Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2012 8:11 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty good show. Kuro is beautiful.
Apr 3, 2012 8:32 PM

Oct 2008
Will watch for Kuroyukihime.

Now need this in HD.
I just hope this doesn't end up being a monster of the week show and I hope it doesn't push the two beautiful girls vying for the bland male button too much either. The general feel of the show and its premise aren't very original (battle royal with bass heavy music), but we'll see how the execute it.

Will watch for Kuroyukihime.
OmniknightApr 3, 2012 8:36 PM
Apr 4, 2012 2:29 AM

Oct 2011
episode one showed some promise, but this one fell kind of flat - just one big long fight scene...hopefully it will pick up next episode...
Apr 4, 2012 5:39 AM

Jan 2008
octal9 said:
episode one showed some promise, but this one fell kind of flat - just one big long fight scene...hopefully it will pick up next episode...

I actually felt Ep 1 had too much dialogue, so it kinda makes up with the second episode being full of action. Probably a reason why they aired them together?
Apr 4, 2012 6:02 AM

Jun 2010
The second episode had more action.
Apr 4, 2012 8:11 AM

Sep 2011
This is already really good.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Apr 4, 2012 12:38 PM
Nov 2010
It looks interesting, I liked the battle, I'll keep watching it...
Apr 4, 2012 12:50 PM
Mar 2012
I was not even planning to watch it. I had really low expectations, but by the end I was suprised.
The fight sceenes ambientation is very interesting.
The only thing I dind't like was the motivation of Haru, seemed to cliche to me.

Loved the pig avatar, so cute :)

Apr 4, 2012 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
Much better than episode one.
All there is to say on my part.
Apr 4, 2012 4:22 PM

Feb 2011
I feel it's nothing special so far, but I'll just keep watching anyway.
Apr 4, 2012 9:13 PM

Feb 2008
When I did read the manga it's was so interesting so is the anime, they pick up some nice voice actors. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 4, 2012 9:17 PM

Oct 2008

VS.

FIGHT! =D

I have no exposure to this series before this anime, but I'm getting a similar feeling from Kuroyukihime that I got from Homura. Foreshadowing of a dark secret past and badass fighting technique (umbrella? =D)
OmniknightApr 4, 2012 9:33 PM
Apr 5, 2012 2:01 AM

Apr 2011
Blackbird said:
When I did read the manga it's was so interesting so is the anime, they pick up some nice voice actors. :D

yeah yeah, me too! I feel the same way :) I read the manga first and watched the anime.. both are likable "FOR ME"..
Apr 5, 2012 3:27 AM

May 2010
Wow,this is as good as I thought.
Apr 5, 2012 5:28 AM

Apr 2011
ahmed_great2005 said:
Wow,this is as good as I thought.

yeah, you should try it :)
Apr 5, 2012 7:44 AM

Jan 2012
Episode 2 seems to actually start the story. The acceleration of the mind to access a game world is an interesting concept. Looking forward to how this series turns out.
Apr 5, 2012 7:49 AM

Apr 2011
AngelClassEsper said:
Episode 2 seems to actually start the story. The acceleration of the mind to access a game world is an interesting concept. Looking forward to how this series turns out.

yeah it is.. it's kind of realistic.. maybe someday... technology can really bring that kind of phenomena..xD
Apr 5, 2012 12:27 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
akira25ysai said:
AngelClassEsper said:

yeah it is.. it's kind of realistic.. maybe someday... technology can really bring that kind of phenomena..xD

Augmented reality will come first. Check Google's new glasses.

Dealing with direct neural connection Matrix style is still something that needs time. Right now the low end of the research is mostly inserting electrodes into monkey brains.... crude and destructive. The high end has some peripheral neural connections but forget for now about anything complex such as VR game.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 5, 2012 3:58 PM
Feb 2012
Pretty good episode. Watched the first 2 episodes together but it's looking pretty good.

Kind of reminded me a little of .Hack//Sign in the sense there both about MMOs.

Liked the idea of it being Virtual Reality though, won't comment on much else for now but I kind of have high hopes for this anime now, I look forward to the next episode.
Apr 5, 2012 5:20 PM

Dec 2011
Sounds nice. And idc what people say about him being a crybaby or anything, Haru is adorable.

Am I the only one who thinks that somethinghime girl acts and looks a lot like Yozora (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)?
Apr 5, 2012 7:37 PM

Apr 2011
kyuubeys said:
Sounds nice. And idc what people say about him being a crybaby or anything, Haru is adorable.

Am I the only one who thinks that somethinghime girl acts and looks a lot like Yozora (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)?

hmmmm, yozora is a tsundere type..I dunno about kuroyukihime :) I've read the manga.. She's not that tsundere I think..xD though they have similarities when it comes to appearance.. both are such a beauty and a hottie..o__O
Apr 5, 2012 10:05 PM

Aug 2011
This kid is literally a carbon copy of Shoe, but fat: He's a pussy, all he does is cry about his shitty life, he's an assfag to his friends, and a hot chick is for some reason interested in him. He went into some gay-ass monologue about how he wanted to change himself. He even has the same seiyuu.

