Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 »
Mar 15, 2016 10:56 AM

Mar 2010
7/10. I liked the premise and the story itself, it was also entertaining, but characters suddenly started acting really strange in the last few episodes, probably for shock value. It's a shame they went for full gore when the atmosphere had been so good before... Aside from some of the more bizarre deaths, those also destroyed the mood in a very effective way. Anyway, I have to say I didn't notice Mikami = Reiko and if I had, it would have been obvious. I loved that bit with the bird, I remember being suspicious of what it said because who the hell teaches their parrots say things like that, but I attributed it to the general atmosphere of the anime instead of seeing it as a meaningful detail.
Mar 27, 2016 6:22 PM

Mar 2016
I loved it. Everything seemed perfect. Though this is coming from an anime sociopath. BUT WHO CARES! The point is that the blood made it so much more better
Apr 2, 2016 5:29 PM

Nov 2010
Unfortunately, the last eleventh episode and the first half of the 12th episode were a complete and utter train-wreck. I really wish they would've went on with a different, more logical and well written one than this. It definitely hurt the anime really bad for me, I really loved the atmosphere from the first half of the anime, they should've stuck with that.
Apr 6, 2016 7:15 AM

Mar 2014
I liked the gore and certain characters so I gave it a high score.

But if Mei knew all along she could have easily done something to stop it and prevent lots of people dying. Wtf, how is she considered a good character?
Apr 13, 2016 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
orikas said:
WELL THAT WAS UNEXPECTED LAWL MKAY SLEEP TIME.

^I marathoned this entire anime so this is me af.

I can agree that the last two episodes were not as well executed as the previous episodes. You could say the kids were suffering from psychological trauma and that justified the massacre after they all listened to the tape; however, it doesn't really fit with the atmosphere that was set up before the trip. Before the trip, the plot had an air of mystery and a hint of thriller. Reiko being the "extra" was a bit off as well. Then again, the families of class 3 are also affected, so I guess it was okay.

Tbh I was behind Mei the whole time. I hated the twin-tailed girl and I was waiting for the MC to shove her outta the way.

The epilogue was a nice touch. The atmosphere changed into a gentle conversation among friends that went through a lot. I do appreciate that the author did not include any elements of romance because it really didn't have a place in this story.

The CD was a powerful gesture as well. The calamities of Class 3 may continue, but the kids took responsibility and advised the future gen's to be prudent about exposing the "extra."

8/10
Apr 16, 2016 12:11 AM
Apr 2016
Izumi Akazawa's page in the wiki had this"She is the widow mother of Irene Akazawa, the wife of the late Tadashi Hamada, and also the sister-in-law of Hiro Hamada" Now is this from the novel,or is it fake?
May 27, 2016 1:03 AM

Jan 2014
I thought the last two episodes were hilarious, but frankly they didn't fit the series well overall. They also created a heap of unnecessary plot holes and inconsistencies like:

• Why would you even keep the school open after what happened this year?
  • Why did Akazawa hold the Misaki hate speech at dinner, even before she suspected her being the deceased, after they'd been on such good terms in prior episodes?
  • How can the survivors NOT suffer from PTSD?
  • WTF did Mochizuki think he was doing?
  • Was Ms. Mikami/Reiko actually a reiteration of Kouichi's mother?
  • How did glasses guy not only not die, but walk away unscathed, after falling from a second floor balcony?
  • Do the directors of this anime even know how 'fire' works?

Don't even get me started on how for example the whole doll theme was dropped, and how incredibly stupid it was not to include Akazawa in their original tape group, meanwhile telling two random other girls about it just because they were passing by. If Akazawa had known about Misaki's cousin, and the calamity starting in April, that'd been the end of it. I also feel the directors somewhat cheated, by not revealing that Ms. Mikami and Reiko were one and the same person.

7/10 overall for pure entertainment value.

projectfear22 said:
btw does anyone know if the dolls Misaki hangs around are made from plastic or what?

Nope; ceramics. Dolls were traditionally made from porcelain, and if I remember correctly, Misaki mentioned her mother using a small furnace to make them.
LaionidasMay 27, 2016 1:13 AM
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jun 5, 2016 10:11 AM

Jun 2010
Not a bad show, i love the twist and the fact that they gave us a clue with the grandfather.

