Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 18, 2012 7:03 AM

Apr 2011
One thing that scares me is that serial killer guy is still out there.

And I think that explains why or possibly why Mei told that him his name is associated with death.
Jan 18, 2012 7:48 AM

Aug 2010
Cratex said:
"I have no other customers." said the old woman.

Jan 18, 2012 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Cliffhanger gfyhgvyorecdctfgybycrxsedfrvyb!
Also, I wonder what's in the hospital's 4th floor...
Jan 18, 2012 9:54 AM

May 2010
I almost fell asleep in the first half. Good thing it got better later on.
Jan 18, 2012 11:14 AM

Jun 2009
MorningGlory said:

The couple(his friend) walking the opposite direction as if they they abandon him alone.If the guy is screaming, they should face toward him and be curious on what is going on but since its the environment that scream, it does not make sense that the couple doesn't plug their ears as well . <,<"
hmm... I wonder does this has anything to do with this Anime's story . no spoiler here lol

I won't spoil anything here (having read the novel), but it does hint at some plotpoints and themes of the story.
Munch's Skrik (The Scream) is heavily influenced by the time and circumstances it was created in. Munch made an entry into his diary close to the creation of The Scream which pretty neatly displays the feelings he probably put into the painting:
"I was walking down a street with two friends, the sun was setting - I felt a gloomy breeze - the sky suddenly turned blood-red. I stopped and rested against a fence, dead tired - saw the flaming clouds like blood and swords - the blackish blue fjord and the town - my friends advanced - I stood there shaking with fear - and I felt how a long scream coursed through nature."

When he wrote this he was living in an environment that was influenced by something called the fin de siècle (the end of the century) at the end of the 19th century. It was for one a time of great decadence but also great desperation, because nobody knew what the next century would bring.
Interestingly the setting of Another is 1998, the end of the 20th century. In Japan there was something called the seikimatsu-kan (the feeling of the end of the century)...so it quite interestingly mirrors what happened a 100 years earlier in the West.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Jan 18, 2012 11:51 AM

Oct 2007
Sanguis said:
Well...He's quite determined to follow her around.
That is what it take to be a stalker, I guess he learned something from Yuno.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 18, 2012 12:05 PM

Aug 2010
This is trying too hard on being scary, specially with all that creepy music they overuse.
Jan 18, 2012 12:41 PM

Mar 2008
I don't know if there is any scary anime. There are only those that can bring you facepalm and those that don't...

Jan 18, 2012 1:21 PM

Jun 2011
Saygram said:
I don't know if there is any scary anime. There are only those that can bring you facepalm and those that don't...

the only anime that scared the shit out of me was the first arc of higurash no nakui koro ni
Jan 18, 2012 1:26 PM

Sep 2008
Was an awesome episode !
Jan 18, 2012 1:47 PM

Aug 2011
13man18 said:
I kinda wish I didn't read the manga now.
THERE IS NO SUSPENSE FOR ME IF I ALREADY KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

man, i totally agree!!! >_<
Jan 18, 2012 2:13 PM
Mar 2011
oh boy, i need another episode nowwwwwwwwww
Jan 18, 2012 3:04 PM

Aug 2011
This anime is so creepy and eerie! Jeez lord! Hahaha. And I agree to all, CREEPY CLIFFHANGER.

And does anyone notice that Ali Project's songs always sound alike or is it just me?
Jan 18, 2012 3:48 PM

Sep 2011
Magito said:
Kouichi and Mei looks so cute each other. I'm hoping there's a bit of romance between them.
highly doubt it, i love romance and all but this is the first time a anime has been creepy, a romance would just ruin that.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 18, 2012 5:27 PM

Apr 2011
Friggin awesome. I'm loving the creepy atmosphere and suspense. XD
Jan 18, 2012 7:48 PM

Sep 2008
Still as atmospheric as ever. The director did a really good job with this.

