Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Aug 12, 2013 4:24 PM
Dec 2012
daedroth4 said:
Korangi said:
And about Urobuchi i based myself in Suisei no Gargantia and Madoka Magica too not only in that 3 scenes, i just don't like Urobuchi. Because he always goes for the worse things, like it will make stories better as i said earlier and some of them even were unnecessary to the plot.

But i'm not saying i don't like the rest of Fate/Zero, i'm liking it a lot and will probably rate it 9 or 10 when i finish watching. I just don't like unnecessary kills for shock value.

The deaths are there for more than just shock value. You need to explain why Urobuchi's works are worse just because they are dark and more cynical. I know that if I criticized something like Gurren Lagan for being too upbeat I would never hear the end of it from other people, and rightfully so. Works should be judged on the quality of the plot and characters, not dismissed because the show "goes for the worst things".

I don't mean all the deaths, i don't care about that, it's just how some of them are made. Sometimes, i feel like there are a lot of ways a death could be made and he seems to choose the one that would be worse for the character and for some viewers that like those characters. So, why is that? Is he a sad man that sees everything in a negative way?

But yes, i guess he is good at the plot and characters or i wouldn't be angry by some of the deaths, i just wouldn't care. So i take it back about him being a bad writer, i just don't like some of his ways of thinking.
Also, i don't know who wrote which scene so i can't say if that's all Urobuchi's work or not.

BTW, English is not my main language so it's a little harder to express what i want to say.
Aug 15, 2013 9:52 PM

Apr 2013
Killer bees on the plane... hahahaha xD

Okay, this time its Natalia going... =(

I can't believe Kiritsugu's voice is so grown up already...

This is the better part of the flashback.

5/5

Aug 16, 2013 10:17 AM

Apr 2013
Really liked this episode, and I am starting to like Kiritsugu more and more as a character.

I wonder if Natalia knew that was going to happen? Well, at least she smiled.

Episode was a 5/5 for me.
Aug 24, 2013 11:38 AM

May 2013
oh T_T poor natalia

why did kiritsugu do that

he should have told her to jump of the plane before shooting it down

she is a good person, dam i am so sad right now, should have think of a better solution

noob kiritsugu
Aug 24, 2013 11:46 AM

May 2013
ssjokg said:
Korangi said:
ssjokg said:
Korangi said:
kdog7815 said:
Was I the only one who thought she could have landed the plane, shot threw the window and escaped then he blow up the plane in some remote area? It's sad but im pretty sure this could have been avoided. >___>

This.

And the guy who wrote this(Urobuchi or something like that i think) is really a bad writer, he probably thinks like this: "Let's make this scene and then let's make the worst case scenario happen, where everyone dies the worst way possible".
That's not good writing to me. He did it with the village, did it with lancer(he had to die i know, but could have been killed by Saber with honor at least) and now with this plane...
If you had actually read any other post except those that have the same opinion as you do then you would know WHY he had to do it.

Oh poor you.Then according to you most ancient poets,if not all are really bad.

Yoor preferred writing=/=good writing.Also if you had ANY idea about the world of Fate/ you would know that Urobuchi doesnt even compare with Kinoko Nasu ,creator of Fate/ and other series.

I read the first 2 pages and the last 2, i'm not going to read 20+ pages obviously.

What i'm saying is that if the only way he can do his stories look "good" or interesting is by killing characters to shock audience then he isn't a good writer.

And Natalia could be easily saved by landing the plane, getting out and then he would blow up the plane but Urobuchi just wanted to go with the worst option.

No she couldnt "easily" be saved.GO read some of those 20+ pages.No nott even that.The ep itself spells it out for you that what you say CANT happen.

And you are the one to decide what makes a good writer, based on 3 scenes where 2 were decided before he even took the job or writing it?

If you disregard EVERYTHING else(and these is what you are doing),like char interactions,development and then focus on the shock value, that isnt bad if it isnt the only thing,and FZ has more than just shock value,then you cant complain for anything.

well i agree with Korangi though, why cant he saved her, i will say this in steps

1. land the dam plane
2. shoot through the cockpit window
3. Natalia climb off the cockpit window (SHE IS NOW SAVED) fuckk u noob ending
4. kiritsugu shoot down the plane

that is simple problem solving.... god dam the writer
Aug 24, 2013 2:02 PM

Aug 2009
na35899 said:
ssjokg said:
Korangi said:
ssjokg said:
Korangi said:
kdog7815 said:
Was I the only one who thought she could have landed the plane, shot threw the window and escaped then he blow up the plane in some remote area? It's sad but im pretty sure this could have been avoided. >___>

This.

