Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 28, 2012 3:41 PM
Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A Great Anime but its a bit pity that they left us with a cliffhanger... I hope they will make a second season to continue.
FantassyApr 5, 2013 12:56 PM
Sep 28, 2012 4:05 PM
Mar 2012
Anyone know which chapter in the manga the anime ended? Too lazy to check myself because there are 288 chapters at the moment.
Sep 28, 2012 4:10 PM

May 2011
It was good series, but it would be better if they didn't rush things up.

7/10
Sep 28, 2012 4:45 PM

Apr 2008
Sooo.... what's the deal? Even MAL says I can't complete it because it's ''still airing''! Special/OVA/Movie for yoin rematch or whole 2nd season !? SHOULD BE IMO !!
8/10, kept entertaining me enough
Sep 28, 2012 5:03 PM

Mar 2011
It would be nice to get a second season.

It all depends on WHY the show ended at this random point. Bad sales, no money? I can't imagine something that's been on jump so long not having a decent fanbase. I did noticed the animation and art dropped a notch since like episode 12-13 or such..

Most likely I'll have to start the manga
Sep 28, 2012 5:18 PM

Jan 2012
Can't even consider this an ending. If they won't make another season, they can burn in hell. The show itself was good and enjoyable.

Sep 28, 2012 6:29 PM

Mar 2011
I'm really not sure. I never really payed attention to the sales for it, but I never saw it on any listings for BD or DVD.

The studio that animated it also does shin chan and Doraemon so they are used to long running stuff but outside of that they don't do too much.
Sep 28, 2012 9:26 PM
May 2012
I don't think it was rushed at all! i mean throughout the series every time when enoshima discovers other teams weakness they score like nothing happened as if they were newbies!
i had high expectations of it but i guess it will never be like major!
but it was good!
The only thing that was annoying is kakeru, nii chan this and nii chan that!
ooh!PUT A SOCK in it!
that part of kakeru is lame!
Sep 28, 2012 9:35 PM

Jul 2012
Wow. This ending came out of nowhere. I would have to assume it was a financial decision, since ending it in the middle of the tournament at episode 37 doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I quite enjoyed Area no Kishi though. I would have liked to see some more development between Kakeru and Seven, and Kakeru's new phi trick, as well as the result of this tournament. I was also a little disappointed they dropped the Suguru heart transplant/body takeover aspect too. Sure, it wasn't exactly realistic, but it added something different and interesting to an otherwise fairly standard soccer anime. I think they did a decent job of wrapping it up whilst leaving it open for another season, considering the apparent circumstances surrounding it's ending. Overall, I would give it an 8/10, and this is from someone who doesn't even like to watch soccer (a.k.a. 85 minutes of passing, 4 minutes of diving and 1 minute of action).
Sep 28, 2012 10:09 PM

Jan 2011
Good episode. Though it just trails off at the end when Enoshima goes against Yoin...
And what's more, Yoin now has some ace striker that looks like Kakeru. Man... I seriously wanted to watch this to the end.

Overall, I found this anime very enjoyable though at times I found it a bit boring. Especially when Kakeru goes all gay and rapes his chest.

Wonder if there'll be a 2nd season?
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Sep 28, 2012 10:17 PM
Feb 2011
It was really a shock know that ep. 27 was the last one, I'd like to know the reason of this, anyway

It was worth the time spent: 8/10

Waiting for the second season.
Sep 28, 2012 10:40 PM

Jan 2011
After 37 episodes and the ups and downs we get that random ending.

What....the....shit?

I guess they figured to end it because the goal of the MC is clear cut and he will never reach it in the short term and once he does what's next?

Best thing about this episode was Seven's character during the beach scene.

