Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 27, 2012 9:30 PM

Jul 2008
That moment when you watch the MC running toward a landmine and you are laughing your ass off.
May 27, 2012 9:35 PM

Jul 2009
I found this episode surprisingly funny. I don't even know why, maybe because I was in a laughable mood. Nonetheless, though it's a simple episode, I found it incredibly enjoyable. I guess I'm enjoying the relationship between Chitanda and Oreki. Oreki is the pillar, and Chitanda is the person who ever so often tries to knock the pillar off its 'feet'.
May 27, 2012 9:37 PM

Dec 2011
The mystery today was too easy. I figured it out by the time they explained the class names.

Though, I love the part where Oreki's body is full of mini-Chitanda angels.
Also, when Chitanda told everyone that getting angry is tiring,
Oreki said he found
Ahahaha, cannot get enough of Chitanda's pushover attitude to Oreki.
FijiMay 27, 2012 9:47 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2012 9:57 PM

Dec 2010
Kinda getting boring but Chitanda's moeness ceases to tire me.

May 27, 2012 10:23 PM

Nov 2008
Houtarou when are you going to man up and ask her out?

I'm interested, what was he reading?

ClementIVMay 27, 2012 10:27 PM
May 27, 2012 10:26 PM

Mar 2011
The trivial mystery is not as good as the previous eps, but it was very enjoyable
Lol, poor Oreki trolled by Chitanda ;)
Firixizu_MintMay 28, 2012 12:01 AM
May 27, 2012 10:45 PM

Dec 2009
wow i HATE chitanda. i may have to drop it just because of her. this episode was pointless. whine whine whine omg shut up. just when it looked like it would get good, too. waste of flawless art, tbh.

K R I S S
leo | usa | istp
dystopias, bright colors, unique animation

May 27, 2012 11:10 PM

Jul 2010
I really enjoyed the argument and the discussion on the Seven Deadly sins in the beginning of the episode, lots of good character interactions and development too. But like most people I found the mystery to be a little too trivial this time, though Houtarou's breakdown of the mystery was very enjoyable as always.

However, I really hope that an interesting overarching plot develops soon. I feel like the animation, characters and music are all top notch but the fact that there's no overarching plot keeps this show from entering "masterpiece" territory. There's still plenty of time to introduce something (maybe there are more secrets to be revealed about Sekitani Jun and Hyouka) but I do hope they bring it up soon, I don't want this series to end up a disappointment.
May 27, 2012 11:23 PM

Jun 2010
This episode was entertaining indeed but nothing special. 3/5 I guess.
But I enjoy the cuteness of Chitanda and how she convinced Oreki.
As for the start with Ibarra being mad, I'm a bit surprise, but not so much because I was expecting it. I read the novel.
LOL
May 27, 2012 11:24 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was meh too me. Felt really boring, but it talked about the 7 Sins and such, Oreki being the sloth hue hue. Chitanda is cute as always.

Next episode looks like a bath place, maybe a mystery about a ghost. Inb4 fan service in the next episode and watch people complain.
May 27, 2012 11:38 PM

Nov 2010
LOL @ people that still expecting mystery from Hyouka.

Hyouka is a story about adolescence, and mostly slice of life. Get your expectation right before watching Hyouka, since you can only expect average to great "mystery" from main story arcs. Mystery is a plot device for Hyouka, not the main theme.

I'm not disappointed with this episode since I laughed pretty hard in this episode, not something that I often do even in comedy anime.Anyway, the main purpose for this episode is moar character exploring and development, afterall. Also change of pace.
May 27, 2012 11:46 PM

Aug 2008
Not bad an episode. And not so great.

I didn't think that he can mix up A and D that way, Oreki is smart whether it's the truth or not.
I think this is how this show plays, coming up with reasonable reasons that can convince Eru-chan regardless of the fact.

It's trivial though, but I actually find the equation easier to plot with domain specified.
May 28, 2012 12:03 AM

Mar 2011
zeroyuki92 said:

Hyouka is a story about adolescence, and mostly slice of life. Get your expectation right before watching Hyouka, since you can only expect average to great "mystery" from main story arcs. Mystery is a plot device for Hyouka, not the main theme.

You're right for now
May 28, 2012 12:33 AM

Oct 2011
I really enjoy watching Hyouka even though there isn't anything special about this show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2012 1:43 AM

Mar 2012
Kind of a slow episode, but it was still really entertaining. I loved seeing the way they all pick on each other now that they're becoming better friends c:
May 28, 2012 2:00 AM

May 2012
zeroyuki92 said:

Then "lol" on you too.
May 28, 2012 2:45 AM

Aug 2011
This episode was super-retarded.

It's all about how Chitanda didn't know why she was mad.

Who the fuck doesn't know why they were mad at something? (Unless quite some time has passed since then, which obviously wasn't the case.)

Chitanda's pushiness is extremely annoying. She's pretty damn selfish: she doesn't care about troubling anyone else--just sating her own curiosity. And most of the time, its curiosity about completely inane and trivial matters. (The matter with her uncle being the only exception.)

