Forums

People Who Drop An Anime Right Before It Ends

New
Did you do this before?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 1, 2008 6:19 AM

Oct 2007
ADAWG said:
only loserz drop anime that theyve started. even if u hated it,@ least finish it b4 givin it a low score

1. your english SUX
2. why bother finishing a trully lame or boring anime ? its your time that you're wasting ... not someone elses ... so try and manage it better ;)
3. there are better ones that are waiting for me to watch them ?
Sep 1, 2008 7:24 AM

Aug 2008
ADAWG said:
only loserz drop anime that theyve started. even if u hated it,@ least finish it b4 givin it a low score

So you expect me to waste my time and finish an anime that I don't like?

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 1, 2008 12:04 PM

Oct 2007
He only saw @ 40-50 anime series ... leave him be ... id like to see him with more then 200 ... and see then if he can say the same thing ... that he saw an anime that he trully didnt like and didnt drop it ... for the sake of grading it ...
Sep 1, 2008 2:20 PM

Jul 2007
I've dropped things near the end. Usually because I found out the ending and I hated it. X(

Sep 5, 2008 8:58 PM

Apr 2007
I've only done this twice.

With RomeoxJuliet, I checked out the last few at a blogging site and it dissapointed me, and Heroic Age, I lost my interest before the last battle though I may pick it up again sooner or later.
Sep 5, 2008 9:02 PM

Sep 2008
I haven't dropped an anime ever since I became serious with them.
But it seems kinda crazy to drop something that is about to finish. Dropping at the first few eps is the way to go.
Sep 5, 2008 10:18 PM

Jun 2008
I think this thing happens when an anime doesn't look very good but you hope it will get better after a while. But after you watch lots of episodes you realize it doesn't get better so you drop it or continue because you already saw more that half but you give up right before the end.
I personally did that once (although i saw the few last episodes in the end after a year) with an anime that it wasn't actually bad but the episodes were too many and it was going slow so i stopped 7 episodes before the end because i was watching other more interesting anime at the time and i really didn't felt like watching an episode of that anime.
Sep 5, 2008 10:44 PM

Oct 2007
I had never dropped any series. However, I don't see any problem with ppl dropping series. If the person isn't liking the anime, has to drop for sure, even if it's close to the end.
Sep 5, 2008 11:24 PM

Apr 2007
I've only done it with Chrno Crusade and I just put it on hold first, but then really didn't feel like finishing it ... so dropped it goes. There really isn't a reason beyond that.
Sep 5, 2008 11:38 PM

Aug 2008
TheWestExit said:
Probably just stalled and lost motivation. I've had the last few eps of Kekkaishi and Kaiji on my computer since they were released but I never watched them at the time and haven't really had the urge to watch them to finish it.

Or it could be something where they get close to the end and then they hear the ending's not that good or get spoiled by what it was. I got nearly all the way through True Tears which was pretty decent for a highschool drama romance love triangle anime after the first episode. But after hearing about the direction the ending took I just didn't feel like watching it.

It depends on the person or the anime. For a show like Monster or LotGH I would try to encourage people not to enter that rut because even though those series are great it's easy to fall into that if you take a break.

Edit: Your best bet if you see something like that would be to ask them why they dropped it so late. It'll probably be something along the lines I've described but you never know, could get a pretty unique reason out of 'em.
i remember watching Kaiji first episode the animation was so weird(people's nose's are so distracting)i decided i hated it but kept on watching and i was suprised at how i got use to the animation and the pretty good story.
Sep 6, 2008 9:30 AM

Jun 2007
YEAH, kare kano at ep 25, cause I know ep 26 is just gonna go on about that new character whose face or name i don't remembre anymore.

mushishi at 21, is tehrere something special about 26 or is it just like all the eohter eps. basically you can decide if you wanna continue watching mushishi after watching a couple eps, that's it, I'm pretty sure ep 1 was the best or maybe another ep after that but honestly the boring just wears me down too much.

I wish I did this more cause honestly it wasn't worth finishing like fma, tale of memoeires, just my opinion.

ADAWG said:

hw about I have a life and I have better things to do than watch $hit anime.

I agree with whoever posted, you watch anime cause you enjoy it not b/c you want to watch 5 million shows and go omg I watch so much anime~~ super otaku~ whatever other cpra.
midori-Sep 6, 2008 9:34 AM

今はどんでん返しの時代ではない★너와 함께 했던 일상은
어느샌가 작은 영화속 풍경이되고 ☆
Sep 6, 2008 9:38 AM

Jan 2008
I dropped Denno Coil really far in the series (after the 23 episode). I just couldn't stand the main character anymore, her nosiness and uninteresting personality always forces me to question why I stuck with it in the first place. I guess I kept expecting big things from it, but when it was supposed to be at its peak of emotion my uncaring attitude towards the entire cast showed I did not like the series. It just was not for me.
Sep 6, 2008 10:05 AM

Apr 2008
Man, it's annoying when people do that!
Personal choice, I suppose?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2008 1:10 PM

Jan 2008
i dont get it..................your right there from the ending just finish it

Sep 6, 2008 1:39 PM

Aug 2008
I dropped becuz' i saw the ending, i don't get it, or i get bored of it

I kno......... lousy reasons
.....I'M NOT A PERFECT GIRL.....
Sep 6, 2008 2:15 PM

Apr 2008
I never "drop" anime instead i put in on hold, which for me is basically the same thing ;)
sometimes i feel that the rest of a show is just filler or that its not worth watching.