I still say bullshit that Mei can see dead people through an artificial eye. That shit shouldn't even be connected to her nerves if I'm right.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jun 9, 2016 12:31 PM
May 2016
That was quite the satisfying ending! 9/10 for sure!
Jun 12, 2016 5:28 AM

Apr 2015
I liked this immensely when I first watched it about a year after it aired when I didn't give a fuck about plot inconsistencies. I don't care a whole lot now neither but I've noticed I'm starting to not like shows bollocked on in the same vein...curious if I'll like it as much if I rewatch
Jul 31, 2016 11:43 AM

Oct 2015
even though it was pretty horrific and obviously overrated for me I feel pretty sad that it's over...
I really loved the anime tho!
Jul 31, 2016 11:44 AM

Oct 2015
Laionidas said:

• Why would you even keep the school open after what happened this year?
  • Why did Akazawa hold the Misaki hate speech at dinner, even before she suspected her being the deceased, after they'd been on such good terms in prior episodes?
  • How can the survivors NOT suffer from PTSD?
  • WTF did Mochizuki think he was doing?
  • Was Ms. Mikami/Reiko actually a reiteration of Kouichi's mother?
  • How did glasses guy not only not die, but walk away unscathed, after falling from a second floor balcony?
  • Do the directors of this anime even know how 'fire' works?

projectfear22 said:
btw does anyone know if the dolls Misaki hangs around are made from plastic or what?

Nope; ceramics. Dolls were traditionally made from porcelain, and if I remember correctly, Misaki mentioned her mother using a small furnace to make them.

exactly, I totally agree, especially with the fire point..
Aug 31, 2016 3:24 AM

Jan 2016
Please tell me I wasn't the only one who laughed at the beginning when the students kept randomly dying, and when that burning wood hit Sakakibara and he just shook it off like nothing I just burst out.
I have a sick sense of humour.

Anyway what an Ending! Suddenly, everything makes sense...

8/10
I laughed more in that ending that I should've.
Sep 21, 2016 2:48 PM
Sep 2016
Just finished the series 8/10, too many inconsistencies with the plot and the characters personalities for me to rate it any higher....
BTW, I'm pretty sure it WASN'T Sakakibara who killed Reiko a year and a half prior
Sep 30, 2016 5:17 PM

Jan 2015
Am I the only one who wanted a little bit more of Kouichi x Mei at the end? ;-;
Still that was amazing 10/10 x3
Oct 29, 2016 7:16 PM
Jul 2016
I'm glad they didn't make the dead person the MC, Misaki, or the student president. Also glad they didn't have some bullshit solution that would end the curse forever. A nice happy ending that lets the viewer keep wondering about the future.
Nov 1, 2016 3:36 PM

Jan 2012
I just re-watched this for Halloween purpose. I guess it is the only horror anime there is for a decent plot.

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Nov 1, 2016 7:34 PM
Nov 2016
I do have a question not related to the last episode:

How was Katsumi Matsunaga able to remember Reiko in "Hair Stand"? Is Matsunaga considered "dead" as well because if I recall the memory of a dead person would have been altered, or am I just missing something?
Nov 15, 2016 2:06 AM
Aug 2016
This was so gooooood XD
Nov 26, 2016 7:00 AM

Dec 2012
I wasn't expecting her to be the dead person lol. I mean, when MC's grandpa said "poor [...] and poor Reiko" I thought it was for another reason not this one lol.

ButadonMeitante said:
Please tell me I wasn't the only one who laughed at the beginning when the students kept randomly dying, and when that burning wood hit Sakakibara and he just shook it off like nothing I just burst out.
I have a sick sense of humour.

Don't worry, you aren't alone, haha.
Dec 22, 2016 12:30 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 12 - Stand by Oneself:

The anime is worth a try, BUT don't read this if you haven't finished the anime!

Reiko is the assistant teacher, don't mix up her work with her private life was the fourth rule.

Mei know this all along and do anything about it? and then various students were dead, Why.. just why she does not say anything untill the bitter end (Kouichi will be troubled) but maybe they will come to an answer of how to lift the curse.

All scenes fit together very well Reiko is the Death one, the person in the beginning with the eyes closed was Reiko, not Kouichi mother,the thing that his grandpa says "My poor Reiko" it was she all along, and the bird "why, Why Reiko" "Cheer up, Cheer up" (reiko death), the thing his dad says about live in here a year more that what he know, The Akazawa scene 1 year and a half ago, and the lost memory thing, everything fit together.

But the curse is not lifted, and the nex year will happen the same again, until someone discover how to resolve all of this.

