Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Feb 9, 2018 8:49 PM

Aug 2017
That creature is weird. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 29, 2018 8:10 PM

Aug 2016
premise is actually good, but gosh those characters are so damn "BOOOOOORING"!!!!!!, for real, I don´t care if any of them die. And I hope some of them do. that petabyte bug thing was the only interesting thing about this ep. I hope it´s ok in ep 4. poor lil thing
:v
Apr 1, 2018 3:50 AM

Dec 2017
Wow, I have only just finished Episode 3 so far but the way this series is progressing its plot and world building and foreshadowing so many different things about its world is brilliant. I can already tell I am really going to enjoy this series.

Here's hoping that the rest of the show can continue to be as enthralling as my first impressions of it so far.

Also, that ending theme is hella good and I love its soft guitar.
shikinoutaApr 1, 2018 3:54 AM
May 9, 2018 2:21 AM

Jan 2018
Oooh, Saki is stepping into unknown territory. This could be dangerous.

Dec 17, 2018 12:49 PM

May 2013
That love boat scene tho ;D ;D

I ship em, haha. SakiXShun <3

I think Satoru is bratty out of jealousy...? :P

Wonder what holographic scenes the minoshiro has in store :0 I bet it's gonna be mind blowing, violent, or inhumane :3
Jul 12, 2019 7:00 PM

Oct 2016
-People weren't kidding, this show's soundtrack is soo good.
>4:32
OnePieceED1.jpg
>16:03-16:33
JESUS, SATORU SHUT UP
-That demon just talking out of nowhere and repeating itself is pretty creepy and intimidating. Especially since all of Saki's friends can't move.
For some reason I thought we'd see or hear more of the Trickster Cat, so I'm kind of disappointed that we didn't.
Interesting series so far.

Aug 13, 2019 11:31 PM

Aug 2018
This just started veering in a direction I didn’t anticipate.
Nov 12, 2019 6:33 PM

Feb 2017
They keep calling the psychic powers PK. That must mean this happens in the same universe as Earthbound.
Jan 25, 2020 11:48 PM

Dec 2018
Seems like they'll eventually caught breaking the rules.

Nobody:
Rainbow little pony: I'm a library.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 10, 2020 3:56 AM
Aug 2016
I pity the library snail or whatever it calls, Minishiro?

First, those kids goes to a place where they are not supposed to, then Saki wanted to capture that creature when she call it evil minishiro? Is she stupid? Then the creature is using self defense but Saki make it as if it attack them with no reason.

Yeah, I mean time for truth to reveal but there are thousand ways to do it, why make an main character unlikeable?

Its funny that Saki scared of the cat but she is okay with other non-human creatures.
Jul 2, 2020 11:19 AM

Aug 2013
1Kyo said:

Questioning the logic and believability of a story is great and all, but you should at least put in the effort of answering your own questions.

It's a fully author responsibility to answer questions and make people actually believe in situations which happened for some reason. You worthless apologism won't help you or one of the worst anime of all times and I recommend you to read what ethnics really means or you know you just embarrassing yourself with an evident lack of logic and also basic knowledge.
Jul 3, 2020 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
1Kyo said:

The author does not account for stupidity in his audience.

It's pretty easy to admit since you are here - typical audience full of shit and excuses.
1Kyo said:

Your take on its philosophy is just bad.

Sure, fanboy, you just can't sit still without making childish excuses in episode three thread already and calling piece of crap made by some perverted author an entire philosophy. Go write a book about it already.

1Kyo said:

Playing the semantics game (on a translation, on top of that) out of desperation to bring an argument to the table is pathetic as it is, but then failing as horribly as you did is as lame as it can get.

Such a self-criticism and still you play this semantics game ignoring how stupid and pointless your phrases become with every attempt.

It's pretty funny that mostly disgusting things (even some anime) become a basis for a sect. See? Another interesting word for your Mr. lawyer game which is equivalent to ethnics in terms of your small head full of big excuses. This anime is crap on so much levels that your open fetishism only makes it clear what kind of audience this anime has.
LawgunJul 3, 2020 11:10 AM
Jul 4, 2020 4:09 AM

Aug 2013
1Kyo said:
But even if I actually liked this show, calling me a fanboy is not going to invalidate any of my arguments on why your logic is shit.

Sure, buddy, you are lucky that your fanboism didn't mess your logic because you hadn't any from the start. You came to old thread and found my old text and start your whining, such a "unique" worshiper you are.

