Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 28, 2012 9:08 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And there's my Kirei locating the body and getting the command seals from his father.

Doesn't make sense though why they made the conversation between Iri and Maiya in the car instead of in the storage room. It looks weird that Iri is leaning her head on Maiya's shoulder all the while.

Gil reappearing again and again inside Kirei's room feels stupid.

And the new team has been born. Poor Tokiomi never saw that coming. His surprised face as well as Kirei's smile was golden.
I liked that the camera went full circle inside the room.
But isn't Kirei suppose to use his previous Command Seals rather than the ones he received? The previous Seals aren't even present in his hands. Animation error perhaps? Oh well.

Great episode still even with this.
Next episode is something I've been waiting for. Kerry's past. To shed some light on why Kiritsugu is this broken about his ideals. Can't wait.

inb4 LN readers complain about this episode.
belatkuroApr 28, 2012 9:19 AM
Apr 28, 2012 9:17 AM

Sep 2009
Kirei used last of his seals than he draw all Assaasins in the suicidal attack on the Rider actually
Apr 28, 2012 9:21 AM

Mar 2008
Don't have that much to say for this episode. I don't like Tokiomi anyway :p
I should really read the Light Novel

Lots of conversation. Hopefully more action next week :)
Apr 28, 2012 9:22 AM

May 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Kirei used last of his seals than he draw all Assaasins in the suicidal attack on the Rider actually
No, he only used one. Then he got the remaining two back in the next episode.
Apr 28, 2012 9:38 AM

Dec 2009
I was thinking Kirei would kill Tokiomi next episode.

Well, what can I say... Dunno, another conversation heavy episode.

So now only 4 masters and 4 servants left.

Next episode is Kiritsugu's past. Can't wait for it.

Apr 28, 2012 9:51 AM

Apr 2007
Dat evil smirk. Oh Kotomine, you are still the most interesting character in FZ to me. All the great character development, and his conversations with Gilgamesh are some of the most memorable as well. These guys, I just love it. Tokiomi on the other hand, so disappointing. Him with his stupid strategies and boring interest in magic. Such a waste of a sexy face :[ I wanted to put him in my avie for once, but Kotomine had the best moments.

And Rin, my god, ufotable really knows how to bring out the cuteness in some charas. Killing me.

Finally Kiritsugu's past next week. I prefer to wait for a character's backstory (if there is one) before completely judging em so I'm looking forward to it. Things aren't looking too good for Kiri right now, though.

belatkuro said:
But isn't Kirei suppose to use his previous Command Seals rather than the ones he received? The previous Seals aren't even present in his hands. Animation error perhaps? Oh well.
In the first half they did forget to draw command seals on some of the character's hands, I only noticed with TV/BD comparison shots, so it may just be an error. Though it seems weird to forget it with such an important scene. Unless they merged or something in the anime? Still weird.
MonochromeApr 28, 2012 9:57 AM
Apr 28, 2012 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
Well, a bit of a dialogue heavy episode but still well played out. The title also fits perfectly to this episode tbh.

And dat Saber on the bike. Suits her perfectly :>

Kirei goes to take a lot about the truth of the Holy Grail War and the reason why masters reserve their use of the Command Seal. It seems that after this conversation, Archer/Gilgamesh is forming a conspiracy with Kirei to form a new contract, the 8th contract to be exact.

God damn it Kirei:

Stark700Apr 28, 2012 11:02 AM
Apr 28, 2012 9:59 AM

Jun 2008
Kirei*.*

GIL *A* GAR as always~

I never liked Tokiomi anyway. He needs some payback time for leaving Sakura, and making Kariya go through all that pain.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 28, 2012 10:03 AM
Sep 2010
Linkark07 said:
i thought that too.

Kirei's and Tokiomi's faces were awesome. and Saber got a motorcycle.
Apr 28, 2012 10:16 AM

Feb 2012
It still irks me to see Tokiomi behave that way with Rin after what he did to Sakura. I can't even say he got what was coming to him by being killed by Kirei; I would've rather Kariya be the one to kill him.
Apr 28, 2012 10:27 AM

May 2010
DAT SMIRK!!!

Next episode seems someone's backstory.
StormViruzApr 28, 2012 10:38 AM
Apr 28, 2012 10:42 AM

Jul 2011
Fate/zero manages to maintain intelligent discourse, great storytelling, and a great structure, but for fuck's sake, the melodramatic death animation. Caster's and Ryuunosuke's was done really well, it wasn't melodramatic; Lancer had bleeding eyes, and Tokiomi has a generic horror-anime victim countenance.