5/5

(I give the series a 9/10)
ArakitoDec 22, 2016 1:00 PM
Dec 23, 2016 1:14 AM

Jun 2016
InefableAtaraxia said:

But the curse is not lifted, and the nex year will happen the same again, until someone discover how to resolve all of this.

\

i think it will not lifted... its impossible.... there is no hint about how to lifted the curse
but there is a prevention... which is in the dvd or cd
Dec 23, 2016 2:28 AM

Nov 2016
TEC_TEC said:
InefableAtaraxia said:

\

i think it will not lifted... its impossible.... there is no hint about how to lifted the curse
Yes, it is indeed a shame, but I suppose that this give room for more history with other characters, from subsequent years or previous ones.

you know if the novels are any good?
Dec 23, 2016 7:38 AM

Jun 2016
InefableAtaraxia said:
TEC_TEC said:
\

Yes, it is indeed a shame, but I suppose that this give room for more history with other characters, from subsequent years or previous ones.

you know if the novels are any good?

the novels is good.. but i prefer the anime

did you know there is a another 2 ?
Dec 29, 2016 3:38 PM
Jan 2016
Overall, good anime, but there's a major plot hole:

WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST LEAVE THE CITY???

After all, it was stated that the curse only happens when inside the area of that city.

And the school should be closed just after the first occurence of calamity, 26 years ago!!!

But, that's the anime logic, so be it...
Jan 11, 2017 1:03 AM
Dec 2016
Yvese said:
Great ep.

Overall, I give the series 8/10.

I would rate it 9/10 if they actually explained the calamity and why/how it happens.

I know I'm years late lol but I just watched this anime and they do explain the calamity. It was because the students of the class from 26 years ago didn't want to admit that their classmate died so the pretended that she was still there in her seat. This welcomed the "Another" to the class because everyone would "accept" them. Chibiki explained this to Mei and Kouichi telling them that he was that class' teacher and he felt like it was all his fault for letting the students believe that their classmate was still alive.
Feb 4, 2017 6:34 AM

Nov 2016
if i'm wrong please correct my mistake but the killer of Reiko was not Kouichi?? if you can watch that scene, you may overidentify with his face.
Feb 8, 2017 9:21 AM

Apr 2016
after a re-watch, i still like the show.
But it is already noticeable that Mei especially at the beginning acts more mysteriously than "normal" girls would do it. But it's anime, and so the mystery part works fine. What I like most about the show.

The end was okay, even if I did't like everything.
8/10
May 2, 2017 8:27 AM

Apr 2015
Decent ending. Almost everyone from the class died and it seems like it'll still happen to the next students in the class.

Welp, time for the ova.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 7, 2017 1:50 AM

Jan 2014
I rewatched after a long time as I forgot the story and damn it was still soo interesting and amazing.
May 20, 2017 3:38 PM
Jan 2016
Just finished the series and after reading a bit of the discussion threads, it looks like I wasn't the only one who didn't knew Reiko = Mikami lol. Probably going to rewatch this series in the future to see what small things I've missed now I know how the plot goes.

8/10 for me
Jun 5, 2017 1:48 PM

Sep 2015
Just gonna say this.

Teshi and Mochi left a recording like Matsunaga did.
BUT WHY THE HELL SHOULD YOU LET THEM DIE WHEN YOU GOT A GODDAMN MEI THAT CAN IDENTIFY THE DEAD ONE IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE (LITERALLY)
JUST WHAAAAAAAAT IS THIS SHOW. WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
3/10 and I'm generous. So bad so good I guess.
Jun 25, 2017 10:31 AM
Jun 2017
I find it amazing how the grandfather had pretty much told us in the middle of the series that she was dead. It's so cool that they put that hint in.
Jun 30, 2017 11:26 PM
Apr 2009
projectfear22 said:
_kaas said:

It's your own fault if you get spoiled by reading a thread discussing the damn episode

ahneeme said:

I'm not going to use spoilers because people who don't want to get spoiled shouldn't be coming in here to read before they finish the episode.