It was never a great sports anime but it wasn't bad either. In truth, most of the matches were pretty well done and exciting. Still KnB this season kinda set the bar for intergame sports anime for me lol.
Sep 29, 2012 12:52 AM

May 2011
decent anime, but bad ending. Things were about to go badass as the match they are going to have with yoin right now is gonna be super awesome. But they decided to stop it just right when they were turning awesome. Disappointing.

well. for the love of soccer, 8/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 29, 2012 3:04 AM

May 2012
melina_putri said:
Anyone know which chapter in the manga the anime ended? Too lazy to check myself because there are 288 chapters at the moment.

Just answered here:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=497937

Or short answer, read from vol. 19
Sep 29, 2012 7:04 AM

Dec 2011
Rastamepas said:
It would be nice to get a second season.

It all depends on WHY the show ended at this random point. Bad sales, no money? I can't imagine something that's been on jump so long not having a decent fanbase. I did noticed the animation and art dropped a notch since like episode 12-13 or such..

Most likely I'll have to start the manga

It's probably just that they had this episode as a finish for the first season. So that I guess if they weren't able to make a second season or there wasn't enough demand or whatever, then it wouldn't be somewhat of a partially finished story.

Nevertheless it was a great watch for a Shounen Football/Soccer anime that not only purely focused on the High school aspect, but also the Females and U18 side as well, which is what I liked about it. I hope it's able to carry on in the near future~
Sep 29, 2012 9:04 AM
Sep 2007
It hopefully just going into a hiatus for the fall season and it will be back for the winter lineup... I WANT MORE ! ! !
Sep 29, 2012 10:13 AM

Sep 2008
I can't belive is over now!
This can't end up like this!
Second season, movie, ova...
I will wait *.*
Sep 29, 2012 11:58 AM

Dec 2011
Quite a pitiful end. I can tell that even the animation and voicing job became terrible.

I really enjoyed this show, but too bad it has to end like this.
6/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2012 2:28 PM

Mar 2012
whyy!
why didn't it end with an awesome last match with Yoin
Like the match between Kise and Aomine in Kuroko no Basket
Sep 29, 2012 4:15 PM
Aug 2009
This ending...It dropped the show score form a 8 to a 6 to me :(
Sep 29, 2012 4:51 PM

Jul 2012
Last episode wasn't perfect but not too bad. I enjoyed most of this series so 8/10. I want second season too.

Overall, I found this anime very enjoyable though at times I found it a bit boring. Especially when Kakeru goes all gay and rapes his chest.

lol'd and agreed
Sep 29, 2012 5:36 PM
Mar 2010
I refuse to accept this atrocity as a final episode. They better make a season 2...
Sep 29, 2012 7:26 PM
Aug 2011
I have to say that this end was pretty lame....
Sep 29, 2012 9:02 PM

May 2008
Season 2 PLEASE :D Even now the reminiscence of Suguru makes me feel sad .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 29, 2012 11:52 PM

Jan 2011
Based on the discussion regarding how far the manga has gone in the link above, it seems like not a bad spot to end the first season. If the manga has just finished the final game in the tournament, and this episode ends it with the beginning of the semi-final does anyone think that we could have had a full 13 more episodes without either excessive padding (and many complaints about it) or even worse (in some people's minds) filler episodes?

That speech from Seven was clearly the highlight of this episode. Unfortunately Kakeru does not seem to have totally understood just what she was saying. I think Seven is also waiting for him to realize that she is a lot more than a practice partner....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 30, 2012 2:57 AM

Jul 2011
I just can't write anything right now because I'm very angry seeing the way this series is over...
I loved the first 2 episodes but after, I hated that thing about his brother taking Kakeru's body, but later, they focused more on the matches and I started to love this again.