Shit concept. I swear I've seen this before somewhere...

Fat pussy somehow has a hot lady friend already.

I see a retarded love triangle forming already.

Protagonist is fat just to give fatass otaku hope that they'll somehow have a chance with hot women.

And... fucking DROPPED.
Apr 6, 2012 2:16 AM

Apr 2011
DraconisMarch said:
This kid is literally a carbon copy of Shoe, but fat: He's a pussy, all he does is cry about his shitty life, he's an assfag to his friends, and a hot chick is for some reason interested in him. He went into some gay-ass monologue about how he wanted to change himself. He even has the same seiyuu.

Shit concept. I swear I've seen this before somewhere...

Fat pussy somehow has a hot lady friend already.

I see a retarded love triangle forming already.

Protagonist is fat just to give fatass otaku hope that they'll somehow have a chance with hot women.

And... fucking DROPPED.

He's not shitty..so what if he's fat???? You only have seen the pre-air... besides, it's just the beginning... There are plenty of room for improvement... and the anime wasn't made just for those fat otakus to have their hopes raise up to have a chance with hot women...
Apr 6, 2012 2:35 AM
Jun 2008
^
As expected from the guy(DraconisMarch) that hate guilty crown .
I think all he hate is the VA lol
Apr 6, 2012 3:26 AM

May 2010
Same guy who hate two different anime because of its VA's. I really pity those simple-minded people
Apr 6, 2012 4:18 AM

Aug 2011
MorningGlory said:
^
As expected from the guy(DraconisMarch) that hate guilty crown .
I think all he hate is the VA lol
iHeartTsugumi said:
Same guy who hate two different anime because of its VA's. I really pity those simple-minded people
Your theory would work... except that it's wrong. He also plays Ko-chan in Hanasaku Iroha, and I have absolutely no problem with him in there. And Saburou in Ookami-san.

Not his fault he happens to play fucking shit characters.

Sooooo... no. Try again.
Apr 6, 2012 4:33 AM
Jun 2008
Those are only supporting character..

To be honest ,his VA still give me the impression of lolicon lover.He is the VA for Ro-Kyu-Bu! and then he continue his job in C³ .This two loli Anime came out before GC.Its quite funny that he become loli himself lol
I don't understand why just because of Guilty Crown give a bad name to him.

To bad Kuroyukihime isn't loli, but there is a few loli like nico and fire element .
MorningGloryApr 6, 2012 4:41 AM
Apr 6, 2012 5:24 AM

Apr 2011
I agree to what you said..... but to others, they remember his voice as the pathetic loser who always hide and doesn't man up :| man, It's not the VA's fault, kay?! and don't hate Shu either...
Apr 6, 2012 7:15 AM

Aug 2011
akira25ysai said:
I agree to what you said..... but to others, they remember his voice as the pathetic loser who always hide and doesn't man up :| man, It's not the VA's fault, kay?! and don't hate Shu either...
Don't defend the worthless retarded shit characters.
Apr 6, 2012 8:34 AM

Oct 2008
Depends on how they adapt it. I have never read the source material before.
But...

1) NO MONSTER OR VILLAIN OF THE WEEK.
2) Please no melodramatic love triangle... I don't mind that the protagonist is chubby, but I still find it aggravating the idea that the school idol suddenly likes a kid that has no confidence in himself and distances himself from his true friends for no real reason.
3) There must be SOME drawback to losing in the game. Currently, the explanation is that if you lose, you simply lose access to the game... So basically, you go back to what your original situation... There's no reason for him NOT to accept this... It's like asking you if you want to enter into a lottery for free, with no strings attached. Would you say no?
4) Cut down on the tutorial. I think the majority of watchers know that taking damage causes your health bar to decrease...
Apr 6, 2012 8:37 AM

Apr 2011
DraconisMarch said:
akira25ysai said:
Don't defend the worthless retarded shit characters.

They are not worthless retard shit characters... what would the story be if it's only the main characters... It would be boring for sure.....
Apr 6, 2012 8:37 AM

Mar 2012
I think it's not the VA's fault that he gets the loser characters. But i agree about what many viewers are saying, the main guy here is really an ass shit! he 's not just fat, but he also got big head which is not normal. if he's around 5-10 yrs old i think i would agree that he's adorable, but man, he's a high school student already! LOL :D
Apr 6, 2012 9:00 AM
Oct 2010
Kirziga said:
If he's around 5-10 yrs old i think i would agree that he's adorable, but man, he's a high school student already! LOL :D
No, he is 13, so he is a middle school student. Maybe he'll have a growth spurt later... well, who knows? But more than physical growth I'd rather see character development, cause he's a self-centered, self-condescending loser.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 6, 2012 9:42 AM

Aug 2008
I felt that the battle feel somehow flat and random-ish to me.I don't know but I didn't see much potential from this one,maybe it's started because of annoying main protagonist...,moreover talk about its setting.In the first ep it started rather interesting then...they turn that unique setting into some kind of stupid battle game here.So disappointed.

