Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for June 11th - 17th

New
Jun 20, 2012 3:55 PM
#1
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Offline
Apr 2010
3338
The weekly manga and light novels rankings for June 11th - 17th

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

Manga
*1, 222,909 *,222,909 Chihayafuru, Vol. 17
*2, 172,046 *,172,046 Fairy Tail, Vol. 33
*3, *82,286 *,*82,286 Tonari no Atashi, Vol. 10
*4, *81,087 *,604,962 Bleach, Vol. 55
*5, *73,762 *,*73,762 Air Gear, Vol. 36
*6, *72,612 *,*72,612 Shura no Mon: Dai Ni Mon, Vol.6
*7, *68,907 *,*68,907 Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo, 20th Anniversary Series Vol. 1
*8, *64,059 *,399,210 Bakuman., Vol. 19
*9, *63,157 *,*63,157 Mashiro no Oto, Vol. 6
10, *57,673 *,*57,673 Area no Kishi , Vol. 31

11, *54,215 *,*54,215 Detective Conan, Vol. 76
12, *53,600 *,*53,600 Dear Boys Act III, Vol. 10
13, *52,683 *,170,075 Initial D: First Stage, Vol. 45
14, *51,776 *,279,483 Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Vol.39
15, *48,562 *,*98,062 7Seeds, Vol. 22
16, *45,380 *,*45,380 Fairy Tail Special Edition with DVD, Vol. 33
17, *43,016 *,*43,016 Ouke no Monshou, Vol. 57
18, *40,903 *,*40,903 Kimi no Iru Machi, Vol. 18
19, *40,564 *,*40,564 Taiyou no Ie,Vol. 6
20, *37,252 *,183,427 Claymore, Vol. 22

21, *36,708 *,190,209 Beelzebub, Vol. 16
22, *36,321 *,*36,321 Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, 31
23, *34,066 *,*75,149 Sankarea, Vol. 6
24, *33,837 *,519,459 Kuroshitsuji, Vol. 14
25, *33,147 *,*33,147 Shura no Mon Iden: Fudekage, Vol. 3
26, *31,692 *,*31,692 Gisèle Alain, Vol. 3
27, *30,844 3,024,596 One Piece, Vol. 66
28, *29,910 1,055,967 Kimi ni Todoke, Vol. 16
29, *27,474 *,357,665 Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, Vol. 15
30, *27,092 *,*57,867 BTOOOM!, Vol. 8

Light Novels
*1, 17,419 *40,417 Kagero Days - in a daze
*2, 11,433 *32,431 Heavy Object vol.6
*3, 10,380 194,993 Kotenbu Series vol.1 Hyouka
*4, 10,182 *63,279 Bleach: Spirits Are Forever With You vol.1
*5, *9,565 *56,581 Bleach: Spirits Are Forever With You vol.2
*6, *9,529 *25,740 Tenshi no 3P!
*7, *9,311 *30,119 Strike the Blood vol.4
*8, *9,000 120,096 Kotenbu Series vol.2
*9, *8,473 *22,708 Golden Time Side Story
10, *8,393 **8,393 Sekai no Subete wo Tsutsumu Koi

Source: Oricon Youtaiju
Sakana-sanOct 17, 2016 5:18 AM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 20, 2012 3:59 PM
#2

Offline
Feb 2012
5478
Sankarea got a bit of a boost, didn't it?

Chihayafuru kicking Fairy Tail's ass, it sure is popular.
Jun 20, 2012 4:09 PM
#3

Offline
Nov 2008
2930
I wonder when that Nadeshiko manga is going to end.. if ever.
Jun 20, 2012 4:23 PM
#4

Offline
Sep 2011
9876
Yey Fairy Tail ^-^
Jun 20, 2012 5:09 PM
#5

Offline
Feb 2012
5478
jmal said:
Fairy Tail still sells more overall. Latest numbers 9I think) for the previous volume:
*8, *,*59,271 *,453,940 Fairy Tail vol.32

That's like 100-150k more than most Chihayafuru volumes do, if I remember correctly. I think this week was only just a partial week for FT or something. Sometimes titles have smaller first weeks and relatively large second weeks, an sometimes they do most of the sales in an extra big first week. I'm guessing there's some reason related to distribution schedules and release dates and whatever, but big sellers like Chihayafuru and Fairy Tail should only be compared after 2-3 weeks.

I actually did think that it was quite weak for its first week and in the end it will sell more copies than Chihayafuru but hey, it did beat FT.
Jun 20, 2012 5:29 PM
#6

Offline
Nov 2010
303
Zhou said:
Chihayafuru kicking Fairy Tail's ass, it sure is popular.


I have about the same amount of respect for both series but I have to say it's a bit unfair since Chihayafuru's volume came out 2 days before FT (Ft came out on the 15th - so here are the sales it made in 3 days - and Ch came out on 13th - so here are the sales it made in 5 days) so it has 2 days of advantage which in the release week represents a lot of volumes. Besides even considering only the numbers here and not forgetting you should add the sales of the volume with the dvd for the comparison, since it's the same volume after all, FT would lose by something like 10k sales. That plus the 2 day thing makes the expression kicking ass a bit unfair.