WHY DID IT END?! ...so much rage

8/10
Sep 30, 2012 3:05 AM

Mar 2012
Typical cliffhanger ending damn.. 7/10..
Keep moving forward
Sep 30, 2012 4:40 AM
Jun 2011
what the hell ...
Sep 30, 2012 8:19 AM

Apr 2009
It wasn't a bad episode over all, it was a bit rushed. But, for it being the last episode... totally left it hanging. Seriously, they get to the semi finals vs yoin, kick off and it's over. That's not even the final game of that tournament.
Sep 30, 2012 3:50 PM
Jul 2012
Well, f*ck! They had to make it feel like Eyeshield 21! Just like it, it ended without them completing the tournament! I HOPE that they make a second season, because if they do that, I wouldn't mind, it would be like having Eyeshield 21 with soccer instead, thats what I somewhat hoped for in this anime, it did achieve my expectations, other than the lack of episodes. I think they will at least make an OVA, one that will tell us the very last match of the tournament at least, instead of a cliffhanger, also want the number of the chapter the anime left us on!
Oct 1, 2012 12:50 AM

May 2012
NOTHING was rushed, NOTHING was made up, not a single piece of the last episode.

Everything happens in the manga and honestly I prefer a series to be cut like this rather than making up some ending that could effectively kill all possibilities of a second season or any future project, so everyone that is so pessimistic and saying how shitty and lame the ending is give it a second thought and you will see this give us hope.

Even in worst case scenario and no second season at least the anime will not ruin the manga story and if you really liked it you can jump to the manga, dont make me begin citing multitude of anime series that have ruined or killed (for future anime that is) the manga version.

Acxelion said:
also want the number of the chapter the anime left us on!

I already posted this here and even made a new topic so anyone could easily see this info but guess its not enough lol, ok here we go again:

Anime covers until Vol. 18 so you need to read from 19+ (chapter 150) Actually read the last pages of Vol. 18 (chap 149) too.

Currently at chapter 288 with the championship final between Enoshima and Leonardo Silva´s school, since Leo Silva is Kakerus rival guess the manga climax is over, we will see.

9988Oct 1, 2012 12:57 AM
Oct 2, 2012 2:09 AM

Feb 2012
9988 said:
NOTHING was rushed, NOTHING was made up, not a single piece of the last episode.

Everything happens in the manga and honestly I prefer a series to be cut like this rather than making up some ending that could effectively kill all possibilities of a second season or any future project, so everyone that is so pessimistic and saying how shitty and lame the ending is give it a second thought and you will see this give us hope.

Even in worst case scenario and no second season at least the anime will not ruin the manga story and if you really liked it you can jump to the manga, dont make me begin citing multitude of anime series that have ruined or killed (for future anime that is) the manga version.

I agree with 9988. I think I like the ending the way it is. Though it's a cliff hanger, it leaves room for curiosity.... or a second season. And if there's no season 2, we can always refer to the manga.

The ending doesn't drop by score. It will still retain as an 8/10. I enjoyed the series and will definitely continue the series if there were to make a second season.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Oct 2, 2012 9:03 AM

May 2008
6/10 it was OK... so there chapter 288 :O i hope they finish the anime off someday
Oct 2, 2012 3:30 PM

Oct 2011
anime is sooo close 2 manga cuz last chap. i browsed on, the Yoin v Enoshima re-match's about to start
Oct 3, 2012 9:34 PM

Nov 2011
Well, I started this series all the way back in January (put it on-hold during Summer) and now just finished it. Well, I can't say that the ending was good considering the way it was executed.

Overall, it was a fun series although a bit repetitive at times for its games and matches. I liked the introduction of some of the other characters particularly Araki-kun who can miraculously change his weight proportions on an episode basis. Anyways, it was a fun ride. Nothing special to this series though and probably will pass on the manga for now.

5/10.
Oct 6, 2012 11:02 AM
Aug 2009
I'm still shocked to learn that 37 was the last episode.
But I will not lower the score only in this last episode.

9/10 Good anime! I recommend, and look what I hate football lol
Oct 6, 2012 11:24 AM

Aug 2011
This show is good but very predictable. Even knew when and who was going to score before happening.

