Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 5, 2012 12:31 PM

Apr 2009
Ashteron said:
Bad.
Motive of Alucard-girl is stupid. I'm not sure but i feel like some of those stupid things weren't in manga like Anderson's vines or arab and kid Alucard scene.

It was all in the manga I can assure you. And what's exactly wrong with Lolicard?
Mar 5, 2012 12:48 PM

Mar 2008
It would be cool if he had Tommy Gun like in The Dawn^^

Mar 9, 2012 12:20 PM
Jan 2012
Great! I want 10 ep now!!!
Mar 9, 2012 12:44 PM

Mar 2012
hi guys want some help here
which version should i download for OVA 9

Sage
or
Damaged Goodz

I want to know which version has better quality and better subs
Thank You
Mar 10, 2012 8:56 PM

Apr 2009
Ah damn it, the long waiting between episodes must have gotten into me, this was still entertaining and interesting but somehow the awesomeness of this series just dropped a bit for me. Maybe I'm getting senile or something... LOL

Anyway I liked that Seras still thanked Walter for everything before she got on her way. Integra is cool as ever, shooting catboy Schrödinger in the head while he was welcoming them was classic and so much win in my book.

I hope I get my groove back or whatever before I watch the last episode next time. T_T
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 14, 2012 7:13 AM

Aug 2009
The major had some pretty good lines on this one.

Alucard's past is revealed. So he was a fighter for god, killing, burning and razing every town he saw, but he lost faith in god and he turned into a vampire. At'least thats how i interpreted it. One thing i love about Hellsing that it doesn't do what most japanese show's do: putting in akward exposition. I'm glad it wasn't thoroughly explained how it happened.

The finale of Alucard vs Anderson was once again done very well. And it was more detailed than in the manga-version so i could once again see what was happening. I almost teared a bit when Anderson kicked the bucket.

Loved Walters entrance. Aaw yeah, i'm a young rebel now. Yumie died, fingers crossed that the mangapages that had Yumie and Heinkel in them will be animated. And it was really nice how they did Yumie's sword attack.

I loved how things are timed differently than you imagined them to be. When Integra shot Schrödinger right after her last word i laughed out loud.

Alucard vs Walter. It was well animated. Just like the last 8 episodes. The part when Luke comes out of Baskerville's stomach was the best. Especially Alucard cocking his gun with his teeth. I wonder that did Walter make Luke throw the knife and shoot Alucard or did Luke do that on his own? I always thought that Walter controlled the dog itself through Luke.

The ending song was pretty ok J-rock about the female-characters of Hellsing. Not as good as the last episodes song, which still plays in my head. "Goes to download the OST"
Mar 14, 2012 7:33 AM

Apr 2009
Shinobinomi said:
I wonder that did Walter make Luke throw the knife and shoot Alucard or did Luke do that on his own? I always thought that Walter controlled the dog itself through Luke.

Luke was basically Walter's puppet, so it's all Walter's doings.
Mar 14, 2012 7:50 AM

Aug 2009
Klimat said:
Shinobinomi said:
I wonder that did Walter make Luke throw the knife and shoot Alucard or did Luke do that on his own? I always thought that Walter controlled the dog itself through Luke.

Luke was basically Walter's puppet, so it's all Walter's doings.

Perhaps so. I started to wonder this because right after Alucard calls Luke an "undigested lump that couldn't even become shit," Luke throws his knife.
Mar 14, 2012 8:01 AM

Apr 2009
Shinobinomi said:
Perhaps so. I started to wonder this because right after Alucard calls Luke an "undigested lump that couldn't even become shit," Luke throws his knife.

