Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 3, 2012 10:32 AM

Jun 2007
HikaruIzumi said:
I've never seen anything from SS franchise so I was a little worried when I started with this. Although the Cosmo thing made no sense (you were created in Big Bang so you have you own universe in yourself lolwut), I loved it. The characters look very interesting and I like that they are using older style of design, it makes it look fresh. Also I like the main character, it's a good change compared to other shounens (hyperactive guy aiming to be the very best at whatever is the aim of anime). It was really refreshing to see him argue with everyone about choosing his own path and I had to agree with him. I wonder why he has to be saint. I have no clue what the story will be about but I have high hopes for this. It certainly looks very good so far.

The Cosmo thing take it as Ki in DBZ, Chakra in Naruto, Spirit Pressure (reiatsu) in Bleach, etc...

I think that probably Kouga is Seiya and Saori's son, and that's why his destiny is to become a saint and protect Athena (Saori) like his father did.
Apr 3, 2012 1:38 PM

Sep 2010
Awesome! I haven't seen any Seiya before now. I'm loving that it's like a Mahou Shoujo but with boys. It looks just like Heartcatch and that makes me sooo happy.

I'm loving the art style and animation.
Apr 3, 2012 2:11 PM
Oct 2007
I'm so glad that there is a remake version. I've always wondered about the hype and popularity but simply can't stand watching old series animation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2012 2:30 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
luccide said:
I'm so glad that there is a remake version. I've always wondered about the hype and popularity but simply can't stand watching old series animation.

Try Lost Canvas.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 3, 2012 3:00 PM

Mar 2010
edwarx said:

The Cosmo thing take it as Ki in DBZ, Chakra in Naruto, Spirit Pressure (reiatsu) in Bleach, etc...

I think that probably Kouga is Seiya and Saori's son, and that's why his destiny is to become a saint and protect Athena (Saori) like his father did.

I understand what it is. I'm just saying that the reasoning we were given (you were created by Big Bang so you have a universe in you) makes no sense at all, whereas all of the stuff you mentioned are mental powers, comso is directly said to be connected to one's universe that was created because the big universe was created by Big Bang. Am I really the only one that doesn't see the connection? XD Not that it bothers me, on the contrary I find it hilarious. I've seen/read enough shounen not to take them too seriously.

I thought/felt the same during Kouga's interractions with those two but since no one mentioned it I thought it was silly. Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks that.
Apr 3, 2012 6:13 PM
Oct 2009
HikaruIzumi said:

I understand what it is. I'm just saying that the reasoning we were given (you were created by Big Bang so you have a universe in you) makes no sense at all, whereas all of the stuff you mentioned are mental powers, comso is directly said to be connected to one's universe that was created because the big universe was created by Big Bang. Am I really the only one that doesn't see the connection? XD Not that it bothers me, on the contrary I find it hilarious. I've seen/read enough shounen not to take them too seriously.

Well, there's something poetic (okay, shounen-poetic) in the idea that a whole universe is inside of us, just waiting for an explosion so it can begin an endless expansion. Also pretty creative, if you ask me, as it's not just "magic" or a "mysterious energy source". And it's probably not a new thing either, just check out some self-help books for long enough and similar motivational stuff will pop up.
Apr 3, 2012 7:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
HikaruIzumi said:

The atoms of your body are ejected from supernovas of dead stars, which are themselves formed from past stars/nebulae and ultimately trace your root back to the Big Bang.

The so-called "Inner Universe" is actually quite befitting because the "infinitely" small is analogous to the "infinitely" large (technically not infinite). Not to mention the tremendous force and energy that is held within atomic structures. The idea of the cosmo in SS is like a mini-big bang reactor located within the Saints.

In fact, the Ghost in the Shell SAC ED songs always related to this concept.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 3, 2012 8:52 PM

Oct 2010
wakka9ca said:
HikaruIzumi said:

The atoms of your body are ejected from supernovas of dead stars, which are themselves formed from past stars/nebulae and ultimately trace your root back to the Big Bang.