I'm just guessing Mei's other eye is going to be a different colour. I doubt they would put a big hole there or something of the sort.
Jan 18, 2012 8:06 PM

Aug 2011
Another creepy episode with a creep cliffhanger. The atmosphere and the soundtrack gets me. Something is telling me that her other eye that was patched has a different color than the other one that is green. Decent episode overall. Our main character is a stalker as well. Adds to the creep.
Jan 18, 2012 9:42 PM

Oct 2008
I'm liking this so far but I'm not finding it at all scary. Although maybe it's just that I don't find dolls creepy? Seeing as I own ball-jointed dolls myself. But from how so many people are saying the dolls were creepy, I'm now wondering if people get creeped out when they walk into my bedroom... XD
Jan 18, 2012 9:53 PM

Oct 2010
seizonsha said:
MorningGlory said:

The couple(his friend) walking the opposite direction as if they they abandon him alone. If the guy is screaming, they should face toward him and be curious on what is going on but since its the environment that scream, it does not make sense that the couple doesn't plug their ears as well . <,<"
hmm... I wonder does this has anything to do with this Anime's story . no spoiler here lol

I won't spoil anything here (having read the novel), but it does hint at some plot points and themes of the story.
Munch's Skrik (The Scream) is heavily influenced by the time and circumstances it was created in. Munch made an entry into his diary close to the creation of The Scream which pretty neatly displays the feelings he probably put into the painting:
"I was walking down a street with two friends, the sun was setting - I felt a gloomy breeze - the sky suddenly turned blood-red. I stopped and rested against a fence, dead tired - saw the flaming clouds like blood and swords - the blackish blue fjord and the town - my friends advanced - I stood there shaking with fear - and I felt how a long scream coursed through nature."

When he wrote this he was living in an environment that was influenced by something called the fin de siècle (the end of the century) at the end of the 19th century. It was for one a time of great decadence but also great desperation, because nobody knew what the next century would bring.
Interestingly the setting of Another is 1998, the end of the 20th century. In Japan there was something called the seikimatsu-kan (the feeling of the end of the century)...so it quite interestingly mirrors what happened a 100 years earlier in the West.
Wow that is interesting, to start with what we have is that this village most certainly has many that do not intend to live but live with the shit in the village exactly due to what you mention. That fear end century fear.

Moreover what we know so far is that this fear got mixed in with a spiritual grudge around. Making things easier for what with coined term " seikimatsu-kan" That itself may explain of why did not anyone leave except for a few.

The other things that bothers me is why is this village not exorcized? Could it be that superstitions of the " seikimatsu-kan" even made priests shiver to be in their temples? Hmmmmmm, something to wonder of.

Big THANK YOU! Your time on this helped me and made me very ^_^

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 18, 2012 11:41 PM
May 2010
For people complaining they're trying "to hard to be creepy with the music", I actually think they're taking the psychological "The Shining" approach.

In the film The Shining, the music through the whole film is eerie and creepy. At first, during the first hour and a half of the film, this doesn't make sense, especially in some scenes. The music keeps building up but then nothing happens, just normal life. There's some suggestions of creepy stuff, but nothing really scary, but the music just keeps on being creepy and building up to nothing big or mildly creepy things.

But then as the movie progress some truly scary and creepy stuff happens and you can't trust the music of when it's really building something up or if it's just messing with you again. The music later into the movie starts to get really deranged and more rapid and creepier and creepier as the scenes around it follow suit.

That's what it seems like to me they're going for, but it's hard to judge since we're only two episodes in and we're still in the more subtle mode.

The protagonist might be strange to a lot of people, but I'm really coming to like him though it may simply be because I can intimately relate to him a lot.
Jan 19, 2012 1:54 AM
Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

The other things that bothers me is why is this village not exorcized?
I think you should ask this question after something really happen in the Anime...
So far, there are some people complaining that the creepy BGM is leading viewer in a bad direction .Ya.. so far there is nothing big happen except for the patient named Misaki died in the hospital during April .
Jan 19, 2012 3:06 AM
Jan 2012
DuskGolem said:
The protagonist might be strange to a lot of people, but I'm really coming to like him though it may simply be because I can intimately relate to him a lot.

Clearly they overreact, sure he lacks some social tact, or maybe he just doesn't care. Being curious is natural and should be given as much leeway as possible, to some obvious extent that is.

