Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2012 6:02 AM
Aug 2012
NNick said:
I think i'll drop it here.

Not the best cover though.

Sep 3, 2012 6:53 AM

Aug 2012
NNick said:

Wow.

This rendition is actually splendid.

Thanks for posting. I'm listening to her other adaptations ^_-

Beautiful voice.
Sep 3, 2012 7:19 AM

Apr 2012
That video is awesome indeed, just put the MP3 on my phone.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Sep 3, 2012 7:22 AM

Apr 2009
So the cat's out of the bag...the only dual-wielder in the game eh? Nice!!! I don't care if it's made from dragonshit or unicorn tears or whatever but get a more bad-ass looking sword (uhmm with better stats too I hope) than Dark Repulsor fer cryin out loud! o_O
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 3, 2012 7:32 AM

Jan 2008
Didn't expect NNick to post something positive...
Sep 3, 2012 7:35 AM
Aug 2012
Paul said:

First rule, don't talk about fig--, I mean, nnick on a positive streak, it might go south.
Sep 3, 2012 7:37 AM
Feb 2012
Paul said:

The song is decent, though SAO is utter c... never mind.

I liked this cover better.
RGBNameSep 3, 2012 7:52 AM
Sep 3, 2012 8:11 AM

Nov 2008
Kirito is really strong. Badass male character like him who is calm and composed is hard to come by now.

I love the long hug! Now what shall i do while waiting for the next ep.. :/
shimuchanSep 3, 2012 8:15 AM
Sep 3, 2012 8:39 AM

Mar 2012
NNick said:

Guilty Crown. All the potential wasted when they decided to run 22 episodes without getting to the plot holes...:[

As for the next episode.

Sep 3, 2012 8:40 AM

Jan 2008
tezann_t said:
As for the next episode.

Wouldn't be surprised considering

Sep 3, 2012 8:44 AM

Mar 2012
Paul said:
tezann_t said:
As for the next episode.

Wouldn't be surprised considering

I really think they should give Heathcliff more screentime. They already botched his introduction...
Sep 3, 2012 8:47 AM
Feb 2012
tezann_t said:
NNick said:

Guilty Crown. All the potential wasted when they decided to run 22 episodes without getting to the plot holes...:[

As for the next episode.

GC was beyond bad, the art and music was somewhat decent though.
Sep 3, 2012 8:52 AM

Jul 2011
5layer said:
lol at Lizbeth appearing there. Unexpected anime-original content that I'm pretty happy to see.

This episode was done ok. Could've been better. The main things that bothered me was when Klein got to the boss room, his other party members were nowhere to be seen. Also, Asuna's personality seems a bit flat to me. At least compared to the novels. Though even in the novels her personality lacked depth IMO. Oh, and the animation wasn't all that great during the fights.

Overall still pretty rushed.

fuurinzakan were helping out the other guild members that were taken down by the gleameyes, and they appeared after klein because they were busy dealing with the other mobs and their speed is also lower than kleins
Sep 3, 2012 8:54 AM

Apr 2012
ZeroKamikaze said:
5layer said:
lol at Lizbeth appearing there. Unexpected anime-original content that I'm pretty happy to see.

This episode was done ok. Could've been better. The main things that bothered me was when Klein got to the boss room, his other party members were nowhere to be seen. Also, Asuna's personality seems a bit flat to me. At least compared to the novels. Though even in the novels her personality lacked depth IMO. Oh, and the animation wasn't all that great during the fights.

Overall still pretty rushed.

fuurinzakan were helping out the other guild members that were taken down by the gleameyes, and they appeared after klein because they were busy dealing with the other mobs and their speed is also lower than kleins

Did you change your name only because the stable reactor was ZeroKamikaze...?

Autocrat said:
Sep 3, 2012 9:00 AM

Jul 2011
NNick said:

you seem to drop SAO practically every week so its getting retarded <_<

but thanks for posting, i didn't think amanda would fandub it but she's as awesome as always

im still hoping that she'll do everlasting guilty crown, but it doesn't seem to be an easy thing to do
Sep 3, 2012 9:01 AM

Apr 2012
ZeroKamikaze said:
NNick said:

you seem to drop SAO practically every week so its getting retarded <_<

but thanks for posting, i didn't think amanda would fandub it but she's as awesome as always

im still hoping that she'll do everlasting guilty crown, but it doesn't seem to be an easy thing to do

That's what I was looking for, to be honest.

Autocrat said:
Sep 3, 2012 9:08 AM
Feb 2012
FYI I already dropped SAO.
It's not on my list anymore.
Sep 3, 2012 9:13 AM

Sep 2008
ZeroKamikaze said:
Yeah but it still didn't work well at all. Especially since they appeared out of nowhere as though they were there the whole time.
Sep 3, 2012 9:13 AM

Apr 2012
NNick said:

Nobody cares NNick...

