Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 3, 2012 4:58 AM

Oct 2009
Really good start imo, the characters aren't too interesting at this point, except am really digging the katana chick ;)

The CG was done excellently but i would still prefer 2D, music is great, animation too. Overall great first episode, next episode!! C.C and Suzaku! Woop WOOP!

-Lelouch better show up sometime!
Oct 3, 2012 5:25 AM

Feb 2012
Wow, the first movie really hooked me. I like the characters so far, especially the Chinese man that appeared at the end of the movie. I'm looking forward to Suzaku's and CC's appearance next time, but I won't be very pleased if Lelouch appears... I love him to bits, but... I don't know.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Oct 3, 2012 11:35 AM
Mar 2012
The movie was very good, hope those two main characters will have a bit of romance and at the end Hyuuga said that about him and the movie stoped noooo!!! want to see more but next will be airing next year :'(

Give me a weapon!!! I will enter battle until the next movie is out. Hile Europe!!
kairi07Oct 3, 2012 11:41 AM
Oct 3, 2012 11:41 AM
Mar 2012
KingLear said:
Wow, the first movie really hooked me. I like the characters so far, especially the Chinese man that appeared at the end of the movie. I'm looking forward to Suzaku's and CC's appearance next time, but I won't be very pleased if Lelouch appears... I love him to bits, but... I don't know.

@KingLear if you are ever going to read this well, there is something that you can really rely on
and that is.... you ^^
Oct 3, 2012 3:22 PM

Mar 2012
I expected this to be terrible and I was afraid it would have no relevance to the storyline as I could not see any of the side characters in the character list but knowing C2 will be in the next ep is just fantastic.
Oct 3, 2012 5:57 PM

Jul 2010
There is no fuckin lelouch here so stop talking about him , this is a whole new anime similar to the old code geass series , all new story and characters get it?

The people leaving these comments are so dumb , so anyone who wants to leave the same comment try to use your brain even if its hard.
Oct 4, 2012 11:56 PM

Sep 2011
that was some good stuff

i really like the Alexander's unique design
loved the Tonfas and the blades hidden in the arms
Oct 5, 2012 6:09 AM

Apr 2012
It was OK but didn't give me goosebumps. I don't mind the CG looked well done. Story ummm yeah it was alright but waiting until 2013 to watch ep 2 then probably 6 months for ep 3. The pacing will feel slow and lack tension, same thing happened with Gundam Unicorn. I'll watch it but it will always lack something because of the way its released.
Oct 5, 2012 10:50 AM

Sep 2010
Meh.... This isn't Code Geass..... Just milking Code Geass.....
Oct 5, 2012 11:43 AM
Sep 2012
Aw..I don't need Suzaku, I need Lelouch

and the fact he survived in the end after the end of R2 >.<
Oct 5, 2012 11:57 AM

Sep 2008
Meh, just meh.

All this show achieved is getting me pumped to rewatch original code geass, nothing more. It was below average in every aspect.
Oct 5, 2012 3:21 PM

Jul 2010
"Leila... trying to make sense of everything is an exercise in stupidity."

What's up with all that hatred?
That was GREAT!
Seems like the closest thing to "War and Peace" I have ever seen in anime. (some people will kill me for saying that)
-- Sure, it'll be great to know of ANOTHER show whose intentions are simillar.
DodoNiOct 5, 2012 3:25 PM
我愛你
Oct 5, 2012 4:54 PM

Feb 2009
This was boring, just really boring. I loved Code Geass season 1 and 2, but this isn't anywhere near as good... Kinda dissapointing even. I expected more. I hope the second part will be better, the preview looked better.
Oct 5, 2012 11:32 PM

Jul 2012
Well I was disappointed for such a project the only good animation were during the mech fights. Everything else was average.

The big land moving fortress reminded me of zoids back in the day lol.

Also I never really liked the story lines where for some reason Japan is taken over then the people of Japan are basically treated as slaves etc this is not a new story it appears in several different anime I never understand that.