The thing is, that knife was not in the manga to begin with =).
Mar 14, 2012 5:12 PM

Sep 2011
Plot and characters are just .. Epic
Mar 18, 2012 9:42 PM

Feb 2009
DAMN!!! I have already seen this OVA like 7 times and my second time writing about it... I think this one is on my top 3 of Ultimate. I keep repeating the fight between Alucard vs Walter, I love how Alucard participates in Walter's little show ("Shape and form have no meaning to me" epic quote) and Alucard's past, which was done so perfectly; the colors, story and music used... it's like one of the best moments I've seen in Ultimate so far. Seeing the things and experiences that Vlad went through, that trigger him to become the human he was in his days to the things that trigger him to become the kind of character we see in the story today... wow beyond words. In my opinion there isn't a greater vampire in fiction than Alucard (sorry Dio).

**** Does anyone know the name of the background song used when they are showing Alucard's past? been trying to find really hard for that track, probably is from an upcoming ost... because I haven't heard it in any Hellsing OST.
Zero_samaMar 18, 2012 10:44 PM
Apr 30, 2012 10:59 AM

Apr 2011
too short imo
May 7, 2012 9:56 PM
Aug 2010
I'm sorry but MAL has to change the rules for anime such as this!

You should NOT be allowed to rate this anime lower than a 10!!!

What can I say that I haven't already said for the previous 8 episodes.

It's perfect, absolutely a masterpiece of an anime in all categories!
May 9, 2012 2:00 PM

Feb 2010
THAT WAS AMAZING.

This show NEVER disappoints me. Ever.

I'm going to have to say that this episode is probably tied for my fave episode in this series... excellent direction & the voice acting was stellar... .annnnd dat ANIMATION!

I had one question (as I have not read the manga, purposely so as not to spoil the ending for me), but why is Alucard "Girlycard" at the end?... why is he a girl? Does he just like taking different forms because "forms mean nothing to him"...?

That's my only confusion. Everything else was laid out pretty clearly.

SOOOO glad I waited for bluray subs.
May 9, 2012 11:11 PM

Apr 2009
MusashiRose said:
I had one question (as I have not read the manga, purposely so as not to spoil the ending for me), but why is Alucard "Girlycard" at the end?... why is he a girl? Does he just like taking different forms because "forms mean nothing to him"...?

Basically, in the manga that was mostly a homage to Hellsing: The Dawn, Alucard was like this for the whole time there and The Dawn manga had been around since forever (if I'm not mistaken, they've released the sixth chapter in November 2006, by that time we already had volume 7 and half of the 8-th one of the main story, the last Alucard vs. Anderson fight). So for the manga readers Girlycard's appearance in Hellsing was not a WTF moment, but mostly a nostalgia scene: Walter went young just like he was in 1944 and so did Alucard. It worked for the manga readers yet not for those only into OVA simply because of the release schedule of the latter, only two chapters of The Dawn has been animated by now and Alucard will only make his appearance in the third one, so it all went backwards here. Also there are occasional Girlycard shots in OVA1 and OVA4, you can spot them if you know what you are looking for.
On the other hand, the first Girlycard's appearance in The Dawn manga itself was a WTF moment at first =). Basically Alucard decided his form should sort well with young Walter's and approached this task with humor, also "forms mean nothing to him".
May 10, 2012 3:34 PM

Apr 2012
When the 10nd OVA is released? and i saw the 2 episodes hellsing the dawn
May 11, 2012 12:57 AM

Feb 2010
Klimat said:
MusashiRose said:

Basically, in the manga that was mostly a homage to Hellsing: The Dawn, Alucard was like this for the whole time there and The Dawn manga had been around since forever (if I'm not mistaken, they've released the sixth chapter in November 2006, by that time we already had volume 7 and half of the 8-th one of the main story, the last Alucard vs. Anderson fight). So for the manga readers Girlycard's appearance in Hellsing was not a WTF moment, but mostly a nostalgia scene: Walter went young just like he was in 1944 and so did Alucard. It worked for the manga readers yet not for those only into OVA simply because of the release schedule of the latter, only two chapters of The Dawn has been animated by now and Alucard will only make his appearance in the third one, so it all went backwards here. Also there are occasional Girlycard shots in OVA1 and OVA4, you can spot them if you know what you are looking for.
On the other hand, the first Girlycard's appearance in The Dawn manga itself was a WTF moment at first =). Basically Alucard decided his form should sort well with young Walter's and approached this task with humor, also "forms mean nothing to him".

