Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (18) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2012 1:40 PM

Jun 2008
Lol funny how history plays its tricks on England. Commentator also mentioned the Lampard no-goal back in the world cup and almost the exact same thing happened this time.

Anybody else think Carroll is way too aggressive?

Didn't see the sweden v france match, though I'm kind of disappointed france didn't do shit. If they had the right mindset I doubt they'd have lost. :/ But a through a through.
Jun 19, 2012 1:46 PM

Mar 2011
Lucky escape there for England. Ukraine played them out of the park, heh!

Bring on Italy? Nah! Forza Italia.
Jun 19, 2012 2:05 PM

Mar 2012
Ibra, class. England, luck. They play the refs and play boring football, hope they get thumped by Italy.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 19, 2012 2:06 PM

Oct 2010
If anyone has the England game statistics would you share them. Will be very interesting to see the possession stats.
Jun 19, 2012 2:10 PM

May 2008
Well England are through as are France though in a different order than I thought it would be. Ukraine played well but without Sheva they don't seem to have someone who will finish there nice build up play. As for Sweden they restored a little pride with that win over France and what a brilliant volley from ibra. Time for the 1/4 final predictions. Germany 2-0 Greece, Portugal 2-1 Czech, England 2-3 Italy and France 0-1 Spain.
Jun 19, 2012 2:10 PM

May 2012
I will do it with pleasure
shots on target : 8 - 1
shots off target : 6 - 3
possession (%) : 60 - 40 (worst stats - England obvi)

shots on target : 7 - 6
shots off target : 4 - 6
possession (%) : 48 - 52 (Sweden - England, tight game)

shots on target : 3 - 3
shots off target : 6 - 12
possession (%) : 42 - 58 (England - Ukraine)

Predictions for 1/4
Czech Republic - Portugal: 1-3
Germany - Greece: 2-0
Spain - France: 1-2
England - Italy: 1-2
TheWitcherJun 19, 2012 2:14 PM
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 19, 2012 2:21 PM

Oct 2010
42/58, better than I thought, I was thinking it was more like 70/30 to Ukraine. We seemed to barely have the ball.

As for the 1/4 final predictions.

Germany 4 - 0 Greece
Portugal 2 - 0 Czech Republic
England 1 - 1 Italy (England lose on pens)
Spain ? - ? France (Really can't predict this, I think France might surprise a few people against the champions)
Jun 19, 2012 2:21 PM

Jun 2008
Nabi123 said:
Well England are through as are France though in a different order than I thought it would be. Ukraine played well but without Sheva they don't seem to have someone who will finish there nice build up play. As for Sweden they restored a little pride with that win over France and what a brilliant volley from ibra. Time for the 1/4 final predictions. Germany 2-0 Greece, Portugal 2-1 Czech, England 2-3 Italy and France 0-1 Spain.
Pretty much the same for me in terms of who gets through: Germany, Portugal, and Spain. Unless they choke, which is possible. Not sure about the Italy v. England one, I'm pretty neutral on both teams.
Jun 19, 2012 2:39 PM

May 2008
Good tourney so far, no goalless draws in all 24 matches.
But what are byline referees doing, in today's Ukraine match it was the second time I saw one fuck up pretty bad. It's almost funny when they are staring intently from just few meters and yet not see the obvious. At least it was a missed offside this time so one could say two wrong decisions cancelled each other.

Jun 19, 2012 2:43 PM

Apr 2008
Zatoichi said:
The Three Lions are taking that European Trophy home.