1Kyo said:

Calling it a "philosophy" is neither a compliment nor an insult. It's just what it is. Want me to play "Mr. Lawyer" again by quoting the dictionary for you?

Then quote for me a part where is ethnicity has only one truly definition.
There is another interesting word for you "conception" - use it instead of pompous word "philosophy" and then maybe you wouldn't sound like a peasant which lay in a mud all night and then asking for a silver spoon on breakfast.

1Kyo said:

I'd rather write a book on how to become a gold medalist in mental gymnastics like the one you are.

But why when it's more convenient to write a book about your own mental gymnastics, call it "how to defend a shit at the cost of sanity".

Lawgun said:

I'm exposing yours. Your definition of ethnicity is false

But instead you exposed your own idiocy since ethnicity hasn't the only one definition. You need to reread your own sentences and sources obviously. All you do here is insist in a way "there are only 7 continents in the world, it's a fact!" when obviously there are also exist another conceptions of 6 and 5 continents in different countries which are facts too. But you prefer to choose one element from many and call it the only one like others don't even exist so it will be easier for you to spread your bullshit further. The only conclusion from your favorite part of definition I can do is fanboys of a concrete anime are "ethnicity" too. Any social class is "ethnicity", sport group is "ethnicity", age group is "ethnicity", gender group is "ethnicity", subculture like emo or goths are "ethnicity". This is why your definition is worthless since it works for anything and even implies existing of "ethnicity" inside of "ethnicity" (ethnicity-ception). In terms of this fairy-tale anime where "magic creatures" defined by their abilities and skills they should have their sub-"ethnicity" too. At some point your favorite definition leads us to a family as "ethnicity". This is why I prefer another definition of ethnicity which is more common and widely used which based on word ethnicity itself since ethnos is means nation rather than some illusive categories of people which "shared customs" like fetishes or clothes, absolutely insane.

Lawgun said:
Man, you're almost as good dodging them as you are dodging common sense. We should start working on this book already.

It's always funny to read about common sense from a local Joker as a representative of clown "ethnicity", you are like an alcoholic which talks about alcoholism with a negative connotation.

1Kyo said:

Oh so I'm a lawyer now

Yes, a lawyer with a tragic clown attitude. What? You didn't know that fanboy is close to a lawyer by default? Both must defend any crap. One of them at least make money and another is simpleton.

1Kyo said:

I'm very disturbed that after making guesses about my opinion on this anime, you're making guesses about my fetishes.

It's pretty obvious and it's not even a guess since Shinsekai Yori is a famous by its perversion so I see your "disturbing" as a simple hypocrisy. What next? You'll say that "Boku no Pico" is a great anime about friendship?
Jul 6, 2020 7:49 AM

Aug 2013
1Kyo said:

Thanks for the thought, but I can decide for myself whether or not I like this anime. I don't need you for that.

Oh no, it's still your hypocrisy talking, it's so important to decide something for yourself and nobody should interfere, thankfully it works for you only but not for others, am I right? "If you don't like something what I like then your logic is failed!" - this is your retarded message through the whole thread and this is why I answer to you that you are simply a fetishist since you are unreasonably obsessed.

1Kyo said:
No, a philosophy is not necessarily a conception. I have no reason to restrict my vocabulary to your level because you think it's "pompous".

Your vocabulary saying it all, you don't understand the weight of words so you are using them by ignoring a context and common sense. Your grandiloquence looks pretty awkwardly in terms of such teenage anime which was made by author obviously under impression from X-men movies.

1Kyo said:

Oh but I'm not defending you, though.

Yes, you are defending yourself and your fetishes.

1Kyo said:

Intellectual dishonesty at its finest. You are basically arguing against your own points. You were the one clinging to a single definition

My own points are still with me though, it's not an ethnic conflict and I wrote why I think in such a way. Your choice of definition is retarded since even disabled people are "ethnic group", even a family, all of it has nothing to do with word ethnics itself. It's you clinging to a single definition (worthless one) which never used in context of wars so you are simply failed.

1Kyo said:

There IS more than one definition for ethnicity. More than the one definition you "prefer" using. That was the point all along.

