Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 30, 2012 10:15 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Still lots of memory about when her husband is still alive. Did she really fall in love with the nearsighted guy? And lots of info about the picture books. The husband's body is really too weak, that he never participated in any of the sport activities.

Dwarves? Now the main guys are in Snow White... The "princess" said he's still the prince.

She caught up and saw him burying the plant. lol @ the weird running that showing that it's the husband. She's now sure that it's her husband.

Wait, the one in the picture book world became the husband guy?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 30, 2012 1:00 PM

Jul 2012
Has Hazuki STILL not gotten his body back yet?
Aug 30, 2012 1:14 PM

Jul 2010
Amazing episode. So beautiful. I love Shimao-kun, and Rokka-chan and him are just too beautiful and sad. (I do have to admit that they're beating the horse too much with this topic though.. even though I love it haha) Cried so hard this episode.

I want Hazuki to get Rokka-chan in the end, because it's the right thing, and Hazuki's selflessness is admirable... but still, a part of me can't help but want Shimao-kun to stay in Hazuki's body forever so that him and Rokka-chan can be together..

Everyone's emotions are a swirl..
Can't figure out the significance of Hazuki becoming Shimao in the story book.. maybe that Shimao-kun is starting to take over Hazuki's body completely. Idk.

Wonderful episode, I'm so enchanted by this show!
Can't wait for next week's ;3

5/5
Aug 30, 2012 1:37 PM

Sep 2008
I want Shimao, stay in Hazuki body forever and be with Rokka,
and Hazuki in Fairy Land with Rokka-chan *.*
Now, when only 2 episodes left...
I don't want another ending!
Aug 30, 2012 2:13 PM
Jun 2011
:s this body swap is taking to long .
Aug 30, 2012 2:31 PM

Dec 2011
abaanda said:
:s this body swap is taking to long .

yes. yes it is ~_~ and I'm worried Hazuki is going to stay in fairy tale land for longer now that hes somewhat turning into the main character..

Honestly though what's with this development? -_- With only two episodes left are you telling me they're really heading for a revived Shimao x Rokka ending? I really don't see them being truly happy with this. Nevertheless now that she knows, I have no idea how Hazuki is going to get her..I'm beginning dislike Shimao for letting this drag on too long. Although I do acknowledge him for recognizing that.
Aug 30, 2012 2:39 PM

Nov 2008
I couldn't even cry at their little sad reunion..the whole time I was just mad at this whole situation. I like Hazuki-kun a thousand times more than I do Shimao, and the whole time this was happening I was thinking about whats gonna happen with Hazuki now.

I feel heartless for not feeling sorry for Shimao and Rokka, but I'm seriously way past that stage. I just want them both to move the hell on. I get it, its sad that he died, but its been a long time now and she should of been able to move on by now.

I don't know what's gonna happen with Rokka. Now I'm just wondering what's gonna happen with her supposedly falling in love with Hazuki and if those feelings are just gonna disappear all of a sudden. I'm one of those people that thinks you can't love two people at the same time so she's gotta make her feelings clear now.

I admire Hazuki-kun for wanting to be with Rokka despite her feelings for Shimao, b/c this is getting for better lack of words tiring..and all I want is for Hazuki to be happy and Rokka to make a freaking decision that Shimao has not made easy at all.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Aug 30, 2012 2:57 PM

Jul 2011
I LOLed @ Shimao's running. XD

I want Shimao and Rokka both to move on. Shimao's dead... and both of them have to get over that. Hazuki needs to come back. He deserves his happy ending too.

I understand why Skimao wanted Rokka to eat his bones now. What a strange story though.

And the music... <3

2 more weeks until this series comes to an end...
Aug 30, 2012 3:02 PM

Aug 2009
OMGG.... I have no idea where this show is taking me...XD
Aug 30, 2012 3:02 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
God I love this series T^T And I'm a 100% Shimao fan. That doesn't mean though I'm going for taking Hazuki's body forever and I 100% don't believe it's gonna turn out that way. He just wanted to put an end to it. I find their story extremely sad and I've been sobbing in every episode.

I... can't say I LIKE Hazuki but I don't dislike him. I just like Shimao more and well, even though he's not rly in the way (since Shimao wouldn't be with Rokka either way), it's just that... I feel annoyed with him. I know he has every right to like her and try to be with her and what kind of man would step back or even a bit aside to help her dead husband, but still he annoys me. I gues it annoys me how he doesn't recognize what has Shimao done for her and only rly wants to put him aside. I don't know...