Yeah baby. It's all on.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Jun 19, 2012 2:57 PM

Jun 2008
corbenic said:
Good tourney so far, no goalless draws in all 24 matches.
But what are byline referees doing, in today's Ukraine match it was the second time I saw one fuck up pretty bad. It's almost funny when they are staring intently from just few meters and yet not see the obvious. At least it was a missed offside this time so one could say two wrong decisions cancelled each other.
It did kind of mindfuck the Ukranians though. They probably don't believe it was an offside and that the official was bribed or something. You could see that coach jumping around after that, lol.
Jun 19, 2012 3:02 PM

May 2012
TheWitcher said:
want predictions: my predictions:
Group A: Russia, Poland
Group B: Netherlands, Germany
Group C: Croatia Spain (ye, I reckon Croatia)
Group D: France, Ukraine/Sweden

my predictions before the groups

well shit, except for Germany Spain and France, I guessed none
always happens and it was obvious that Germany Spain and France were going to pass anyway.
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 19, 2012 3:10 PM

Mar 2011
Quarter Final Predictions:

Germany 2 - 1 Greece
Portugal 1 - 1 Czech Republic (Portugal win on penalties)
England 0 - 0 Italy (England extra time winner)
Spain 3 - 2 France
Jun 19, 2012 3:12 PM

Jun 2008
I doubt any quarter final this championship will score more than 3 goals. I'm guessing some 1:0s, 2:1s, and 0:0s. I'm predicting the Portugal game will be the most likely to have more goals than the rest.
Jun 19, 2012 3:14 PM

Dec 2008
Germany beat Greece
Portugal beat Czech Republic
Italy beat England
Spain beat France

Spain beat Portugal
Germany beat Italy

Germany beat Spain

These are my predictions.
Jun 19, 2012 3:30 PM

Sep 2008
Cowabunga said:
Germany beat Greece
Italy beat England
Spain beat France

I'm gonna predict the total opposite. :D
Jun 19, 2012 3:34 PM

Mar 2012
Germany over Greece
Portugal over Czech Rep.
Italy over England
Spain over France

I expect all of them to be close and at least one of these will go to extra time, most likely Italy-England.
Jun 19, 2012 3:35 PM

Dec 2008
seishi-sama said:
Cowabunga said:
Germany beat Greece
Italy beat England
Spain beat France

I'm gonna predict the total opposite. :D

Greece and Czech Republic to advance? That's quite bold.
Jun 19, 2012 3:47 PM

Sep 2008
Cowabunga said:

Greece and Czech Republic to advance? That's quite bold.

Well, to be honest, I expect our predictions to be 50/50 true. But it's more fun to vote for the underdogs.
Jun 19, 2012 3:47 PM

May 2012
Cowabunga said:
Germany beat Greece
Italy beat England
Spain beat France

Spain beat Portugal
Germany beat Italy

Germany beat Spain

These are my predictions.
TravSavage said:
Germany over Greece
Portugal over Czech Rep.
Italy over England
Spain over France

I expect all of them to be close and at least one of these will go to extra time, most likely Italy-England.

thank you
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 19, 2012 3:48 PM

Mar 2012
Tachii said:
I doubt any quarter final this championship will score more than 3 goals. I'm guessing some 1:0s, 2:1s, and 0:0s. I'm predicting the Portugal game will be the most likely to have more goals than the rest.

Agree with all of this. No one has looked especially dangerous yet, but Portugal and Czech tend to be in more open matches.
LoneWolf said:
Jun 19, 2012 4:26 PM

May 2012
anybody else kinda disappointed with this tournament so far?
Netherlands was disappointing, Russia was disappointing, Ukraine was disappointing, France was disappointing, Spain was a big disappointment as well, Italy also didn't meet my expectations and overall I haven't seen yet a team that would be something really, but really special, everything's random

All my hopes go now towards Brazil 2014, they play wonderful at the moment.
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 19, 2012 4:32 PM

Jun 2008
As a neutral spectator, I'm fine with this tournament. If anything it was a bit more exciting.

I think the group qualifying matches in total had been one of the most high scoring qualifers in the history of this championship, if not the most.

I also don't think Spain was a "big" disappointment. In the world cup they lost their first match with Switzerland, if memory serves me. In this one they first tied, then just blitzed Ireland with 4:0. So in comparison, definitely not. If anything I'm kind of disappointed David Villa have to sit out because of an injury, but not the way they've been playing.