Bleh, good episode regardless. That subtle foreshadowing in the last episode was really great.
mdzApr 28, 2012 9:10 PM
Apr 28, 2012 10:53 AM

Sep 2011
Good episode,Kirei real face.

Another good talk episode,first we got Iris telling Maiya what she really is just a vessel that will lose her body as time pass.

As always Kirei conversations with Gilga are awesome in the end the only one that understand Kirei real nature is Gilgamesh.

LOLI RIN!!! Just appear for some minutes but her smile makes my hearth skip a bit SOOOO DAMN CUTE!!!

Then Kirei killing Tokiomi that smirk was the best of the episode poor Tokiomi didnt see it coming.

Even that they cut somethings including Kirei inner struggle and what Tokiomi really feels about Sakura maybe will happen as episode 11 last season and add a uncut version,or they will add it in another episode.

Besides that another awesome episode and things will get even better now,next episode a look into the past and many questions will be answer about this epic character....CANT WAIT!!

BTW....Saber in motorcycle....JUST EPIC!!
Apr 28, 2012 10:54 AM

Aug 2008
Ahahahaha! Tokiomi totally deserved what happened to him! The last look on his face was priceless, absolutely priceless. The only shame is that it wasn't Kariya who stabbed him.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 28, 2012 10:55 AM

Jan 2010
Kirei face at the end is full of win!
Apr 28, 2012 11:00 AM

May 2011
Lots of talk, less action, one event that changes the entire life.

Looks like Kirei already on his move
Apr 28, 2012 11:03 AM

Jan 2010
I can't wait to see how they do the backstory. That was a very interesting read in the novel.
Ok™
Apr 28, 2012 11:06 AM

Jul 2011
That Kirei's smile at the end was perfect oh my god
Apr 28, 2012 11:29 AM

Feb 2012
I think I have to re-watch all the dialogues between Gilgamesh and Kirei, Kirei goes straight from apprentice to evil face just like that.

I totally expected Iris to kiss Maiya in that moment and I thought the end of their talk to be stupid.

Tokiomi was never a likeable character for me but he didn't deserve to be stabbed from behind, he should've seen that wicked face of Kirei.

Just to be clear, Gilgamesh became Kirei's servant to amuse himself and Kirei continues as master to find his answer and that's it?

Next episode is really about Kiritsugu's past? I didn't get the preview at all.
Apr 28, 2012 11:35 AM
Sep 2011
Gilgamesh is as manipulative as ever... Driving Kirei to the point of backstabbing his master in the truest sense of the word.

His conversation with Kirei itself was pretty amusing to watch. It almost felt playful how they teased each other.

In the end Gilgamesh is proved correct as Tokiomi didn't do anything worthwhile not to mention anything entertaining.
EudaimoniaApr 28, 2012 12:43 PM
Apr 28, 2012 11:39 AM

Aug 2011
Monochrome said:
In the first half they did forget to draw command seals on some of the character's hands, I only noticed with TV/BD comparison shots, so it may just be an error. Though it seems weird to forget it with such an important scene. Unless they merged or something in the anime? Still weird.

In the LN it says that the two Command Seals are on his LEFT lower arm and the Command Seals of Risei are on his entire RIGHT arm
Apr 28, 2012 11:51 AM

Nov 2009
You scary, evil Kirei!
Apr 28, 2012 11:54 AM

Aug 2008
Gilgamesh is right. Tokiomi is simply boring and stay boring to the very end.
Apr 28, 2012 12:03 PM

Sep 2010
They cut a lot. Wasn't Kirei crying when he found his father's body and recalling how his wife killed herself in front of him in the novels? There was a lot more of inner struggle in Kirei. He was cracking down during his last scene with Tokiomi.

Maybe the blu ray will fix the pacing issues. This episode looks too cramped.
Apr 28, 2012 12:05 PM

Feb 2009
DaisyDuck3008 said:
Monochrome said:

In the LN it says that the two Command Seals are on his LEFT lower arm and the Command Seals of Risei are on his entire RIGHT arm
Yes I know but in episode 12 we saw it return to his right hand. Sure they changed the position where it returned but they have to at least stick to the original scenario that Kirei used his own Command Seals instead of the ones from the supervisor/his father.

