Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2008 1:34 PM

Jul 2008
I'm so disappointed with this show that I'm not even going to go into detail about it. 2/5
Sep 27, 2008 1:38 PM

May 2008
Fairly predictable ending, but still enjoyable to me. The fighting scenes with the songs over top was very nice.

Hope the movie turns out well.
Sep 27, 2008 1:57 PM

Jan 2007
wow, they really let loose the cheese this episode. but it was made up by the awesome space battle. overall get an 8.
Sep 27, 2008 2:01 PM

Jul 2008
nineth_eden said:
Fairly predictable ending, but still enjoyable to me. The fighting scenes with the songs over top was very nice.

Hope the movie turns out well.

Yeah the music is cool! The best choreography with music and battles I have seen so far.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 27, 2008 2:23 PM

Aug 2008
sakuko said:
I'm so disappointed with this show that I'm not even going to go into detail about it. 2/5

Same here. And it had such a nice start too. Way to go trainwreck on us.
Sep 27, 2008 2:27 PM

Jul 2008
Tekky99 said:
I couldn't think of a more perfect ending. A return to what made Macross Frontier great
amazing music + epic battle scenes.
In that final assault on Grace, I was nearly crying from just how beautiful that scene was
I almost want to give the entire show a 10 because of that finale.

I do suspect that the movie will resolve the love triangle, and I'm saddened by that.
W/ this ending, at least fans of one side won't be upset that alto picked the other.

DON'T CHANGE THIS ENDING!! IT WAS THE MOST EPIC FINALE I'VE EVER SEEN!!!
=_)

DO CHANGE THE ENDING....WE WANT VAJRAS ELIMINATED!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 27, 2008 2:35 PM

Mar 2008
The first 23 minutes: This is awesome!
The last minute: UGH! What the hell!?

The movie better resolve the triangle or else.

Anyways, Macross F gets an 8/10 for me. In Macross, the original is still the best with this following behind.
Sep 27, 2008 2:46 PM
Mar 2008
cool battle .. but ... c'mon ... with this kind of ending ... michel no need to die ... HEY I GOT AN IDEA ... LET'S REVIVE MICHEL IN THE MOVIE BY TELLING THAT WHEN HE WAS PULLED OUT BY GRAVITY ... HE WAS ACTUALLY SAVED BY A FRIENDLY VAJRA ... LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ...

YEAH WHY NOT ... THIS IS ALREADY A WACKY SERIES WITH ALL THE TURNS AND OUT ...

Why in the end Ranka have to be like an angel with all the (looks) kindly heart and a nice looking ... c'mon ... she is a queen ... and I still have question ... what is the relation between vajra and minmei??

I REALLY HATE THIS SERIES ... Although I really love the battles ... T_T why they have to write this anime into junk with all those awesome battles ...

For anyone who compare this series with gundam OO ... LOL Gundam OO is too much better than this. This series suck just like Gundam SEED .. and please don't tell me that I do not know Gundam, I know Gundam from the era of Amuro Ray and I know Macross since the era of Hikaru and Minmei ...

In the end, there are no modern anime can beat the real classic anime ... GOD I miss the good old time ... but well, I don't have a time machine .. so I guess I'll get over this quickly and start to look for other anime to clean my brain ... ... ...
Sep 27, 2008 2:57 PM

Jan 2008
The battle scenes in this one were awesome and the variety of songs really made it a good watch. The ending was a little too open ended and predictable but sometimes simplicity is better than dramatic twists. I think they made the right call even though not resolving the love triangle is quite frustrating; the show's focus wasn't so much who will end up with who anyway. looking forward to movie.
Sep 27, 2008 3:50 PM

Dec 2007
angel999 said:
Tekky99 said:
I couldn't think of a more perfect ending. A return to what made Macross Frontier great
In that final assault on Grace, I was nearly crying from just how beautiful that scene was

I do suspect that the movie will resolve the love triangle, and I'm saddened by that.
W/ this ending, at least fans of one side won't be upset that alto picked the other.

=_)

in the end wasn't it made clear that all this hell was grace and leon's doing?