It just seems you're way too negative toward anything in this cup. There's no need to be that pessimistic, really. Just enjoy the game.
Jun 19, 2012 4:32 PM

Oct 2010
I think that this Euro tournament is pretty great. We saw almost everything - class football and unexpected turn outs (Russia's drop from the first 8). The teams I chear for are Germany, France, England, and Italy, but what makes me watch events like that are goals like the one Zlatan Ibrahimovich scored against France - A masterpiece.
Jun 19, 2012 4:48 PM

May 2008
Not disappointed at all really. So far it's been quite good. I would rather have the tourney as it as been with close matches and any team being able to beat any team rather than just one or two teams blitzing the rest.
Jun 19, 2012 5:12 PM

Mar 2012
Would convert if there was such thing as the religion of Zlatan Ibrahimovich.
LoneWolf said:
Jun 19, 2012 5:16 PM

May 2012
Post-Josh said:

agreed, completely. He is now my favourite player from nowadays football, I'd rather him than Messi. That moment when he drank Hart's water and how he doesn't dive and everything about him is way too badass.
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 19, 2012 5:22 PM

Mar 2012
TheWitcher said:
Post-Josh said:

agreed, completely. He is now my favourite player from nowadays football, I'd rather him than Messi. That moment when he drank Hart's water and how he doesn't dive and everything about him is way too badass.

Did not know about that Hart thing, hilarious. But yeah agreed, when anyone else would dive he's like "get the fuck off me, I'm going through". I'll take him and Messi as my striking duo.

Loved the fans who had a flag of Ibra as the hulk.
LoneWolf said:
Jun 19, 2012 5:32 PM

May 2012
Post-Josh said:
TheWitcher said:
Post-Josh said:

Did not know about that Hart thing, hilarious. But yeah agreed, when anyone else would dive he's like "get the fuck off me, I'm going through". I'll take him and Messi as my striking duo.

Loved the fans who had a flag of Ibra as the hulk.

a small compilation of this awesome person

Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 19, 2012 5:36 PM

Jun 2008
Lol I just saw some of Ibra's highlights from 1999-2011.

That last goal was pure win.

When I was a kid I always wondered what'll be like if martial artists played sports instead of fighting. Well I did saw Shaolin Soccer but, they'd be so awesome in some sports.
Jun 19, 2012 6:06 PM

Apr 2008
Zlatan just reeks of Awesomeness.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Jun 19, 2012 6:31 PM

May 2012
so while at it, we are not going to have matches today/tomorrow (depends on where you live) so why not post yt videos with your favourite players anyway, if you don't mind. if you mind I'll delete the comment
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 19, 2012 6:50 PM

Jun 2008
Man, I was late for the Champion's League thread and don't want to necro it.

But damn, Chelsea. They had one hell of a run this year overcoming Napoli and Barcelona.
Jun 19, 2012 11:04 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
Damn it guys...Germany has such a tough path to get to the semi-finals, I'm kind of nervous.

Wait a second...They're playing Greece! That's the semis right there easy

Heil Deutschland
Jun 19, 2012 11:55 PM
Jul 2011
My predictions for the upcoming games:

Czech vs Portugal: Portugal win 1-0 or they tie and Portugal advances by pk's.

Germany vs Greece: Germany 2-0.

Spain vs France: Spain 1-0.

England vs Italy: I think Italy in pk's.
Jun 20, 2012 2:45 AM

Jun 2009
The group phase is finally over, now the real tournament starts. Looking forward to it.
Jun 20, 2012 10:08 AM
Mar 2012
Stupid English and the blind referee, Ukraine deserved to play in the knock out phase, also what a shot by Ibra, I think he at least showed who's boss there.

Knock-out phase starts tomorrow, Will be pretty exciting, predicting:
Czech - Portugal 0-2, Czech are good, but without Rosciky they are going to lose.
Germany - Greece 1-0, somehow I think the Greece are going to play good, but then get countered and Germany is going to defend like a wall.
Spain - France 1-1 (Spain wins in PK's) Spain is good, but with that Barca style, they are just not good enough to easily win a match, hope Torres gets to play again.
England - Italy 0-1, Wow, even with Rooney back they still somewhat suck, Yes, they finished first, but they were equal if not worse in the game against Ukraine yesterday.

