Forum Settings
Forums

Production Studio of Little Busters! Anime is J.C. Staff

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2012 2:40 AM

Jun 2009
nextday said:
dtshyk said:
J.C. Staff

Looks like the Little Busters! anime came to end before it even began.

so true....
Apr 7, 2012 2:49 AM

May 2008
ooking at the overall picture Its going to be tough for the staff that was enlisted by Jc staff to make it a "good" adaptation, LB! is such a difficult concept that sometimes I myself think maybe its better than its not animated.

Unless the staff KNOWS LB! and played the game, read the novel and all and understand the whole concept of LB! then it might be okay..

Im just scared that they will f*ck up the image of Little Busters! so with Key just for the sake of having Little Busters animated.
Apr 7, 2012 2:52 AM

Dec 2007
Not sure what the problem everyone is having is honestly. Now I may not be completely familiar with all the original works their anime have been for, but many have been good regardless. Like Hayate, Nodame, Honey and Clover, and Utena. Although, they were involved in, whats my opinion of, the worst adaptation ever, Tsukihime. But really they have a long history that's not soley bad so there's no saying it's doomed already.

And too be honest I was hoping it wouldn't be Kyoani after the stunt they pulled at the end of Clannad After Story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2012 2:52 AM

Dec 2007
You gotta be kidding me...
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Apr 7, 2012 2:53 AM

Dec 2010
dtshyk said:
Staff
Director: Yamakawa Yoshiki
Series Composition: Shimada Michiru ("Shugo Chara!", "Jewelpet Tinkle")

Who are these people?
Apr 7, 2012 2:55 AM

Aug 2010
Aha...aha...AHAHAHAHA!

Oh man this was golden...

Now I'm looking forward to it even more, just how much can they mess this up?
Apr 7, 2012 2:56 AM

Dec 2007
Don't get what is with all the hate, at least give them a chance.

Simplest way to put it to those who don't like this: Just go play the original visual novel...
SarvisonApr 7, 2012 3:08 AM
Apr 7, 2012 2:59 AM
Jun 2011
I already bought my ticket to japan. Im just happy i read the VN, so if the anime turns out to be crap at least i now the original story....

Also what the hell is with the staff, i can only see this going bad....
Apr 7, 2012 3:04 AM

May 2011
So it's them again. Hoping this won't turned bad.
Apr 7, 2012 3:04 AM

May 2008
Sarvison said:

Simplest way to put it to those who don't like this: Just go read the original visual novel...

You mean play the original visual novel.
Apr 7, 2012 3:06 AM

Jun 2010
FUCK. That's all I have to say.
Apr 7, 2012 3:08 AM

Dec 2007
Fabrice said:
Sarvison said:

Simplest way to put it to those who don't like this: Just go read the original visual novel...

Yea, I meant that.
Apr 7, 2012 3:10 AM

Oct 2008
And here I was crying that it seemed unlikely to be KyoAni. I would literally take anything else over this. Except maybe DEEN.

This seems suspicious though, one minute they were saying they were turning down everyone because they only wanted KyoAni.. and now this? Must be a troll. Definitely. There's no way this is real, right? Ha. Hahahaha.

;_;
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Apr 7, 2012 3:19 AM

Jan 2011
my heart died
Mar 2011
One theme I'm reading between the lines when looking at the staff (director, series composer) is that they've worked largely on long series. So there's a good chance it will get 52 episodes.

Whether those are 52 good episodes remains to be seen, but on the other hand there's no name for storyboard yet; if Key is directly in charge of that it may make a big difference.
Aug 2009
I've been waiting for so long, and when it finally is confirmed; no KyoAni?!

Not that J.C is bad, but I think KyoAni would do a better job on this one...
Apr 7, 2012 3:25 AM

Mar 2007
haven't read the VN. since J.C.Staff is doing this, i'll probably watch it.

i mean they do butcher a lot of adaptations, but they're not THAT bad. aside from Yumekui Merry, i think.

i hope the VA's are good. 90% chance of rie and around 50% of okamoto.
Apr 7, 2012 3:27 AM

Jun 2011
Fuck i was hoping PA Works got this. J.C Staff sucks at making adaptation. Hoping some miracle happens and they replaced J.C.