The so-called "Inner Universe" is actually quite befitting because the "infinitely" small is analogous to the "infinitely" large (technically not infinite). Not to mention the tremendous force and energy that is held within atomic structures. The idea of the cosmo in SS is like a mini-big bang reactor located within the Saints.

In fact, the Ghost in the Shell SAC ED songs always related to this concept.
I am intrigued by all this. So they never run out of power as long as the Universe is there to support them?

Also you know your explanation does seem to give impression each Seiya is super powered Galactus kind of. Well I like that concept anyway.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 4, 2012 1:17 AM

Sep 2010
Nice first episode. I'm new to the franchise since the only SS I watched was The Lost Canvas so does Athena always have purple hair and green eyes?

4/5
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 4, 2012 1:38 AM

Jan 2010
If you liked the original animation (like I did) I have to say that it's clear that this animation is closer to the original than LS. I didn't like the animation in the LS because the characters looked completenly different from the originals (for example Shion, Dohko) so i'm not going to badmouth the animation in this one because it's more loyal to the original...
Apr 4, 2012 4:09 AM

Jan 2011
I never watched the old series in total...but a friend of mine gave me a DVD some time ago with some anime in spanish dub (which I don't understand) and I think it was Saint Seiya. Title was Caballeros del zodiaco or something like that and it were only the first 25 episodes. So i never really got into it right, but seeing that this seems to follow a original story kinda interested me. Unfortunately though the first episode was really boring and I need to watch one or two episodes to possibly change my opinion.
On the other hand it would be a good idea to look for the old series, because I'm really into 70s/80s anime right now like City Hunter or Fist of the North star etc.
Apr 4, 2012 7:39 AM

Jan 2008
Roloko said:
I'm new to the franchise since the only SS I watched was The Lost Canvas so does Athena always have purple hair and green eyes?

Pretty much. It's all about reincarnation in those shows, that's why Tenma and Seiya look alike too.
Apr 4, 2012 7:54 AM

Jun 2009
So much shounen. Watching them fight with these attacks with lolnames feels so fucking shounen. Wouldn't be too interesting if not for the old series, but it feels nostalgic, really nostalgic. Therefore i'm sure gonna continue with it.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 4, 2012 8:05 AM

Oct 2010
Hate the character design :S but i´ll give it a chance xD, is SS after all.
Love the OP :3
Apr 4, 2012 8:11 AM

Jun 2007
HikaruIzumi said:
edwarx said:

The connection I see is that in the original Saint Seiya, the cloths represented constellations, the gold armor Seiya wears is Sagitarius and he previously wore the Pegasus cloth that represented the Pegasus constellation. And you know, constellations are made of stars, stars are present in outer space and all that makes the universe... but afterwards in the series it will be used like just another mental power, it's just Kurumada's trying of making something different mixing the constellation thing and mental powers.
edwarxApr 4, 2012 8:18 AM
Apr 4, 2012 12:32 PM

Apr 2011
Now I've never finished the original SS, but I remember watching it dubbed on TV a few times and from my childhood memories, it was damn cool.

Even though the art is totally Heartcatch Precure, it was still an enjoyable first ep. Nevertheless I expect some awesome stuff from this.
Apr 4, 2012 2:04 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:

Also you know your explanation does seem to give impression each Seiya is super powered Galactus kind of. Well I like that concept anyway.

More or less so, except that the degree each can unlock the power depends on experience.

The gold saints are known to release quantity of energy comparable to a small-scale supernova. Some high-level attacks are similar to black holes and can create sub-dimensions as well.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Apr 4, 2012 4:26 PM

Nov 2008
It was alright. I probably need to watch it again.
Apr 4, 2012 11:23 PM
Sep 2010
Roloko said:
Nice first episode. I'm new to the franchise since the only SS I watched was The Lost Canvas so does Athena always have purple hair and green eyes?