Then Rokka... I feel so sad for her cause she lost the love of her life and she tried living again many years later trying to get over Shimao. I'd think that's the worst kind of thing to decide for. Though her saying she's in love with Hazuki was kind of... not fitting at the moment. She had many hesitant moments to just realize she's in love with Hazuki.

Then Shimao... he's the one I adore ;-; He died, he never wanted to die, he knew he'd die. If it's hard for Rokka to move on when she's alive, I can imagine how harder it is for someone who's on a standstill forever. Even tohugh he kinda took advantage of the situation, I still think he's just putting a period in his memories of him in Rokka. Though... rly how much more obvious? I guess he wanted to leave his touch and be remembered and at the same time no and go hide.

The reunion was sad ;-; You have one that is being recognized after so long and one that just saw her dead husband is alive. Not your everyday thing and it seems Shimao is returning soon :c I'd want them to talk a bit more but it's not rly fair to Rokka :c

Gah, so sad ;-;
Aug 30, 2012 3:19 PM

Oct 2011
This episode redemed the series for me in my opinion
It was a good emotional episode that tied the blank parts together and it was realy cute. I think Hazuki may have a chance now
And more importaintly Shimao realizes he has been a jerk!!

...on the other note did the voices of the "seven dwarfs" remind anyone of th faries from Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita?
Aug 30, 2012 3:38 PM

Oct 2010
to much crying, annoying episode
Aug 30, 2012 4:12 PM

Mar 2012
LOL, Shimao's funny run xD I know he was sick but it was so funny!

First I was Hazuki's fan but now... I want him to stay in this whole fairy tail land. Shimao-kun is so poor and sweet and he must stay with Rokka-chan!

But I really don't get the ending scene. How it's possible? Why Hazuki changed into Shimao-kun?
Aug 30, 2012 4:17 PM

Jan 2012
fishergirl16 said:
maybe that Shimao-kun is starting to take over Hazuki's body completely. Idk.

I think that's what's happening now. That may be how the series will end.
Aug 30, 2012 4:45 PM

May 2010
about time, this whole she didnt know crap was getting on my nervs but still it was a touching episode.
Aug 30, 2012 4:48 PM

Nov 2011
LOL Snow White reference and desire to eat...

Aug 30, 2012 5:03 PM

Mar 2012
This was a beautiful, but disappointingly underwhelming episode. While it was once somewhat understandable, the tedious, dragging nature of this arc has, unfortunately, become exceedingly ridiculous. If the developments in this episode had occurred in the previous one, I'd likely be much more forgiving, but, as it is, the story has hobbled on this particular point for far too long, leaving too little room for a satisfying conclusion.

Hazuki STILL has yet to return to his body, and the story is suffering as a result. The glimmer of hope that appeared for Hazuki's imminent return at the end of the last episode was quickly diminished, and, by the end, seemingly removed altogether. At first, the story seemed intent on forcing these characters to move on from their pasts, which created significant potential for a poignant, emotionally consistent tale to be told. Yet, over these last several episodes, the plot seems to be losing it's focus by tearing away previous character development and drawing out that eventuality so much so that it runs the risk of feeling emotionally hollow, insincere and rushed when it finally arrives.

Although it was a great moment, Shimao's realization of his own flaws and cruel actions came far too late for him to derive any sympathy from me. He only arrived at this point after managing to fully revert Rokka's current emotional well-being to it's previously broken state. Not to mention the selfish arrogance displayed in his nearly perpetual disregard of Hazuki and the emotional turmoil he's placed him under. Knowing all this, Hazuki is a considerably better character than Shimao, and one that I consistently feel much more sympathy for, especially following the supposed implications behind the last scene. As for Rokka, her emotions were dealt with rather powerfully here, and her actions toward Shimao after discovering the truth of his existence were extremely touching. The glimpses into her past with Shimao were a bit more enjoyable due to their heightened significance to the present.

The pacing was uneven, but a bit improved from the last few episodes. Despite tiptoeing on the edge of being overwhelmingly morose at times, the tone was handled rather impressively throughout. Once again, the direction was excellent, deftly illuminating the complex emotions swirling about, particularly during the reunion between Rokka and Shimao. Although rather understated, the music accompanies these moments quite well.

Any hopes for a solid and justifiably lengthy amount of natural development between Hazuki and Rokka seem entirely futile at this point. I believe the story will conclude with Hazuki returning to his body and a happy ending for him and Rokka, but the scars Shimao has left her with could very easily sour her on a relationship with Hazuki, something that seemed entirely inevitable before Shimao intervened.