Wow, now look at the mirror and repeat it to yourself Mr. "Your definition of ethnicity is false!" - you said it word by word. You like to talk about vocabulary games since you are totally into it, it's your only basis, I bet you still didn't understand that all these definitions can't be sum up but are oppose each other instead since they seeing ethnic group differently. When I think about ethnic conflicts I remember modern wars in Africa which are actually called ethnic wars. When you insist on using "any group of people is ethnic group" definition it sounds simply retarded and don't need an "ethnic" word at all. And since such groups could be inside other groups it nullifies meaning of "ethnic war" at all. It should be called social group instead.

1Kyo said:

So you only responded my use of the term "common sense", ignoring the actual message at hand. You also resorted to ad hominem once again. You're not making any points.

You had a message? I bet it's just drown in your excuses.

1Kyo said:
We can gladly turn this whole thing around and argue against one of your favorite anime, turning you against the lawyer defending "crap".

Well, yes, this is how it works or you thought that if your perversion made you blind everyone around should be blind too? If you forgot already it's you who came to this old thread and answer to my old message BECAUSE of your fanboy itching.

1Kyo said:

So you don't think it's weird at all to think about what sexually arouses me because I disapproved of your idea that ethnic conflicts are not part of the aftermath from telekinesis.

It's absolutely normal since 50% of this anime is about perversion which is for hormone unstable target community and other 50% is about shitty plot and retarded characters for simple minded people. Author used "ethnic war" concept just to make a move towards modern left-wing to make some worthless morale statements to oppose Japan mono-culture one-nation tradition. This is why this anime is crap on so many levels.
LawgunJul 6, 2020 8:00 AM
Jul 7, 2020 2:23 PM

Aug 2013
1Kyo said:

"bla-bla-bla, "ad hominem" - this is why you are wrong!"

There are two funny details, first of all I never used the fact that you are fanboy to erase your argumentation (since you only made an assumption that 0.3% was in "ethnic war" with 99.7% of people somehow when it's not even a war with such pathetic percentage, some anarcho-marginals against global society - shittiest conception ever) so I just sum up most strange elements of this anime and mixed it with a typical fanboy portrait in typical fanboy circumstances, and second moment - you used "ad hominem" trick against me and implying that all I do here is only talking about your fetishes when I talking about definitions, anime itself AND your fetishes. Your "ad hominem" is a pure moralization and it's failed.

1Kyo said:
"Bla-bla-bla I meant another thing, you misunderstood!"

I got it, you don't understand the importance of context and think that definition is somehow universal and could be used anywhere and anyhow.

1Kyo said:

No, I am defending the author's stance on the influence of telekinesis on contemporary society.

So your only argument is "fairy-tale lives with fairy-tale rules" then since telekinesis for you is somehow a greatest thing ever and could form an ethnic group just like that and be a reason for a global war which is bigger than WW2 somehow. Oh, and telekinesis is enough to win a war for 0.3% of peopl - some wild chaotic degenerates. People with telekinesis could form "ethnic group" only if it has the same connotation as a group of disabled or a group of sportsmen or a group of mercenaries - all of them got their common traits during life. But for some reason all these examples never were and never will be called "ethnic groups" simply because there is nothing about ethnics.

1Kyo said:
Racial traits, such as skin color, are categorized in an ethnic group as well, which, once again, is another trait that is independent from nationality.

Cool, the only problem is all of it has nothing to do with your chosen definition of ethnicity because in terms of anime "telekinesis humans" weren't even grouped properly, they acted like typical self-centered marginals, got telekinesis without any reason and instantly, were from different places and of different nations and races - it's no better than attempt to summarize schizo neighbors around the world in an ethnic group by their the only one common trait - schizophrenia or their love to use a knife for example.

1Kyo said:
What is false is the idea to limit a partial definition to itself and treating it as the entire definition, not accepting the other parts that are supposed to complement it.

It doesn't work like this. Let's take a word "pussy" for a random example - there are at least three definitions for it and they are different in terms of context and nobody use it by ignoring context. But you insist that you could use any definition of a word just like you want because you have seen them together in explanatory dictionary and that's it.

1Kyo said:

none of them utilizes term such as "only" to deem the other definitions as illegitimate.

Yes, in terms of dictionary by default all of definitions are equal and it's all about a personal choice and semantics but in terms of context wording you could use (not even choose) the only one definition since context is the one only.

1Kyo said:

No, it is drown in the argumentation you are too busy dodging.

No, I was busy by talking about obvious things.

1Kyo said:

Bla-bla-bla where are my logical answers?