And the guy who wrote this(Urobuchi or something like that i think) is really a bad writer, he probably thinks like this: "Let's make this scene and then let's make the worst case scenario happen, where everyone dies the worst way possible".
That's not good writing to me. He did it with the village, did it with lancer(he had to die i know, but could have been killed by Saber with honor at least) and now with this plane...
If you had actually read any other post except those that have the same opinion as you do then you would know WHY he had to do it.

Oh poor you.Then according to you most ancient poets,if not all are really bad.

Yoor preferred writing=/=good writing.Also if you had ANY idea about the world of Fate/ you would know that Urobuchi doesnt even compare with Kinoko Nasu ,creator of Fate/ and other series.

I read the first 2 pages and the last 2, i'm not going to read 20+ pages obviously.

What i'm saying is that if the only way he can do his stories look "good" or interesting is by killing characters to shock audience then he isn't a good writer.

And Natalia could be easily saved by landing the plane, getting out and then he would blow up the plane but Urobuchi just wanted to go with the worst option.

No she couldnt "easily" be saved.GO read some of those 20+ pages.No nott even that.The ep itself spells it out for you that what you say CANT happen.

And you are the one to decide what makes a good writer, based on 3 scenes where 2 were decided before he even took the job or writing it?

If you disregard EVERYTHING else(and these is what you are doing),like char interactions,development and then focus on the shock value, that isnt bad if it isnt the only thing,and FZ has more than just shock value,then you cant complain for anything.

well i agree with Korangi though, why cant he saved her, i will say this in steps

1. land the dam plane
4. kiritsugu shoot down the plane

that is simple problem solving.... god dam the writer
1.You can either use logic on why it cant be done by a)paying attention to what Natalia says and b)by common sense.
2.Read some pages before this one.
Aug 24, 2013 2:09 PM

Jun 2007
na35899 said:

I don't think you understand the difference between shooting the window out from a car and climbing out of it and doing the same while being in a pressurized plane at 32,000 feet in the air going over 600mph and doing this.

There's a reason you can't just open a fucking window in a jet, it's not like she was in a cessna doing a little tourism.

As for Urobuchi being a shitty writer and relying on shock value - this is just hilarious. Yeah, he does rely on some same elements in most of his work, but that's far from what defines his abilities as a writer. Almost every author in fucking history has had their 'thing'. His happens to be usually killing off a relevant character to further progress a cast member or the full plot - he uses it as a tool, not shock value (outside of Madoka).
TallonKarrde23Aug 24, 2013 2:15 PM
Aug 24, 2013 3:14 PM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
Korangi said:
kdog7815 said:

This.

Actually, Nasu was the one who wrote Lancer's death (to an extent)
http://oi44.tinypic.com/6hlzir.jpg

The only really shocking moments he created were
-Natalia's death
-Shirley/island's The Dead Apocalypse
-

Everything else(from what comes to mind) is based on FSN and Char Material by Nasu.And really with the exception of Saya no Uta I am 100% sure that Nasu is worse than Gen in using shock scenes.FSN alone beats FZ easily in that.
Aug 24, 2013 4:04 PM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
Korangi said:
kdog7815 said:

This.

Might I suggest this movie to you?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1367/Detective_Conan_Movie_08:_Magician_of_the_Silver_Sky

And if you're too lazy to, basically all the main characters get stuck in a plane and the pilots are drugged. Yes, the ending is incredibly unrealistic but if you watched it you wouldn't spout some dumbass bullshit like 'HERPDERP NATALIA (who is probably not an expert at flying planes) CAN LAND ANYWHERE SHE WANTS. YEAH! UROBUCHI JUST KILLED THEM OFF FOR SHOCK VALUE! LOLSOBAD"
She knows the basics with small ones like Cessna.A jumbo jet is hard enough for her to ask the airport for assistance.Landing on water that even real professionals have REAL troubles with or even crash landing without damaging the airplane and setting the bees free.
Aug 24, 2013 8:47 PM

May 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
na35899 said:

I don't think you understand the difference between shooting the window out from a car and climbing out of it and doing the same while being in a pressurized plane at 32,000 feet in the air going over 600mph and doing this.

There's a reason you can't just open a fucking window in a jet, it's not like she was in a cessna doing a little tourism.