No...Bo...Dy.

Autocrat said:
Sep 3, 2012 9:25 AM
Feb 2012
Immahnoob said:
NNick said:

Nobody cares NNick...

No...Bo...Dy.

Apparently you do since you're bothering to reply.
Sep 3, 2012 9:29 AM

Jul 2011
NNick said:

.....yet here you are weeks later still posting in the forums and i bet your still gonna carry on posting here...

5layer said:
ZeroKamikaze said:
Yeah but it still didn't work well at all. Especially since they appeared out of nowhere as though they were there the whole time.

fair point, but it seems SAO doesn't have a very large budget with this, its already been mentioned how some scenes have bad quality and lots of still shots, having to skip fuurinzakan making a big entrance is understandable when your focusing mostly on the boss fight
Sep 3, 2012 9:33 AM

Aug 2011
NNick said:
Immahnoob said:
NNick said:

Nobody cares NNick...

No...Bo...Dy.

Sep 3, 2012 9:34 AM
Feb 2012
Yes, i will, i enjoy observing buttmad fanboys in they're natural environment.
Sep 3, 2012 9:51 AM

Mar 2012
5layer said:
ZeroKamikaze said:

I don't think the LN itself went into detail about what the Fuurinzakan members were doing as Kirito fought Gleameyes, so it's one of those details that even the author didn't really care about.
Sep 3, 2012 9:55 AM

Apr 2012
NNick said:
Immahnoob said:
NNick said:

Nobody cares NNick...

No...Bo...Dy.

It's a rule of mine to reply to everybody.

Guess why I have 1.9k posts.

Autocrat said:
Sep 3, 2012 10:11 AM

Nov 2009
The fight was f*cking epic! But short, as usual >.>
Sep 3, 2012 10:14 AM

Oct 2011
Hell Yeah!!!! Finally, dual-blading animated, I've been waiting for it since the series begins.
Signature
Sep 3, 2012 10:16 AM

Jul 2010
Amazing episode :') Kirito is such a beast. I was literally shivering when he was fighting with the duel swords.

And kyaaa~ KiritoxAsuna fangirl moment. I was squealing :) And it looks like Kirito's going to fight for her as well. Uwaa! I want Kirito to be mineeee XD
Sep 3, 2012 10:58 AM

Sep 2008
tezann_t said:
5layer said:
ZeroKamikaze said:
I don't think the LN itself went into detail about what the Fuurinzakan members were doing as Kirito fought Gleameyes, so it's one of those details that even the author didn't really care about.
Yeah but gaps like that are filled in by our imagination while reading. It's hard to fill in such gaps in an anime when the people are clearly not there.
Sep 3, 2012 11:06 AM

Mar 2012
What's cooler than one sword you ask? How about TWO SWORDS. #fuckyeah #swordartonline
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 3, 2012 11:09 AM

Jul 2012
This was the best episode so far.
Sep 3, 2012 11:12 AM

Jun 2012
Good episode, I liked it where Kirito was forced to dual wield his swords to save those guys- finally got to see the sword he got a few eps earlier =D

Looking forward to next episode, maybe this dual it wont be as short as the last one.
Sep 3, 2012 11:26 AM

Nov 2009
ZeroKamikaze said:

LMAO, think before you speak, 25episode, famous novel adaption, even LiSA sang its first opening ( oh - she sang the opening in F/Z too, fyi, she's one of the top singer in jap), apparently SAO is the most popular and famous anime this season, everyone was looking to it, hyped it up like crazy, and you considered it as a low budget anime? Don't make me laugh.

Have you ever watched a low budget anime before? Seriously? ( REC, kimi to boku, etc)

Any anime nowadays which has more than 1 season, meaning more than 12~13episode and aired for half a year can't be considered as low budget anime, because producers invest their money on them, it's like a gamble for those "long run" anime. Take a look at steins;gate, fate/zero, hyouka, nichijou, kuroko no basket, guilty crown, aquarion evol, etc. You can see the differences between them and those 12-13episode anime in term of production value ( animation, art works, sound, music ----- not mentioning story or plot here cause it also depends on director, writer). When an 2x episodes anime has been green-lit, usually budget for it is far more superior than those 1 season anime (12-13ep).