In Starcraft, you can try to kill all the zerg, or you can take out the overmind and end the battle w/ the zerg on your side.
I support allied finale then ethnic cleansing
Sep 27, 2008 4:00 PM

Apr 2008

Sep 27, 2008 4:04 PM

Dec 2007
0/10 it sucks JUST BECAUSE IT DIDN'T END THE WAY I WANTED IT TO.

gcSep 27, 2008 4:10 PM
Sep 27, 2008 4:23 PM

Mar 2008
Great series hope the movie brings more closure or there will be a S2.
Sep 27, 2008 4:42 PM

Nov 2007
noone really died but grace and galaxy. not that I wanted a bloodbath but Michel was like the only noteworthy death. glad Klan made it though. looks like alto wants some 3 ways or maybe 4 ways with the sky since that is his true love.
Sep 27, 2008 5:28 PM

Apr 2008
mystik said:
noone really died but grace and galaxy....

what are you talking about?
shit load of soldiers died!
are you saying their lives don't matter, because they're minor characters?

Sep 27, 2008 5:41 PM

Mar 2008
At about 20 minutes Alto looked as if he was going Kira Mode when he aimed all the missiles at the abdomen.
Sep 27, 2008 5:56 PM

Nov 2007
Lots of shit blowing up this episode, which was good fun, but in the end I still feel disappointed.

Overall a decent show, but I really don't think they had enough plot for 25 episodes. Gave Frontier a 7/10.
Sep 28, 2008 2:53 AM

Jul 2008
Tekky99 said:
angel999 said:
Tekky99 said:

=_)

in the end wasn't it made clear that all this hell was grace and leon's doing?

In Starcraft, you can try to kill all the zerg, or you can take out the overmind and end the battle w/ the zerg on your side.
I support allied finale then ethnic cleansing

Normally I wouldn't post on anything, BUT, i have to advocate the peacefuller conclusion that Tekky proposed. As if it weren't for an allied ending in the first Macross there'd be no zentradi living with humans and that means no sequels, and most importantly NO RANKA-CHAN ((she's 1/4 zentradi)!!That would be sad, because Ranka is awesome. The KI~RA* must live on!!!!
Sep 28, 2008 3:50 AM

Mar 2008
Watching this episode is like an orgasm for me. I don't care about the triangle now. They can solve it later, in a distant story. Now, Frontier is safe, and they have found a planet. End of story.

To achieve a victory, sometimes something as petty as love rivalries must be set aside, and they did so, epicly.

And I was laughing my ass, I can finally shove this in Angel's face (yes, I am talking to you, Angel999): the Vajras aren't inherently evil. Grace and co. was taking advantage and stuff. They, like Ranka, is so darned manipulated you feel sorry for the critters. That and they redeemed themselves by sacrificing lots of them to protect Island 1. They killed many, and killed the one person we love (RIP, Michel), but they saved many, many more, as if to redeem themselves. I knew something was wrong when the Vajra didn't respond to Ranka's song.

dontthinklive said:
The KI~RA* must live on!!!!

QFT, Ranka all the way. KIRAH! ^_~
Sep 28, 2008 6:02 AM

Mar 2008
Well, nice battle finale, story could have used just a tad more closure but i'm satisfied enough.

8/10 for the entire series

MAL list updates
Sep 28, 2008 6:06 AM

Jun 2008
caboose_ftw said:
mystik said:

Yes o.o

However, nice action, stupid plot. That complete happy ending was really lame...
Sep 28, 2008 6:51 AM

Jul 2008
Principe said:
caboose_ftw said:
mystik said:

Yes o.o

However, nice action, stupid plot. That complete happy ending was really lame...

Perhaps due labeling as anime this is not so BUT in real life I wonder if you would say the same thing to USA being slaughtered in Iraq cause frankly speaking I LOL at how stupid they are but HOW MACROSS FRONTIER shows TRUE JUSTICE--------->WE ALL FIGHTING TO SURVIVE! Is any life not worth FOR THIS GOAL???????
Sep 28, 2008 7:54 AM

Jul 2008
I actually quite liked the ending. Of course it was sappy and all, but the whole plot was already kind of sad so the happy ending fit. However, the finale seemed kinda rushed.

Only thing bugging me is Alto. It wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be gay...
Sep 28, 2008 8:26 AM

Mar 2008
kaminakun said:
yeah definitely seem like she moved the bacteria eh?

but transfering it to the womb would really solve the problem?

Well, Ranka was born with that bacteria in her body and she haven´t had any problems at all yet. So i seems that it will only effect the person if the bacterie is not in their womb.

angel999 said:
AH WTF? Happy ending? I AM SERIOUSLY CONFUSED BY THINGS ENDED LIKE THAT? There is nothing that shows exactly what happened to make the Vajras suddenly shift. Ok I do get the whole network being taken back by Ranka with the help of Sheryl cause Ranka transfered the virus into the intestines part and yeah it includes part of the womb.