As for Urobuchi being a shitty writer and relying on shock value - this is just hilarious. Yeah, he does rely on some same elements in most of his work, but that's far from what defines his abilities as a writer. Almost every author in fucking history has had their 'thing'. His happens to be usually killing off a relevant character to further progress a cast member or the full plot - he uses it as a tool, not shock value (outside of Madoka).

if you have landed the plane first, there wont be the air pressure you talk about on the ground level right?

come on use your logics
Aug 24, 2013 9:15 PM

May 2013
Forgetfulness said:
na35899 said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
na35899 said:

if you have landed the plane first, there wont be the air pressure you talk about on the ground level right?

come on use your logics

And if you couldn't land the plane, there won't be an opportunity to get Natalia out right?

come on use your logics

how about land it in the water?

and i think Natalia would have landed the plane...

well you could argue that theres a risk she cant land the plane properly

but there IS a way out im sure, and shooting the plane down is reckless and it will not be an option i would take

if presumely the cockpit window was shot in mid air, Natalia got suck out through that window she would fall in to the sea right?

kiritsugu just need to drive his boat there and pick her up...

if that pressure is so high that the cockpit door got suck too. the cockpit door would have block that window, or if some ghouls would have been sucked out too they would have drop into the sea right?

and again if you are going to argue that it cant be done, but at least she could have tried, and i mean kiritsugu should have tell her....
Aug 24, 2013 10:50 PM

Aug 2009
Stop using the logic from the Crank movies.

Do you understand how difficult it is for PROFESSIONALS with a lot of EXPERIENCE to land a plane in the water?
Natalia was piloting with help from the com Tower.1+1=2

It isnt arguable.She wouldnt be able to land it properly unless she did it normally in airport.

There is no way out.Not with the powers they have.

"if presumely the cockpit window was shot in mid air, Natalia got suck out through that window she would fall in to the sea right?

kiritsugu just need to drive his boat there and pick her up..."

What the hell am I reading?Again stop using the logic from the Crank movies.

The point is that EVERY "Ghoul" and EVERY GODDAMN bee must die.

Why would she try to save herself with methods that would kill her anyway( and be lot more painful too).
Sep 21, 2013 12:12 AM

Jul 2013
Damn another amazing episode, an emotional and touching moments of Natalia and Kiritsugu acting like mother and son. Never realize that the mage guy has bees inside of his body then the plane infested by ghouls.

Sad that he has to killed Natalia in the process but he still continue to live on.

Sep 22, 2013 9:03 PM
Jul 2018
ExecRory said:
zimno said:
why....

5/5

Caster is alive O_O

LMAO

Anyways, this anime is freaking amazing, I loved this episode, so sad.
Sep 25, 2013 11:02 AM
May 2013
I came here for the action and to see how the masters deceive their enemies not for the feels.
Another great filler by the way.

I'm glad they shown us these fillers about Kiritsugu's past .
ZarnaavSep 29, 2013 12:12 AM
Sep 25, 2013 11:15 AM

Aug 2009
Zarnaav said:
I came here for the action and to see how the masters deceive their enemies not for the feels.

So in the next episode they show Assassin again

I'm glad they shown us these fillers about Kiritsugu's past, now Kirei can't be my favorite .

Seriously.What the hell?
Sep 25, 2013 1:48 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Zarnaav said:

I'm glad they shown us these fillers about Kiritsugu's past, now Kirei can't be my favorite .

Seriously.What the hell?

The person MUST be trolling.
Sep 25, 2013 2:01 PM

Jun 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Zarnaav said:

Seriously.What the hell?

The person MUST be trolling.

And, LOL at him calling the main protagonists' back story "filler".
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 29, 2013 12:22 AM
May 2013

Actually that part with assassin was a bad sub . I've realized that just now.

No comment .
Sep 29, 2013 12:28 AM

Aug 2009
Zarnaav said:

Actually that part with assassin was a bad sub . I've realized that just now.

IF you were watching UTW subs then it is your fault.
Zarnaav said:

No comment .

Thank god.
Oct 7, 2013 1:22 PM

Apr 2013
That missile hit me right in the feels. Really powerful episode.

I must also add that there is a horrendous amount of stupid posts in every fate/zero episode discussion, jesus.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 7, 2013 1:27 PM

Apr 2013
tytheimmortal said:
The story of How I Became Edgy continues.

If this was real life Kiritsugu would've missed horrendously and made a fool out of himself. Aiming at the middle of the plane like that isn't going to work. If by some miracle he had hit, a small gun like that probably couldn't even have breached the hull, much less kill the person who's flying the plane.

