sketchbook also faced the same problems. Not to mention about A-channel, Sora no Woto(inherit the arts from K-On, but the melodrama was unbearable for the audience taste).

Shows in this group which succeeded to popularize the genre were K-On!, lucky star though(both came from Kyo Ani lol). Perhaps even Yuru Yuri but it is much more like a comedy with the same settings.

For Slice Of Life, I will definitely take out Sora no Woto (melodrama does not belong to SoL) and definitely put YuruYuri in (warmhearted comedy belongs to SoL).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 25, 2012 1:50 PM

Apr 2009
Well, like I said previously. There isn't really much to talk about SOLs shows. Yes, they are enjoyable and certainly popular, but there really isn't much to contribute forum wise.

With that said though, Ichigo Mashimaro needs more love. And Azumanga Daioh seems to have been forgotten.
Oct 26, 2012 3:15 AM

Apr 2009
Nilvius said:
Well, like I said previously. There isn't really much to talk about SOLs shows. Yes, they are enjoyable and certainly popular, but there really isn't much to contribute forum wise.

With that said though, Ichigo Mashimaro needs more love. And Azumanga Daioh seems to have been forgotten.

Azumanga is probably one of the most legendary SoL that was ever created. A shame Azuma disliked it, I would kill for a Yotsuba&! anime.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 26, 2012 4:34 AM

Nov 2009
Nilvius said:

Oh I put that one in my PTW list but too busy watching it, was planning to finish Pani Poni Dash, and Azumanga after.

Nidhoeggr said:

Azumanga is probably one of the most legendary SoL that was ever created. A shame Azuma disliked it, I would kill for a Yotsuba&! anime.

The legendary SOL shows for me were Mushishi , Honey and Clover though, and even Kino's journey ... But its settings isn't the same as "all girls" environment so I didn't mention.
Takana_no_HanaOct 26, 2012 6:17 AM
Oct 26, 2012 12:14 PM

Oct 2011
Nidhoeggr said:

here is article about why it won't happen
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-12-04/yotsuba&creator-kiyohiko-azuma-addresses-anime-rumors
also a bit about those rumors

still Azumanga - one of first of this kind but still best one

Takana_no_Hana said:
But A-channel did rather well for low-budget show (which I assume it was). 5k copies of BD and DVD's is a good result.
Heck even Tamayura, aka "show that no one heard of" sold well enough to get a second season.
And to successfull series with this kind of setting I would also add Minami-ke - there was big drop between first and second season, but still we will get another series.
Aug 7, 2014 12:32 AM

Aug 2013
When you don't have food, go to Hiro's place haha. I wonder what's going to happen to Miyako once Hiro moves out. No more free meals.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 3, 2014 7:04 PM

May 2012
Pretty fun episode, let's see what's next though.
Aug 23, 2016 6:35 PM
Aug 2008
More cutting back and forth, akin to the first part of the first episode of x 365.

Politeness takes precedence over explanation, of course.

Aside from which, that is an adorably panicked voice, which probably contributes to her use as on-the-scene weather reporter.

If a bench flew by, I think it would have impact, and not just on whatever it hit.

Which means, in a few hours, it'd be about time for the landlady to pop over and check on the apartments.

Oh right, she comes over during a delivery. As I may have said during the last taifu episode, if you have sufficient food, making a delivery person go out into the typhoon to bring you some feels... wow. I hope she gets hazard pay.

What is with that calendar?

Looks like they went to Destinyland already, since she drew that mishmash of their experiences...

Hydrau-lectern!

Yoshinoya questioning the logic of the scenario...

Okay, that sign language that expresses way more than you'd think is impressive, but... shouldn't they still be covering their mouths?

The Asagi fire department will spray that fire , and empty the tanks onto it! Of course, first, the Ena fire department and its teddy will be taken out, and the Fuuka fire department will throw a cushion at it.

I imagine Nazuna would have reacted similarly on the simulator, if she hadn't been "recovering".

"Rice cakes are stretchy."
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"
Feb 21, 2021 2:55 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Yuno. That earthquake simulator was too much for her. xD

That typhoon part was so nice and heartwarming. Hiro is a great "mother."

SerafosJan 8, 2:10 AM
Feb 26, 2023 3:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ah yeah natural disasters in Japan, makes sense they have to be prepared for that or even be used to typhoon and similar stuff
Apr 17, 2023 9:18 AM

Jul 2017
Yoshinoya was too smart when she asked Yuno to be the earthquake simulator volunteer, lol, sure her scaredy-cat nature would give a very dramatic effect and effectively scared the rest of the students.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Episode 6 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Nov 8, 2012

35 by Dealka97 »»
Apr 18, 2023 5:49 AM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Episode 12 Discussion

MikuLove39 - Dec 21, 2012

32 by Ashhk »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Episode 11 Discussion

bippo - Dec 13, 2012

28 by Ashhk »»
Feb 28, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Episode 10 Discussion

bippo - Dec 6, 2012

19 by Ashhk »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Episode 9 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Nov 29, 2012

20 by Ashhk »»
Feb 28, 2023 3:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.