Feb 2010
Thess said:
They cut a lot. Wasn't Kirei crying when he found his father's body and recalling how his wife killed herself in front of him in the novels? There was a lot more of inner struggle in Kirei. He was cracking down during his last scene with Tokiomi.

I agree with everything you said. Though I didn't remember Kirei's wife killing herself scene from the novel .__.;

And I had a feeling they were going to cram a lot in this episode considering how far they will cover (based on the preview for this episode). Some of the transitions from one small part of a scene to another were somewhat rushed or awkward too imo.
Nov 2011
So, Tokiomi:
1. Gave Kirei his will
2. Gave him a literal dagger
3. Turned his back on Kirei

To paraphrase HK-47, that's like putting a sign on your back saying: "Please, stab me repeatedly untill I die
Apr 28, 2012 12:11 PM

Dec 2010
Saw it coming from a mile away; so it wasn't really a surprising backstab but still Kirei finally shows his true colors that have been implied till now; kinda wondered about that goodbye to Rin scene tho...wasn't

In any case next episode seems like it might be Kiritsugu's past which i wouldn't mind at all since to me he is even more complex than Kirei; or at least has the potential to be.

Quick question, how many command seals does Kirei actually have now? i mean the norm is to have 3 right? but i think its safe to say that he has more than that now...
Apr 28, 2012 12:18 PM

Nov 2009
Since people seem to be confused about the jewel that Rin uses to save Shirou...

It was locked away somewhere in the mansion the whole time, not given to her directly. I don't remember the exact details since it's fairly trivial, but it's explained early on in the visual novel.
Apr 28, 2012 12:21 PM
Sep 2011
Bio-D said:
So, Tokiomi:
1. Gave Kirei his will

To paraphrase HK-47, that's like putting a sign on your back saying: "Please, stab me repeatedly untill I die

To be fair, he did have his Servant right next to him who was supposed to be protecting him.

Also for all those people asking about Rin's jewel, she decodes Tokiomi's will in the F/SN prologue and that's when she gets it.
Apr 28, 2012 12:24 PM

Aug 2009
The jewel is one of the family treasures their family has and which now belong to Rin.I think Rin was holding a book too, in the flashbacks of FSN anime.
Apr 28, 2012 12:40 PM

Jan 2012
My impression of this episode of Fate/Zero Season 2.

Apr 28, 2012 12:43 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, that evil grin on Kirei was picture perfect. I am enjoying watching and bridging F/Z with F/SN.

Young Rin is just too adorable. I feel sad for her not knowing the fate (no pun intended) her father went through.
Apr 28, 2012 12:52 PM

Mar 2010
amazing episode!
cant wait to see kirei vs kiritsugu
Apr 28, 2012 1:25 PM

Aug 2010
In the first season of Fate/Zero, the only one who died was Assassin. (If we exclude all namless people)

4 episodes of the 2nd season have past, and the death count of all named characters went up to 8. The dead collector will be busy this season, there will be more.

It looked rather easy for Kirei to backstab Tokiomi, but you have to admit that he trusted Kirei too much and the dagger was a tradition thing. Betrayal of that kind isn't something you should expect.

I'm sensing that more death will arrive next time, but it's a flashback, so these people probably won't make it to the list of the dead collector.
Apr 28, 2012 1:36 PM

Apr 2012
Thess said:

Yeah, Kirei did cry and recall his wife, although at least Gilgamesh's comment about wishing he could've killed his father alluded to that inner struggle. Better than nothing at all. There was also the stuff about Sakura somebody else mentioned on the first page, really wish that was in there. Oh, they also skipped a part with Kariya and Zouken too. For anybody that cares about the Tokiomi/Sakura stuff, here. Not a spoiler at this point since the anime can never address it (except in the BDs, I guess) since Tokiomi's already gone, but just in case:

Elite60 said:
Damn, that evil grin on Kirei was picture perfect. I am enjoying watching and bridging F/Z with F/SN.

Young Rin is just too adorable. I feel sad for her not knowing the fate (no pun intended) her father went through.
Apr 28, 2012 2:03 PM

Sep 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:

No, Rin finds the jewel, following his instructions.
Apr 28, 2012 2:06 PM

Sep 2008
This show is good, really good. BUT! But Kotomine & Gilgamesh are even better. Those 2 are pure gold (no pun intended, dear King of heroes). Their conversations make this show way better than it actually is. Don't get me wrong, I love it so far, but it wouldn't be nearly as good if those two weren't in it.
Apr 28, 2012 2:25 PM

Dec 2011
Wow this episode went fast. Now gilgamesh is Kirei's new partner. The story should be quite interesting from now on.
Apr 28, 2012 2:37 PM

Mar 2008
Stabbed by the back... how coward.
Kirei, i'm disappointed in you.