If you look at the episode again then you will see that Ranka explains why after she is rescued by Alto.

angel999 said:
Sheryl almost dies but since Ranka become Miracle Good Girl..well things turn out great.

I don´t see how Ranka become a "Miracle good girl".....

everyone with the Vajra bacteria in them is a part of the Vajra network, since Sheryl have that Ranka is able to connect to her and help her. And since Alto is wearing the earing that Sheryl gives him with the Vajra crystal in it he is also able to connect to Ranka and Shery.

angel999 said:
I pick Sheryl because of the image.......anyone want to be A PEDO??? NOT ME! Ranka=loli just like Klan in miclone. So if people saw me with Sheryl they would see more positive then with Ranka.

So, you are one of those who would throw away your friends if the society doesn´t find them "normal"?

I´m truly glad to not be among your friends....

And i believe that Ranka is around 2 years younger than Alto, nothing more.

pendragon said:
alto did choose --- sheryl
(kawamori had to keep rankaxalto fans for future installments, some say its an evil marketing plan.)
some birdie brought up the fact that alto saluting sheryl was reflective of original macross' love. of course, im not that hardcore so i didnt notice. but when you think about it, it really makes sense.
plus, alto still has to tell sheryl what he didnt get to tell her befor the big battle, so that might be in the movie

I would love to know how you managed to get that idea. The last 3-4 episodes have only been hinting that he actually love Ranka and not Sheryl. The only reason he stay with Sheryl is that she told him that she was going to die from her illness.

And you do get a hint of what he is going to say when Sheryl tells him to not say a word until the battle is over or else she won´t be able to sing.

But, hopefully we will get a closure on the triangle in the movie, and hear what he was going to say to Sheryl.

angel999 said:

Correction, YOU want the Vajra eliminated.

Sep 28, 2008 8:34 AM

Jul 2008
seelentor said:
I actually quite liked the ending. Of course it was sappy and all, but the whole plot was already kind of sad so the happy ending fit. However, the finale seemed kinda rushed.

Only thing bugging me is Alto. It wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be gay...

Gay!? O_O no no no! NEVER! YOU MAKE ME HAVE WEIRD THOUGHTS.
Sep 28, 2008 9:23 AM

Jun 2008
Absolute favorite part was Macross 11 and Earth making their appearances, along with Lynn Minmay's picture <3. Great ending, I love how the love triangle "DOESN'T" get resolved. It doesn't alienate anyone who had hopes for one or the other.
Sep 28, 2008 11:10 AM

Mar 2008
angel999 said:
seelentor said:

He's gay for Michel, or Ozma.

That or Bobby will make him a true gay.
Sep 28, 2008 11:16 AM

Jul 2008
LAH-Foton said:
angel999 said:
seelentor said:

Euh??? No way, he appreciates them but he not sexually. Certainly not! So you think that he chose the Sky cause he IS GAY and the fact they do not want fans to know???

No way and the movie will prove all that wrong but if not then *going berserk.....sniper rifle ready......time for Alto to be punished!*
Sep 28, 2008 11:53 AM

Apr 2008
Did anybody notice Grace smirked right before she "died"? I expect a sequel....with Grace coming back and being antagonist again because doesn't she have like tons of bodies? Maybe that was just one of them....
Sep 28, 2008 2:11 PM

Mar 2008
angel999 said:
LAH-Foton said:
angel999 said:
seelentor said:

Euh??? No way, he appreciates them but he not sexually. Certainly not! So you think that he chose the Sky cause he IS GAY and the fact they do not want fans to know???

No way and the movie will prove all that wrong but if not then *going berserk.....sniper rifle ready......time for Alto to be punished!*

Face it, that's the truth.
Sep 28, 2008 2:47 PM

Jan 2008
Okay, well, it was a Great episode. It's nowhere near an ending though, but don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this show to the max!

big instruments, way too much firepower, even music; but a tad rushed.