Dumb show is dumb.
May 28, 2012 2:52 AM

Oct 2011
zeroyuki92 said:

So there are some RIGHT expectations :D since when?
I was expecting mystery show and it fails at this.
In returns it gives a decent SoL story about one guy who is lazy but hides it under some philosophy - at least he starts to be more active, that's nice.

Not that i was expecting too much from it (since it's KyoAni)
May 28, 2012 3:19 AM

Jan 2012
That discussion was pretty interesting, however this episodes mystery wasn't so special. Anyway, Oreki helped Chitanda with her anger mystery.

May 28, 2012 3:55 AM

Jun 2010
Too much MOE omygod, Im dying....

Romance, romance?! Im sure I felt some romance there.

The Mystery isn't finished yet!

Btw the best part for me is that little Chitanda's. <333
-MgZ_May 28, 2012 4:14 AM
May 28, 2012 3:55 AM
Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
Next episode: The case of the missing box of cookies that Chitanda left in the clubroom at the end of the episode!
Nah. Next episode is going to be: Why did a woman enter the bath twice at the onsen?... and why did Chitanda dream about a cow?
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 28, 2012 4:09 AM

May 2010
Lol,all those "Kininarimasu" angels.,.
May 28, 2012 5:27 AM

Sep 2011
i can't believe no one gif-ed this yet asdfghjkl NANDE SO PRECIOUSSSS HOUTAROU KONO YARO ;A; <333

"Oh, hora! okoreta :o" ASDFGHJKLHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG
May 28, 2012 6:24 AM

Jul 2008
DraconisMarch said:

Who the fuck doesn't know why they were mad at something? (Unless quite some time has passed since then, which obviously wasn't the case.)

Anger is a feeling and just like any other feeling, it can be hard to understand and put into word. If I ask you why you like something I do not expect you to give me logical reason where the obvious outcome will be that you like it. The same goes for anger, even though sometime it's obvious, sometime it's the result of a lot of factor your brain can't process into a logical procedure.
Try to toroughly analyze all your feeling and their cause, most of the time you will not be able to stir up any logical conclusion on the case without relying on other feeling which will also rely on other feeling only to realise that in the end, you couldn't explain anything logicaly.
May 28, 2012 6:44 AM

Nov 2010
Chitanda gets more attractive each episode
May 28, 2012 7:10 AM

Mar 2009
jfc that was a stupid episode.
May 28, 2012 7:54 AM

Jan 2008
Random question. Does anyone know how to pencil spin like Oreki at the beginning of the episode?
May 28, 2012 8:03 AM

Mar 2012
It's slow but still enjoyable, and the flashback part with the mannequins where pretty darn cool. The soundtrack in this episode was also really well done, and Chitanda is getting cuter by every episode :3
May 28, 2012 8:14 AM

Jan 2008
Mauno said:
SwordWielder said:
Random question. Does anyone know how to pencil spin like Oreki at the beginning of the episode?
I tried hard to learn it during my physics classes at high school, but never got the techique right. There were at least two persons in the class who did it all the time so it's not completely impossible..

It took me 2 days to learn thumb around and 4 days to do reverse thumb around.
May 28, 2012 8:17 AM
Sep 2011
Once again a really enjoyable episode. The characters along with the visual presentation are the things what keeps the show interesting and there are still 15 episodes left for more captivating cases to come after all.
May 28, 2012 8:52 AM

Jun 2011
i like chitanda's impatience XD
nelsonbrabraMay 30, 2012 12:40 PM
May 28, 2012 10:28 AM

Dec 2009
The next episode has the characters visit a spa. The episode title is "True Colors". I THINK THERE WILL BE PERVERTS... is what I'd like to think.

"th...they're rose-colored?!"
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 28, 2012 10:34 AM

Jul 2010
A pretty valid reason for her to get angry. A teacher was it wrong even though he doesn't give anyone the chance to prove it.

Meh, I liked it, but it was a pretty boring mystery. Hopefully it'll pick up next time! Looks like a ghost mystery eh?

May 28, 2012 10:34 AM

Oct 2010
Marow said:
The next episode has the characters visit a spa. The episode title is "True Colors". I THINK THERE WILL BE PERVERTS... is what I'd like to think.

"th...they're rose-colored?!"
Considering Satoshi and Houtarou may have never seen a naked girl, could be quite a reaction surprise not to miss out.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 28, 2012 10:52 AM

Jan 2011
Next episode might be fan service, but so far there has been none and I guess they'll keep it that way.
I could be mistaken, but Houtarou did refer to Chitanda as a soul mate when she said that it was to preserve energy. I'm looking forward to the next episode, the main reason I watch this is still animation quality though.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 28, 2012 11:35 AM

Aug 2011
Maddo_scientisto said:
Anger is a feeling and just like any other feeling, it can be hard to understand and put into word.
No, it really isn't.

