Forum Settings
Forums

Which anime's ending disappointed you the most? *Spoiler Alerts*

New
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2012 6:17 AM

Nov 2011
I was disappointed by the ending of Welcome to the NHK, but I sorta agree with how they ended it. It's an amazing anime anyhow, so it doesn't count.

Hmm. I didn't like the anime This Ugly Yet Beautiful World to begin with, but it was one of the worst endings I've seen in most anime.
Aug 16, 2012 6:23 AM
Mar 2012
Gaichi said:
virgo_sama said:

Sankarea, I don't know what to say, but it's so disappointing that it didn't feel like an end at all

Must agree to this.
(Well there is still OVA episodes, but...)

this, too. They should have just come up with an anie-original ending like Silverlink did with Tasogare Otome x Amnesia ( i picked this as a comparison 'cause they came on the same season), i mean everyone knows how this is gonna end.....
Aug 16, 2012 7:14 AM

May 2010
Those endings that disappointed me the most are...

Heavy Metal L-Gaim

Mobile Suit Gundam F91

Neo-Ranga

Ranma 1/2
Aug 16, 2012 7:23 AM

Aug 2012
Lots of animes dissapointed me with their ending. However, the most dissapointing one would have to be Shakugan NO Shana. I mean seriously...I was confused throughout all 3 seasons, and then the ending?
Aug 16, 2012 7:27 AM

Jul 2011
Kanade0626 said:
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi hands down. Why pick the dumb bitch over everyone else better than her?

THIS!

All the other girls were much better than that annoying bitch.
Aug 16, 2012 7:29 AM

Oct 2011
Clannad After Story ending was slightly.....very slightly disappointing........
Actually,now that I think about it.It was more of a "WTF?Uh,okay.Let's go with that" like the ending to Mass Effect 3.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Aug 16, 2012 7:45 AM

Apr 2012
Jeddy017 said:
Clannad After Story ending was slightly.....very slightly disappointing........
Actually,now that I think about it.It was more of a "WTF?Uh,okay.Let's go with that" like the ending to Mass Effect 3.

Man, I can understand a masochist ending of GC, but seriously, (Clannad AS spoiler)
LunaAug 16, 2012 10:43 PM

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Aug 16, 2012 8:37 AM

Nov 2009
Sankarea. Eventhought it's possibly getting season 2.
Aug 16, 2012 9:38 AM

Feb 2012
AirStyles said:
Imo...

Soul Eater

This lol, made me hate it so much.

Aug 16, 2012 9:46 AM

Jul 2012
aiNkyy said:
Kanade0626 said:
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi hands down. Why pick the dumb bitch over everyone else better than her?

THIS!

Welcome to the world of harems.

Agreed with both of these though. I couldn't stand Ui. She acted like a 5 year old.
Aug 16, 2012 10:05 AM

Aug 2012
Death Note, Soul Eater, and Pandora Hearts. D: Read the manga for the last two though.
Aug 16, 2012 10:23 AM

Aug 2012
Hm... Guilty Crown had a really depressing ending, Shu didn't seem to have a whole lot going for him at the end
Aug 16, 2012 10:24 AM

Jun 2011
Soul Eater's ending was pretty uninspiring.
Aug 16, 2012 10:43 AM

Jun 2010
MAGIKANO

HAD POTENTIAL AND BLEW IT
Anime/Manga Gives Heart To The World <3

http://www.youtube.com/user/lust4lyfe101
Aug 16, 2012 10:46 AM

Jul 2011
*Joke*

School Days, it needed more yandere actions <3

*Serious*

Deadman Wonderland, Hmm I wish they will finish manga soon...

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Aug 16, 2012 11:56 AM
Aug 2012
NK_500 said:
Gun X Sword.
What. No. Just no. That was possibly the most satisfying ending of any anime I've seen. No loopholes, no unanswered questions, all characters were well developed, and they way Van did you know what to you know who was like...perfect.
Aug 16, 2012 4:02 PM

Jan 2012
Moedangel said:
NK_500 said:
Gun X Sword.
What. No. Just no. That was possibly the most satisfying ending of any anime I've seen. No loopholes, no unanswered questions, all characters were well developed, and they way Van did you know what to you know who was like...perfect.

---
Aug 16, 2012 4:10 PM

Sep 2010
Rushed?No. It was episode 26. A lot of things, like villains dying, are expected to happen in the final episode of all series.

