Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2012 5:38 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh... Now I get the meaning of episode title...
Apr 27, 2012 2:41 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Brilliant episode. It really felt like they took things up a notch.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 17, 2012 1:32 AM

Jul 2008
Its not a true Gundam series till the nukes get involved.
Sep 30, 2012 4:12 PM

Oct 2009
WolfWood37 said:

Well, no... It's not a true Gundam series till colony drop gets involved.
Oct 1, 2012 2:25 AM

Jul 2008
Newser said:
WolfWood37 said:

Well, no... It's not a true Gundam series till colony drop gets involved.

Well true, however if there are no colonies to drop, then we need nukes.
Dec 14, 2012 10:10 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty good episode. Still not really feeling the series, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 1, 2013 5:21 PM

Nov 2011
I literally was just thinking that the opposition was too soft for a Gundam show. Nuclear warheads...oh man. :\ I wonder where the story can go from here?
Apr 8, 2014 2:44 PM

Mar 2010
Character deaths and heavy handed criticisms of nuclear weapons.

Now, this is Gundam!
May 25, 2014 3:23 AM

Sep 2013
Excellent episode. I'm liking this more and more, I feel like the story finally has reached its full 'speed'. It did take its time, but it happened.

There are pretty strong anti-war messages here yet again, as expected from a Tomino Gundam..
Jan 26, 2015 9:42 PM

Jul 2010
Best episode so far.
cupc said:
Excellent episode. I'm liking this more and more, I feel like the story finally has reached its full 'speed'. It did take its time, but it happened.

There are pretty strong anti-war messages here yet again, as expected from a Tomino Gundam..

I also get that feeling from all Tomino Gundams.
Aug 20, 2015 12:18 AM
May 2015
God damn it! I knew he was likely to die but I still hoped that Gavane would make it.
Dec 6, 2015 10:04 PM

May 2012
holy shit that was intense
Jul 8, 2017 3:24 AM

Dec 2015
Is this suddenly accelerating?

Not only was the "countdown" exciting, this nuclear explosion was far better rendered than the stupid looking impactless colony crash in ZZ. The effective distance was not perfect (I was expecting the nearest suits to burn/melt instantly) but was still better handled.

5/5 I was expecting Gavanne's death to be unceremonious and not this reinforced.

Is Dianna Sorel's actual intended name "Soleil"? That would explain the ship's name. ^^" (didn't know because the french fansub used "Sorel")
Jan 4, 2019 7:19 AM

Jul 2016
Fantastic episode!

Not like we don't already know this.. but Loran is really the ultimate babyface. My God. He should have just killed that dumb ass hippie bitch that was so intent on fighting even though she was aware there were NUCLEAR WEAPONS that could potentially explode and kill her.
Aug 6, 2020 9:22 AM
Jul 2017
frequency15k said:
holy shit that was intense

Totally. One of the best episodes so far. Glad too as it was dragging for a while.
Sep 27, 2020 11:00 PM

Sep 2014
Easily the best episode in the entire series so far
The build up was super intense and it didn't leave it on a cliff hanger either

Good to see too that they don't pull any punches in displaying how truly terrible and loathsome nuclear weapons are
Jan 5, 2021 1:53 PM

Aug 2017
Seeing Diana and Kiehl in identical costumes next to each other highlighted their skin color difference a bit more

"Sochie kancho" :D

Oh, and I think it was the first time "Zaku" was pronounced - by those hippies.

I find it kinda bizarre that captain Zenoa was apparently the only guy without a normal suit who was working with the bombs.

Well, Gavein was definitely destined to die...unless there's some magical way he found to escape only to reappear later (of course not, we ain't doing such things in Gundam). In any case, this episode was great - in particular the music choice enhanced the "weight" of the battle.

P.S. Cool way to show Loran landing by squeashing his "character bubble"

P.P.S. Pretty sure that one of the scenes involving Sochie in the preview of this ep. from ep. 26 did not make it into the actual episode.

P.P.P.S. I find it incredibly ironic that hippies were the ones who couldn't understand the danger of the nuclear weaponry.
St0rmbladeJan 5, 2021 2:13 PM
Jan 18, 2021 9:16 PM

Nov 2012
Gavane sure went out with a bang

The stakes have certainly risen and now I'm wondering if things will speed up pacing wise? I been rather enjoying the slow methodical approach Turn A has had so far.
Dec 13, 2021 12:28 AM

Oct 2013
Damn, I didn't expect shit going this hard. Gavane seems pretty dead to me, but we can never be sure. Anyway, really good episode. The slow pacing of the series is paying off.
Aug 16, 2022 9:54 PM
Sep 2017
Goosebump.

While the earthling don't know what happened, the moonrace figure out what's.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2023 8:02 PM

May 2019
Really intense episode with the mech-fights and lastly the massive blast of nuclear bombs explosion. Daylight in Midnight is a really great title. Gavane might not be survived this time. I'm not sure why he wanted to hold all the bombs with him wtf. And we get Dianna Dopplelganger all in one room. Ah, Harry must be very happy for the promotion and he definitely blushed there for a second. Definitely one of the best episodes by far. This a really strong message for not messing with nukes.

Nov 23, 2023 2:06 AM

Jul 2017
This was an awesome, extremely intense episode, i was glued to the screen.
Too bad gavane died in this awful way, i'm so sad for him and sochie.
I love how this show tries to spread a strong anti-nuke message, definitely a good thing.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 29 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Sep 18, 2012

17 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 5, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 7 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

21 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

19 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 4 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

24 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

23 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.