The thing is it's a principle of a mirror, how and mostly important WHERE should I use my logical answers when you didn't ask any logical questions? I use my obvious statements instead.

1Kyo said:

"Bal-bla-bla there are not so much of perversion so let's pretend it's not perverted at all!"

If only it was so simple. The thing is it's not just about perverted acts themselves but also about how ridiculous was author idea of a local perverted system.

1Kyo said:

Unlike hentai or ecchi anime, it is never actually explicit in its depiction, nor even remotely arousing.

You see, I used a word fetish because of perverse nature of this anime since fetishes are more about psychological preferences than about typical sexual interest. Ecchi anime in comparison is simple in its conception and demonstrates obvious sexual things since such a tag give you basic understanding of content. On other hand Shinsekai Yori is pretend to be some kind of serious story but it throws at you weird "things" and trying hard to rationalize it - it uses excuses like a caught in the act fetishist which understands for himself that his interests aren't normal and trying his best to explain everything even though nobody asked for explanation and just looking at him silently.
LawgunJul 7, 2020 2:44 PM
Jul 9, 2020 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
1Kyo said:
That would be a hasty generalization, not an ad hominem. But I did not commit that either, because I never implied that you only talk about my fetishes.

The thing is you said "Your argumentation purely consists of ad hominems" and said "The author does not account for stupidity in his audience" which is typical "ad personam" which is sub-form of "ad hominem". See? Everything works in both ways, I simply generalizing and I mentioned several times already that your manner is pretty typical, look at the high score of this anime and summarize it with a local weirdness. Fanclub of this anime is a total mess obviously, who else would defend such anime in a old thread.

1Kyo said:

Ad hominem is not a moralization, it is a logical fallacy and an error in argumentation.

"Ad hominem" itself isn't a moralization but if you most of times refer to a such thing by pretending that I used "Ad hominem" when you aren't even though you used many of reckless statements - it's a pure moralization. It's just an attempt to look more competent with a morale high ground.

1Kyo said:

But nitpicking the word "philosophy" in an ordinary discussion on an internet forum is not one of those situations, even if you were right about me missing the context.

It's not a nitpicking, this anime is disgusting, by my standards it's lower than bad or copy-paste. So when I see a word as "philosophy" in context of such anime it sounds no better than "philosophy of shit" to me.

1Kyo said:
It mentioned that a single PK-user was capable of annihilating an entire human civilization if they tried

So basically it's a fairy-tale with fairy-tale rules. Sounds no better than One Punch Man which is a comedic parody at least.

1Kyo said:
As I mentioned earlier, 0.3% of people are still more than 20 million.

Not everyone could be a killing machine though even in such circumstances, most of such people won't even move from their beds the whole day because of depression. Even though it's a fairy-tale it's heavily based on social aspects so that's why there still works a classical social rule of active minority (even in a little group exist minority of minority) makes history or doing something worthy of mentioning and since all these "special" people not organized and hadn't any ideology or at least some kind of rule center then most of them would plainly die one by one. And don't forget a typical element - traitors. But since this anime is ridiculous we only could see DEMONS in human bodies which lost humanity instantly when got genes somehow, it's a bullshit.

1Kyo said:

Yes, it would have a bigger impact than WW2, because WW2 actually ended. Mass murder was be caused by tension between high authorities using actual military resources to cause destruction, and not from a spontaneous thought by a random anonymous civilian acting for their own selfish reasons.

Countries in this anime are modern so they could easily find "wrong genes" and "delete" them on a fetus stage or kill a fetus. So it looks like author just wanted some armorplot.

1Kyo said:

Your argumentation primarily consists of a combination of ad hominems (disguising personal remarks as arguments) and causal fallacies (assuming the cause). Furthermore, you are also consistently making use of strawman (misrepresenting my position) and red herring fallacies (distracting from the argument).

The thing is defense by rationalization doesn't work here. You can mention "ad hominem" as much as you like but it won't change reality in which you approached me in old thread with such pretense.

1Kyo said:

A classic example of the aforementioned combination of ad hominem and false cause.

A classic example of rationalization - you positioning yourself as neutral independent observer, it just like it's not you who by fact came to old thread and found my old message which I wrote THREE YEARS AGO (why should a care about shitty anime I watched 3 years ago?) and started your so called argumentation (*cough* holy war *cough*) full of "highly likely" statements and defense of author personally. Who the hell is fanboy then if not you when you are a most typical representation which is more obvious with each your "I am not a fan, but...".