Everything i wanted to see in the last episode was there, even nanase-chan eye opened :D

pendragon said:
angel999 said:
Where the HEll did you see it????? I can't even download it.

go to youtube

*Wyvr Shivers*

~de Arimasu
Sep 28, 2008 3:12 PM

Jul 2008
I WANTED TO ADD A FEW THINGS AFTER THE SUBS:

First is that I CONFIRMED LYNN MIN MAI PICTURE. I assume Richard is not his real name. FOLKS THE TRUTH: RICHARD IS NO OTHER THAN ONE OF THE MAIN COMMANDERS OF THE ZELTRADI FORCES THAT WERE PRESENT IN THE LAST BATTLE OF MACROSS FORTRESS. He was most likely affected by Lynn Min Mai's first song attack and emulation of Protoculture.

SECOND LYNN MIN MAI'S MESSAGE TO ALL: Love each other (without conditions) and reproduce to COVER ALL THE GALAXY WITH EVERY RACE AND POSSIBILITY. What beautiful message THIS IS THAT I FOUND OUT. I FINALLY UNDERSTAND LYNN MIN MAI.

THIRD: PUBLIC APOLOGY TO RANKA AND BRERA. I AM SORRY THAT I HAD SUCH FEELINGS DUE TO BOTH OF YOU WHILE YOU WERE BEING CONTROLLED. RANKA BY BRERA AND LEON......BRERA BY GRACE. KOMENASAI, KOMENESAI, KOMENESAI. I JUST HOPE THINGS CAN BE LIKE THOSE AT END OF THIS SERIES BUT REALITY SUCKS MORE.

I will not take my comments back because I think my attitude was right at that time and my feelings but HOW CAN NOT BE DIFFERENT WHEN RANKA SAVED SHERYL!!!!!?????

DAMN IT IF ONLY I KNEW THE CONTROL WAS THIS DIRTY! ONCE AGAIN SORRY and PEACE WITH ALL. LET US TRY TO UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER MORE.

BTW BOB IS NOT GAY-----> In this pic he has two girls clinging to him so he might be straight again! BEST PIC OF NUNS!

Sep 28, 2008 4:23 PM

Feb 2008
I enjoyed this a lot more than Geass' ending. I'll say that.

Very good.
Sep 28, 2008 5:26 PM

Mar 2008
lol BOB is not gay...that is just the best news I can get ;D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2008 5:28 PM

Jul 2008
kaminakun said:

He might have converted....so who knows.

LAH-Foton said:
angel999 said:
kaminakun said:

Don't you know? Girls dig gay guys since they know he won't hit on them. Plus, a flamboyantly gay guy has a close taste with girls (cf. the shoppingfest episode).

Yeah but that is a fat low stereotyping. One of the girls could still admire+they did admire him during his fighting since I recall pretty well he is AMAZNG AT MANEUVERING the 400m Class.
angel999Sep 28, 2008 6:20 PM
Sep 28, 2008 6:07 PM

Mar 2008
angel999 said:
kaminakun said:

Don't you know? Girls dig gay guys since they know he won't hit on them. Plus, a flamboyantly gay guy has a close taste with girls (cf. the shoppingfest episode).
Sep 28, 2008 9:21 PM
May 2008
where are you guys getting word that theres a movie? it's probably just going to be a condensed version of the series like usual.

uhm Bobby's way gay there were a couple references to it earlier in the series. I remember him flirting with Ozma. Bobby is just another one of the girls and thats why hes with them in the picture.

although if cathy is the claudia to ozma's roy focker that means Bobby is the Misa Hayase to Alto's Hikaru. That's something for everyone to think about.

So angel999 do you hit caps lock or just hold shift the entire time you're typing?

Sep 28, 2008 9:55 PM

Jul 2008
hatebobbarker said:
where are you guys getting word that theres a movie? it's probably just going to be a condensed version of the series like usual.

uhm Bobby's way gay there were a couple references to it earlier in the series. I remember him flirting with Ozma. Bobby is just another one of the girls and thats why hes with them in the picture.

although if cathy is the claudia to ozma's roy focker that means Bobby is the Misa Hayase to Alto's Hikaru. That's something for everyone to think about.

So angel999 do you hit caps lock or just hold shift the entire time you're typing?

Just very emotional and happy at the same time to have found out things.
Sep 28, 2008 10:30 PM

May 2008
Nice Wrap-Up

I Loved the Song Medley
Sep 29, 2008 5:45 AM
Sep 2008
Great Series!

I could have imagined it doing a 50 episode set.
Still, great all the way through
Animation, Characters, Story, Music was a solid setup.