Aug 16, 2012 4:26 PM

Oct 2011
Well there are those anime that deviated from their corresponding manga (Ao no Exorcist, Soul Eater) or had an open ending because the manga was still ongoing (D.Gray Man, Pandora Hearts)... Those all tend to be pretty disappointing if you didn't read the manga.

Also, overall I liked the ending of Xam'd: Lost Memories but I kinda wish that
This was actually more disappointing than if the whole thing had been a train-wreck because it was just one little thing at the end. (I mean sure my feelings were spared but it seemed like kind of a cop-out)
Aug 16, 2012 4:30 PM

Aug 2012
Jordeeee said:
Deadman Wonderland

Holy shit man, they ended off with so many loose ends, and I don't really mind that but the problem for me is that their hasn't or wont be a second season!

Amen brother, amen.
Aug 16, 2012 7:24 PM
May 2012
Nana

i sort of agree with Nana, but i think the reason it never ended is because the author got sick and never finished the manga.
Aug 16, 2012 8:16 PM
Aug 2012
NK_500 said:
Moedangel said:
NK_500 said:
Gun X Sword.

Was not rushed.. it doesn't even matter. That's just ONE part, it sums everything up.. it just.. ends. you know? I hate anime's that end and don't explain anything at all.. and people say "It's up to the people to decide" Then you find out there's a season 2 (basically the manga continues) so it's not really up to people to decide.. it doesn't end.. the anime does, but that story doesn't.

A bad one was Angel Beats! Since it explained nothing and just "ended", it's like "Yeah.. we didn't want to explain it.. so here you go."
Although it was an amazing anime and I didn't mind the ending THAT much, it was one of those "need these questions answered" endings.
Aug 16, 2012 8:18 PM

Apr 2011
Pandora Hearts and Soul Eater.

Son I was disappoint.
Aug 17, 2012 3:22 AM

Jun 2009
noyoureinsane said:
aiNkyy said:
Kanade0626 said:

THIS!

Agreed with both of these though. I couldn't stand Ui. She acted like a 5 year old.

Haven't seen the show. But, I find it to be always preferable when the protag at least picks somebody. What's annoying is when he doesn't at all and that happens pretty frequently from what I've seen.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 17, 2012 7:37 AM

Aug 2012
Gaichi said:
*Joke*

School Days, it needed more yandere actions <3

*Serious*

Deadman Wonderland, Hmm I wish they will finish manga soon...

school days was pretty wierd and annoying. i mean at the first bits he wanted to go out with kotonoha then as it progresses he just thinks "shes boring so im gonna have sex with my childhood friend who i secretly love and all the girls i know"
Aug 17, 2012 7:40 AM

Aug 2012
NK_500 said:
Gun X Sword.

your writing in the signature when did manami say that kirino anime or manga?
Aug 17, 2012 7:41 AM

Aug 2012
None really, I just accept endings as part of what the creators wanted to do, just like the rest of the show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2012 7:53 AM

Dec 2010
Berserk

Aug 17, 2012 7:56 AM

Nov 2010
moved
kickthebucketAug 17, 2012 8:00 AM
Aug 17, 2012 7:58 AM

Mar 2012
noyoureinsane said:
aiNkyy said:
Kanade0626 said:

THIS!

*sigh* I swear to God I'm the only one that loved Hoshizora and it's ending.

Are you guys serious? They telegraphed that ending from episode 1. If you couldn't see that coming, that's your own damn fault. lol
Aug 17, 2012 8:00 AM

Mar 2012
For me, the most disappointing ending I have ever seen for an anime is probably Gosick. I was SO close to giving that anime a 10...and then the last two episodes screwed everything up. It's still a really good anime in my opinion...I still gave it an 8...but man, that ending had me fuming.
Aug 17, 2012 8:01 AM

Nov 2010
kusoatsui said:
school days was pretty wierd and annoying. i mean at the first bits he wanted to go out with kotonoha then as it progresses he just thinks "shes boring so im gonna have sex with my childhood friend who i secretly love and all the girls i know"

that's the whole point behind the show :s

makoto is a sociopath and a sex addict (and is portrayed as a mental state of mind) so yeah you might have missed what he said in the end... (you know when...)

also just for the people who like it and those who hate it, here's a quoute from the wiki

UK Anime Network, a British online anime and manga magazine, gave the television series a 7 out of 10, summarizing it as "An utter subversion of the high school romance genre, which is disturbing and unsettling... yet oddly compelling in its own way." THEM Anime Reviews, a website devoted to the review of anime, gave the series a less favorable 1 out of 5 stars, citing "overblown, shallow, and flat" characters and that although "School Days looks fascinating when you see screenshots of it and read episode guides", the reviewer found it to be "annoying, stupid, mean-spirited, and full of some of the biggest idiots [he had] seen in an anime in a long time

----

Toucanbird said:
noyoureinsane said:
aiNkyy said:
Kanade0626 said:

THIS!

