Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2012 10:50 PM

Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
One of the best episodes so far. They confirmed many of the Jesus theories for Kenshiro by simply stating that he's a savior.

The fights were pretty neat and the conflicted feelings of Yuria really deliver.
Mar 26, 2012 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
D'aww. You can see Shin actually seems to care a lot for Yuria... even if it is in a terribly misguided way.
Aug 17, 2012 4:59 AM

Aug 2011
Finally shit got real. This last 3 or so episodes had been terrible, but this one was pretty good. I find it funny that this is the episode discussion with less posts, when the episode was the best one so far. 5/5
Sep 6, 2012 9:49 PM

Nov 2010
Things are starting to pick up... This is getting good.
Sep 26, 2012 3:23 AM

Sep 2012
I do hope Ken's fights in the future are as good as Shin's.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Jul 15, 2014 12:46 AM

Mar 2012
Well Shin is still an ass for what he did to Ken but at least he isn't completely bad.
Oct 6, 2015 7:40 PM

Oct 2014
The face Joker made was priceless.
Jan 8, 2016 3:55 AM

Oct 2014
I've grown to be pretty endeared to Shin... don't want him to go!
Feb 19, 2016 12:14 AM

Jul 2008
Welp, time to finally destroy Shin.
Nov 9, 2017 12:52 AM

Mar 2010
This and 22 are climax 10/10 episodes, the rebellion was rather unexpected. We could see more of Nanto Seiken in the great fight Balcom vs Shin. Shin cares more than we thought, and Joker vs Kenshiro was also a highlight, although the latter one could have been a tad longer. Really good episode!
Feb 13, 2018 12:29 AM

Oct 2012
I knew it Kenshiro is alive.. yeah sure I は shock! xD

It seems Shin's end is near
Shin just made one big mistake and he have to pay it.. soon
"Signature removed"
Apr 30, 2019 2:06 AM

Mar 2012
Party's over Shin, karma is a bitch.
Dec 23, 2019 9:36 AM

Jul 2015
That subordinate really overestimated his strength, thinking he killed Kenshiro and could take on Shin

Mar 9, 2020 11:19 PM

Jan 2011
About time Joker got his turn.
Mar 14, 2020 3:26 PM

Mar 2017
Shin VS bearded guy was rather good.

Can't wait for Kenshiro to f*** Shin up.

Sep 26, 2021 4:21 PM

Apr 2020
Stellar episode. A lot of shit happened. First of all, the one captain that didn't want to take on Shin was probably the bandit with the most brains I've seen so far. The part where he picked up the statue to attack was funny. Too bad he got killed.

The fight between Barcom and Shin was good. We finally got to see a little bit more about Shin's fighting style. I'm guessing if "Hokuto Shinken" damages from the inside-out, "Nanto Seiken" probably damages from the outside. Oh yeah, the way Saki got knocked out was pretty funny.

Finally, Ken busts out of that ship right when Joker arrives. How long was he in there? Joker's cards were strong, cutting rocks in half. That part where he and Ken were flying through the air looked funny. I can't believe the battle was over so quickly. If Shin had trouble with Barcom, what's gonna happen when he meets Ken?

The city is burning and shit is going down. And actionpacked and funny episode!

Aug 21, 2022 7:47 AM
Mar 2021
Shin saving Saki by sending her to her hometown was a nice touch and I didn't expect it when I first saw this. It really helps to make the finale in the next episode even more spectacular.

In these last few episodes of the first arc, Shin goes from being a moderately-interesting villain, to becoming one of the most epic and unforgettable characters I've seen done in any medium.

The finale in episode 22 especially caught me off guard. I was not prepared at the time to witness something that profound and intense. After it ended, I sat on the couch for over 10 minutes just staring at the wall, due to me being in a state of disbelief over whether I really just saw something as amazing as what I thought I did.

Dec 15, 2023 11:35 AM

Jan 2018
Been a while since I last watched Hokuto no Ken. I sold my PS4 and Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise was the last game I played on it. I miss it. :( But at least I still have the anime to keep me company.

This was the last filler episode. From the next episode till episode 29, it's mixed canon/filler according to animefillerlist.com.

For a filler episode, it was pretty good. Probably the best out of all the filler episodes. I especially liked how it mostly focused on Shin.

I feel like the anime tried really hard to make Shin a much more compelling villain. Having him show off his fighting style more with his stupid general before he fought Ken. And we also saw his kindness in sparing Saki by sending her back to her village.

But he's still tone-deaf when it comes to pleasing Yuria. Or maybe Yuria shouldn't speak in riddles. Maybe Shin just doesn't understand wtf she's talking about and so he just mistakenly keeps doing the wrong shit. That'd be funny ngl. Yuria should've just explicitly told him to fuck off or at least stop committing horrible atrocities for her sake.

And now the city's in chaos. I'm surprised this didn't happen much sooner.

Kenshiro vs Joker was really short ngl. But it was good enough.

Looking forward to watching Kenshiro vs Shin final showdown. It's going to be epic.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 25 Discussion

naikou - Feb 16, 2009

17 by CreamofDaCrop »»
Mar 25, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 31 Discussion

brucescrews - Feb 24, 2012

9 by 0451 »»
Mar 17, 4:43 AM

» Information on this production?

Teirayo - Mar 7

2 by Otakupervert890 »»
Mar 7, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

8GaugeBrett - Nov 20, 2008

53 by mtsRhea »»
Feb 28, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 7 Discussion

brucescrews - Jan 22, 2012

17 by JapanPsychology »»
Feb 8, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.