An example would be Death Note, although i thoroughly enjoyed the first 15 episodes or so, it went downhill from there on. When i got to the second story arc i just couldnt believe that one of my favorite characters would lose to a bunch of loser characters that were thereafter portrayed.. :P

So i dropped it.

sometimes you just want to preserve the best part of a show and if you know the end is not worth watching then you may as wel drop after you watched the prime episodes.l

Sep 11, 2008 9:26 AM
Feb 2008
I will usually watch an anime all the way through unless it is "Un-Watchable", too complicated without good reason. Anything else I have not finished watching I usually put on hold and watch a few episodes now and then to see if I can get interested in it again.

Sep 11, 2008 9:42 AM

Aug 2008
Well so far I did drop anime right before end only once but I guess it's just the first time ;]
I dropped Ichigo 100% at 9/12. I was trying hard but it was impossible to finish.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 11, 2008 9:51 AM

Aug 2007
I have a thing about finishing something.

I have suffered through may a anime because of my vice ^^:

Sep 30, 2008 2:59 AM

Jul 2008
For me, sometimes i drop an anime because it is no longer worth my time or it could be that the anime is just average and I just watching because i have time to spare.

Sep 30, 2008 3:51 AM

Sep 2008
I never do.
Sep 30, 2008 6:08 AM

Mar 2008
Did it 2 times:
Naruto (ep. 16)
Pokemon Advance (don't remember ep.)

Sorry for my English ;)
Sep 30, 2008 6:12 AM

Sep 2007
If I have a few episodes left I'll just finish it but for the most part my drop off point is midway. I try not to drop a show in the beginning, I'll put it on hold.
Sep 30, 2008 6:16 AM

Aug 2008
xxxHolic season 1. Dropped it with about 3 episodes to go...dang!To be honest, i barely understand whats the story about..but still i tried to understand and finish it. End up i could not stand anymore- i dropped it..Xp
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Sep 30, 2008 10:18 AM

Jul 2008
I dropped Operation Sanctuary and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien in the beginning of the last episode. Operation Sanctuary was just too predictable toward the end and I already knew the end of Kimi and didn't like it so I knew it'd be a waste of time to watch it.

Normally I try to finish a series, but sometimes its just too impossible, even though it may take me a year to finish an anime from putting it on hold.
Sep 30, 2008 12:22 PM

Apr 2008
Ben said:
I've only done it with Chrno Crusade and I just put it on hold first, but then really didn't feel like finishing it ... so dropped it goes. There really isn't a reason beyond that.

Oh such a waste. This series has one of the epic endings.

Sep 30, 2008 4:17 PM

Jul 2008
i haven't dropped one yet but there are a few i'm thinking of dropping cuz they're just..well.. boring
Sep 30, 2008 4:27 PM

Jun 2008
Done it with a few animes. Like naruto and bleach.. They just bored me after like 50 or so episodes, and didn't want to push myself watching something that goes on for ages. And some other shows that I watched, but after a bit found horrible and dropped them.
I would rather watch something else then ruin my time and enjoyment.
Sep 30, 2008 5:07 PM

May 2008
Yes, one or two times as I can tell pretty quickly when I am not going to enjoy a show. Recently with Code Geass R2. I had been watching the show out of boredom, but realized it wasn't even entertainingly bad anymore. And plus I picked up a bunch of much better Anime to spend my time on, dropped without a second thought.

Horrible show.
alarmedSep 30, 2008 6:17 PM
Oct 1, 2008 3:19 AM

May 2008
Been tempted to, but never done so. Chocolate Underground makes me want to drop it, but there's only 3 episodes to go. Hopefully there's no others like .hack//Roots that are so bad right from the beginning.
Oct 1, 2008 3:24 AM

Jul 2007
I did that with .hack//Sign. I didn't drop because I wanted to, but because it didn't show anymore on tv. I guess I could try downloading it sometime.
Oct 1, 2008 2:12 PM

Jun 2007
I usually do this because it's been licensed and/or the group I've been following dropped it. Of course, there are always ways to get around this, but the anime in question usually don't deserve the effort.
Oct 1, 2008 2:21 PM

Oct 2006
I have a hard time seeing how it's a waste to drop a show that you aren't enjoying, no matter how far along you are. It's not like completing it is any sort of achievement, and it doesn't get you anything. I usually drop shows early on if I'm not getting into them, but if a show started sucking enough late in the game and I didn't expect it to improve any, I wouldn't have any qualms about not finishing. I may have actually done that a time or two.
Oct 1, 2008 3:52 PM