The only reason "scenes with bad quality" exist is that, they want to use their budget on those worthy scenes. Take a look at previous episodes, slide-show-scene for minor details ( kirito fought mobs to level up), but the animation became smoothy and more details when fighting against bosses, or to highlight Asuna when she appeared and fought the mobs or any other significant situation/character ( kirito fought against asuna's guardian, slow motion action scene when kirito broke his sword)
Takana_no_HanaSep 3, 2012 11:57 AM
Sep 3, 2012 12:03 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I'm too bored to talk abt the whole episode (good and bad things) so I'll just comment at the end... WHY did he have to agree to fight with the leader of the guild? It's a guild, it's your choice to stay or leave and noone has the right to tell you you can't go cause I don't want to cause you are good. That is just stupid and it just seemed some forced coolness which is mehh~
Sep 3, 2012 12:05 PM

Nov 2009

imagine if your life depends on a front-line guild and their leaders/guildmasters want to quit ...
It's a matter of life and death if a high rank officer suddenly disappeared in front-line, Kirito and Asuna both have responsibility too.
Takana_no_HanaSep 3, 2012 12:17 PM
Sep 3, 2012 12:25 PM

Jul 2011
Vforvendetta said:
ZeroKamikaze said:

LMAO, think before you speak, 25episode, famous novel adaption, even LiSA sang its first opening ( oh - she sang the opening in F/Z too, fyi, she's one of the top singer in jap), apparently SAO is the most popular and famous anime this season, everyone was looking to it, hyped it up like crazy, and you considered it as a low budget anime? Don't make me laugh.

Have you ever watched a low budget anime before? Seriously? ( REC, kimi to boku, etc)

Any anime nowadays which has more than 1 season, meaning more than 12~13episode and aired for half a year can't be considered as low budget anime, because producers invest their money on them, it's like a gamble for those "long run" anime. Take a look at steins;gate, fate/zero, hyouka, nichijou, kuroko no basket, guilty crown, aquarion evol, etc. You can see the differences between them and those 12-13episode anime in term of production value ( animation, art works, sound, music ----- not mentioning story or plot here cause it also depends on director, writer). When an 2x episodes anime has been green-lit, usually budget for it is far more superior than those 1 season anime (12-13ep).

The only reason "scenes with bad quality" exist is that, they want to use their budget on those worthy scenes. Take a look at previous episodes, slide-show-scene for minor details ( kirito fought mobs to level up), but the animation became smoothy and more details when fighting against bosses, or to highlight Asuna when she appeared and fought the mobs or any other significant situation/character ( kirito fought against asuna's guardian, slow motion action scene when kirito broke his sword)

woow...i see that your still taking shots at me...hell you even wrote a short essay just to try to prove me wrong, im seriously honored....

However i never said the anime itself has a low budget, i meant that they had a lower budget for this episode in particular (not very large doesn't mean low) so that they can focus it on the more important episodes/fights etc.

you wasted your time coming up with a big argument to counter something that wasn't there
Sep 3, 2012 12:28 PM

Apr 2012
ZeroKamikaze said:
Vforvendetta said:
ZeroKamikaze said:

woow...i see that your still taking shots at me...hell you even wrote a short essay just to try to prove me wrong, im seriously honered....

However i never said the anime itself has a low budget, i meant that they had a lower budget for this episode in particular (not very large doesn't mean low) so that they can focus it on the more important episodes/fights etc.

you wasted your time coming up with a big argument to counter something that wasn't there

Yet, the only badly animated scene was the one when they were running away from the boss.

And maybe that one when the army was fighting the boss.

The rest was smooth and well made.

You've also didn't explain properly if THIS episode or SAO has low budget, so you should have said "I am sorry, I meant the episode", no, you went head in against him when you also made a mistake.

Autocrat said:
Sep 3, 2012 12:34 PM

Nov 2009
ZeroKamikaze said:

SAO doesn't have a very large budget with this, its already been mentioned how some scenes have bad quality and lots of still shots

i meant that they had a lower budget for this episode in particular (not very large doesn't mean low

see the contradictory sentence? FYI, it's not just only this episode which has scenes with bad quality, your points are likely to be misunderstood.
btw, "this" in general = this episode, is that a valid argument?
Sep 3, 2012 12:36 PM

Apr 2012
Vforvendetta said:
ZeroKamikaze said:

SAO doesn't have a very large budget with this, its already been mentioned how some scenes have bad quality and lots of still shots

i meant that they had a lower budget for this episode in particular (not very large doesn't mean low

see the contradictory sentence? FYI, it's not just only this episode which has scenes with bad quality, your points are likely to be misunderstood.

Now he'll probably tell you, you have your head up your ass and that you can't see the "bigger picture".

Or something similar, anyways, it will include an insult and him boosting his ego, copying me mostly (v. 0.1 Alpha).

Autocrat said:
Sep 3, 2012 12:41 PM

Jul 2011
Immahnoob said:

Yet, the only badly animated scene was the one when they were running away from the boss.