Overall, Natsuyuki Rendezvous still thoroughly excels in many areas and remains one of the better shows of the season, but, lately, it's direction has become too needlessly muddled and unfocused. I'm hoping the last two episodes can reach the levels of consistent brilliance found in the first half of the show, so that my disappointment can be short-lived.
Lelouch22Aug 30, 2012 5:14 PM
Aug 30, 2012 5:07 PM

Apr 2012
My thoughts from epiosde 8, how it's gonna end, so far I'm quite right. I still hope I am majorly wrong.

Hated this episode. Ok, that Shimao running was hilarious and the end was emotional when Rokka realizes it but still the rest sucked especially that Hazuki's still not back in his body. Dammit!

6/10 for the anime now coz of the last bunch of episodes that were too much with Shimao in Hazukis body and it all started so nice..
nantukoAug 30, 2012 5:12 PM
Aug 30, 2012 5:15 PM

Jun 2008
oh men, I laughed at Shimao running.

I feel so sad for him though. I feel that he will be returning Hazuki´s body next ep.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 30, 2012 5:17 PM

Dec 2007
LOL at Shimao's weird run and Uh oh is Hazuki going to lose his body to Shimao?

There's a preview for Episode 10 on the official website

http://natsuyuki.tv/03story/index.html

Aug 30, 2012 5:27 PM

Jun 2012
ahh! i cant wait for these next two episodes, i already know what happens but its still nice to watch animated hahah
Aug 30, 2012 5:40 PM

Dec 2008
I was ready to beat Shimao senseless, but he redeemed himself when he acknowledged that he "was a bastard from the moment he was able to come back alive." Unfortunately, things have now gone WAY TOO far and Rokka has figured everything out.

Shimao has already left Rokka once, and now he's going to have to leave her again. What kind of hurt will that inflict on Rokka's emotions? This whole thing is a mess!

I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but I'm thinking that maybe Shimao's stayed in Hazuki's body longer than he should and is unable to leave it now. Perhaps this is why Hazuki is becoming/has become the Prince. If it ends this way, I will not be happy at all. But, not all stories are meant to have a happy ending.

Shame on Shimao for being selfish enough to heed the consent of a drunk man!!! Poor Hazuki...
Hannah_AnaAug 30, 2012 6:22 PM
Aug 30, 2012 6:43 PM

Dec 2008
I don't know it I'm annoyed at this show or not. I was really hoping Rokka would never find out it was really Shimao inside Hazuki's body, but hopefully the story will come to a nice close. Somehow...
Aug 30, 2012 8:29 PM
Jun 2008
only 2eps left indeed wonder how story will end?

so now rokka more flashback about atsushi include story of girl & the tree.

while hazuki end up now a snow white story & relax snow rokka white is ok.

& rokka see someone digging notice the running ask are you atsushi while give atsu-zuki feel bit more guilty to top it all now hazuki is turning into atsushi in story land.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Aug 30, 2012 9:26 PM

Mar 2012
Poor Manager, it's like no one cares about her emotional well-being. Anticipating a big finale, it could make break the series, as it often does with romances.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 30, 2012 9:31 PM

Mar 2012
Poor Manager, it's like no one cares about her emotional well-being. Anticipating a big finale, it could make break the series, as it often does with romances.

LittleStar said:
I want Shimao, stay in Hazuki body forever and be with Rokka,
and Hazuki in Fairy Land with Rokka-chan *.*
Now, when only 2 episodes left...
I don't want another ending!

You actually want that? You monster.

Lelouch22 said:
(Only spoiler'd because of length, there are no actual spoilers.)

Great post, I agree with pretty well all of it.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 30, 2012 9:32 PM

May 2011
Eh for me, this show has gone downhill since the amusement park date. I don't like the fact that Hazuki has no control of his own destiny. He's being led around by some disingenuous fairy Rokka spirit.

With only 2 episodes, any possible Hazuki x Rokka shipping is almost impossible. If it does happen it'll be so forced and sudden that it wouldn't even make sense.

My most likely scenario is that Shimao says his goodbyes and gives Hazuki his body back. Rokka and Hazuka don't share any long term future and part ways. "Rendezvous" title seems to fit this option the best. It comes off as sounding short and sweet, but not lasting.

The worst option is that Shimao permanently takes Hazuki's body. I just can't see this as a good thing. Shimao died. If he takes Hazuki's body as his own he'd become an asshole in my opinion. It would also ruin my opinion of Rokka if she was OK with it.