P.S. FUCK THIS SHIT SERIOUSLY
ArcanaTraceApr 7, 2012 3:55 AM
Apr 7, 2012 3:39 AM

May 2008
* Get awake
* Read everywhere Production Studio is gonna be J.C. Staff for Little Busters!

Oh look, this must be a really, REALLY bad dream...
Let's get back to sleep and hope it'll turn out to be a bad dream...

* Sleepzzz

No but seriously, what the fuck are they doing? First turning every company down, and now let J.C. Staff handle this?
- CR Translator

Anime is Love. Anime is Life.
Apr 7, 2012 3:40 AM

Jul 2011
GaZsTiC said:
Fabrice said:
Sarvison said:

Read. Play. Same difference.

They pretty much are with Visual Novels
Apr 7, 2012 3:43 AM
Feb 2011
Phlebas said:
So there's a good chance it will get 52 episodes.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Nope.
Apr 7, 2012 3:46 AM

Jul 2008
I'm gonna give J.C.Staff the benefit of a doubt.
I'm disappointed that it isn't KyoAni doing it,
but I have nothing against J.C.Staff.

If they follow the VN faithfully,
all will be well. I can only pray now that they do.

J.C. staff isn't bad with animation anyway.
If they let KEY handle stuff like script and storyboard.
It may end up almost as good as KyoAni is doing it.

Everyone is jumping too much into conclusion that because J.C. staff is doing it. It's gonna end up badly. It hasn't even started it. Give them a chance at least. And when the time comes and they actually ruin it. We can all go to Japan, go to J.C. staff and burn their offices. I'll pay for the trip lol
alpha69Apr 7, 2012 3:51 AM
Apr 7, 2012 3:48 AM

Apr 2010
That's ridiculous, most bad shows associated with J.C. Staff were bad sources to begin with. This is the same bullshit as with Mysterious Girlfiend X and Hoods, as if giving it to the creators of Manyuu Hichenko would somehow turn it into a mindless boob anime.

It's not like J.C. Staff is particularly infamous for turning the genius comedy of the Kill Me Baby manga into a generic unfunny series, or butchering Hidan no Aria and making a generic Shana-clone out of it.

They aren't as fortunate as KyoAni, or Gainax, to have the ability to always cherry-pick from the best of the best material based on their fame, but when they get lucky enough to get their hands on something decent, like Toradora, or Index, they do justice to it.
Apr 7, 2012 3:54 AM
Oct 2010
whats so bad with them?
arent they the ones who made toradora and bakuman?
Apr 7, 2012 3:57 AM

Apr 2010
Gikari said:
Oh God. And here I was hoping for another Key's masterpiece adaptation.
It could have been worse, I guess. At least it's not Studio DEEN.
*sigh*

I guess you haven't seen the first episode of Sankarea yet. :P
Apr 7, 2012 3:58 AM
Jun 2011
duh, J.C Staff is not that bad, just when they make a show or adaptation, they never managed to set the mood or atmosphere right. I'm very disappointed that KyoAni is not doing this.Also, JC's adaptation, most of the time they skip many minor details, but this details that they're skipping is actually essential for building the whole show. Little Busters+ecchi scenes = Oh god no
Apr 7, 2012 4:08 AM
Feb 2011
Alterego-X said:
Gikari said:
*sigh*

> DEEN is doing 3 shows this seaon
> implying that quality won't turn to crap at episode 5-6

I agree that JC Staff isn't the worst choice. It could have been worse (e.g. Asread, ZEXCS, XEBEC, Bee Train, DEEN, Daume).
Apr 7, 2012 4:14 AM
Aug 2011
Please don't you disappoint me J.C Staff

I WILL loose my faith in you forever if you mess up this masterpiece.

*gulp*
Apr 7, 2012 4:15 AM

Apr 2010
Dark_Pride said:
Alterego-X said:
Gikari said:
*sigh*

> DEEN is doing 3 shows this seaon
> implying that quality won't turn to crap at episode 5-6

The animation quality is one thing. The fact that it has good directing and, improved narrative compared to the manga, is something entirely different.