I never really like the original series that much in the first place I thought it was hyped to much for a mediacore story. I thought this would be different but they keep the same looking character designs which I didn't like much they look better now though.
Also it being like a year till the next episode is just stupid, I know there trying to copy the gundam unicorn series but the time gap is stupid. Besides the quality doesn't merit a whole year for just 1 episode look at the K anime it has dazzling animation and their releasing that every thursday/friday.
This code geass just wasn't good enough .
Oct 6, 2012 5:56 AM

Jul 2009
The mech fight at the beginning was fantastic, best use of CG I've seen in an anime.
Oct 6, 2012 12:33 PM

Aug 2012
That was quite good I reckon.
Akito's not a big talker but that's all right

I suspect some memory erasing from his brother(Xing) before sending him to EU to mess things up. But a good plot overall.
I hope Suzaku just appears though cause giving him too big of a role would spoil it.

wait and see
Oct 7, 2012 3:09 PM

Dec 2009
Everyone's hating on it already even though the original series had like 10x the amount of time to develop plot, characters, setting, themes, etc.

Come on people.

And really this is supposed to be a side story to the main story, so I'd honestly rather not see Lelouch, Suzaku, C.C. so I don't see why people are complaining.

Can't you just be happy we have a new anime based in the Geass world?

Also also, lovin the music, it's a fresh change from what I recall.
Oct 9, 2012 4:57 AM

Jul 2011
As many here already said Layla is the most interesting character on this series.

Oh well, Lelouch is unique, but I liked Akito too.
Oct 11, 2012 10:47 PM

Mar 2010
This seems..... okay I guess. I think the Geass series as a whole would have been better without this movie pack though. Though since the movies are gonna be released so far apart ... meh. Seems like everyone is going to have a geass in this movie to. I wish there not to be cameos but it's gonna get cheesy me thinks.

I'm more sad about the fact that all the annoying ass fan boys and fan girls are gonna come out of their caves to be idiots again and swear that dead characters are alive or something. FYI This is a different series, not really a prequel and not really a sequel.
MoonFoxOct 11, 2012 11:26 PM
Oct 12, 2012 1:08 PM

Feb 2010
Some lackluster moments.... but overall, enjoyable and fast paced. 8/10
Oct 12, 2012 1:54 PM

Apr 2009
Very enjoyable first episode but new characters aren't hooking me yet for the most part. leila (sp?) seems pretty cool though. Good, but not amazing start for this series
Oct 13, 2012 3:31 PM

Nov 2009
8/10...it has a decent potential for such a cliche side story, like the potential guilty crown had in its initial episodes~
Some audiences are knee-jerk critical to write akito off too early, so they might miss something as it seems the OVA/movie series was just given a fairly cold start by the production.

I shall expect story progression coming the next episode, which is a long way next year, and hoping it won't get messed up in a cash cow-like fashion >__<

Oct 14, 2012 3:51 PM

Jun 2012
MidnightPride said:
Can't say im really that impressed with this and, it was pretty long... Oh well it might be better later on.

The new guy has nothing on Lelouch, sure he's a good pilot but Lelouch created his own private army because he dosn't need to be a good pilot since he has others do it for him. It wasn't bad I'll give it a 7/10 but to me it felt like since Lelouch is a favorite character of many they tried to make someone similar. I miss the original cast even more after this. Also it kinda pissed me off to see more characters with powers similar to Lelouch.

Don't get me wrong I liked it but the originals were just better.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Oct 14, 2012 8:56 PM

Aug 2012
I'm speechless!
This movie was way better than I expected.
Oct 16, 2012 8:52 AM

Feb 2009
I actually really liked Akito, he seems like a pretty awesome dude. How he took down that jerk at the party was pretty hardcore, and I am very intrigured by the fact that he has died before.

Leila is pretty cool too, I really like her.

...Still most excited about the fact that Suzaku will be in the next one that :3
Oct 16, 2012 10:48 AM

Aug 2008
Can I point out something? At the beginning of the episode, when Akito is fighting and he seems like he's using geass, it reminded me of the order Suzaku had received from Lulu not to die - he seemed to be in the same situation. And the fact that he said at the end that he has already died once made me once more think of Suzaku who had supposedly died before Lelouch when he had been fighting. I know that this is supposed to be before R2, but... it just made me think...
"I'll give you mine. My eyes, my ears and my heart too. I'd give you everything if you said you needed it, my sweet fox. So... keep staying by my side."