Another suddenly disturbing option is Rokka dieing option. Like in the one tree story she tells. Dieing isn't a bad thing if it fulfills her wish. She falls to her death and Rokka and Shimao can live happily as flowers in a garden somewhere.

I don't see a good decent end to this show; it's rather depressing to watch knowing this.
Aug 30, 2012 10:18 PM

Sep 2010
Maybe Shimao will spin something like "Hazuki allowed me to borrow his body so that I could be with you for just a little longer and say my proper goodbyes because he wants nothing more than for you to be happy" and then Rokka will be extremely happy with Hazuki etc and want to be with him once he gets his body back. I could still see that as a reasonable ending.

The last 2 episodes definitely need to try and wow me at this point tho.
Aug 30, 2012 10:29 PM

Aug 2011
That was heartbreaking to watch. I was almost moved to tears when Rokka-chan started crying. I wanted to scream at Shimao to say something, say anything. God, Ohara Sayaka did such a great job portraying Rokka-chan's emotion.

And holy crap, what a cliffhanger. I wonder if Hazuki will forever be stuck in that world... Personally, I wouldn't mind that because I like Rokka and Shimao better, but I'm sure it won't be the case.
Aug 30, 2012 10:34 PM

Sep 2008
Wow way to absolutely ruin a anime that started out decently, only 2 episodes left and he still doesn't have is body back. This went from a fun some what dark mature romance to a sappy whiny navel gazing soap opera. Your husband sucks he died get the fuck over it can we do some thing new now?

we are probably getting some forced drama ass pull underwhelming ending too.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Aug 30, 2012 11:15 PM

Jan 2012
I understand that the arc has dragged on a bit too long, but why're people assuming that Shimao is gonna keep Hazuki's body forever? It's obvious that Hazuki is gonna get his body back. -.-
Aug 31, 2012 12:45 AM

Dec 2010
I hated this episode. I hope Hazuki doesn't stay in fairy tail, I'm sick of Shimao, I want Hazuri returns to his body.
Aug 31, 2012 1:46 AM

Jun 2008
This has been bugging me all the way: Why the hell does Rokka call her husband "Shimao-kun?" In all the flashbacks and in the present. I don't get it. I'm no Japanese native, but from what I do know, I'd think she should be calling him Atsushi (like he calls her Rokka). Can anyone explain this for me?
Aug 31, 2012 3:13 AM

Apr 2010
Man, I had really high hopes for this anime. But this is just going nowhere... nowhere fair at least.
Aug 31, 2012 4:41 AM

Sep 2008
@Post-Josh, I don't want Rokka once again suffered from the Shimao's departure...
Also I don't know Rokka falling in love with Hazuki when he was Hazuki,
or she falling in love with Hazuki with Shimao's soul.

I love Hazuki, but Rokka...
Has anyone ever thought of how she feels?
Aug 31, 2012 8:05 AM

Nov 2011
the way he run .... XD
Aug 31, 2012 9:56 AM

May 2008
Shit Hazuki's identity is getting taken over by Shimao and he is turning to Shimao ... Really sucks . Come on Shimao , Hazuki already lend you his body , give it back be a man ...

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 31, 2012 11:34 AM

Apr 2011
I'm surprised some people want Shimao to remain in Hazuki's body forever. What about Hazuki? He's a totally innocent victim in this and didn't even properly consent for his body to be taken over. I really dislike this Shimao character...
Aug 31, 2012 11:44 AM

Jul 2011
The way things are going I can't imagine a happy ending.
Sadly Shimao will have to move on and leave, I mean It's Hazuki's body, he couldn't stay there forever and don't think Rokka after recognizing Shimao will move on to Hazuki.

So my predictions are:

Shimao moves on, Rokka moves on, and maybe with time Hazuki will have a chance, but definitely not right away. THE END
Aug 31, 2012 1:04 PM
Jan 2012
this is a pretty underrated anime, i esp love the artwork and the internal monologue....but i feel like theyre trying too hard now....it's been 3 episodes since anything happned....we get it, hazuki's in a fairy tale shimao borrowed his body, move on.....
Aug 31, 2012 2:13 PM

Mar 2012
You said it's underrated and then went on to say how it hasn't been good lately, lol. I wouldn't say 7.9 is a bad rating.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 31, 2012 3:22 PM

Jul 2012
Wow it was great, i love this show.
Aug 31, 2012 4:12 PM

Apr 2012
Post-Josh said:
You said it's underrated and then went on to say how it hasn't been good lately, lol. I wouldn't say 7.9 is a bad rating.