THANK YOU. It makes perfect sense... and it is truly bad-ass for him to use that form when he's about to kill Walter/Watch him die - it matches his (Walter's) current form and shows he's kinda paying "homage" to their time spend as "comrades." BITCHSLAP.

Ha.

this show = :D
May 21, 2012 8:26 AM

Apr 2009
Great episode, 5/5

So Turks raped Vlad and he turned into a vampire. That is why I am against child abuse.
May 25, 2012 8:01 AM

Aug 2008
Awesome episode!
Lots of great moments here; when Integra maintained that her orders have not changed, when Seras and Walter were thanking each other, when Anderson died and all the great battles of course. The quality of CG is simply amazing.
May 28, 2012 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
I really liked the ending theme in this episode.

Rest in peace, Father. Lol at Schrodinger. I wonder how this will end.
Jun 6, 2012 9:19 PM

Apr 2012
In real life,Vlad the III was indeed raped by the ottomans.
Jun 9, 2012 5:21 AM

Mar 2009
Pessoa said:
Great episode, 5/5

So Turks raped Vlad and he turned into a vampire. That is why I am against child abuse.

Yup. After getting out of Turkish imprisonment he got back home and impaled his foes (those that were responsible for his father and brother death) and let gravity rape them.

Also I find it funny that Alucard doesn't care for his looks. I saw on wiki that real Vlad used turkish uniforms for his army to infiltrate and attack. It was so good that Turks were killing themselves when Vlad army was long gone from the battlefield.

I love this show. So bloody good.

Should I read manga now after watching Anime and OVA or just skip it?
Jun 12, 2012 3:31 PM

Feb 2009
The fights were amazing! I feel this episode was not as good as previous ones, but it is still on very high standards! My favorite scene was the massacre of those two that went against Walter in the beginning, well despite the fact that that boy's face got blown off by the big gun bag guy before he even tried.

Even if Alucard feels like an unbeatable hellish entity, it still felt like he was in real danger at some points here, Walter was fucking badass.
Jun 14, 2012 6:38 PM

Jul 2009
Kinda disappointed that they didn't change Girlycard's voice ~_~
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 25, 2012 11:15 PM

Dec 2008
I think some mention should be made of Integra's hilariously badass entrance to the mobile Nazi HQ. I guess she is just carved out of stone though.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jun 26, 2012 6:50 PM

May 2008
fedaykin said:
I think some mention should be made of Integra's hilariously badass entrance to the mobile Nazi HQ. I guess she is just carved out of stone though.

Schrodinger went down quickly!
Jul 20, 2012 2:49 PM
Jan 2012
Loved the episode! Especially the part where Alucard was having flashbacks.

Hellsing Ultimate is brilliant, really glad I started watching it.

Can't freaking wait for OVA10!!
Jul 30, 2012 11:31 PM

Feb 2011
Good thing we get to see more of their past . The fight between Walter and Alucard was badasss . Now how I am supposed to wait until 10 will be released ? :(
Aug 14, 2012 10:47 PM

Aug 2010
5/5 the fight between Alucard and Walter was epic. It's the worst time I've seen Alucard get his ass kicked so bad.

We finally got to see a bit of Alucards past. I can't believe he was raped when he was a kid, reminds me of Guts.

Damn I wonder how long it will take for OVA 10 to come out.
Aug 15, 2012 7:12 PM

Feb 2012
Ragna92 said:
5/5 the fight between Alucard and Walter was epic. It's the worst time I've seen Alucard get his ass kicked so bad.

We finally got to see a bit of Alucards past. I can't believe he was raped when he was a kid, reminds me of Guts.

Damn I wonder how long it will take for OVA 10 to come out.