Jan 2008
I usually put series on hold. . . and then never come back to it. Which I guess is the almost the same thing as dropping it. I don't think I would drop a series towards the end, because I think it would be a waste of my time, but people have their reasons.
Oct 1, 2008 4:15 PM

Jul 2008
Personally i drop it before the first five eps.. but sometimes i just wanna pull out my hair from bordem. Some animes, are just unbearable at times. Lawl, you should see my dropped list xD

-Love is but a binding without the shackles-
Oct 1, 2008 4:31 PM

Nov 2006
i usually dont drop shows after a while, maybe the first episode but other then that i drop ones i put on hold if say i dont feel like watching it anymore or im not interested in watching it anymore or feel like finishing it somewhere along those lines~
Oct 1, 2008 5:02 PM

Dec 2007
I never drop anime or put them on hold (unless, as it is happening, my stock of DVDs runs out and I have to wait to get the last episodes... But I don't set them to On-Hold, I don't interpretate that as... that xD)

For me a series has to be watched completely so you can evaluate its quality. I've been exposed to many anime that I should have dropped at third episode. But as I insisted and continued I ended up liking and found that they were amazing anime. Other times I feel like I should drop it and indeed, there's nothing good about that series. But oh well, it was an experience and I'll not look for similar things to watch any time soon.

And in here I'm not referring to stupid anime, idiot plotlines or horrid animation... For those I can multitask while watching. I have more trouble with really dense anime that is slow paced but still requires concentration... @.@ Sometimes I feel amazing to being able to finish some stuffles and still find them great. xD
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Oct 1, 2008 6:19 PM

Sep 2008
All I can say is some animes aren't worth the time. Sometimes you realize you wasted enough time watching x amount of episodes that you realize you'd rather spend your y amount of time doing/watching something else.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Oct 2, 2008 2:00 AM

Jun 2008
I havent dropped any anim yet, but there are some that I am tempted to do so. If I am so close to the end of it, I probably would finish it. But I usually dont watch something that long if I dont like it or isnt at least interesting.
Oct 3, 2008 6:00 AM

Mar 2008
Yes, I've done that before. Initially, I'd wanted to drop the series but my friend kept telling to keep watching since 'it would get better', but I dropped it in the end.
Click Here !:

Oct 3, 2008 6:20 AM

Sep 2008
I drop anime that are boring, long and repetitive like Bleach for example, and I tried to see what people liked about Naruto and failed. Why do people like Naruto I have no idea.
I also drop anime that are just plain boring and show no sign of improvement. :|
Oct 3, 2008 9:13 AM

Sep 2008
I can usualy tell how bad an anime is gonna be from the first episode. If I don't like the first episode I don't watch the series. not gonna waste my time downloading it, or trying to like it. If you think that you need to watch an entire series to get a scope of it, it's not true. In my mind 2 episodes must stand out in my mind. The First and the Last episodes. If either sucks, then the entire series gets brought down. Because those are your first and last impressions on the series and the ones you remember most.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 3, 2008 9:34 AM

Aug 2008
I am very aware of my own taste of Anime, I can predict whatever there is anything interesting by watching a part of it(depend on the length of it), specially having a lot of serieses to watch, I never drop an Anime that may be good but I am not in the mood for it, Generally, I try to be fair.
Oct 6, 2008 7:05 AM

Sep 2008
It really seems like a waste to drap an anime right before it ends.
Oct 6, 2008 11:50 AM

Jun 2008
I never drop anime but I must say If i drop an anime its because its really bad

volcano00
personal lolicon goddess¡¡
http://www.sambakza.net/peom/tteotta_eng.htm
Oct 16, 2008 10:47 AM

Sep 2008
i've never dropped an anime i've seen on my pc, unless it was on tv when i couldn't have the tv to myself all the time. =]

Oct 16, 2008 10:51 AM
Jul 2008
I have never dropped a single anime. I'll endure it, if it's that bad, but I'll never drop it.
It's my principle.
Oct 16, 2008 10:57 AM

Jun 2008
It's an all or nothing thing for me when it comes to anime. I either watch the whole thing or not at all.

My method for ensuring I don't drop something is checking reviews and ratings of it and if it looks to be my style. Might as well know if I might find something interesting as opposed to uninteresting/bad.
Nov 7, 2008 11:38 AM

Nov 2007
Mai HIME for the longest time.. and then I picked it up again a year later... But thats it.. unless I forgot about the others >.>

Nov 7, 2008 11:44 AM

Oct 2008
i dropped shakugan no shana on episode 20 XD and excel saga on episode 18 i guess i just couldnt handle them anymore... i thought it would get better if i kept watching but it never did so i dropped them XD
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

58 by Lucifrost »»
40 seconds ago

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

16 by Lhundrup »»
2 minutes ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 4 hours ago

17 by Pokitaru »»
4 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Apr 25

78 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
6 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

53 by Shizuna »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.