4/5

The original manga had lot of changes done to it in the anime adaption. For example almost all of the Gold Saints in the original manga were blondes except for four of them: Libra Dohko had black hair; changed to reddish/brown in the anime. Shura is naturally black hair, never changed in the anime. Deathmask has silver/grey hair, sort of changed to a purplish/blue color in the anime. And Camus is a red-head but was altered to blue in the anime to go with his cyromancing powers.

The only Gold Saint that naturally kept his blonde hair in the manga to anime was Shaka. They changed everyone else from a blonde to different colors to make them stand out more: Geminis got dark-bluish hair, Aiolos and his younger brother Aiolia got to become light brunettes, Mu and Shion got pink-purple and lime-green hair respectively, same with Aphrodite getting a light cyan hair color.

They also changed Athena's brown hair to purple as well as the general colors of the main Bronze Saints Cloths. In the manga, Ikki has a orange colored Phoenix Cloth and is a Bronze Saint. In the anime, its changed to be mostly blue with maroon, and a bit of orange in it and since he's a few years older then the rest of the main 4, is titled as a Silver Saint. The God/Divine Cloths? All of the Bronze Saints had a gold color (lol) just with wings and more orientation over the Gold Cloths, in the anime? Smartly changed to be colored closer to their original Cloths.
Apr 4, 2012 11:41 PM

Oct 2010
wakka9ca said:
Yumekichi11 said:

More or less so, except that the degree each can unlock the power depends on experience.

The gold saints are known to release quantity of energy comparable to a small-scale supernova. Some high-level attacks are similar to black holes and can create sub-dimensions as well.
Now that is exciting and worth the notion "OVER 9000" compared to many other ones in animes, this series has got to be the one where a lot have that kind of power. Another thing I like of it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 5, 2012 6:49 AM

Feb 2008
i cant really stand the character combat movements. even if its old school it is still annoying.
Apr 5, 2012 4:50 PM
Dec 2007
Pretty strange beginning with an unimpressive animation to say the least (even some wrong cuts and errors from time to time meaning not many people are working on the series and/or management is kind of lax) but at the same time, the Saint Seiya spirit is still there thanks to Umakoshi's amazing contribution (it was even closer to Casshern Sins - directed by Saint Seiya the movies' Yamauchi - than it was to Saint Seiya) and the great OST by Toshihiko Sahashi (that never did any Saint Seiya but is still a very good composer that proved with SEED and DESTINY he can work on follow-up to classic series). Well, I don't know where it'll go from now on but it was at least interesting, not as good as Lost Canvas recently, but still worth the watch.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 7, 2012 1:51 AM

Mar 2012
Echelon said:
So who's subbing this?

HorribleSubs is subbing:
http://horriblesubs.info/
However, they have a bad habit of cutting out the "next episode preview" parts of the episodes they sub.
Apr 7, 2012 7:21 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
AhmedHan said:
Echelon said:
So who's subbing this?

HorribleSubs is subbing:
http://horriblesubs.info/
However, they have a bad habit of cutting out the "next episode preview" parts of the episodes they sub.

Tsuki is subbing it. So you have OP lyrics subtitles now. Episode preview is there too.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Apr 7, 2012 8:43 AM
Mar 2010
It looks like Casshern sins and same voice actor for seiya. :[
Apr 7, 2012 3:27 PM

Jun 2009
King Bradley lol

I never watched the original SS. I think I only watched one or two episodes but that was like years ago >.>

I love the old school feel to this ^-^ I'll probably watch the original once I finish this or when I have time, which ever comes first.
Apr 7, 2012 11:27 PM

Oct 2010
Ahh~ How i've missed this show~

Once i sat down to watch it, it was hit with a rush of notalgia. It took me a while to figure out why the OP was familiar, until i realized it was from the original saint seiya~

Im glad they kept with the same art syle too~ it made it all that more special to me~

I cant wait for the next episode~

Apr 18, 2012 6:57 PM

Jun 2008
MorningGlory said:
This is my first time watching Seiya series.

The art is a bit old but at least the Animation is better than most Anime.

Actually the art reminded me of Casshern Sins. But the costumes are so funny. they look like drag-queens costumes.

