Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 20, 2012 7:29 AM

Mar 2012
...People post reviews for anime having watched 1 or 2 episodes out of x. Look, we don't care if you want to have a 'helpful review', you're not getting it. What useful things could you possibly have to say about it after one episode that we couldn't derive ourselves...wait for the series to develop like the rest of us.

So I was thinking that here you can just post things that annoy you, whether that's about people on MAL, the anime industry in general or just things in life.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 20, 2012 8:06 AM

Sep 2008
I don't care about peoples reviews.
Apr 20, 2012 8:09 AM

Apr 2012
That's why I don't read reviews.
Apr 20, 2012 8:10 AM

May 2011
Don't you hate it when... people start new topics with retarded title?

^

That's was what I thought you would be asking.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Apr 20, 2012 8:53 AM

Dec 2010
"Oh look! we're critiques now. We're too good to blog about an anime, sow e'll clutter the hell out of the reviews and generally be uninsightful as fuck."

Also, the only thing that can possibly annoy me on MAL is threads that end in '...' while virtuo trailing off, not even finishing the entire statement. Like this one.

Annoyed index: Pretty fucking annoyed.
Apr 20, 2012 9:21 AM
Mar 2010
Karhu said:

And no, usually each anime has 182081220282083 reviews, so the few people who've only seen 1-2 don't bother me because I'll just go to the next.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Apr 20, 2012 9:49 AM

Aug 2009
Paradoxine said:
...People post reviews for anime having watched 1 or 2 episodes out of x. Look, we don't care if you want to have a 'helpful review', you're not getting it. What useful things could you possibly have to say about it after one episode that we couldn't derive ourselves...wait for the series to develop like the rest of us.

So I was thinking that here you can just post things that annoy you, whether that's about people on MAL, the anime industry in general or just things in life.

THose people are just douchbags trying to be first to write a review.Yes I do hate it.Many other people hate it.There is no legitimate reason what so ever to write a review when 2 out of 12 episodes have aired. This is not the first time this issue has been brought up,so I suspect the mods do not have a way of locking the review section of a series until its mostly finished.
Apr 20, 2012 10:40 AM

Oct 2010
^ All of them? Usually one may have chose to make a review that soon because they intend it to be merely preliminary, to guide people on giving the show a try or not. And then there are those who drop the show and explain the reasons in there.

I don't deny there's some sort of Internet penis fight regarding reviews of new anime, but in my opinion dismissing every early review as a sample of this attitude and intentions is as silly as the criticized behaviour.
Apr 20, 2012 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
Automatically vote unhelpful every time.
Apr 20, 2012 11:08 AM

Mar 2012
jal90 said:
^ All of them? Usually one may have chose to make a review that soon because they intend it to be merely preliminary, to guide people on giving the show a try or not. And then there are those who drop the show and explain the reasons in there.

I don't deny there's some sort of Internet penis fight regarding reviews of new anime, but in my opinion dismissing every early review as a sample of this attitude and intentions is as silly as the criticized behaviour.

I agree with all of this. I don't see anything wrong with giving people a quick summary of what to expect after the first few episodes, to help them decide whether or not they should pick up the show.

sleeplesstown said:

Oh, you're one of those guys.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 20, 2012 11:11 AM

Jan 2008
Ah, this thread again.

Lately, I've only been checking out 5camp's reviews for those new anime with only 1~3 episodes out. They're quite humorous. Usually ignore the rest, though I recall seeing one with something like "It's very good, I won't say anything else for now". I don't remember which show it was.
Apr 20, 2012 11:13 AM

Mar 2012
Paul said:
Ah, this thread again.

Ah, the first classic 'this thread again' post. Which makes this the first post pointing that out. Post-ception.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 20, 2012 11:15 AM

Jan 2008
JoshSalas said:
Paul said:
Ah, this thread again.

Ah, the first classic 'this thread again' post. Which makes this the first post pointing that out. Post-ception.

Posted before finishing. Was trying to click the review section for the person's user name and somehow posted instead. Lol.
Apr 20, 2012 11:25 AM

Mar 2012
Paul said:
JoshSalas said:
Paul said:
Ah, this thread again.

Posted before finishing. Was trying to click the review section for the person's user name and somehow posted instead. Lol.

I see that now lol, oops. I plan to try my hand at anime reviewing over the summer, we'll see how that goes.

I think the review you were thinking of is Fate/Zero 2nd Season, or at least there is a review like that there.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 20, 2012 11:32 AM
Jul 2018

lol
Apr 20, 2012 11:33 AM

Mar 2012
Fuckin' Kyubey.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 20, 2012 11:36 AM

Jan 2008
Ah yes, that's the one.
Apr 20, 2012 11:44 AM

May 2011
mylovelyfate said:
Karhu said:

And no, usually each anime has 182081220282083 reviews, so the few people who've only seen 1-2 don't bother me because I'll just go to the next.
Are you just playing dumb or are didn't you seriously get what I said?

Read the whole thing,
Karhu said:

^

That's was what I thought you would be asking.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Apr 20, 2012 12:18 PM

Apr 2011
It's FTW.
Apr 20, 2012 12:31 PM

Aug 2007
I always mark those not helpful.
Apr 20, 2012 12:36 PM

Oct 2009
sleeplesstown said:
Apr 20, 2012 1:22 PM

Apr 2011
JoshSalas said:

I don't see anything wrong with giving people a quick summary of what to expect after the first few episodes, to help them decide whether or not they should pick up the show.