The point is, that both DEEN, and J.C. Staff, are getting irrational amout of flak for usually picking bad source stories for animation, but disguised as a claim about their inherent animating/directing ability.
Apr 7, 2012 4:27 AM

Jan 2012
OH god no! They better make a good adaptation, since covering all the routes while still in common route is not easy. not forgetting the transition from rin2 to refrain...sigh...
Apr 7, 2012 4:35 AM

Jul 2008
If they announce that it'll only run for two seasons. I'd be worried.
If they announce that it'll only run for one season. ALL HOPE IS LOST

This should, at the very least, run for 3 seasons. The ideal is 4 seasons, or maybe even more. They can do the common route and all the other required routes first then have Refrain and EX routes next.

I can only hope now.
Apr 7, 2012 4:38 AM

Apr 2010
alpha69 said:

This should, at the very least, run for 3 seasons. The ideal is 4 seasons, or maybe even more. They can do the common route and all the other required routes first then have Refrain and EX routes next.

I can only hope now.

Then J.C. Staff is good news for you, because they are a lot more well-known for long-running series than KyoAni or P.A. Works.
Apr 7, 2012 4:40 AM
Dec 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Apr 7, 2012 4:45 AM
Dec 2007
Alterego-X said:
alpha69 said:

I can only hope now.

Then J.C. Staff is good news for you, because they are a lot more well-known for long-running series than KyoAni or P.A. Works.
They also have a lot more failed Visual Novel adaptations than they do too.

Apr 7, 2012 4:48 AM

Oct 2009
alpha69 said:

I can only hope now.

Really WHAT? 3 SEASONS? and ruin the atmosphere?!?!? A good studio could produce this masterpiece in just a season[24 eps] with refrain[13] or two seasons altogether..
my god... really... a slice of life is good and all but 3 seasons is pushing it...
Apr 7, 2012 4:48 AM
Sep 2011
Why god, why would you do this to us.

All my hopes and dreams = ruined.
Apr 7, 2012 4:51 AM

Jul 2008
hzrinv said:
alpha69 said:

I can only hope now.

A good studio could produce this masterpiece in just a season[24 eps] with refrain[13]

That's 3 seasons for you. Just like I said.
Oh and... a season is 12-13 eps. 2 seasons is 24-25.
I'm pretty sure Winter 2012 anime season lasted 12-13 weeks
Apr 7, 2012 4:58 AM

Oct 2009
alpha69 said:
hzrinv said:
alpha69 said:

I can only hope now.

A good studio could produce this masterpiece in just a season[24 eps] with refrain[13]

ahh humu but I think I meant they should just make this a 24-25 ep title plus the refrain route
Apr 7, 2012 5:00 AM

Apr 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Alterego-X said:

They also have a lot more failed Visual Novel adaptations than they do too.

That's quite a big feat, to have "a lot more" failed visual novels than P.A., when you have a single VN adaptation ever made, while P.A. has two VN-related works, neither of which are adaptations, strictly speaking.
Apr 7, 2012 5:03 AM

Jul 2008
hzrinv said:
alpha69 said:
hzrinv said:
alpha69 said:

I can only hope now.

ahh humu but I think I meant they should just make this a 24-25 ep title plus the refrain route

that would be fine.
but having more would have them no excuse for leaving out some stuff. like the EX routes. since Saya was shown in the PV KEY released. I assume EX route would be done as well. Of course, those who played EX knows that the EX routes needs refrain be done first or it won't make much sense. Especially Sasami's.
Apr 7, 2012 5:05 AM

Apr 2010
alpha69 said:

What you are talking about is called a "cour". A season is any separate yearly block of programming, that can be 13, 26, 52, or 104 episodes long, as long as it is separated as a season. For example by your logic, Bakuman 3 should be called Bakuman 5+6, because all of it's seasons were 2 cour long.
Apr 7, 2012 5:06 AM

Oct 2009
alpha69 said:
hzrinv said:
alpha69 said:
hzrinv said:
alpha69 said:

I can only hope now.

that would be fine.
but having more would have them no excuse for leaving out some stuff. like the EX routes. since Saya was shown in the PV KEY released. I assume EX route would be done as well. Of course, those who played EX knows that the EX routes needs refrain be done first or it won't make much sense. Especially Sasami's.

