Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 13, 2016 1:09 PM

Feb 2012
Did the priest guy call himself god lol

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 19, 2016 3:51 PM

Apr 2013
Talk about overkill my gawd.
Jul 6, 2016 11:28 PM

Jan 2013
Excellent first episode, with great animation.
Sad to watch child abuse
Jul 29, 2016 9:03 AM

Sep 2015
I have high hopes for this series given its connection to Samurai Champloo, and obvious inspiration from the works of Shinichiro Watanabe. But all in all wasn't that impressed with the first episode. I liked all the parts with Michiko but we didn't get to see enough of her. And truthfully I want to like Hana (Hatchin?), she's a pretty grounded protagonist who reminds me of a child from a Ghibli film. But her story line here was so terrible it kind of derailed the shows momentum for me. Her family was just too evil, it went past the point of engendering sympathy and into oh come the fuck on no one would be that mean. Particularly the scene where the son and daughter are making her behave like a horse. That scene was also kind of fetishy and gross.

This show has some things going for it for sure. For the time it's animation is pretty damn solid. It also has killer music, and seems capable of constructing a good fight scene (something Manglobe has always been good at). But this was a frightfully weak premiere, riddled with narrative gaps, dull dialogue and baffling character motivations. I really do hope, that this snowballs into something bigger and I forget all about this stuff by the end. But that's never the strongest way to start your series. The OP was awesome though.
Aug 1, 2016 11:31 AM

Jan 2015
Orgulho BR!!!
Good first episode, the OST reminds me of Cowboy Bebop and that's awesome!
Aug 10, 2016 7:52 PM

Feb 2014
AUHhuauha wtf am I watching? the true black "comedy"? It was painful to watch in many ways. Violence fanservice as hell.

"Brazil"? Just the environment is enough to deny it.

The little girl's voice does no match her, I mean, she's young but the voice is of an older girl.

Going to give the next episodes a try, let's see how it comes.
TechOtakuAug 12, 2016 11:41 PM
Sep 21, 2016 11:21 PM
Sep 2015
One thing I don't get. Hana ran away after beating up Maria, and suddenly she's back eating dinner with that family. WTF?? Was the running away all a dream or something?

And Michiko is just letting the priest shoot at her with the shotgun >_>

Other than that it was great.
Oct 12, 2016 12:39 AM

Jan 2015

Not sure anyone else noticed this, but the people who signed the certificate of adoption were Paulo Roberto Falcão and Antônio Carlos Cerezo (aka Toninho Cerezo). To those unfamiliar, those two were football players on the Brazilian National Team in the World Cups of 1982 and 1986. They were both midfielders in the starting 11 by the way.
elvishenOct 12, 2016 12:46 AM
Oct 14, 2017 4:11 AM

May 2010
This show made me yell twice at the beyond disgusting actions of Hana's fake siblings. That family was beyond crazy, I was chanting in my mouth the whole time. Was so glad when Hana bitch-slapped Maria and she started whimpering. Like that suits you more. And I swear I wanted Hana to run that iron on that other kid, he pissed me off the most.

Great premise. This looks refreshing.
Feb 8, 2018 5:57 PM

Mar 2012
i was really surprised to see an anime inspired in brazil and it was an interesting watch. kinda funny to see everything written in portuguese and not in the subtitles and the pronunciation of the names.
i actually liked it. there wasn't much of a plot, but come on, it's just the first episode and i think the joy of introducing us to what the ride is gonna feel like was well done.
Feb 21, 2018 10:16 AM

Jun 2011
I decided to watch this anime since I heard it was like one of my all=time favorite anime, Cowboy Bebop. I was leery about the plot to be honest because I don't like watching children being abused but at least Michiko saved her so I hope it gets better from there.

I didn't like this first episode because I hated Hana's foster family and it fails to be up to Bebop's standards.

2/5
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Mar 10, 2018 2:39 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty good first episode, was really uncomfortable for me at times but I liked it. I too think the beating the sister and running away part was her imagination, because the sister did not having any bruises or signs of the beating and it didn't seem like Hana was in trouble with her foster family. Then again, Michiko's message may have put all of that on the back burner.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 22, 2018 1:22 AM

Mar 2016
Cinderella 2.0? (・ω<)☆
Nice episode and perfect opening! Members of Hana's "family" are really monsters.
Hana is unhappy. It's a pity!

Cat! Cat! Cat! What happened to the cat? (ノ_<。)
Apr 18, 2019 10:00 PM

Jun 2016
Decent start. That family deserved much, much worse, I was seething at their actions.

Tried out the dub, pretty solid and goes with the setting, I might stick with it.

Michiko seems like a foxy lady <3

Wonder what her link to Hana is. She had a baby picture of her - well, she doesn't *look* like her mother, but I suppose it's within the realms of possibility.
Sep 8, 2019 6:20 AM

Oct 2012
F Manglobe, never forget :(

Her family deserved much worse than that, Michiko should have shot the priest
At least now Hana is in much better hand

Also the english dub for Michiko is Monica Rial... Ewww
Glad I didn't use dub or even like it

"Signature removed"
Jul 12, 2020 8:44 AM

Mar 2018
Only one episode in and I am already in love with it. It is stylish, the music is great and it is different from the usual lot (plus it is from one of my favourite anime people :g:)
Jul 12, 2021 1:57 PM

Apr 2020
I don't know how did I get myself to watch this, but hey, it may be a hidden gem! I really enjoyed that first episode, let's see where it goes from here

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Sep 4, 2021 4:17 PM

Nov 2016
That family was fucking obnoxious.

Too early to say if this will be good or not, but I like badass women like Michiko and the directing slaps.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 25, 2021 9:28 PM

Dec 2020
Enjoying the vibe so far. Watching that family abuse Hana was rage inducing though.
Jul 25, 2022 9:37 PM

Apr 2016
It nailed the soap opera tragedy perfectly down to the moment when the protagonist give the evil people a good earned slapping and punching meal.

Michiko entrance was great.

Some scenes were framed in way that was not appealing to me, though.
Aug 21, 2022 9:10 PM
Apr 2021
What a great first episode but MY GODDDD I wanna beat tf outta that family they’re so obnoxiously irritating asf😑 but im happy that hatchin is with Michiko now🥹
Jun 17, 2023 12:24 AM

Apr 2023
It’s pretty good, got me hooked, but I gotta rant on the foster family. Fuck those bastards. Fuck em all. Especially that Maria girl, and that Gabriel dude. And that dad who told Hana “love thy neighbor” as if they follow that. Like bitch don’t fucking tell her “love thy neighbor” when you clearly don’t love her by letting Maria and Gabriel treat her like shit while you and your ugly hag wife sit on your asses and don’t do shit.

That was the end of my rant, but I’m hooked into the series. 
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
Jul 4, 2023 2:28 PM
Jul 2023
great directing and intro
Jul 28, 2023 11:48 AM

Jan 2013
haha bullying goes brrr!!!
Aug 29, 2023 1:17 PM

Aug 2018
Watching this had been on my mind for some years now and I can say that this is a great start for a series, specially how much was shown during such short time. This show really gives off that same kind of Cowboy Bebop/ Great Pretender type of wibes which makes me very happy and I hope it won’t  dissapoint

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Mar 22, 2009

241 by superwaha »»
Feb 27, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

104 by prozyne »»
Jan 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 29, 2008

82 by prozyne »»
Jan 28, 5:38 AM

» music in this series

abyss_will - Jan 20, 2019

5 by abyss_will »»
Jan 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 16 Discussion

simo000 - Mar 14, 2009

40 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.