But, on the other hand... Chihayafuru is Josei, a genre that, on average, sells a lot less than shounen so considering it actually has these sales surpassing most shounen, it is more mention worthy than FT's sale.

I just realized I wrote too much over such a trifle matter. I apologize for that.
Jun 20, 2012 5:41 PM
#7

Offline
Aug 2008
3197
Grabbing Taiyou no Ie from that list.
Jun 20, 2012 5:41 PM
#8
Offline
Mar 2010
208
Zhou said:
Sankarea got a bit of a boost, didn't it?

Chihayafuru kicking Fairy Tail's ass, it sure is popular.


Are you taking this into consideration?

*1, 222,909 *,222,909 Chihayafuru, Vol. 17
*2, 172,046 *,172,046 Fairy Tail, Vol. 33
16, *45,380 *,*45,380 Fairy Tail Special Edition with DVD, Vol. 33

Granted that only brings Fairy Tail to 217,426 copies to Chihayafuru's 222,909, but the measly 5,483 copy difference is easily made up in the long run.
Jun 20, 2012 5:43 PM
#9

Offline
Feb 2012
5478
GrayArchon said:
Are you taking this into consideration?

Nope, it just looks nice for Chihayafuru to be ahead of Fairy Tail even if that is going to change next week.
Jun 20, 2012 5:45 PM

Offline
Aug 2007
3749
There are interesting titles on the list: kyou koi and fairy tail are two examples of goo mangas.
Jun 20, 2012 6:18 PM

Offline
Jul 2008
417
222,909 sales in one week for Chihayafuru , that's impressive.
Jun 20, 2012 6:30 PM

Offline
Jan 2009
92316
at least Claymore is there getting good sales
Jun 20, 2012 6:40 PM

Offline
Mar 2009
65239
Good to see Conan and Initial D.
Jun 20, 2012 8:27 PM

Offline
Mar 2011
404
fairy tail doing good..

also.. gotta watch chihayafuru

Jun 20, 2012 10:03 PM

Offline
Mar 2011
1130
Fairy tail,Bleach and Air gear doing good.Can't wait for the new work from Oh! Great
Jun 20, 2012 10:10 PM
Offline
Aug 2011
2127
Fairy Tail and Air Gear(R.I.P) :(

In the near future, Code:Breaker will also be appearing frequently on these rankings
Gatchum_Bye-ByeJun 20, 2012 10:14 PM
Jun 20, 2012 10:33 PM

Offline
Jul 2011
4353
Congrats to Chihayafuru!!
Jun 20, 2012 10:56 PM

Offline
Dec 2011
8943
Incidentally, what's the best selling Josei manga ever and how close to the title is Chihayafuru?

I know Sazae-san is listed as Josei, but that's well known for the anime, not the manga - which ended almost 40 years ago.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 21, 2012 2:05 AM

Offline
Nov 2007
96
kuuderes_shadow said:
Incidentally, what's the best selling Josei manga ever and how close to the title is Chihayafuru?


I have no idea about all time best sellers, but in recent years Nodame Cantabile was averaging over 1 million per volume.
Jun 21, 2012 2:56 AM

Offline
Jul 2008
421
Icebreaker93 said:
Can't wait for the new work from Oh! Great

This. I just hope that when it's there it get's picked up by English publishers quick enough, I don't read scanlations.


Jun 21, 2012 5:02 AM

Offline
Jul 2009
184
Nice, Chihayafuru's sellings are very good.
One piece volume 66 sold 3 million :D
Jun 21, 2012 6:07 AM

Offline
Jan 2012
274
Grats to Katekyo Hitman Reborn for getting into the rankings
Jun 21, 2012 6:49 AM
Offline
Aug 2010
149
w00t Chihayafuru on top. Plus, Kuroshitsuji :) sweet
"To define is to limit."
--Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Jun 21, 2012 7:45 AM

Offline
Jul 2010
2478
Oh noez.Bleach is not no.1 -sob- Well, 4 is still good <3 and FT 2#, yay.
Jun 21, 2012 10:08 AM

Offline
Nov 2008
3339
it's a decent list i say
Jun 21, 2012 2:05 PM
Offline
Feb 2011
182
kuuderes_shadow said:
Incidentally, what's the best selling Josei manga ever and how close to the title is Chihayafuru?


NANA. It sold as much as One Piece:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-12-19/2008-yearly-japanese-comic-ranking-no.1-25
Jun 21, 2012 4:55 PM
Offline
Jul 2018
564612
...and now make a bloody season 2 for chihaya!
Jun 22, 2012 12:30 AM

Offline
Jan 2010
1371
Really not a surprise that Chihayfuru got a second season, I guess.
Jun 22, 2012 11:24 AM

Offline
Apr 2011
1700
Chihayafuru means business.
Jun 23, 2012 5:15 PM

Offline
Apr 2012
1027
Chihayafuru show who's the boss this week...
Super manga, good anime... and now we just need to wait for season 2...
chi-chan i'll be waiting XD
Jun 23, 2012 8:29 PM

Offline
Feb 2012
2723
Definitely going to move up Chihayafuru on my PTW list.