I think proper storytelling is just what it needs... clannad and kanon made it into just 26 episodes, with clannad, two seasons and two OVAs...
but with JC Staf... I'm not really expecting much.... :|
Apr 7, 2012 5:07 AM

Apr 2012
Why does everybody hate these JC Staff guys? o.O Wasn't Shakugan no Shana made by them? It got quite high rated by all of you.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 7, 2012 5:13 AM

Oct 2009
Immahnoob said:
Why does everybody hate these JC Staff guys? o.O Wasn't Shakugan no Shana made by them? It got quite high rated by all of you.

it made popular anime... but not exactly slice-of-life/drama masterpieces... well besides Honey and Clover..
And people have been expecting production companies like A1, PA Works and KyoAni who works good with atmosphere and not action
Apr 7, 2012 5:13 AM

Sep 2011
Ketuekigami said:
Not sure what the problem everyone is having is honestly. Now I may not be completely familiar with all the original works their anime have been for, but many have been good regardless. Like Hayate, Nodame, Honey and Clover, and Utena. Although, they were involved in, whats my opinion of, the worst adaptation ever, Tsukihime. But really they have a long history that's not soley bad so there's no saying it's doomed already.

And too be honest I was hoping it wouldn't be Kyoani after the stunt they pulled at the end of Clannad After Story.

That "stunt" they pulled followed the original VN in the best way possible.
Lol@people thinking J.C Staff won't fuck this up.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Apr 7, 2012 5:19 AM

Apr 2012
so bbs rumor is wrong... i was hoping too for a kyoani or pa works but oh well... jc staffs specialize more on visual effects and not the story.. unlike kyoani who specialize more on story... thats why kanon (not the remake) even the art sucked if compared to todays standard still delivered the story very good.

they could have asked silver link (baka to test animation studio) or kyoani subsidy a-1 to do the animation but i think they are on the crunchtime? there's sudden increase in demand too so they want to rush.

on the final note, at least it was not toei who will do the animation or even sunrise.

my only concern is jcstaff cant deliver a story better than kyoani... as how many say, it may fail as one said all vn they have done failed. they are adapting a vn so it may fail too

but remember too. they jcstaff could surprise uswith a quality show to redeem themselves.
Apr 7, 2012 5:25 AM

Jan 2008
hzrinv said:
And people have been expecting production companies like A1, PA Works and KyoAni who works good with atmosphere and not action

A1 and PA are just lame compared to KyoAni, all they do is just try to mimic KyoAni's animation and atmosphere, they are poor man's versions of KyoAni

I was expecting KyoAni and nothing else
Apr 7, 2012 5:25 AM

Feb 2010
Prejudice.

Let them do their work, most of US will just download it for free anyway.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 7, 2012 5:28 AM

Apr 2010
hzrinv said:
Immahnoob said:

it made popular anime... but not exactly slice-of-life/drama masterpieces... well besides Honey and Clover..

So what? J.C. Staff animators can only make good-looking fighting scenes, but if they try doing faces talking in a school classroom, it will look like crap? Or only KyoAni's scriptwriters are able to turn a novel dialogue into an anime script when it isn't a rant about the power of friendship?

Please, realize, that they don't have to MAKE a slice of life masterpiece, just as they didn't MAKE honey and clover either. The masterpiece is already made, they just need to animate it. And they are good at that.
Apr 7, 2012 5:30 AM

Apr 2010
MannyCalavera said:

I was expecting KyoAni and nothing else

Then you were either careless for not realizing that KyoAni is already booked for this year and the next, or ignorant for not knowing that KyoAni never works on two shows at the same time.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Web Manga 'Awajima Hyakkei' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - 1 hour ago

1 by yamiyugi101 »»
29 minutes ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

15 by MichaelJackson »»
2 hours ago

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - Today

2 by notPara »»
Today, 8:28 AM

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
Today, 1:03 AM

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.