Bio-D said:
So, Tokiomi:
1. Gave Kirei his will

Only that fool don't see this coming. Hilarious.
Apr 28, 2012 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
http://animuthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/04/fate-zero-s2-episode-4.html
^Loli Rin pics and motorcycle saber here.

Yay Motorcycle Saber! I was looking forward to seeing that in the show outside of the OP.

It's a shame: Tokiomi dies after we see his good (fatherly) side.

And poor Iri. One of the most respectable female leads ever is dying :(
Apr 28, 2012 3:23 PM

Apr 2012
Totentanz said:
Gilgamesh is as manipulative as ever... Driving Kirei to the point of backstabbing his master in the truest sense of the word.

His conversation with Kirei itself was pretty amusing to watch. It almost felt playful how they teased each other.

In the end Gilgamesh is proved correct as Tokiomi didn't do anything worthwhile not to mention anything entertaining.

Gil never manipulated kirei and never drove him to do anything
he just made him realize the true nature of his soul though it is twisted and he only made subtle hints
ultimately its always kirei who makes the decision
it was actually kirei who manipulated Gil to some degree in this episode
BloodRequiemApr 28, 2012 3:26 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 28, 2012 3:31 PM
May 2011
Wasn't that the same dagger Kotomine gave to Rin in Fate/Stay Night?
Apr 28, 2012 3:35 PM
Apr 2012
I am really excited for the new bond with Kirei/Gilgamesh. They have such an amazing chemistry together.

My full blog is here http://goani.me/fate-zero-episode-17/
Apr 28, 2012 3:35 PM

Apr 2012
Kyousuke_Rei said:
Wasn't that the same dagger Kotomine gave to Rin in Fate/Stay Night?

yes it is
and thats why people keep on saying finish reading fate stay night first before watching fate zero
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 28, 2012 4:19 PM

Apr 2009
This episode felt rather short.

I didn't really grasp the point of the lengthy Irisviel/Maiya dialogue. Didn't feel like it gave us anything new.

Tokiomis farewell to Rin was absolutely perfect. Now that's how you are supposed to say goodbye, not all that touchy-weepiness we are usually served.
Ahh... I really can't state enough how much I love the Tohsaka family (except Sakura).
Despite my admiration for Tokiomi tho, his death was pretty meh. It was just so overly predictable that it failed to bring forth much emotion.
Ep really gave the impression that even he himself didn't expect to live much longer.

And wow. Gilgamesh is such a bastard. Him and Kirei are a match made in heaven.
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Apr 28, 2012 4:33 PM

Aug 2009
Xayoz said:
I really can't state enough how much I love the Tohsaka family (except Sakura).

I dont see ANY reason to like the family besides Rin.Both Parents are shit putting their "noble" magic/crest above their kids.I understand why people dont like Sakura in FSN, but why hate her?

the Tohsaka family(except for Rin) NEVER did anything for her.While Sakura( spoiler for VN)

People that want more Kirie and Gil next time will be really disappointed.
Apr 28, 2012 4:42 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
Xayoz said:
I really can't state enough how much I love the Tohsaka family (except Sakura).

I dont see ANY reason to like the family besides Rin.Both Parents are shit putting their "noble" magic/crest above their kids.I understand why people dont like Sakura in FSN, but why hate her?

the Tohsaka family(except for Rin) NEVER did anything for her.While Sakura( spoiler for VN)

People that want more Kirie and Gil next time will be really disappointed.

well that is how magus are raised
like what kayneth said in episode 1 the magic crest is passed down from generation to generation and is the essence of the family's research and accomplishments
of course to them it is worth far more than human lives
Apr 28, 2012 4:50 PM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:

Of course they put their magic first. So would I, where I a magus.

I hate Sakura simply because I can't stand meek, backboneless women. Her being that way isn't probably her fault, but that doesn't make her any more likable for me.
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Apr 28, 2012 5:10 PM

Sep 2010
Xayoz said:
I hate Sakura simply because I can't stand meek, backboneless women. Her being that way isn't probably her fault, but that doesn't make her any more likable for me.

This always makes me laugh.

ThessApr 28, 2012 5:20 PM
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

» is it necessary to watch fate stay/night 2006 ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 25

24 by mykuza »»
Feb 26, 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.