Maddo_scientisto said:
If I ask you why you like something I do not expect you to give me logical reason where the obvious outcome will be that you like it.
No. 99% of the time, anyone will be able to give you at least SOME kind of reason for why they like they like something.

Maddo_scientisto said:
The same goes for anger, even though sometime it's obvious, sometime it's the result of a lot of factor your brain can't process into a logical procedure.
You're trying too hard. It usually just boils down to something happening that you don't like.

Maddo_scientisto said:
Try to toroughly analyze all your feeling and their cause, most of the time you will not be able to stir up any logical conclusion on the case without relying on other feeling which will also rely on other feeling only to realise that in the end, you couldn't explain anything logicaly.
False. Saying you can't analyze a certain feeling because it may be connected to another is complete nonsense. Feelings are connected, whether you want them to be or not.
May 28, 2012 12:59 PM

Sep 2010
the anime is great aside from the fact that this 'mystery' was totally useless and boring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2012 1:15 PM

Apr 2011
so what was i thinking 5 mins ago...i totally forgot...but i'm curious!!! 気になります☆~ please help me solve this mystery!!!! = Hyouka
May 28, 2012 1:47 PM

Aug 2011
mundane mystery.
May 28, 2012 2:12 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
Kurini said:
This is the least interesting episode for me so far.
Maybe because I just found it absurd and stupid to search for why the math teacher got something wrong and why she get angry to begin with... (you know, it's normal for teachers to make mistakes)

Next week looks interesting (not for the fanservice, I hope it's a mystery about ghost :P)

Kleeny, you didn't get it, do you? The main thing about this episode was not A and D and finding the reason behind getting angry, it was more Oreki's uncovering a bit of the mystery called "Chitanada Eru." The whole point of the episode was said at 22:13.00.

@shanimebib beat me to it - this show is not primarily about the mysteries the club solves. They are just the vehicle delivering what the real story is about.

It's certainly no action/adventure or comedy, but I find it really entertaining.
May 28, 2012 2:20 PM

Jul 2011
Nice, now I can finally drop this horrid show
May 28, 2012 2:26 PM

Mar 2011
Cool. Hot springs episode next.

There's always one (or a beach episode)
May 28, 2012 2:26 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Lately said:
Nice, now I can finally drop this horrid show

Glad we could help. Wouldn't want you to continue watch something you found horrid just because nobody told you ;)
May 28, 2012 2:41 PM

Apr 2011
if it is revealed that Chitanada's an alien from outer space in the end of the show, that'll definitely be worth waiting for 20+ eps!

but no seriously, i donno why ppl find this girl cute (Mayaka's way cuter imo), she's a real pain in the ass if you think about it..
May 28, 2012 4:57 PM

Oct 2009
Chitanda is one cute girl.

One damn cute girl.
May 28, 2012 4:59 PM

Mar 2012
I really just watch because of Houtarou, omg I love him ;A;

Chitanda can be as annoying as me, and it's like 'omg is dat even possible!!1'
May 28, 2012 5:17 PM

May 2012
Is it just me or the voice of Oreki was different?

And as always, I understand nothing.
May 28, 2012 5:25 PM

Aug 2008
shanimebib said:
Kurini said:
This is the least interesting episode for me so far.
Maybe because I just found it absurd and stupid to search for why the math teacher got something wrong and why she get angry to begin with... (you know, it's normal for teachers to make mistakes)

Next week looks interesting (not for the fanservice, I hope it's a mystery about ghost :P)

Kleeny, you didn't get it, do you? The main thing about this episode was not A and D and finding the reason behind getting angry, it was more Oreki's uncovering a bit of the mystery called "Chitanada Eru." The whole point of the episode was said at 22:13.00.

A great episode to my liking. It was quite easy to catch the mistake on A and D as soon as Satoshi mentioned he was in class 1-D and they had the domains of quadratic equation covered, I figured it out. But I absolutely loved the way the power of imagination demonstrated while Chitanda was telling the scenario. And the angel-like Chitanda and the mini-angel-like Chitanda-tachi with their curiosity as seen by Oreki were splendid. Too bad. Oreki thought he had found his soul mate there. :P

And I said this before, I am saying it again, the ED is so adorable. I can watch it like over and over and over again and still watch it all over again! :)

5/5

But still, it was the episode I enjoyed the least. And I wished they try to make a better mystery that would actually really interest Chitanda, but I guess they want to tell us that Chitanda is just interested in every trivial thing.
May 28, 2012 5:44 PM

Aug 2008
I can't describe how little I care about the things that happen to them each week.

Math teacher couldn't read his handwriting and there was 3 minutes of uproar in class? Wouldn't even qualify as an answer to 'Did anything happened at school today?'

At this point I'm wishing they would talk about chocolate cornettes and how to eat them
May 28, 2012 10:42 PM

Aug 2008
That was pretty pointless for a mystery. This series is lucky it has KyoAni animating it so the mundane stuff are converted to something more interesting. If you pick it apart, there's really nothing at the core. Well at least the storytelling is good enough to prevent me from getting bored.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.