Your theory on The Shining is interesting, and something I wasn't aware of. Thanks for bringing it up. Look forward to seeing if it's true or not.
Jan 19, 2012 4:13 AM

Dec 2011
SergioSource said:
Cliffhanger gfyhgvyorecdctfgybycrxsedfrvyb!
Also, I wonder what's in the hospital's 4th floor...

There is no 4th floor....

It doesn't exist....
Jan 19, 2012 8:10 AM

Jan 2011
DuskGolem said:

I think the same.

Awesome episode, was pretty creepy.
Cliffhanger...

I really want to watch the next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 19, 2012 9:01 AM

Apr 2011
onzeedge said:
DuskGolem said:

Clearly they overreact, sure he lacks some social tact, or maybe he just doesn't care. Being curious is natural and should be given as much leeway as possible, to some obvious extent that is.

Your theory on The Shining is interesting, and something I wasn't aware of. Thanks for bringing it up. Look forward to seeing if it's true or not.

This is really interesting to read. If the the story has is similar content, then we are in hell of a ride.
Jan 19, 2012 7:17 PM

Jun 2007
A few things come to mind when watching this.

1) The whole talk with the Doll Shop lady makes it sound like they sell other things there besides Dolls. The only things that comes to mind are human organs or maybe young girls, considering it'd be pretty easy to hide them there.

2) Mei being dead or not really doesn't interest me right now. The fact that everyone else in the series seems dead except for a select few, however does interest me.

3) The fact that the main character's dad has had two collapsed lungs and talks as if it was nothing makes me wonder about a lot of things. The classroom is "cursed" yet no one seems to have died or gone missing. Misaki being the only question mark so far.

4) Why is it important to know if the main character grew up in the town? If a "curse" is involved with the class then wouldn't that mean he'd be cursed regardless of where he grew up?

Anyway I'm digging the story. The pace is perfect and the story, so far, is interesting.
Jan 20, 2012 12:37 AM

Aug 2008
So.. nothing really happens except for more creepy scenes.
It's a good thing the animation is splendid. Guess I'll stick around for a few more episodes.
Jan 20, 2012 2:39 AM

May 2010
Creepy.....is all what I can say for now.
Jan 20, 2012 4:19 AM

Oct 2010
It's annoying how Sakakibara's classmates are hiding something important from him. He needs to know. Come on .__.

Seeing Misaki in that shop gave me the chills. Especially since the shop-owner/keeper said, "I have no other customers."

And I like how the dolls appear in the transitions. They add to the creepiness. @_@
[insert awesome signature here]
Jan 20, 2012 9:25 AM

Mar 2010
tembikai said:
itsvero said:
She has.... a geass!!!!!

no, it's sharingan

No, a contract with a demon butler.

Jan 20, 2012 11:36 AM

Apr 2011
Those dolls were creepy O_O
And I wonder what's underneath her eye, it had to be a cliff hanger...
Overall another great episode :)
Jan 20, 2012 4:29 PM
Dec 2011
Ahhh the cliffhanger!

Just when are we going to get to know what is up with class 3? And you think the main guy would be more curious about it!
Jan 20, 2012 6:27 PM

Dec 2006
Aghhh I should have waited chapter 3 to go out before watching this one!! damm cliffhanger uwu

Fishcaek-Chan said:
tembikai said:
itsvero said:
She has.... a geass!!!!!

no, it's sharingan

LoL!!! I just hope she doesn't have a hole or a weird scar or something like that xD
Jan 20, 2012 9:41 PM

Aug 2010
So I see a lot of posts about the meanings behind the actions and things made for the last two episodes. I can't exactly comprehend why most of the fans here are really hooked onto this. The pacing is alright, but the characters are just too un-revealing (well, it's only ep 2 anyway). People who are in Class 3 are just overall depressed by the way you would look at them, but I'm pretty sure it'll be explainable throughout the series as it progresses.

One comment I would like to make is how amplifying the creep music isn't really creeping me out. It's just annoying as hell...
Jan 21, 2012 3:52 AM

Dec 2011
GigaSPX said:
So I see a lot of posts about the meanings behind the actions and things made for the last two episodes. I can't exactly comprehend why most of the fans here are really hooked onto this. The pacing is alright, but the characters are just too un-revealing (well, it's only ep 2 anyway). People who are in Class 3 are just overall depressed by the way you would look at them, but I'm pretty sure it'll be explainable throughout the series as it progresses.