Kiritsugu forced to kill his mentor to save lives: 2edgy4me

Mentor bitten by ghouls: Way too predictable

Plane lands safely and all the ghouls are killed: generic happy ending

I don't think any ending to this episode would please you.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 18, 2013 7:29 AM

Jul 2013
goddammit, i'm not crying, i'm not crying, these are invisible ninjas cutting onions everywhere T_T

btw, after reading some comments of how she could get out of there by jumping out of the window, notice followings:

1.) she said she didnt prepare a parachute

the moment she said this i knew she was fked

2.) why do you think pilots need years of training in a simulator before getting into a plane? to practise the starting and landing in different surroundings like fog, sun, cold, and like landing onto the water. she said she doesnt have a piloting license, she is flying with autopilot, basically keep the plane abouve a certain level. there is no way an amateur would be able to land a plane perfectly on the water.

3.) even if she somehow manages by landing on the water, have you seen how big a plane is? this one seems to be especially large, let say it is 17m in height (in anime she said around 300 passangers, a A330-200 is 18m in heigh). now let say after landing she immediatly jump out after the plane, with the window let say 7m abouve the water.

let say she is an average woman in 60kg weight, after falling 7m in free fall she would have a v=a*t_0 (with no air resistance) = 11,7m/s, [t_0=root(2*7m/g)].
to check whether her bones would break at hitting the surface, we take v=a*t and s=a*t^2*1/2 => with s=1cm (the distance her bones would pressed together at hitting)

a=1/2*v^2*1/s = around 7000m/s^2
with F=m*a*h=50kg*7000m/s^2*0,01m=3500N
let say her femur has an area of 5cm^2 at it thinnest state, therefore F/[A]=7*10^6N/m^2

if TL, DR this part: her bones wont break at a fall of only 7m [they breakt at 1.7*10^8N/m^2], but it will still hurt a lot, (also this is made on the assumption that she doesnt bend her knees when hitting surface)

so yes, she would survive if she miraculously managed to land it and then jump off, but still she need to be fetched up by him and then he has to shoot it down, without getting sucked from the sinking airplane into the water. bit ridiculous, hurts a lot and lots of loosing strings here, but doable.

but in my opinion she has no way of landing the plane on the water with just her, dont think it is easy, with this speed she is hitting the plane could easily get torn apart and the some bees would survive. (impossible? insects easily survive in the air long enough, also with the wind carrying the managed to settle on inhabitated islands [on islands there are insects without wings, so they wont carried away to the ocean. but this means someday they managed to land on the island]). it wont be save enough, because if some bees manages to survive and infecting more people, more people will die.

TL, DR it all: it was the best way to get rid of them all, which really sucks, but they made the right choice
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Nov 25, 2013 7:03 AM

Dec 2010
I don't know but, I kinda felt like this could've end a different way. Like after landing and perhaps she could came out of the plane first then only Kiritsugu burn everything with it.

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND, DOES MAKING PEOPLE DIE FOR THE SAKE OF INVOKING YOUR AUDIENCE INTO A SAD-DEPRESS TRAIN GREAT FOR YOU?! HUH?!

But oh well, I kinda saw this coming, it's just that i felt like they really trying a little too hard in making the story of Kiritsugu tragic as F***. I guess that's one of the reason why he could play such a bad-good-guy role, eh? Cause he seen shit worse than this and he knows what measurements to take to prevent all the worse happens again. Yeah I get that.

But.

I.

Don't.

Like.

Him.

>:(
Gomu Gomu No~!!! JETTO PISTOOORUU!!!
*Guy flying away ( And i mean REAL FAR AWAY )*
EPIC WIN XDDD
Nov 25, 2013 7:08 AM

Aug 2009
So Kiritsugu would somehow pass the security of an US airport while carrying an rpg/rocket launcher/whatever and have time to shoot the airplane before he gets caught or someone from the airport accidentally frees the bees.
An dthe point of these eps wasnt to like him but understand him.
Nov 25, 2013 7:45 AM

Nov 2013
na35899 said:
Forgetfulness said:
na35899 said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
na35899 said:

come on use your logics

And if you couldn't land the plane, there won't be an opportunity to get Natalia out right?

come on use your logics

how about land it in the water?

and i think Natalia would have landed the plane...

well you could argue that theres a risk she cant land the plane properly

but there IS a way out im sure, and shooting the plane down is reckless and it will not be an option i would take

if presumely the cockpit window was shot in mid air, Natalia got suck out through that window she would fall in to the sea right?

kiritsugu just need to drive his boat there and pick her up...

if that pressure is so high that the cockpit door got suck too. the cockpit door would have block that window, or if some ghouls would have been sucked out too they would have drop into the sea right?

and again if you are going to argue that it cant be done, but at least she could have tried, and i mean kiritsugu should have tell her....