Are both of you that inconsiderate? Sure it's a fact that it's their own fault to get spoiled if they read it before watching the anime but we all went through the experience of being spoiled just cause of curiosity until we learned from that experience and started reading comments after watching. That said it's nice from us who experienced it to at the very least put Spoiler tags and warn, it's not much work but helps a lot.
lol what are you talking about, there is so many things wrong with this post.

why does somebody need to put a spoiler tag in their post in a discussion about the final episode that concludes the entire series
Aug 11, 2017 12:41 PM
Aug 2017
I like how they went out of their way and made reiko's killer look exactly like kouichi just to mess with our heads and yet everyone is just like meh they just look alike

When I first watched reiko's death the first thing that popped into my head is that reiko haven't ever existed and it was rietsuko all along. Reiko was made up by the calamity just like the other things that have been altered by it. and the poor thing had to kill his mother twice. But of course if reiko didn't exist reitsuko wouldn't have died in the first place and this theory dosen't make sense at all but I liked it.

The other theory saying that it was reitsuko that came back to life makes a lot of sense. Although after reading the manga I can clearly tell that this wasn't the case, but it's still much more interesting than the original story. Anyway interpertations of stories are always much more interesting than the actual stories

Another thought: what if kouichi is just a psychopath that killed reiko the first time and when she came back he was just like "lucky me! I get to kill this b**** twice?". Or maybe he found out about the calamity before and blamed her for the death of his mother so he killed her. Mei saw it but since she loves him and she knows he dose not remember anything about it she decided to shut up. He should've remembered it after she was erased but maybe its because he still remembers her second death?

Nonetheless I felt so bad for the way she died the second time _ not that the first time was great_ but I had hoped that at least he would tell her that she is the extra one and she'd have a flashback of her death or something and then she
Would finally accept it and let him kill her. But instead he killed her like he would kill a terrified pig. I don't know how he dares to stand by her grave or think of her as someone close to his heart after what he did. unless ofcourse he's just a psychopath as I mentioned earlier

If they ever plan on making a sequel it would be intresting to see and older version of kouichi and mei handling the curse every year. Mei comes to class to find out who is the extra one and kouichi trys to kill them a few days after. Thier friends try to stop him but they find out about the curse and maybe eventually stop it forever this time. Seriously there is plenty of metrial that they can use to make a sequel or a prequel

If you read all of the above thank you for handling all of my nonsense and my bad english.
Amal_njAug 11, 2017 12:49 PM
Aug 13, 2017 11:17 PM
May 2017
So, I thought that was a pretty satisfactory ending.

I'm sure there were unanswered questions, but I can't think of any.

I still wonder, though. Why was this show set in 1998?
Aug 18, 2017 4:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, what a frightful, eerie and an unexpected turn of events this was! Seriously, I didn't expect it to be Reiko/Mrs Mikami whatsoever as I was under the impression that it ought to be a student from episode 8 or so and onwards. Even though it was hinted earlier by the Grandpa's heartfelt farewells, I didn't manage to figure it out and therefore as a consequence completely ignored it. Nonetheless, it must have been due to the intensity of this show undoubtedly.

Story wise in general, however, Another didn't manage to perform an outstanding job like, for example it's animation in particular did mesmerisingly. First of all, why didn't this school or class get demolished ever since this calamity first begun? Secondly, back to the present timeline, why didn't the school authorities and the government close down the school after first the second victim passed away in the school? Thirdly, why didn't Misaki Mei, the outstanding genius(Hyperbole, do note), inform the class and even Sakakibara in advance and save the lives of all those fallen classmates and avoid the traumatizing event for those who luckily survived? Surely killing Reiko-san in that situation must have been more difficult and excruciating than finishing her off earlier on, no? Last but not least, how are the surviving students not suffering from PTSD and who really is Reiko(Sakakibara's mother or aunt)?
DennLeGamer34 said:
Ok so i just finished watching this anime, but i haven't read the manga yet. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this theory or not but imma put it out there anyway lol. So in the town they live in their memories get altered by the calamity right? In the last episode Sakakibara says to Reiko right before sending her back to death "goodbye mother". Which got me to thinking what is Reiko really was Sakaibara's mother although it is believed that she passed away during child birth. The calamity/town does have the power to alter memories, so wouldn't this be possible? Couldn't Reiko actually be Sakakibara's real mother? Lol i just wanted to get my theory out there and also wanted to see if anyone else had the same theory X) Well if anyone reads this lemme know wat u thinkX) and throw theories at me as well lol.

Seems like a solid theory, if you ask me.