You've also didn't explain properly if THIS episode or SAO has low budget, so you should have said "I am sorry, I meant the episode", no, you went head in against him when you also made a mistake.

did you become naive or were you born that way? <_<

i wasn't talking to you, i was talking to Vendetta and unlike you, he has fair arguments that make sense and it seems he wants to take me on by using them, if he wants to do so then so be it
Sep 3, 2012 12:44 PM

Jan 2012
the boss fight was awesome,and I can't wait to see the duel next episode but I kinda have a feeling Kirito will lose
Sep 3, 2012 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
ZeroKamikaze said:
Immahnoob said:

did you become naive or were you born that way? <_<

i wasn't talking to you, i was talking to Vendetta and unlike you, he has fair arguments that make sense and it seems he wants to take me on by using them, if he wants to do so then so be it

You don't like people ganging on you? I'm sorry, these are forums, I can enter a discussion or leave it when I want. If you don't like it, you can leave anytime.

I also spoke in English, with proper grammar, so, you not understanding is just so you can "shut me up", because whatever I'll try to explain you'll use the same thing to dismiss it.

VforVendetta got it, and he already used it.

Kamikaze_1996 pls.

Autocrat said:
Sep 3, 2012 12:46 PM

Nov 2009
Nah I will stop now, I don't like to derail this thread and bother the moderator .
Sep 3, 2012 12:47 PM

Apr 2012
Vforvendetta said:
Nah I will stop now, I don't like to derail this thread and bother the moderator ;).

Did you bait me into this discussion? Is it because it's obvious that we already ended it, with him losing but he won't admit it, thus you've left me by myself?

This also is not derail, as we are discussing episode 9's budget.

Autocrat said:
Sep 3, 2012 12:52 PM

Jul 2011
Vforvendetta said:
ZeroKamikaze said:

btw, "this" in general = this episode, is that a valid argument?

i don't see how my points contradict, i know that this isn't the only episode with bad quality, and i was only talking about this episode in general

also we're in an episode 9 discussion thread, i thought it would be obvious that if i said "this" it would mean this episode

you reply to my reply for someone else and then ridicule me for something i didn't mean, now your nitpicking at how i say things because only you misunderstood what i meant

i know that your one of the ones who hate me and want to take a shot at me but your going way too far by misunderstanding what i said and then blaming me for your own misunderstanding

EDIT: ill leave too, i don't want the mods all over me tbh, you can keep up this childish game of yours noob
Sep 3, 2012 12:59 PM
Jul 2012
Jerrychiang said:
WARNING: Episode 9 Discussion Thread's Self-Destruct Sequence has been initiated; Reactor Core [kamikaze_1996]'s subsequent meltdown is unavoidable. Evacuate to adjacent threads powered by moderately stable Reactor Core [ZeroKamikaze].

EVACUATE...

EVACUATE...

EVAC.........

Oh snapppppppppp....
Sep 3, 2012 1:01 PM

Apr 2012
It's because you can't speak English properly, or you know you're wrong and you can't work around it, thus you wrote it that way.

It sounded like you were talking in general. Be more specific, and we're the only one discussing with you because we're taking out of our precious time to correct you.

Hate you...? Wait... What? No... Wait... Let me think it properly. I... Hate you? You know why I'm speaking like this on my post, don't you? Because what you said is beyond absurd. You've said "woow...i see that your still taking shots at me...hell you even wrote a short essay just to try to prove me wrong, im seriously honored....".

This sounded like you were boosting your ego, and trying to ridicule him. Which you never did before talking to me, to be honest.

I've blamed you for the misunderstanding you created, and you were so far "up your ass' that you couldn't admit your mistake and tried ridiculing him. You didn't choose your moment well, it seems.

You're transforming a debate into a fight all by yourself. You should stop insulting people and grow up (or at least stop being so direct with your insults).

Autocrat said:
Sep 3, 2012 1:37 PM

Jul 2012
Fairly good episode, but I contend this still could have been episode 3.

"well, what about the 2 years time skip?"

well, considering this is based from a light novel series and not a epic novel series ala game of thrones, we'd merely just have to infer what took place in 2 years. (Which is interesting that I brought up the example, because GoT was planned for a 5 year time gap and people complained. Then we waited a couple years and got 2 books that wasn't even nearly as good as the first 3 and people complained even worse than before.)

Considering how well received the 1st volume was that included the 2 year time skip, the narrative didn't need the side stories. I'd much rather have 1 time skip as opposed to several that we got
Sep 3, 2012 1:38 PM

Nov 2011
That battle was lacking... So far all the battles have been lacking that "holy shit that was awesome" factor. I hope the next episodes battle will be intense.
Sep 3, 2012 1:54 PM

Aug 2011
Decent episode.

The only thing I dislike about this adaptation so far is how wimpy they portray Kirito in normal conversations. He was always calm and collected in the LN's but in the anime he's always flustered and embarrassed.
Pages (16) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore?

Hango-Man - 12 hours ago

15 by Zarutaku »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Apr 26, 4:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.