1- Landing the plane in water is not possible with her landing skills (if they exist anyway).
2- Jumping into the water from that high is no different from jumping into solid ground, just think how fast she'll be falling when she reaches the surface of the sea/ocean.
3- Tell her what? She already knew, or to be more precise she WANTED him to do that. She made a smile as the plane was burning = happy he made the right decision.
Dec 4, 2013 3:46 PM

Aug 2008
Well this was better than the last episode but still a distraction from main event. I know, I know, back story and all and Kiritsugu will no doubt play major role coming up but I couldn't help but want to get back to Rider and Saber, my favorites.

Still was entertaining for what it was, ending certainly emotional that actually worked, cared about his grief which I often don't with these characters. Still, hope next one we get back to the main event!
Dec 13, 2013 2:52 PM

Apr 2008
I was expecting her to die...but not like that. What a plot twist.
Jan 16, 2014 4:41 AM

May 2013
Holy shit this episode was amazing, that Natalia was going to die was a given. And I knew he would shoot down the lane ones he got on that boat. But damn I was still shocked that Natalia already knew what he would do and was expecting to be killed by her own 'son'.

10/5
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 27, 2014 7:22 AM

Dec 2013
.. and down goes my rating
Feb 1, 2014 2:36 AM
Nov 2013
Another excellently depressing Kiritsugu background ep. These two have been the best of the season.
Feb 14, 2014 3:53 PM

May 2013
R.I.P Natalia :(
Mar 4, 2014 9:32 AM

Feb 2013
Beautiful
Mar 18, 2014 6:50 PM
Apr 2011
this episode reminded me of a genderswapped "Leon"; ends just as tragically too

also i was hoping they'd show kiritsugu choking on his first cigarette

apparently he's too cool even for that
Mar 31, 2014 11:52 PM

Dec 2013
There could have been another way, but that would require imagination and hope. I'm not surprised Kiritsugu made that decision based on what his life has been like.
Love and Peace!!!
Apr 25, 2014 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
just a bit brutal from lil ol kerry just casually killing his mentor, although he did go a lil crazy afterwards
Yo
May 3, 2014 5:36 PM

Mar 2009
What a devastating episode! So tragic for Karia to kill Natalia like that. Guess every man kills the thing he loves.
Impressive fight between Rider and Saber but somehow I expected more.
May 7, 2014 9:27 AM

Dec 2013
He really did kill her ...
May 8, 2014 4:16 AM

Jan 2009
How tragic of kiritsugu killing natalia. Save 1000 vs 1 eh? :/

10/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 11, 2014 5:13 PM

Aug 2012
This aired on mother's day and I'm watching it on mother's day too? What a coincidence.

RIP Natalia.

Every time a female character shows up, I just know they authors will make them die ... well Saber might possibly be an exception.

Also of course every time a knife is given, stabby time is guaranteed.
May 25, 2014 10:01 AM
Jun 2013
hey its that flashback scene from that episode.Man this chick does age well.great last words from his teacher/mother.Yea I would have the same reaction afterwards proboly cry a little more though :p.I would like an episode showing a bit more of his beginning relationship with iri hope that comes.
May 25, 2014 10:02 AM

Aug 2009
souledge94 said:
Man this chick does age well.g
She has succubus' blood so that helps her a bit.
May 25, 2014 10:23 AM

Sep 2013
souledge94 said:
hey its that flashback scene from that episode.Man this chick does age well.great last words from his teacher/mother.Yea I would have the same reaction afterwards proboly cry a little more though :p.I would like an episode showing a bit more of his beginning relationship with iri hope that comes.

How he meets Iri is elaborated in the Drama CD that was included in the first cours blu-ray package. I'm pretty sure Raze translated it.
May 26, 2014 6:34 AM

Jan 2009
So, she could have easily water landed the plane, jumped out of the cockpit window, and then blow the plane up. Just throwing that out there.
May 26, 2014 7:56 AM

Nov 2013
Zewerr said:
So, she could have easily water landed the plane, jumped out of the cockpit window, and then blow the plane up. Just throwing that out there.

No she couldn't.
May 26, 2014 8:30 AM

Sep 2013
Zewerr said:

You watch too many movies if you seriously believe a water landing is that easy.
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.