Right can't wait for OVA 10, it needs to hurry up!

Aug 18, 2012 9:24 PM

Jul 2012
I totally agree with you, such a masterpiece. Wonderful episode, I really can't wait for the 10th OVA. Please inform us if you know when it's going to be released.
Aug 30, 2012 2:05 PM

Mar 2010
another epic fight cant waittttttttttttttt
Oct 3, 2012 8:48 AM

Jul 2009
I never ever suspected Walter before this when I read the manga. I need to refresh my knowledge of him with the Hellsing: The Dawn OVA after this.
Nov 2, 2012 12:42 PM

Aug 2009
Okay, I don't even remember most of the previous series' plot by now, where has Walter gone before? I really did not see his treason coming, so it left quite the impact on me. I guess I will never find out what really happened in Warsaw in '44 unless I'll read the manga spin-off.
FemAlucard - thumbs up.
Nov 10, 2012 3:49 PM

Jan 2010
There's always the information in the actual episode togo after. It's not much but you can draw a few conclusions. I also did't see his treason coming, not to mention seeing him as a young man...
Nov 18, 2012 6:27 AM

Mar 2009
This anime is seriously overrated and shallow.
Dec 19, 2012 6:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The fight with Anderson was really something, more impressive and somehow with more meaning than the one with Walter.

I hope there's some kind of flashback in the last OVA to what happened in Warzaw in 1944.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 19, 2012 7:06 AM

Apr 2009
Marzan said:
I hope there's some kind of flashback in the last OVA to what happened in Warzaw in 1944.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/11077/Hellsing:_The_Dawn
Dec 19, 2012 1:11 PM

May 2012
Awesome episode as always, but man so much confusion - Am i supposed to know why Walter betrayed Hellsing Organisation? Is it answered in THE DAWN or will all be revealed in the final episode OVA X? I feel like i'm watching LOST or something xD

I didn't really get Alucard's flashback in the beginning... So, he was apparently raped as a child by a priest(!), cut to him as an adult warlord leading a battle and finally we see him about to beheaded just before he licks some blood off a tree stump... And the Major's there apparently! What did all this mean?
To be honest, i didn't really need to see a flashback about Alucard, i like him better as this mysterious entity.

Just how old is Anderson? When he's saying his final words, Alucard tells him that he should've killed him properly 500 years ago. I think that's what Alucard was referring to.

Also, is one of Alucard's powers that he can instantly change his appearance? He goes from Alucard to Dracula, back to Alucard, then to a The Crow-ish getup and then finally Young Walter in a nurse outfit... Wait, what?!

It's very strange to watch this in Japanese since i'm used to the English voices. That said, the Japanese version is still very good. (Crispin Freeman is sorely missed though)

I feel like the earlier episodes worked better as stand alone episodes because, well, they were much more episodic. It's only the last 6 episodes that seems like one long movie, which is pretty cool. Only catch is that you have to wait a years time to see what happens next! (Unless you read the manga of course) What i'm trying to say is that i cant wait to see how it all ends! Which will be revealed in a few days apparently!!!

metamorphius said:

Oh and, I may be insane but I loled at this:

LOL, yes!
who_dat_ninjaDec 19, 2012 1:31 PM
Dec 19, 2012 11:10 PM

Apr 2009
IcecreamManwich said:
I didn't really get Alucard's flashback in the beginning... So, he was apparently raped as a child by a priest(!), cut to him as an adult warlord leading a battle and finally we see him about to beheaded just before he licks some blood off a tree stump...

I take it you don't know much about historical Dracula. That was not a priest, but some hight-ranked Turk in a turban. About Dracula being in Ottoman captivity an later being a warlord you can read here, this anime assumes you've done your history lessons =).
IcecreamManwich said:
And the Major's there apparently! What did all this mean?