Albeit all that minor but noteworthy issues, Another still flourished and that too exceedingly well. Like I said earlier, story wise of this show was not by any means anything extraordinary or a masterpiece but through the help of its captivating plot lines and intense progression, it pretty much made up for it. Moving on, the animation of this show, on the other hand, was the highlight of the show as its dazzling display further intensified the seriousness of this anime. Simply mesmerizing and mind blowing job! As for the Music Department, there weren't many soundstracks to begin with nor did I particularly love the Op or the ED, I still think it was a job done well enough to keep up with the intensity of this show. Lastly, Character development of this anime felt a little too ordinary and therefore bland. At times, there was no character development whatsoever(first few to middle last episodes) but all of a sudden a steep character development takes place out of the blue(last couple of episodes). For instance, the character of Izumi Akazawa especially really dulls the progression of this story in terms of the character developments. Firstly, she is seen to be getting along with Mei Misaki in one episode but only to end the episode with a deep glare. Moreover, accusing her during the dinner party there, out of nowhere, felt out of place and a forced plot twist. What a letdown! Nonetheless, given the circumstances, you really can't blame her for it but as the strong-willed and decisive person she is portrayed as, she ought to have done better. In the last episode, though, it felt as though more than a mere 8 classmates were killed during the calamity at it's peak but of course I couldn't honestly keep up.

Overall, a fantastic, ominous and mysterious anime with its ups and downs but an anime that deserved its recognitions nevertheless. 8.3/10 to me and therefore I reckon it's a little underrated. I'm not a horror fan, bacause I'm not the type of person who can bear it, so it might be that I just missed out the other flaws of this show but I did catch a handful few of them.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 19, 2017 1:12 AM

May 2013
9/10 overall because, like many others, it didn't click with me that Reiko = Mikami sensei. Like wtf???? lolol. I think it would've been better if we could tell. Why the fuck does she look so different at home VS school?!!?!?! Different hairstyle AND color. Smh.

Great anime, though. You can catch a few hints for the death scenes but most of the time, it remained unpredictable and suspenseful. Loved it. Unlike other anime series labeled as "horror" which is usually just gory, this one actually takes its time like American horror films. Great great great! I can see why it's so highly ranked when ppl have to list best horror anime series :)

I'm glad Kouichi was the one to kill Reiko. He has a right to, as her family member.

I feel bad for Akazawa though :'( she really liked Kouichi ;A; and they would've been so cute together. I can't decide between her or the nurse tbh lol. And maybe Mei-chan, but I prefer the other 2 girls xD

What I didn't understand was why that old lady of the place went crazy and tried to hack Mochi and Teshi. How did that happen???? O____o
So yeah, minus 1 point for being unclear haha.
Sep 22, 2017 11:50 PM

May 2015
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
9/10 overall because, like many others, it didn't click with me that Reiko = Mikami sensei. Like wtf???? lolol. I think it would've been better if we could tell. Why the fuck does she look so different at home VS school?!!?!?! Different hairstyle AND color. Smh.

Great anime, though. You can catch a few hints for the death scenes but most of the time, it remained unpredictable and suspenseful. Loved it. Unlike other anime series labeled as "horror" which is usually just gory, this one actually takes its time like American horror films. Great great great! I can see why it's so highly ranked when ppl have to list best horror anime series :)

I'm glad Kouichi was the one to kill Reiko. He has a right to, as her family member.

I feel bad for Akazawa though :'( she really liked Kouichi ;A; and they would've been so cute together. I can't decide between her or the nurse tbh lol. And maybe Mei-chan, but I prefer the other 2 girls xD

What I didn't understand was why that old lady of the place went crazy and tried to hack Mochi and Teshi. How did that happen???? O____o
So yeah, minus 1 point for being unclear haha.
this is gorier than most Japanese and American horror and I don't see how it was suspenseful when most of the tension was built on flashbacks we'd already seen. if the production were more subtle, the viewer could piece together what was happening as the show was progressing, instead of fully relying on the show handfeeding information back on to the screen.

there were so many plot holes by the end, that the more I think about this show, the more I think it was just a quick-buck production to hype the manga.
if Chibiki was on the sideline, worked alongside Ms.Mikami, and had access to library files, why didn't he speak up sooner? what're the odds he hadn't heard news of a dead coworker or passed up a file while researching the calamity?
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Sep 26, 2017 8:03 AM

Sep 2017
My opinion on this show is that I was kinda confusing to follow the story but I got the main parts and connected the dots through out the show which was fun because it’s like you solving the mystery too! The show was good I gave this a 7/10 though.i still recommend to anyone who loves Horror and Mysetry anime’s!