Also small update: Van Bommel apparently doesn't want to do anything with the Dutch national team any more, not too surprising after his poor leadership as captain.
Jun 20, 2012 10:33 AM

Mar 2012
Agreed about Spain's play. They need a ruthless and consistent finisher (ie. Messi on Barca), and they just haven't found one yet. That said, they are still my favourites. All it takes is one striker to find form and Spain have the potential to start putting goals away like nothin'.
LoneWolf said:
Jun 20, 2012 10:02 PM

Sep 2009
Really excited now that group phase is over. I'm pulling for the Czechs tomorrow. No particular reason, I just like to see underdogs win rather than traditional powers. I'm sure it'll be Spain vs Germany in the final probably :D
not a job creator

Jun 21, 2012 12:24 AM
Dec 2011
Joe00123 said:
Really excited now that group phase is over. I'm pulling for the Czechs tomorrow. No particular reason, I just like to see underdogs win rather than traditional powers. I'm sure it'll be Spain vs Germany in the final probably :D

Portugal isn't exactly a "traditional power" considering they have yet to win their first Euro or world cup. They're more like a small county that punches well above their weight in football/soccer (kinda like Uruguay but to a lesser extent).
Most people didn't even expect them to advance past the group stages (myself included) and yet I've been impressed by all 3 of their games! They had double the amount of shots on goal than all 3 of the teams they faced despite less possession in all 3 games.
Having watched England, Spain, Italy and Greece play, I think Portugal should defeat any one of those teams this year. We'll see how the Czech Rep game goes.... maybe I'll be eating my words later xD

That said, it still looks like Germany will win Euro 2012 to me ;)
Jun 21, 2012 2:29 AM

Jun 2012
I really see Germany taking it all this year. They may have a tough path, but they play with a sort of resilience that I don't think can be matched. Well, maybe the Spaniards could, but even that may be a long shot. Go Deutschland!
Jun 21, 2012 5:21 AM

Dec 2010
Germany~ <3
Jun 21, 2012 7:51 AM

Dec 2010
In the 4 days since I bothered checking, this thread has gone just about as expected.
Jun 21, 2012 11:23 AM

Mar 2012
Jack_Rav said:
In the 4 days since I bothered checking, this thread has gone just about as expected.

What does that mean? Haha.
LoneWolf said:
Jun 21, 2012 12:29 PM
Mar 2012
The Czech are playing surprisingly without Rosciky, also lawl at the two yellow cards, Portugese hasty? and the injury of Postiga, too bad, but I am rooting for the Czech Republic.

Edit: Honest is honest, that was a great goal, C.Ronaldo might be a diver, a drama queen, but at least he does score, unlike others *cough* van Persie *cough*
KarpmanJun 21, 2012 1:23 PM
Jun 21, 2012 12:35 PM

May 2012
I will be supporting Portugal, but I hate, I detest their aggressive style football. One of the dirtiest football national teams
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 21, 2012 12:39 PM
Dec 2011
Portugal in the first half only began looking good near the end. Czech republic was definitely outplaying Portugal in the first 20 minutes howr!
Ronaldo's attitude pisses me off though! You have one great game and you think you're God again?
Jun 21, 2012 1:39 PM

Mar 2012
Great goal from C. Ronaldo, but Portugal should have scored more honestly and it wasn't all that great of a game. Cech was fantastic for the Czechs.
Jun 21, 2012 1:43 PM

May 2012
Good job, Portugal. Nice play
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 21, 2012 1:47 PM
Dec 2011
What was the final shot tally? 22 to 3?

Really, that style of defensive play (also looking at you Greece) makes for incredibly boring games! If it weren't for Portugal's pressure during the second half, this would've put me to sleep!

edit:
20-2 shots 5-0 on goal...
Portugal vs Spain/France should be good, but at this point I predict Portugal - Germany final with Germany winning it all.
Pro5_0nrJun 21, 2012 2:13 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (18) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.