1Kyo said:

Now imagine I was consistently making assumptions about who you are as a person and using them as basis for my argumentation

Because you can't, as a holy warrior full of righteous anger and beliefs you just can't expose me anyhow when I am typical atheist towards this anime. I have no faith in such anime.

LawgunJul 9, 2020 4:38 PM
Jul 12, 2020 6:34 AM

Aug 2013
1Kyo said:

Pointing out the flaws in someone's argumentation is not an ad hominem.

I am glad that you at last understood it and agreed that I just point out your flaws because your obsession by "ad hominem" was laughable from the start.

1Kyo said:
It doesn't matter how absurd a supernatural concept is in fiction as long as the story adapts to it using real-life logic.

This is the point, this anime failed to adapt to terms of real-life logic and made it with a serious face where others made comedy or typical heroic epic which was far away from reality by all means. Since you ignored pretty much everything what I wrote I won't bother with your silly excuses.

1Kyo said:
Bla-bla-bla, what If you suddenly woke up with telekinetic?!

Are you author of this anime? Who cares about your fanfic representation of things which weren't in anime itself. This anime was based on reality with a purpose, nobody asked retarded author to mix reality and fantasy in a such stupid way, instead he could make another typical "in far-far away fairyland" so his crap would be more believable at least. Telekinesis itself means nothing in such context (you once again paid attention to some crap like it's something important), it's not just about how telekinesis became an ultimate power which is nothing new after dozens of same anime or comics but about how telekinesis changed nature of people for no reason but since you are "edgy" type which really thinks that if you got a super-power then you'll definitely should go on streets to kill everyone.

1Kyo said:
Whether your post is one week old or three years old would not have changed the way I responded. Furthermore, your recent responses do not hint that your position from three years ago has changed at all. Which of your points are you trying to support by bringing that up? What are you trying to prove by pointing that out?

It just means that you are simply retarded. The more you writing the more you look like a representation of this anime in terms of naivety with a mix of trendy and edgy.

1Kyo said:
I can't make an assumption about you and use it as an argument? I don't want to, but I sure can: "Sure, buddy, you are lucky that your fanboism homophobia didn't mess your logic because you hadn't any from the start"

Where have you seen a phobia here when I talk from the start about disgusting perversions? Who would have thought if you step on a shit and disliked it then it will be called a shitPHOBIA immediately in some bigot trendy group. I start thinking that you are not only can't think properly since you live in your own fanboy fetishist reality but you can't even read properly since with every message you are using more and more silly "highly likely" assumptions full of water and childish whining about your favorite "ad hominem" and "you are wrong since you disliked crap I liked".
LawgunJul 12, 2020 1:57 PM
Jul 14, 2020 1:29 PM

Feb 2020
feel like i'm the only one confused on what's going on and what the point of everything is but i'm sure it's just so we can get to know the world before something major happens.

somehow, i'm really enjoying it w/o understanding it fully.

i love the ed sm i literally can't get over it wow.
Oct 25, 2020 5:37 AM

Jan 2020
The opening part of every episode seems to tell a short but historically significant story, which is really interesting. I like this kind of storytelling.

I have to say, this show has some really weird creatures. They do a really good job in creeping me out. Their design is quite unique, though.

I'm really liking Saki and Shun. Their chemistry, as well as Shun's sorta mysterious personality is appealing to me. Other characters, despite being not very unique so far, are likeable to say the least.

The "Evil Minoshiro" is apparently a moving library? This show just keeps impressing more and more as I watch every progressing episode. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 2, 2020 10:46 PM

Jul 2017
A very slow episode but this show loves to really sell the mystery elements in it as equally as the supernatural-fantasy ones too. The canoeing part was boring but it was the final third that felt a lot more interesting to me (especially the computer creature conceptually was pretty unique I'll give it that). Plus, I love the opening sequences of these episodes and this intro looked damn nice too. I still can't really enjoy the cast sadly, which again didn't help me for more than half the episode.
Nov 21, 2020 1:17 AM

Nov 2020
i can't for the life of me tell if i like this show or not
Dec 26, 2020 1:56 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This is some good shit, I can get why this is highly acclaimed. But fuck me because I find it kind of boring. Maybe I’ll just come back later when I’m in the mood for some slow burn shit. Don’t get me wrong, I see people raving about how good this is and I want the same for myself; I want to enjoy tf out of this as well. So far though the only praise I can give it is “decent”. It’s only episode 3 so of course it’s too soon to do any proper judging. These are just my first impressions of it so far.

edit @ feb 2022: dang I really wasn't digging this now was I lol
BetaMaleUltraFeb 11, 2022 2:47 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 4, 2022 12:21 PM
Nov 2020
I don't understand an single thing here but I will pretend that I do and will say

I see...
Feb 11, 2022 3:01 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I think I remember now dropping it halfway through this episode while they were talking about creatures around the campfire... I think I was just bored out of my mind

But this time, I'm going all the way to the end baby. I'm surprised I dropped it as just as soon as it was really getting interesting.