Are you guys serious? They telegraphed that ending from episode 1. If you couldn't see that coming, that's your own damn fault. lol

no i liked it also ^^ i don't realy care if they don't pick the girl i'm rooting for, as long as there is one :D
Aug 17, 2012 8:07 AM

Jun 2012
Im surprised not that many people have mentioned Angle beats!, although I dont think the ending was as bad as a lot of people say, I do think a lot of potential was wasted and they really needed to tie some loose ends up. I suppose the fact the anime itself was amazing makes up for it xD
Aug 17, 2012 8:07 AM

Mar 2012
One thing I have to say about Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi was at least it was honest with itself. It didn't necessarily "show" an overall mutual attraction between Kazuma and (insert harem girl here from that series).

Aug 17, 2012 8:09 AM

Mar 2012
Kar_Athri said:
Im surprised not that many people have mentioned Angle beats!, although I dont think the ending was as bad as a lot of people say, I do think a lot of potential was wasted and they really needed to tie some loose ends up. I suppose the fact the anime itself was amazing makes up for it xD

Angel Beats is one of my favorite animes of all-time and I wouldn't call it "disappointing"...more confusing than disappointing. It was one of the few times I found myself crying at my laptop screaming "That doesn't make any sense but it's still so God damn sad!" lol
Aug 17, 2012 8:09 AM

Apr 2012
kickthebucket said:
kusoatsui said:

that's the whole point behind the show :s

makoto is a sociopath and a sex addict (and is portrayed as a mental state of mind) so yeah you might have missed what he said in the end... (you know when...)

also just for the people who like it and those who hate it, here's a quoute from the wiki

UK Anime Network, a British online anime and manga magazine, gave the television series a 7 out of 10, summarizing it as "An utter subversion of the high school romance genre, which is disturbing and unsettling... yet oddly compelling in its own way." THEM Anime Reviews, a website devoted to the review of anime, gave the series a less favorable 1 out of 5 stars, citing "overblown, shallow, and flat" characters and that although "School Days looks fascinating when you see screenshots of it and read episode guides", the reviewer found it to be "annoying, stupid, mean-spirited, and full of some of the biggest idiots [he had] seen in an anime in a long time

----

Toucanbird said:
noyoureinsane said:
aiNkyy said:
Kanade0626 said:

THIS!

no i liked it also ^^ i don't realy care if they don't pick the girl i'm rooting for, as long as there is one :D
I didn't see that anime. But you don't pick a girl because she's more beautiful or smarter. You pick a girl if you love her.

As I said, I don't know how the anime went and if the guy was forced or something.

But seriously. Complaining about that is slightly stupid.

Autocrat said:
Aug 17, 2012 8:16 AM
Nov 2010
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka

Kar_Athri said:
The ending was one of the few good things about Angel Beats, imo.
Aug 17, 2012 8:24 AM

Jun 2012
Z-flame said:

Kar_Athri said:

Well, what I found disappointing about the ending was that they tried to get everything into the 12 episode series, meaning it lost a lot of potential. Imo, it should had been a 24 episode series, 12 episodes was just too short for what they wanted to do.
Aug 17, 2012 8:32 AM

Apr 2012
Kar_Athri said:
Z-flame said:

Kar_Athri said:

Well, what I found disappointing about the ending was that they tried to get everything into the 12 episode series, meaning it lost a lot of potential. Imo, it should had been a 24 episode series, 12 episodes was just too short for what they wanted to do.

True, 24 episodes for Angel Beats would have been better.

It was a bit rushed, thus their relationships didn't actually hit as hard as they should have. If you know what I mean.

Autocrat said:
Aug 17, 2012 8:42 AM

Mar 2012
Immahnoob said:
Kar_Athri said:
Z-flame said:

Kar_Athri said:

It was a bit rushed, thus their relationships didn't actually hit as hard as they should have. If you know what I mean.