Btw am i missing something here because i haven't seen the old series Just asking because we got some bad guy jumping out of nowhere and some saint guy fighting him but no explanation what all those stuff are.
Apr 19, 2012 5:10 PM

Jun 2011
Oh man, this was bad. I don't even know if I can push myself to watch anymore.
Apr 29, 2012 7:49 PM
Aug 2008
Just one thing about Shaina :
Am I the only one who's always astonished at Shaina's beauty whenever she loses her mask ?
Is it some "What is hidden always looks better when revealed"-kind of trick ?
Jun 5, 2012 9:21 PM

Jan 2011
Waaaaaaaaaaa

That opening, that song again, that Seiya, that Ryuseiken!

My holiday is complete!
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Jun 10, 2012 1:39 PM

Jun 2010
Lol, it's not as bad as I thought it would be and so far the story's interesting too. Two things I didn't like: 1) I don't know how old Kouga is, but I wish the designs looked more "mature" than this. The style changed so much! and 2) Those mahou shojo-like jewels..! so funny. They had such cool cloth boxes before, why would they change that?
Aug 22, 2012 9:47 PM

Jun 2012
Why they change box into crystal will for kids they want there sell more! buy it if they put box again no one gona buy if kid buy large box inside cloth of saint suits its heavy for them to wear i remember it that toys not sell much that why they put into crystal gem
it easy to buy for kids and not heavy as box.

Sep 28, 2012 4:34 PM
Sep 2012
i don't like the new version of saint seiya, i think that the new version are for kids and not to the classic fans
Nov 30, 2013 5:29 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, after seeing Saint Seiya - The Lost Canvas I have to say its very disappointing.
Oct 4, 2014 10:33 AM

Jun 2012
So seiya is back to being voiced by furuya? Why did they switch over to morita in the hades chapter then?

Ulquiorra1923 said:
Lol, after seeing Saint Seiya - The Lost Canvas I have to say its very disappointing.
I totally agree with you. im still debating if I want to watch this or not, I dropped it when it first came out, but I heard the spirit of a saint ost and I thought I would give this another chance. So far this is only as good as the original saint seiya.
Sol_OuOct 4, 2014 10:36 AM
Oct 4, 2014 10:38 AM

Nov 2012
Sol_Ou said:
So seiya is back to being voiced by furuya? Why did they switch over to morita in the hades chapter then?

Ulquiorra1923 said:
I totally agree with you. im still debating if I want to watch this or not, I dropped it when it first came out, but I heard the spirit of a saint ost and I thought I would give this another chance. So far this is only as good as the original saint seiya.

the first arc is very mediocre, like silver saints arc in original ss
the second arc 12 temple is very good, better than original imo. until episode 51
and then after that 51~ second season toei just milking ss omega with cool clothes design
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 4, 2014 11:25 AM

Jun 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
Sol_Ou said:

the first arc is very mediocre, like silver saints arc in original ss
the second arc 12 temple is very good, better than original imo. until episode 51
and then after that 51~ second season toei just milking ss omega with cool clothes design
Alright theres no reason for me to marathon this then, I'll just watch it at my leisure.
Mar 19, 2016 6:24 AM
Dec 2014
I hope they diversify attacks in Omega.
Mar 17, 2017 7:31 AM
Oct 2016
Saint seiya omega episode 1 :
Well it was a fine start, koga the new hero is so ignorant but i got to say he got some nerves!
Athena saori kido is so weak like always, saori can't stop getting kidnapped or captured!
Mars is a charismatic villain and i enjoyed the fight with seiya
Oct 22, 2019 4:41 PM
Dec 2017
Great first episode.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 58 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - May 18, 2013

31 by Vindicater »»
Jan 15, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 57 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - May 11, 2013

19 by Vindicater »»
Jan 14, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 56 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - May 4, 2013

24 by Vindicater »»
Jan 13, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 54 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 20, 2013

14 by Vindicater »»
Jan 8, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 53 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 13, 2013

27 by Vindicater »»
Jan 7, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.