I like how they all proceed to stare at the rainbow unicorn creature even though they've already concluded that looking at it will put them in hypnosis lol

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 31, 2022 8:34 AM

Feb 2021
The anime is getting interesting now and the creature design was really amazing. I was about drop this but after watching this episode I will continue the animr.
Apr 20, 2022 9:48 PM

Dec 2018
i'm extremely impressed so far, please don't dash my hopes like so many shows halfway through or at the end it's too intriguing (looking at you promised neverland, darling in the franxx, SNK)
Apr 26, 2022 3:49 PM

Jan 2020
When the idea of a library came up I was leaning towards the main characters being in a simulation. That the rainbow creature was someone outside of that interacting with a database and we're seeing the story from inside that. But, I'm not entirely sure if that is what was being alluded to as they went on to mention that the information was within the creature itself. I'm guessing things will get fleshed out a bit more next episode.

Either way, the camping stuff was pretty boring, but this show sure does know how to throw random curveballs when it needs to. The story seems to be all over the place.

I'm also not entirely sure what is going on with all the different opening sequences. But, considering this show is telling stuff by jumping around different gaps of time, that could suggest the idea of this being a simulation-library thing again. We're watching events that have already happened leading up to something else bigger in the story.

I guess we'll see what happens -- It feels like I'm trying to keep up with Steins;Gate all over again.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 11, 2023 6:25 AM
Jul 2022
This was another great episode that expanded on the seemingly lovely world of Shinsekai Yori. The visuals and soundtrack were on display here, as they both stole the show. At some point the series just felt like some slice of life in an interesting mysterious fantasy world, as the kids of Group 1 (If I recall) just seek to camp out together. Why? It's never explained and doesn't need to be, just simple fun and beauty in youth. Shun is a character who I have my eyes on. He feels like the character with hidden agendas. I say this based off of nothing other than the vibe I'm getting from his perfect, easy going, and curious persona. And after the discovery in the episode of what seems to be some form of biological, mechanical life, I'm fully for the theory that Shun will turn out to be one of them for whatever reason. Or he's just a good kid. And speaking of the Minoshiro, what a fascinating original creature. I mentioned in my mini review of the previous episode how I'm interested to see the different variations of monsters and fiends in the series, and Minohiro did not disappoint. Its appearance leant it this alien, and unknowable element to it. Especially considering how it moves, functions and speaks. I'm very so so on how I feel about it being able to communicate in this robotic, perfect English (I watch the dub), but it is still somewhat threatening and creepy to me. As well, it's talks of libraries and interfaces and archives was quite surprising, but then I remember the very first opening of the series took place in a modern-day city with cars, and modern clothing, so I see what the series revelation could be leading up to. Speaking if openings, this episodes' opening of 3 samurai looking warriors storming and assassinating a leader was one of the coolest openings I've ever seen in an anime recently. The series knows (how) to capture a viewer's attention, with chaotic action, stunning visuals, epic score, and fluid animation. Its relevance is unclear at this point, but I know it will all come back later. My theory is in the openings' relation to the hyper advanced Minoshiro, as the opening took place 5000 years prior, if I'm not mistaken, and the current timeline is 1000 year later. So I'm thinking maybe in that time span, society maybe became modernized and was then sent back to the stone age or dark ages by the event taking place in the beginning of episode 01. Just a theory that's probably wrong.
Jul 23, 2023 4:53 AM

Jul 2022
It's getting interesting
Dec 27, 2023 9:50 AM

Sep 2017
It's kind of annoying seeing the girl trying to act all almighty and hero-of-justice-ish
خ
Feb 15, 4:14 PM

Oct 2022
They seem too okay with one of their friend disappeared. Fake friends, i guess.
So the library cause people's mind to go blank when they stare at it? That's a library alright.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.