5/10
Oct 19, 2012 12:53 PM

Mar 2010
I rather have cut off ending than a filler. Show was able to collect itself up in the end :) 8/10 from me too

9988 said:

Anime covers until Vol. 18 so you need to read from 19+ (chapter 150) Actually read the last pages of Vol. 18 (chap 149) too.

lol and manga is english translated until 101, i hope they skip chapters D:
LylaazOct 19, 2012 1:08 PM
Oct 20, 2012 3:52 AM

May 2010
It ended......................was that a end??
Nov 1, 2012 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
I was planning on watching this for a month.Finished it in 4 days instead.I just couldn't stop watching it!!I think it's my favorite soccer anime now.

And yeah,I really hope there is a second season.But the anime covered almost 20 volumes,and the last one to come out was the 32th.So we'll likely have to wait quite some time for another season.
MatthzJul 4, 2013 11:55 PM
Nov 1, 2012 4:43 PM

Jun 2010
That was one ... mediocre ... anime.

Don't get me wrong - it had its enjoyable scenes, but the story was too cheesy for my taste, the characters were also a little too bland especially the team players and Kakeru was your typical boring/uninteresting male lead.

Oh - it would have been great if they had kept Suguru and made him the MC (optionally killing Kakeru) - and hey... since One Outs we know that a skillful player can make one hell of a great MC in a sports anime - doesn't have to be your typical weak guy who needs his skill growth (but that's a different story). ^^

As for the soccer - the excessive usage of standstill shots - only animating the ball or even only showing lines - has put me a little off. Combined with the tendency to use very close angles and the hard cuts (sometimes not even showing them kicking) - the games don't feel very fluid and lack dynamics.

Also as a sidenote - please get rid of those commentators and those scenes where the whole team repeats a name over and over and over... it annoys the hell out of me.

Ultimately I enjoyed Giant Killing a lot more.
AsturaetusNov 1, 2012 4:48 PM
Dec 5, 2012 4:06 PM

Apr 2011
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Area-no-kishi-Area-Knight/178096245623756

pls like my page and tag along in discussions :)
Dec 27, 2012 7:09 PM

Jun 2009
Second Season i beat.
Jan 16, 2013 3:29 AM

Aug 2008
Too bad the Anime ended like this. As far as I know, it should have had 52 episodes but they ended it because the rating were bad.
So a second season is not gonna happen. Even if I would like that :)

07/10 (because of the open ending)
Feb 4, 2013 7:39 AM
Feb 2013
i loved the series, too bad it ended so abruptly. i tried looking for chapter 149 so i can continue on with the story, but it is nowhere to be found. chapter 111 is the most recent one. can anyone help? im really confused and i really want to keep up with the storyline.
Mar 2, 2013 9:56 PM

Apr 2010
i think the ending was actually quite touching. everytime I see Suguru, i starto cry,SOOOO touching! love this anime, but i still wish suguru lived
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
May 23, 2013 6:36 PM

Jan 2008
Well that was a disappointing episode. Guessing the show just got cancelled or something?

Best thing about this episode. No fog during commercial break cut scene. /bewbies.
Jul 16, 2013 10:08 AM

Feb 2013
Loved it. Just waiting for the manga to overtake:')
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Aug 20, 2013 8:41 PM

Jul 2012
Asturaetus said:

I'm halfway done GK and I have to say that AnK is way more exciting in terms of soccer. GK tries to work on character development and is more realistic though.
Oct 5, 2013 1:06 AM

Jun 2011
SHIT!! I was so excited for the rematch, damn. Oh well just have to wait for the translation of the manga, which would probably take years.

mayukachan said:
Asturaetus said:

I'm halfway done GK and I have to say that AnK is way more exciting in terms of soccer. GK tries to work on character development and is more realistic though.

Bolded: Agree.

A solid 6/10.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2012

24 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 18, 2022 3:04 PM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2012

31 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 18, 2022 1:07 PM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2012

20 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 15, 2022 11:11 AM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2012

17 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 15, 2022 10:23 AM

» Nana Mishima

FiddlePie - May 22, 2022

2 by FiddlePie »»
Sep 25, 2022 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.