Anyway if this season have more 2-3 awesome shows coming(And I see what's that show now),I didn't mind to dropped this at all.Seriously.
Apr 6, 2012 9:49 AM

Dec 2011
akira25ysai said:
kyuubeys said:

hmmmm, yozora is a tsundere type..I dunno about kuroyukihime :) I've read the manga.. She's not that tsundere I think..xD though they have similarities when it comes to appearance.. both are such a beauty and a hottie..o__O

I wouldn't call Yozora a tsundere, I think Sena is more like a tsundere-type, Yozora is just a little... Sadist, maybe. Probably one of the reasons why I found Kuroyukihime similar do Yozora was her voice. I was a little surprised to see that they don't have the same VA...
Apr 6, 2012 10:59 AM

Apr 2009
Don't you just love how people hate on a series 2 episodes into 24, and whine about dropping it only to come back every episode and bitch about it more? Anyways, I'm enjoying this and looking forward to more, want to see the OP+ED though. I'm quite sure the guy will shape up to become a respectable person, you know bullying can really mess a person's head up.
Apr 6, 2012 11:07 AM

Apr 2011
Persocom said:
Don't you just love how people hate on a series 2 episodes into 24, and whine about dropping it only to come back every episode and bitch about it more? Anyways, I'm enjoying this and looking forward to more, want to see the OP+ED though. I'm quite sure the guy will shape up to become a respectable person, you know bullying can really mess a person's head up.

somehow, reading your comment made me relieved.. you know, I hate it when people looked down on the anime I always anticipate to come or admired...
Apr 6, 2012 2:54 PM

Mar 2012
yeee first win for silver crow.
but this is interesting...a love triangle? possibly..

This anime also has plenty of explanation of the viewers to understand how the burst link works. I didnt have to rewatch any part to understand. Very nicely done sci fi.
I just hope he doesnt win every round which make it boring and too predictable.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Apr 6, 2012 3:47 PM

Aug 2011
Fat Shoe 4 u.

akira25ysai said:
somehow, reading your comment made me relieved.. you know, I hate it when people looked down on the anime I always anticipate to come or admired...
You mean you hate it when people call out shit when you thought it would be good but it's actually bad?
Apr 6, 2012 4:54 PM
Feb 2012
Actually, I find the fact that the main character's some chubby, short, shy and cowardly character a nice change from the skinny ass boring and normal heroes of most anime. Not everyone in the world has a perfect body.
Apr 6, 2012 4:56 PM

Jan 2008
wccanimeclub said:
Actually, I find the fact that the main character's some chubby, short, shy and cowardly character a nice change from the skinny ass boring and normal heroes of most anime. Not everyone in the world has a perfect body.

That would only apply if he wasn't the only "chubby, short, shy and cowardly" character in the series. Everyone else in the show has this "perfect body" you speak of.
Apr 6, 2012 5:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
DraconisMarch said:
when you thought it would be good but it's actually bad?

People have a hard time understanding their opinion holds no value on the Internet.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 6, 2012 7:01 PM

Apr 2011
DraconisMarch said:
Fat Shoe 4 u.

people have their own opinion on each anime.. If that's your opinion, then, I don't really care.. You have your own tastes after all...

But In my case, I like 'Accel Wolrd'.. I LIKE IT
Apr 7, 2012 4:13 AM

Sep 2009
Is it just me or does Chiyuri look very much like Misaka Mikoto?

finisApr 7, 2012 4:20 AM
Apr 7, 2012 4:32 AM

Jun 2010
Kuroyukihime in 720p is sooo.. <3<3<3
Apr 7, 2012 4:33 AM

Apr 2011
-MgZ_ said:
Kuroyukihime in 720p is sooo.. <3<3<3

got that right..^^..
Apr 7, 2012 6:55 AM

Jun 2011
belatkuro said:
I only got it this time why Kurohime said that she was rejected lol despite reading about it last night.
Looking forward to the next episode. Will read the manga meanwhile(novels still not translated fully)

Wait how did the MC 'reject' Kurohime?
Apr 7, 2012 7:05 AM

Apr 2011
onedaysnotice said:
belatkuro said:
I only got it this time why Kurohime said that she was rejected lol despite reading about it last night.
Looking forward to the next episode. Will read the manga meanwhile(novels still not translated fully)

Apr 7, 2012 7:13 AM

Jun 2011
akira25ysai said:
onedaysnotice said:
belatkuro said:

Oh. I gets :D
Apr 7, 2012 7:17 AM

Apr 2011
^ hehehe! Glad I'm able to help..xDD
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 20, 2012

185 by TuanDai »»
Jan 2, 11:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.