Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2012 8:23 AM

Jul 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Baby emperor penguins are adorable. I have a giant plushie of one. They're one of my top 3 favorite animals. XD

Also, Misaki is voiced by Kaji Yuki, I think?

Aug 9, 2012 10:15 AM

Feb 2009
^Pretty sure it's Shimono Hiro. I hear Hiyama Nobuyuki in the King Penguin and Miyata Kouki in one of the squirrels. The rest I don't know.

We got a pool episode and not much of Sasako-san D:
And when she did show up, she's not in a flashy swimsuit. WHAT GIVES?! щ(゚Д゚щ)
Second half was okay but not as interesting. First half was fun though with Penguin's harem and the other penguin family. Quite educational.
Aug 9, 2012 12:15 PM

Apr 2012
belatkuro said:
^Pretty sure it's Shimono Hiro. I hear Hiyama Nobuyuki in the King Penguin and Miyata Kouki in one of the squirrels. The rest I don't know.

Yeah, I am pretty sure you are right about all of those voices. The only one that you did not mention that I recognized was Mr. Tree Kangaroo. I believe he was voiced by the same guy who did Portgas D. Ace from One Piece - Toshio Furukawa.

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode - especially the first half. All of the different species of penguins and the return of the Penko-sans were funny stuff. As for the second half, it was alright - but I did laugh when Panda said "I'm a bad guy, so I don't look at my past".
Aug 9, 2012 2:25 PM

Sep 2008
OMG! Hiro-chan in Shirokuma Cafe!
But why as human!
Why not neko-chan ;(
Gonna cry...
Aug 9, 2012 3:09 PM

Dec 2009
The first half was hilarious. The second part was alright, most of the enjoyment came from the voice actors who belatkuro mentioned that were added to the show's already amazing cast. At this point I feel it's only a matter of time before we get to hear Norio Wakamoto. I'd almost be disappointed if he doesn't show up somewhere down the line.
Ara ara.
Aug 9, 2012 4:52 PM

Mar 2010
I was enjoying this episode so much I didn't notice it was supposed to end... Hilarious first part and I couldn't stop laughing when the emperor and king penguin were fighting. and that scary looking penguin was just weird xD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 9, 2012 6:48 PM

Jul 2010
Haha, great episode! So many lolz..

Hehe, I thought the baby king penguin was cute in an ugly kind of way :3 But the most adorable thing was when the baby king and emperor penguins cuddled. I was just like *O* Too much cuteness :P

But mmm I really wanna try that coffee! :D
Aug 9, 2012 8:06 PM

Jun 2010
I love the part where the baby penguins... X3 It was just too cute and adorable. I want them as pets, but that sounds impossible XD. I know that Masaki is Hiro Shimono, but he does sound like Yuki Kaji at some point. Well, it's a great episode all in all. And Shirokuma's "WHAT?" when Masaki said he wanted to be a pupil was priceless.

P.S. Poor Penguin. Now he's being chased by seven lovestruck penguins. I memorized their names, but I'll never be able to know who is who. Again, poor penguin.
Aug 9, 2012 8:31 PM

Jul 2012
The baby penguins were by far the best part. XD

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Aug 10, 2012 8:38 AM

Aug 2008
omg, overload of cuteness from baby emperor penguin!
Omg!Hiro Shimono!
Aug 10, 2012 8:44 AM

May 2011
Thanks to this I had to look up baby penguins. Both king and emperor ones are so adorable in their fluffiness. The level of cute could have done me in when they were rubbing against each other. I briefly tried looking up the history of the king vs. emperor penguin names but I couldn't find much of anything. But it sounds sort of believable. xD I want some Penguin cards!

The coffee bit was nice with how Misaki managed to sort of befriend the squirrels. Although I just pictured him swatting the squirrels off the table. xD
belatkuro said:
We got a pool episode and not much of Sasako-san D:
And when she did show up, she's not in a flashy swimsuit. WHAT GIVES?! щ(゚Д゚щ)

I'm a little glad for that, actually. She's so lovely in her normal look alright and it doesn't feel like a series where I would want that kind of service. Maybe because I can't get the mental image of animals oogling her out of my head. xD
Aug 10, 2012 9:38 AM

Oct 2007
meguchiinyan said:
Oh my god Chinstrap Penguin is voiced by Sugita Tomokazu xD

I knew i heard his voice but i kept thinking to myself it can't be XD

I can't believe the female penguins are still following Penguin san around. The second part was really boring i wasn't even watching it :(

fiore777 said:
Thanks to this I had to look up baby penguins. Both king and emperor ones are so adorable in their fluffiness. The level of cute could have done me in when they were rubbing against each other. I briefly tried looking up the history of the king vs. emperor penguin names but I couldn't find much of anything. But it sounds sort of believable. xD I want some Penguin cards!

I tried looking it up too! XD but I just ended up reading wikipedia articles about penguins lol Actually I didn't know the baby king penguin looked like that the anime made him looked ugly but the pictures that I saw on google images were really cute.
YukariAug 10, 2012 9:50 AM
Aug 10, 2012 12:11 PM

Jul 2010
Just something about hearing well known VAs voicing a cute anime like Shirokuma Cafe is just so awesome.
Aug 10, 2012 8:08 PM
Jul 2008
First part was cute & awesome. But the 2nd half ended abruptly.
Aug 11, 2012 4:32 AM

Jan 2010
The first part was definitely the best! Chinstrap penguin made me LOL and then I found out he was voiced by Sugita Tomokazu!! Seriously, this guy..... XD
Aug 12, 2012 4:53 PM

Jul 2012
One of the best episodes.
Aug 22, 2012 9:02 PM

Sep 2011
Mr. Tree Kangaroo so adorable >e<~
I like Masaki!
Sep 12, 2012 6:38 AM

Apr 2011
aw Masaki was nice !~
Nov 2, 2012 7:14 PM

Jul 2012
Epic episode. So entertaining, funny and all out adorable. :3 Five out of five.

I love the penguins and I love the squirrels. So cute.
Nov 19, 2014 9:50 AM

May 2012
Fun episode, let's see what's next! That ED sure is catchy :D
Jan 1, 2017 1:49 AM

Jun 2016
Haha a lot of new characters appear. Baby penguins sure are cute <3
Sep 24, 2017 4:41 PM

Jul 2009
Loads of new characters this week! A lot of the penguin info in the first half I didn't already know, like the different types and how they got their names. Baby emperor penguins are so cute ... but yeah the baby king penguins ... not so much lol :P Nice to see Polar Bear and Panda relaxing by the pool, and the 7 Penkos return as well XD Then in the second half we have Misaki, another human! Not to mention all the workers at the coffee place as well. I personally don't like black coffee either, maybe I need to try the one at Polar Bear's Cafe :P Also, the seiyuu~! I knew I recognized Misaki but couldn't quite name him until I looked it up >_<
Feb 4, 2018 3:04 PM

Feb 2017
This was a good animal-oriented episode. First part was mildly educational and the second part introduced us to new species.
Feb 17, 2018 4:12 AM

Apr 2014
Emperor Penguin Really do look cute... Till they get older. some Interesting Development to the story this episode has... I've Learn a little.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 10 Discussion

greenmush - Jun 7, 2012

27 by tingy »»
Mar 5, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 50 Discussion

HybridMBL - Mar 28, 2013

45 by nelcalb »»
Oct 27, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 7 Discussion

Eudaimonia - May 17, 2012

29 by tingy »»
Sep 27, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 5 Discussion

deex - May 3, 2012

29 by tingy »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 4 Discussion

gohdan - Jun 9, 2012

45 by tingy »»
Sep 24, 2023 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.