"It's hot. This scalding heat from his skin that's enough to burn me and his vague scent that's mixed with cigarette smoke.His deep voice that calls my name,his intense stare that never wavers. I thought I was already used to all of this things."
Oct 17, 2012 5:09 AM

Nov 2010
The production quality was high
aside from the boring dialogue at the beginning what followed was stunning
the Mech battles, scenery and starting chemistry between Leila and Akito
The preview looks good with CC showing up.

I wished they would drop the cross fixing between science fiction and the current Geography. One may think they didn't got over WW2 yet
Oct 17, 2012 9:34 PM

Apr 2009
Good start for the series of movies, I will watch the rest in the future. 7/10 for now.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 20, 2012 9:45 PM

Dec 2011
10/10
Superb animation and music. Love the clamp character design.
I can't wait for the next one, too bad it's gonna be a while.
Oct 27, 2012 9:25 PM

Oct 2009
omg cant wait ,,, went in with mixed expectations mostly in response to other mechas failed attempts & dislike of G C
i liked the animation, the NM's even the spidey NM. curious who gave akito the "live" order? was that Xin guy involved? will susaku being using a diff. NM? who was the other ghost cmdr manfedi spoke of?
Oct 30, 2012 9:38 AM

Feb 2011
So far so good it looks like things will get pretty interesting from here on out, especially with the possible return of old characters. I wonder why they decided to go with CG, is it cheaper? I'm sure most would rather the hand drawn style.
いっぺん死んでみる?
Oct 30, 2012 7:29 PM
Jul 2018

The fights were CG-ish? Oh well. So Leila was adopted and Akito as a young Japanese forced to participate in a war.
Xin might be an interesting character. He had a Geass too. His middle is Hyuga? The young kid on his flashback~ he looks like Akito.
Anyway, I can't wait to watch episode two. Suzaku and C.C.!
Nov 3, 2012 7:05 AM

Dec 2009
I loved everything about this ova except the release date set for the sequel TwT.
Also, Akito-san kick Suzaku's ass, onegai ~
Nov 7, 2012 4:23 AM

Nov 2012
Without Lelouch it isn't Code Geass :(
I wasn't impressed by Akito.
lemmaNov 7, 2012 5:02 AM
Nov 10, 2012 3:30 AM

Jan 2010
Code Geass without Lelouch is just like Kuroshitsuji without Sebastian ><
Nov 12, 2012 7:47 PM

Apr 2011
Not that great but some parts were good. Missing some explanation and its a bummer that it cuts off then we have to wait a year for more..
Nov 14, 2012 3:26 PM
Jul 2012
Hmm good episode.
New characters are good. But need some more background information.
Lelia and Akio are quite good.
Can't wait for the next episode.
8/10
Nov 14, 2012 3:29 PM
Jul 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
-MgZ_ said:
I didn't understand shit about the characters. I want some introduction on who are they... Was ok movie overall.

Exactly my thoughts.

But on the next episode, welcome back motherfucker Suzaku. :D

Agreed. That bastard Suzaku
Nov 17, 2012 7:52 PM
Jan 2011
Nice. It was a very good opening for the series, in my opinion. This was just to introduce us on the characters and the plot - confusing though it was. The problem I had with it is that in the beggining I wasn't sure for a while which side everyone belonged to so I had to waste some time figuring that out. Now I'm making sense of everything, almost. Could have used some kind of context reminder. It's been a while since I watched CG.

Anyhow, even though I would give anything to hear again the words "Lelouch vi Britannia commands you!" *goosebump*, I never expected Lelouch to appear in this movie and I guess that's why I wasn't disappointed in the least. It's not gonna happen and it shouldn't. Reviving Lelouch for the audience would pretty much kill the effect his death had, making it less meaningful. The fact that in this series he's still alive doesn't change that.

Akito looks like a character I may probably really like in the end. Madness and all. Layla is okay. The other characters seem interesting - especially this Xin person, who I can guess must be Akito's brother or some other kind of close relative.