Oct 8, 2017 5:57 AM
Sep 2017
Well I had thought that Mochizuki was "another"...I didn't expect that Reiko-san was class 3-3's teacher and that she was "another".(・・;)
Oct 14, 2017 1:20 PM

Mar 2016
I KNEW IT!!! THE CHANDELIER FALL AND CRUSHED SOME OF THE STUDENTS!!! Overall an AWESOME anime!!!

(Comment made a year ago)
Nov 10, 2017 6:21 AM
Apr 2014
OMG is there even anyone still alive that could be the extra?

Whaat? there are that many by the car?

Seriously it wasn't Akazawa. So who the fuck is it? Is it Kouichi after all?

It was the teacher!? I really thought about it for a while but didn't think it could be a teacher. I guess that was the scene we've seen of Mei in the beginning of the season.

ok these last few minutes were kinda hard to watch. I really expected one more to die after that just to fuck with people.
Nov 26, 2017 1:29 PM
Oct 2016
They missed a really important part in the stinger. Killing the dead person is a really obvious thing to do, and the only reason they haven't tried it before was because they don't know who the dead person is. Having everyone stick together is good advice, but still not enough. What this year had that made it easier is Misaki's ability to see death. They need her to come back every year and point out who is dead. And try to find experts in the supernatural to end the Calamity permanently. Also, how has nobody tried burning the school down and sending everyone to other nearby schools?
Nov 28, 2017 6:53 AM
Oct 2017
lol'd at the guy escaping the chandelier only to get crushed by a pillar.. which is kinda messed up to laugh about isnt it?

Found this show kinda weak personally, nobody was likable and the mystery pace was weak with a twist that felt a little too out of bounds of the story in a way. but the deaths made the show worth going through in a weird way, they're stupid and over the top and i don't quite get why i enjoy them, but wondering how some student was gonna die next episode was what kept me watching, can't say this show had any other particular draw. the serious levels of violence the last two episodes was fun for sure though
Jan 9, 2018 3:04 AM

Jul 2015
So yeah, I liked it and enjoyed it. Another was a good series for me but I had some doubts, namely:

1. If Mei Misaki can see the colour of death and knew about the Another, why didn't she tell anyone. Why did she wait for so many death to occur?

2. This may sound stupid (or ingenious;) but why didn't the school simply shut down the 9-3 classroom. They could easily have prevented so many deaths. Even sitting down the school isn't a big deal to prevent deaths.

3. Also, it seems wierd that so many deaths are occurring in the same classroom and there is no investigation on part of the school authorities or especially the police.
Didn't parents ever think why their kids in 9-3 keep dying all the time.

Well, these are all the doubts I can remember now. But seriously the anime was tight otherwise, and had enough plot twists to keep my hooked.

“The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?” ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

Feb 20, 2018 4:05 PM

Jun 2013
Yeah... When I finished watching Another I thought the same about the police... Maybe the curse influenced the minds of police, like it happens on people connected to 9-3 classroom. But shut down the cursed classroom could be the solution after all (Another in a nutshell? XD

There's something that I started to think more about when finished to watch it for the second time, it's about Teshigawara the humor maker... I'm the only one who felt so sad for him? Like he always tried to be optimistic and funny in someway, even seeing the death of his classmates (that probably are friends with) and in the last episode
and his last scene he was crying and screaming...

Anyway, that's what I wanted to share about Another... Even if it's in my top favs.
Mar 22, 2018 11:58 AM

Aug 2015
The only character I cared about was Akazawa, cuz she's a cute anime girl. Other than that, this anime was just a trainwreck. 4/10 entertaining but I was losing brain cells from the deaths.
Apr 16, 2018 4:34 PM
Nov 2017
This anime is amazing! Very good animation, sound, story, and so on...
I kinda knew what to expect from it since I saw two other anime that are somewhat similar (that might have been inspired by Another since they aired after it). They are Corpse Party (2013) and Ousama Game The Animation (2017), I recommend them for anyone who likes this type of anime.

I LOVE Another and I regret not having seen it before...
10/10 no doubts
Apr 17, 2018 11:37 PM

Aug 2014
I am sad Akasawa had to die. Overall, I will give this series a 6. Why? Well, you mean to tell me Mei knew all along, during that fucking bloodbath yet did absolutely nothing? She could not tell anyone? I'm sorry, but I hate when these kind of things happen in anime whereby characters know something but refuse to say it till the end when all the damage is done. It's a lousy way to move the plot forward.
AnkylarApr 18, 2018 7:35 AM
Pages (21) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.