Ranka did have some use..ha jokes aside
Fly Alto, Fly!
Sep 29, 2008 6:02 AM

Apr 2008
once again...another triangle story that went nowhere.
"i won't lose to you!"

bullshit...

why did i watch this show? seriously. we're standing at exact same place as when we started!

well...minus Grace and War, but who cares about war?
Sheryl please!

Sep 29, 2008 11:33 AM

Jun 2007
Well i liked it but there was no conclusion, except for Grace lol

Somehow glad that Alto picked the sky xD But at the end they were still the teenagers with their love triangle -_-
caboose_ftw said:
we're standing at exact same place as when we started!

anyways 8/10 cause i enjoyed it n_n
Sep 29, 2008 3:07 PM

Aug 2008
Not my fav show of the past 2 seasons, but a good one. The ending had a bit too much singing and happiness for me, but can't blame it for staying true to the series.

I'll take two positives from all this:
-Grace is dead & Leon is probably getting violated in space jail right now
-Its a happy ending that doesn't leave me confused or depressed, and I'll take that anytime (everyone's suffered from "Anime Ending Sickness", you know, the simultaneous feeling that an ending f*cked up your day & your mind)

definitely would like to see a sequel, and hope the movie isn't a terribly condensed form of the series *ugh!*
Sep 29, 2008 5:40 PM
Feb 2008
Worst...ending...ever? No not that bad, but poor. I'm not surprised I'm disappointed, the show from start to end was hit and miss; for every great episode there were two mediocre ones to follow. Having said that the final battle was impressive, if only for the animation although, really it didn't touch original SDF Macross for sheer emotional intensity, but then two shows simply can't compare imo.

In short I'm hoping the movie will tie up the many loose ends here, the love triangle being number one! That was just a kick in the teeth (Alto choosing the sky over the two? Rubbish!).

DonKangolJones said:
hope the movie isn't a terribly condensed form of the series *ugh!*

If it is, count me out.

Sep 30, 2008 8:35 PM

Oct 2007
One of the best animated mecha fight scenes I have ever seen. however the love triangle was severely lacking. Otherwise pretty good finale and even better if movie is a continuation.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Sep 30, 2008 11:49 PM

Jul 2008

Hahah, thanks for the support LAH-Foton, and also... thanks for your understanding angel999 in your earlier thread! Though, now the topic has regressed to Bobby's sexuality, let us indeed have more good conversations in the future!! For the time being, I'll leave everyone with something that has been graphically missing in this thread!

KI~RA*!

Oct 1, 2008 12:22 AM

Jul 2008
dontthinklive said:

Hahah, thanks for the support LAH-Foton, and also... thanks for your understanding angel999 in your earlier thread! Though, now the topic has regressed to Bobby's sexuality, let us indeed have more good conversations in the future!! For the time being, I'll leave everyone with something that has been graphically missing in this thread!

KI~RA*!

Glad you liked some theories of mine but I think I got somethings more or less right including the whole BIG QUESTION of Lynn Min Mai and the picture BTW love the way the drew her in that pic that Richard is holding.
LOVE THE RANKA PICTURE! I still cannot believe how even I GOT FOOLED by Grace's mind fucking! I AM HAPPY that the BITCH is dead in the end.....you think she has more bodies????? Come to think of it IS SHE NOT SOMEWHERE IN THE NETWORK????
Oct 1, 2008 4:51 AM

Mar 2008

Bobby is canonically stated to be gay, end of story.

Heh, Angel's gotten better nao, but the caps is still driving people away from this thread, XD

dontthinklive said:

KI~RA*!

KIRAH! ^_~
Oct 1, 2008 10:19 AM

Dec 2007
really awesome anime... its really good.. cant describe how i felt when i saw the last episode..i
Oct 1, 2008 10:38 AM

Aug 2007
Ok i enjoyed the episode with the GG subs... That means i was laughing my ass out double the time i would.

Dogfights are Epic but all the Vajra thingy is too cliché. You fight them 24 Episodes and then they turn to your side is just like...
Singing was decent... Ok Good since they sang every song i remember listening to.
The rest was kinda boring/hilarious/ridiculous imho but hey i kept 90% of the episode laughing :P

Overall i give Macross a 6.5555556/10 (thats a 7 'case we hve no decimals in MAL yeat :<) mainly because of the music and the good action, if not i would give it a 6 or even a 5.

Although i enjoyed the references to the other Macrosses i was seriously dissapointed at too many times in this one.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Apr 24, 2008

61 by ManuelFragment »»
May 6, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.