Major was not really there, just another memory from another time. It came to torture Alucard even more as he was already denouncing himself for his losses. As for why in Alucard's mind Major is someone who has a right to judge Dracula in this situation you'll see later.
IcecreamManwich said:
Just how old is Anderson? When he's saying his final words, Alucard tells him that he should've killed him properly 500 years ago. I think that's what Alucard was referring to.

No, Alucard was refering to different people able to defeat him throughout the history: first time he was defeated as a human (historians don't know for sure how exactly Vlad ended, but in Hellsing universe he was captured by Ottomans), second time he was defeated as a vampire by Abraham van Hellsing and his men (read Bram Stoker's book for more), now is the third time.
IcecreamManwich said:
Also, is one of Alucard's powers that he can instantly change his appearance?

Yes.
IcecreamManwich said:
...then finally Young Walter in a nurse outfit... Wait, what?!

That's not a nurse outfit, also he is not exactly mimicing Walter. During The Dawn timeline Walter was a 14-year-old boy, so Alucard was running around in a child form to fit the team. In Hellsing timeline Walter became a child again because of a rushed surgery, so Alucard brought up his old Dawn appearance as a matter of ridicule.
With manga readers were supposed to read the first half of The Dawn before the last volumes of Hellsing, so in Hellsing Alucard's child form was not there to be a surprise, but to be nostalgic. With OVA production schedule it all went backwards sadly.
Dec 20, 2012 1:26 AM

May 2012
Wow, i didnt even know Dracula was based on a real person! My knowledge is based purely on the classic Universal horror films... Which apart from showing Transylvania and meeting van Helsing didn't really explain much xD

I am a history buff though, so all this is very interesting. You truly are the Hellsing expert, Klimat!

(I'll go watch The Dawn now...)
who_dat_ninjaDec 20, 2012 1:49 AM
Jan 4, 2013 4:41 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit, the blood and gore in the second half of the episode. Those strings sure did the damage but too bad going for the heart doesn't work this time around. Walter's a fool tbh and Alucard outsmarted him.
Jan 24, 2013 8:13 PM

Apr 2012
Well that twist with Walter was certainly unexpected; but it led to a nice fight. Both his fight with Alucard and the conclusion to the Anderson fight were both satisfying. An enjoyable episode overall - though now I feel like I really need to go watch The Dawn.
Mar 21, 2013 4:23 PM

Aug 2011
VitaX said:
Good stuff, was waiting for this to happen and it did not disappoint:

I'm confused as to why he randomly shoots him and then gives him first aid.
Mar 22, 2013 1:48 AM

Apr 2009
Radwimp said:

To stop Heinkel from attacking Walter and thus to avoid an unnecessary death of the former.
Mar 30, 2013 2:51 PM

Aug 2011
Klimat said:
Radwimp said:

To stop Heinkel from attacking Walter and thus to avoid an unnecessary death of the former.

Okay, again why does he "randomly" care if he dies or not? They've already caused a lot of unnecessary deaths. And it seemed like the werewolf just wanted to "die in battle." He didn't really seem to care about any of the shit the Major had planned. He could've just went straight to Hellsing's manor and had the same outcome.
RadwimpMar 30, 2013 2:55 PM
Mar 31, 2013 1:14 AM

Apr 2009
Radwimp
Mar 31, 2013 5:43 PM

Aug 2011
Klimat said:
Radwimp

I suppose that makes sense, but at the same time I'm only accepting it because it's an anime. That is we don't have dogs turning into humans in the real world so we have no idea how they would act. Would they have human intelligence? He can clearly make his own decisions, understands human language, yet cannot speak it? Do dogs have consciences? Yeah, going off rambling here, but yeah your explanation makes sense all things considered.
Apr 1, 2013 1:59 AM

Apr 2009
Radwimp
Apr 12, 2013 12:40 AM
Apr 2013
hi,

can u please help me to fing this song, it starts on 23:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2QreGxLWwg (Hellsing OVA 9)?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Apr 22, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollodorus - Jul 23, 2009

176 by LightNoragami1 »»
Feb 21, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.