Also good to see Claymore is selling decently. I'm seriously hoping they'll give it a FMA:Brotherhood treatment as it gets closer to ending.
Jun 27, 2012 11:22 PM

Offline
Sep 2011
3935
woot, a new Btooom volume!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 28, 2012 9:37 AM
Offline
Jul 2018
564612

Tonari no Atashi. :3
Jun 28, 2012 9:44 AM
Offline
Mar 2011
25073
*7, *68,907 *,*68,907 Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo, 20th Anniversary Series Vol. 1


not a shock
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 22, 2012 10:55 PM
Offline
Dec 2011
201
compared to other seinen claymore rank is low on sales I guess. =[ my fav manga. y....
Sep 12, 2012 7:11 AM

Offline
Aug 2010
1286
Wow Kimi Ni Todoke has already sold 1.05 million copies! COOL!
Sep 15, 2012 4:21 AM

Offline
May 2011
479
WOW..should have checked this out sooner.
Sep 17, 2012 1:15 AM

Offline
Jan 2012
34
Snowical said:
The weekly manga and light novels rankings for June 11th - 17th

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

Manga
*1, 222,909 *,222,909 Chihayafuru, Vol. 17
*2, 172,046 *,172,046 Fairy Tail, Vol. 33
*3, *82,286 *,*82,286 Tonari no Atashi, Vol. 10
*4, *81,087 *,604,962 Bleach, Vol. 55
*5, *73,762 *,*73,762 Air Gear, Vol. 36
*6, *72,612 *,*72,612 Shura no Mon: Dai Ni Mon, Vol.6
*7, *68,907 *,*68,907 Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo, 20th Anniversary Series Vol. 1
*8, *64,059 *,399,210 Bakuman., Vol. 19
*9, *63,157 *,*63,157 Mashiro no Oto, Vol. 6
10, *57,673 *,*57,673 Area no Kishi , Vol. 31

11, *54,215 *,*54,215 Detective Conan, Vol. 76
12, *53,600 *,*53,600 Dear Boys Act III, Vol. 10
13, *52,683 *,170,075 Initial D: First Stage, Vol. 45
14, *51,776 *,279,483 Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Vol.39
15, *48,562 *,*98,062 7Seeds, Vol. 22
16, *45,380 *,*45,380 Fairy Tail Special Edition with DVD, Vol. 33
17, *43,016 *,*43,016 Ouke no Monshou, Vol. 57
18, *40,903 *,*40,903 Kimi no Iru Machi, Vol. 18
19, *40,564 *,*40,564 Taiyou no Ie,Vol. 6
20, *37,252 *,183,427 Claymore, Vol. 22

21, *36,708 *,190,209 Beelzebub, Vol. 16
22, *36,321 *,*36,321 Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, 31
23, *34,066 *,*75,149 Sankarea, Vol. 6
24, *33,837 *,519,459 Kuroshitsuji, Vol. 14
25, *33,147 *,*33,147 Shura no Mon Iden: Fudekage, Vol. 3
26, *31,692 *,*31,692 Gisèle Alain, Vol. 3
27, *30,844 3,024,596 One Piece, Vol. 66
28, *29,910 1,055,967 Kimi ni Todoke, Vol. 16
29, *27,474 *,357,665 Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, Vol. 15
30, *27,092 *,*57,867 BTOOOM!, Vol. 8

Light Novels
*1, 17,419 *40,417 Kagero Days - in a daze
*2, 11,433 *32,431 Heavy Object vol.6
*3, 10,380 194,993 Kotenbu Series vol.1 Hyouka
*4, 10,182 *63,279 Bleach: Spirits Are Forever With You vol.1
*5, *9,565 *56,581 Bleach: Spirits Are Forever With You vol.2
*6, *9,529 *25,740 Tenshi no 3P!
*7, *9,311 *30,119 Strike the Blood vol.4
*8, *9,000 120,096 Kotenbu Series vol.2
*9, *8,473 *22,708 Golden Time Side Story
10, *8,393 **8,393 Sekai no Subete wo Tsutsumu Koi

Source: Oricon Youtaiju



Know what I really don't care about the polls / ratings / ranks etc etc ..
Because the being one of the top .
should be here in our heart :D

So one piece ~ is still number one for me ! : )
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Yesterday

8 by puck27 »»
12 minutes ago

» Visual Novel 'ATRI: My Dear Moments' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Sep 23, 2022

26 by negatives »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

83 by LeonhartAugust »»
5 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 17

3 by malvarez1 »»
11 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

24 by malvarez1 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.
Sign Up Login