Ratings on mal are incredibly meaningless. You actually know that, right? People give it a 10 because their fav seiyu is in it or a 4 because they didn't like one episode..
I would go as far as well to say it's underrated but the second half undermines that statement quite a lot.
And the hassle about this second half gets louder with every Shimao-in-Hazukis-body episode.

So yeah, it hasn't been good lately for such a good story in itself. That's just too sad.
It could be easily over 8 if the last episodes weren't that dragging.
Aug 31, 2012 4:22 PM

Mar 2012
No, I don't know that. The fact that people suck at rating is irrelevant, an average is an average. It represents the average of the community, even if the community is irrational.

You did the same thing as the last guy, as well. You went on to say "it could easily be over 8" as if that's important, after saying that ratings are meaningless.

I think you two are trying to say it's underwhelming, as in, wasted a lot of its potential.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 31, 2012 4:23 PM

Jul 2011
2 episodes left, thank god! These last episodes were a pain to watch...
Aug 31, 2012 5:53 PM

Aug 2008
Have you ever cried sadly while laughing at someone running?
Aug 31, 2012 7:26 PM

Apr 2012
Post-Josh said:
The fact that people suck at rating is irrelevant, an average is an average. It represents the average of the community, even if the community is irrational.

No, it isn't irrelevant. It's highly relevant as those who "fail" in ratings mess up the average and therefore give a false result. And as long as you try to argue with this 7.9 as "not a bad rating" as in "this anime is not bad rated even though you're saying it's bad lately" based on this behaviour, you are just wrong. You just can't argue that way with such numbers when the source is screwed up.
Ratings on mal are an indicator not an absolute state saying it has to be good if it's over 7.5 (that would be 80% of all animes on here, it seems therefore meaningless) making your opinion invalid when you say it's been bad lately even though the anime itself (aka the story behind that) is better than that. That are two whole different things.

Post-Josh said:
You did the same thing as the last guy, as well. You went on to say "it could easily be over 8" as if that's important, after saying that ratings are meaningless.

I think you two are trying to say it's underwhelming, as in, wasted a lot of its potential.

What's so difficult to understand that the second half is most likely the culprit for a rather lower than higher rating (read the rising critics in the respective threads)? If the last episodes were better they would have resulted in a better rating of the anime, here it doesn't matter of what I said before about the rating itself.
Then the rating would indicate on a higher level that this anime is good, be it 8.1 or 8.2 or whatever.
The last episodes give people the feeling (including myself) this whole anime (aka story) is bad what it actually isn't. I downrated it myself because of the second half, dragging the whole anime. You call it wasting potential, I call it bad episodes lately that went partly completely off track dragging the whole anime, making it underrated.

But yeah, I get the point, you're trolling the opinions of others. So I let it be at that and wish you a good day. :)
Aug 31, 2012 7:56 PM

Oct 2011
Kugutsue said:
Man, I had really high hopes for this anime. But this is just going nowhere... nowhere fair at least.

This!

But next week's preview seems promising!
Aug 31, 2012 8:07 PM

Mar 2012
@nantuko Well, at least you wished me a good day, because nothing else made sense. There's no such thing as a false rating and pretty much every other problem stems from that.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 31, 2012 11:31 PM
Aug 2012
I don't get why some people whine about this anime or just the last couple of episodes because Shimao is in Hazuki's body. They think Shimao's been in Hazuki's body for too long, and the story is dragging. You know what I think? I think you need to watch this show for what it is, not for what you anticipate it to be. Maybe you would like this show better if Shimao was in Hazuki's body for one episode and gone, and all the remaining episodes would be about the blossom of love between Hazuki and Rokka. But obviously that is not the kind of story the author wants to tell. So if you don't like this anime because you don't like how long Shimao's been in Hazuki's body, that's fine, but please stop whining about it. You think Shimao in Hazuki's body is annoying? I think the half dozen people complaining about it in every episode discussion thread are annoying.

I apologize for the ranting. As for this episode, now that Rokka finally realized it's Shimao who's in Hazuki's body, I wonder how the story will conclude with two episodes remaining. Also, I wonder what's the implication for Hazuki seeing Shimao in his own reflection? that he's replacing Shimao in the fairy land? he's becoming more like Shimao? or Rokka starts to like him the way she likes Shimao?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2012

167 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 5, 2012

151 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2012

103 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2012

71 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 16, 2012

88 by katakumplat »»
Jan 28, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.