Fair point and I agree. It's like a heads up.

But I guess it comes down to the quality of their review regarding their initial thoughts. Giving us actual insight on what the show is trying to be and a prediction of where they think it is heading with some analysis as to why. Not just some "its soooo good you gotta check it out yadda yadda" Though, I'm not expecting anything professional, I'd be satisfied with a little more depth to it.
Apr 20, 2012 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
sleeplesstown said:
Apr 20, 2012 3:22 PM
May 2010
sleeplesstown said:

This, although there are exceptions when the early review manages to be hilarious.

IMO first impressions or predictions belong in the series's forum.
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
Apr 21, 2012 2:40 AM

Mar 2011
There's a club for it you know http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=26244
Apr 21, 2012 2:44 AM

Dec 2008
GloriousHawk said:

But I guess it comes down to the quality of their review regarding their initial thoughts.

I'm in the kind of person who'll drop an anime if I'm not impressed by the first few episodes, even if I've been told it gets progressively better. Yes, I'm easily bored, fail to impress me early and I'll move onto something else. For the most part I ignore reviews based on only the first few episodes, but sometimes if the review shows that the person was hooked from the get-go, then I may be inclined to give the anime a shot.
Apr 21, 2012 3:28 AM

Apr 2012
I usually check reviews AFTER I see the anime. Then I'm like "HOW? WHY SO LOW?" or "HUH? THAT DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN IN THE ANIME DAFUQ?". I'm quite stupid on ratings, because I enjoy everything.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 21, 2012 8:20 AM
Mar 2010
Karhu said:
mylovelyfate said:
Karhu said:

Are you just playing dumb or are didn't you seriously get what I said?

No, I quoted you because that's what I thought too; not because I was 'playing dumb'. Then I answered the guys question, so my statement had nothing to do with what you said.
mylovelyfateApr 21, 2012 8:47 AM

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Apr 21, 2012 6:55 PM
Dec 2011
Censorship. I just saved the source code of the Kodomo no Jikan page on TvTropes (not HTML, whatever the site uses for editing) as a tribute to it, seeing as the mods deleted the (rather long) page in the name of being censoring fuckwits. About a year ago, I got permabanned from TvTropes because I supported a loli-centric Harry Potter fanfiction and had the audacity to make the page neutral (oh, and that one is gone too, though Dance In The Vampire Bund is there, so I guess the general rule is that if you're rich and buy advertising, TvTropes will not fuck with you, but if you're not paying them, they're going to cencor you). A bit before that, I got not just banned, but had all trace of my existance deleted from The Escapist. They deleted my entire account to cover up the fact they wanted me gone. Why? Because I was against their rule against any and all lolicon related things, as well as several other fourm rules. Censorship pisses me off. Sorry for getting ranty, but I'm still pissed.
Apr 24, 2012 7:54 PM

Jan 2007
I remember a time when there were barely any Reviews at all....that was like 5 years ago...I and a small group of others were dedicated to writing full hearted reviews, but alas many of us slowly lost interest as new fags came on to this site creating crappy Weeaboo bias reviews of their favorite crappy mainstream Anime.....now when I see reviews I think those Weeaboo bastards are just trying to win a shouting game of who can write the most reviews....

Apr 25, 2012 3:10 AM

Apr 2012
OtakuFreak said:
I remember a time when there were barely any Reviews at all....that was like 5 years ago...I and a small group of others were dedicated to writing full hearted reviews, but alas many of us slowly lost interest as new fags came on to this site creating crappy Weeaboo bias reviews of their favorite crappy mainstream Anime.....now when I see reviews I think those Weeaboo bastards are just trying to win a shouting game of who can write the most reviews....

WHY? Why did they make it PUBLIC? IMO even without everything getting reviewed it was a LOT better if only admins or really OLD members could do that.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 25, 2012 6:46 AM

Jul 2009
HG131 said:
Censorship. I just saved the source code of the Kodomo no Jikan page on TvTropes (not HTML, whatever the site uses for editing) as a tribute to it, seeing as the mods deleted the (rather long) page in the name of being censoring fuckwits. About a year ago, I got permabanned from TvTropes because I supported a loli-centric Harry Potter fanfiction and had the audacity to make the page neutral (oh, and that one is gone too, though Dance In The Vampire Bund is there, so I guess the general rule is that if you're rich and buy advertising, TvTropes will not fuck with you, but if you're not paying them, they're going to cencor you). A bit before that, I got not just banned, but had all trace of my existance deleted from The Escapist. They deleted my entire account to cover up the fact they wanted me gone. Why? Because I was against their rule against any and all lolicon related things, as well as several other fourm rules. Censorship pisses me off. Sorry for getting ranty, but I'm still pissed.

I think this is good enough to make a whole new thread for. Thanks for bringing it up, I can't help but feel rage for this censorship under the excuse of morality. I don't think I'll be able to browse Tvtropes again without being reminded of this. What did you write about on The Escapist, by the way?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.