About the geass that's been used on Akito, it does look similar to the geass Lelouch used on Suzaku, but I find a couple of problems with that: firstly, that it's been done before in CG, so I don't see the point on making the same plot twist now. Secondly, that Akito said he has "already died before". If he actually died, he can't have been commanded not to die. That's impossible. Maybe someone else has another type of geass that can resurrect the dead?

This movie did well in raising many questions that I hope will be answered in the sequels. Will have no choice but to rewatch this just before the next one comes out. I'm looking forward to it!
Nov 18, 2012 5:51 PM

Nov 2008
I was eagerly awaiting the release and the subs for this episode since it was announced a few years back.

I should have waited until all the episodes were out. Then I would not have to wait until they release the next episode in what I hope will be a couple of months.

Still I am glad Code Geass is back even though it is not focused on the story line.
Dec 28, 2012 10:14 AM

May 2010
I find this movie good.. Liked the mecha fights with those CGI animations.
It's been a long time since I've seen CLAMP characters..
As to the story, can't say much but I do hope it goes well.
The jazz soundtrack seems OK..

And oh, CC <3
Dec 30, 2012 4:19 PM

Apr 2012
Finally sat down and watched it today. The story was OKAY, but I loved the fight animations. A strong female lead is pretty cool and that Geass nostalgia XD

Jan 3, 2013 5:45 PM

Dec 2010
The episode was OK, but reminded me more of Gundam than Code Geass....it seems like it's going to center around mecha action and the overused "looking for a place where I belong" theme, which is definitely right up Gundam's alley. NOT getting any CG vibes.

But oh well. I hope episode 2 is better.
Jan 3, 2013 7:23 PM
Mar 2009
That was surprisingly better than I thought.

I like Akito; it seems like he's under the same Geass command that Suzaku is, only he is a shit ton crazier when it activates.

Can't...get...over how damn skinny they are.

Heh, so Elevens were treated like sub citizens even in the European Union.
Jan 8, 2013 10:01 PM

Sep 2012
damn akito is a badass!! :D
seems like he's under some kind of geass that makes him live, like suzaku ( they all had self destruction feats yet akito lives ) and there's also the red rings around his eyes.
new guy with geass that seems like lelouch's obey me geass, wonder who he is.
Jan 12, 2013 4:10 PM

Dec 2008
Not bad! I like Akito. He seems to have a Geass on him and I'm curious about who put it there and why. I guess all will be revealed with the release of each movie.
Feb 2, 2013 1:22 PM
Oct 2010
The CG in this one is pretty impressive.
Feb 5, 2013 4:16 AM

Mar 2010
I hate CG animation. Because of it mecha battles looks empty and cheap as fuck:\ super disappointed
NoBleachNoLifeFeb 5, 2013 4:29 AM
Do pop-up headlights really endanger pedestrians that much?
Feb 7, 2013 11:31 PM

Feb 2013
I just saw the blue ray version for this episode and the cg is freakin' amazing! I don't know how it is cheap at all. The mechas even look a lot more impressive than the series imo.
bewareofhisokaFeb 9, 2013 5:09 PM
Feb 7, 2013 11:33 PM

Feb 2013
Anyways I already saw this episode a while back. I think it is well worth the watch with some impressive looking mecha battles but its a bit slow and not nearly as exciting as the series...yet. It has lots of promise and episode 2 looks like it is gonna be epic! Overall a 7.5/10.
bewareofhisokaFeb 7, 2013 11:41 PM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Want to watch these spin-off movies but have some questions

Biisoo - Apr 24, 2023

5 by Fail_Man_X »»
Apr 24, 2023 10:46 AM

» Opinions on Akito the Exiled ?

kushmonatl - Jun 30, 2022

18 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Sep 23, 2022 12:16 PM

» About the ed music

Klosiy - Jul 5, 2021

1 by Kitsu_andmal »»
Jul 14, 2022 2:16 PM

» Any Chance Of An English Dub?

awesomeblackman - Feb 8, 2017

2 by awesomeblackman »»
Mar 15, 2021 7:44 PM

» Confused, would like some insight before I watch.

Kiraism - Dec 27, 2014

1 by Descended_ »»
Jan 10, 2021 1:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.