One comment I would like to make is how amplifying the creep music isn't really creeping me out. It's just annoying as hell...

Just wait, secrets will be revealed. This is second episode out of twelve so...
Jan 21, 2012 3:53 AM

Jul 2011
Why does everyone complain about the music? If i didnt read those comments, id not even pay attention to it :D
Jan 21, 2012 4:42 AM

Aug 2011
I love these goosebumps! *O*
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Jan 21, 2012 6:38 AM

Dec 2009
This is getting better and better! Really looking forward to next episode, and I'll try to watch this at night :P.
Jan 21, 2012 8:27 AM
Aug 2011
Miharu_Endoh said:
Aghhh I should have waited chapter 3 to go out before watching this one!! damm cliffhanger uwu

Fishcaek-Chan said:
tembikai said:
itsvero said:
She has.... a geass!!!!!

no, it's sharingan

LoL!!! I just hope she doesn't have a hole or a weird scar or something like that xD
Another eyepatch :D
Ave Aizen, morituri te salutant!
Jan 21, 2012 11:19 AM

Dec 2009
I was damn curious about what's behind the eyepatch and I wanted to read the manga as well, so.. in case anyone is curious:
Jan 21, 2012 1:53 PM
Feb 2011
Lulexiaa said:
AHHHHHH!!! I WANNA KNOW WHATS UNDER THE EYEPATCH!!!! DDD;

kiriohisagi said:
so what's under eyepatch??
Im curious like hell!!!

Jan 21, 2012 3:23 PM

Nov 2009
very good show : )

my guess for what's under the patch .. I think it will be a doll's eye
this seems the only logical conclusion to me
Jan 21, 2012 4:03 PM

Dec 2010
My heart... I can't take it.... Mei is just so fucking cute.

H-hnnngh....

I looked at Liinah's spoiler (posted above) and I was disappointed. I was hoping for a contract with a demon butler. D:
Jan 22, 2012 2:29 AM

Dec 2011
Liinah said:
I was damn curious about what's behind the eyepatch and I wanted to read the manga as well, so.. in case anyone is curious:

Well, you shouldn't do this. Don't get me wrong, there are some people that resisted manga, but they will click spoiler so they will hate you (I am not among those :D ). And that kills surprise....
Jan 22, 2012 5:07 AM

Dec 2009
akutasame94 said:
Liinah said:

Well, you shouldn't do this. Don't get me wrong, there are some people that resisted manga, but they will click spoiler so they will hate you (I am not among those :D ). And that kills surprise....

I know lol But spoilers tags wouldn't exist if it weren't for people to post spoilers. It's up to them to decide if they want to read or not. ~ And well, in three days we all will know anyways, so I guess it's fine. ^o^
Jan 22, 2012 5:42 AM

Dec 2011
Liinah said:
akutasame94 said:
Liinah said:

I know lol But spoilers tags wouldn't exist if it weren't for people to post spoilers. It's up to them to decide if they want to read or not. ~ And well, in three days we all will know anyways, so I guess it's fine. ^o^

It's fine by me, I just had to post :D
Jan 22, 2012 10:25 AM

Aug 2011
Definitely the best show of the season so far and nothing's even happened yet.
Jan 22, 2012 9:03 PM
Jan 2012
Liinah said:
I know lol

I'm sure people would find ways to feed their curiosity even without your "help". Seeing as you have over 1000 posts one would assume you would have noticed the disclaimer present in every discussion thread, no?
Jan 22, 2012 10:38 PM
Nov 2011
Is that an Inori doll at about the 5min. mark? Hahahha
Jan 22, 2012 11:39 PM
Dec 2011
DraconisMarch said:
Definitely the best show of the season so far and nothing's even happened yet.

I don't know if it's the best show of the season, but it looks pretty awesome so far and as you said, hardly anything's happened so far!

I love the animation style... i don't know if it's the backgrounds or colors used or what but for some reason this show looks amazing on my TV when watched at 720p! Even the intro seems so slick!
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.