I'll agree to that as well. I would've liked to see back stories for all the characters rather than just the handful that they had in the 12 episode format.
Aug 17, 2012 8:44 AM

Apr 2012
Toucanbird said:
Immahnoob said:
Kar_Athri said:
Z-flame said:

Kar_Athri said:

I'll agree to that as well. I would've liked to see back stories for all the characters rather than just the handful that they had in the 12 episode format.

Actually, even the ones that got their stories told, were a bit rushed. That's the problem in the first place.

Anyways, I've loved it, so I gave it a 10. I'm known for caring only about the protagonist XD.

Autocrat said:
Aug 17, 2012 11:26 AM
Aug 2012
The worst, absolutely the fucking worst ending. That single-handedly made pure shit at the end... must be:

Soul Eater. Holy fuck the ending was so rushed, so fucking wack. First of all, when the Kishin was released it was expected to be a fight that wouldn't be able to be stopped other than Shinigami and therefor Maka and Soul had to train exceptionally hard so that Soul could become the Death-Scythe or some shit like that.

Ao No Exorcist also had a bad ending. I just didn't feel any emotional affections from the end, because it was all happy. It wasn't predictable though which kind of saved it a little bit though.

Naruto Shippuuden, even though it hasn't ended yet... I feel like it's going downhill in a speed faster than the speed of light. I mean there's almost nothing that can save this anime. The only reason I watch it is because I've spent a lot of time on it and I don't want them to feel like wasted. The only thing I want to know from this anime is who the man behind the mask is... nothing else feels important. Naruto and his relationships? Not at all. What is going to happen to Sasuke? Couldn't care one bit. They ruined the whole shit with Shippuuden. Kind of sad.
Aug 17, 2012 12:43 PM

Aug 2012
anyone else disappointed in sankarea? it doesnt feel like it ended didnt it?

Aug 17, 2012 12:44 PM

Apr 2012
kusoatsui said:

Because they should add another Season, that wasn't the ending in the manga/novel, and they still had a lot more to add.

Autocrat said:
Aug 17, 2012 12:54 PM

Jul 2012
Toucanbird said:
noyoureinsane said:
aiNkyy said:
Kanade0626 said:

THIS!

Just because I saw it coming doesn't make it any less terrible. Yeah, it was obvious from the beginning but that doesn't make it any better. Not just because they chose the worst girl out of the bunch, but how cheesy and cliche it was done.
Aug 17, 2012 12:54 PM

Aug 2012
Immahnoob said:
kusoatsui said:

Because they should add another Season, that wasn't the ending in the manga/novel, and they still had a lot more to add.

true that they should make another season. they should do that in highschool of the dead since the manga is far off from the anime even though its still on hiatus
Aug 17, 2012 12:58 PM

Aug 2012
noyoureinsane said:
Toucanbird said:
noyoureinsane said:
aiNkyy said:
Kanade0626 said:

THIS!

Just because I saw it coming doesn't make it any less terrible. Yeah, it was obvious from the beginning but that doesn't make it any better. Not just because they chose the worst girl out of the bunch, but how cheesy and cliche it was done.

off topic but dude did you get that signature from a site cos i've been trying to get an anime gif signature but i cant find one.
Aug 17, 2012 5:45 PM
Jul 2012
elfen lied
Aug 18, 2012 12:51 AM
Aug 2012
GoldenBRS said:
elfen lied
Elfen lied had a terrible ending, a terrible beginning, and a terrible middle.
Aug 18, 2012 1:15 AM

Jun 2012
DBZ - How is it that goku is just gonna say BYE to us like that :''(
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Spring 2024 Mid-Season Ranking

NoelleIsSleepy - 1 hour ago

9 by Prupel1 »»
5 minutes ago

» Ever thought an anime was a MASTERPIECE, then changed your mind? Or vice versa?

Rhae - 2 hours ago

3 by rey_n »»
7 minutes ago

» Will we get more anime's that reflect "Stoner Comedy"?

GoatPieceLuffy - 7 hours ago

27 by ColourWheel »»
53 minutes ago

» So, what's the oldest anime you've ever watched?

Gashadokur0 - Today

42 by AE-2 »»
59 minutes ago

» Who is the most overrated villain in anime?

The-Wombat - 2 hours ago

3 by shyam_patel »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.