Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BECK
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2008 3:17 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was so funny to find Maho eating breakfast downstairs XD
Sep 11, 2008 4:31 AM

Feb 2008
everyone's girlfriends should have brothers like that XD
Jul 22, 2009 3:36 AM

Mar 2009
Ray is a weird brother but it was sweet when they slept in the same bed.

Jul 31, 2009 4:59 PM
Jun 2008
Very funny episode, Maho and Koyuki form a great couple =)
Sep 7, 2009 3:23 PM

Jun 2008
LOL now we know who koyuki really loves..........his guitar xD
he sleeped with it LOL
Oct 9, 2009 11:56 AM

Oct 2008
Dammit I thought they were going to kiss the whole time...but no. xD
Oct 9, 2009 11:45 PM

Mar 2009
Ryuusuke and his freaking condom thing. XD
Cute when Koyuki and Maho slept together. :3
Nov 23, 2009 5:00 PM

Jul 2008
Koyuki fails as a man.
What kind of guy leaves the girl alone and goes fore th guitar?
May 24, 2010 4:39 PM
Feb 2009
ye wdf what kind of mom does Koyuki have lol
Aug 19, 2010 11:32 AM

Jul 2009
Maho is kinda getting in my nerves sometime, does she never actually feels how inconvenient Koyuki was? it was supposed to be a date, yet he invite a douche bag? *facepalm* i change my mind when i think Maho is better than Izumi..

I hope some girl steal Koyuki when she flirt with that soap opera dude, she deserves a rival..
Sep 13, 2010 12:28 AM

Apr 2009
It was cool when 4 of them dreamed of the same dream and remembered all the details! Chiba was the only one who didn't and was frustrated, hahaha! At least he always dreams in panoramic, full color, 3-D. LOL.

Damn lucky Koyuki sleeping with Maho but he lacks initiative even after Ray's prodding... if it was me, I probably couldn't handle the temptation right after Ray went home, hehehe!

The breakfast scene was shockingly funny too. LMAO
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 5, 2010 7:02 PM

Oct 2008
I can never really tell if Maho really likes Koyuki. Every episode she is in nearly she does some pretty hurtful things to him (such as making him think it was just going to be the two of them and then inviting his love rival, going to that dinner when that guy told him he wasn't welcome and not doing anything when koyuki gets very noticeably treated like shit by him all of the time right in front of her), but then she manages to do just enough nice things that i think it might be possible she actually likes him.

I liked Maho better than Izumi at first, but i'm starting to think about that twice... Maho ran off in tears when Koyuki did less than she did. Inzumi's only real fault was going out with that one glasses guy when she knew koyuki liked him and only coming back to tell him she liked him after they broke up. Maybe he should just go for the new girl...

Of course the biggest thing that made me unsure of maho was a few episodes back when she did nothing after koyuki was treated like shit at her friend's birthday party.
MurbellaOct 5, 2010 7:06 PM
Nov 15, 2010 5:15 AM

Aug 2010
There was so much interesting things in the episode. I'm agree with Sato Kadzuo's point of view about music. Pop music is created just for getting money, it don't reflect musician's feelings, but really good music which comes from the soul can affect people and even change their mind. That fact that all members of BECK have seen the same dream is interesting. Great musicians is cleaning the heathland. What does it mean? Maybe, trash is the modern music that can't compete to old masterpieces? Or on the contrary they are cleaning after BECK's live because BECK can surpass them?
Lol when Ryusuke has found magazines with Maho's photos in the Koyuki's room near his bed :)
So, this episode was really good, I enjoy it!
Sorry for my English ^^
Jan 19, 2011 4:31 PM

Dec 2009
I feel bad for Koyuski. No idea why he continues to bother with Maho on more then a friend level.
Such junk...
Feb 10, 2011 3:03 AM

Aug 2009
I guess that Maho likes Koyuki in her way. It's not just her fault , Koyuki is the same as her.
Mar 9, 2011 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
Lol, Koyuki's mum. <3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 5, 2011 9:09 PM

Aug 2010
Koyuki x Maho forever!! still i don't get their relationship :l what are they? like friends with rights? they should get together already and Koyuki must man up tell her he fucking hates that blond guy..
Sep 6, 2011 12:15 PM

Aug 2010
I like the Koyuki x Maho pairing but I feel Maho is leading him on and them leaving him hanging. Poor Koyuki.
Apr 13, 2012 3:08 AM

Jan 2012
I seriously thought there were going to do it
Aug 23, 2012 11:44 AM

Aug 2010
Eksta said:
I seriously thought there were going to do it

Lol same.

How long are they going to take to get together? Ryunsuke is a pretty cool dude.
Ragna92Aug 23, 2012 11:47 AM
Oct 22, 2012 7:57 PM

Nov 2011
See? This is what I like about this anime. It's not random fan-service out of nowhere but rather a smooth melody that flows with the characters.

This episode proves it and once again showed the bond between Maho and Koyuki. They should kiss again but that's besides the fact now. These two makes up one of the main reasons why I watch this series. I find their relationship more appealing than Izumi. 5/5.
Feb 27, 2013 4:20 PM

Jan 2012
A rather funny episode.

Mar 29, 2013 10:26 PM

Jan 2013
Needs more sex like Nana.
Interesting how they slept together but still don't have a clear relationship.
May 29, 2013 2:04 PM
Feb 2013
Why give Koyuki condoms if he's not gonna use them lol
Aug 11, 2013 7:34 AM
May 2012
The dude is the best brother wingman ever lol!! they should have done it it's the best situation they'll ever get.

Seriously why don't you both talk it out already instead of keeping things like this goddamn it Koyuki please speak your mind!!!

Anyway pretty funny episode.
Jan 10, 2014 1:30 AM

Nov 2013
Maho sure is gutsy. However, I think her 'playing the field' and inviting other boys to dates with Koyuki is because she's a control freak. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that she didn't have much of a father figure during her growing up in America. She feels insecure, lost and probably uncomfortable about committing to anyone. Hence, this game she plays is her way of controlling the 'men' in her life.

Frankly, 16 is too young to get in a serious relationship. Koyuki must realize that on some level. He is goal-oriented. Even Ryusuke will tell a girl that the band is more important than she is. They have chosen a lifestyle that will be transient, exhausting, on the road constantly, and full of ups and downs. Few relationships can handle that.

If Koyuki does have options, I'd say the Hiromi, girl from the donut shop, is a better choice, or the other girl, Izumi, after she broke up with the other boy, because they are more compatible. Maho is a wild spirit with emotional baggage. Bad mojo.

I fix guitar amps for a living, so I talk to a lot of musicians and have a pretty good idea of the lifestyle.
Feb 17, 2014 9:58 AM

Oct 2013
Welp, fuck already.
Jun 26, 2014 3:10 PM

Oct 2013
Great episode,on to the next 1.

Aug 4, 2014 1:09 PM

May 2012
Average episode, let's see what the last 6 episode have to offer, hopefully it's going to be a decent ending!
Nov 11, 2014 4:14 PM

Jul 2013
DarkIceXIII said:
Ryuusuke and his freaking condom thing. XD
Cute when Koyuki and Maho slept together. :3

Ikr? It's like he's encouraging Koyuki to sleep with his little sister.He's such a horrid brother lol.
Jan 27, 2015 9:24 PM

Jan 2013
Stark700 said:
See? This is what I like about this anime. It's not random fan-service out of nowhere but rather a smooth melody that flows with the characters.

This episode proves it and once again showed the bond between Maho and Koyuki. They should kiss again but that's besides the fact now. These two makes up one of the main reasons why I watch this series. I find their relationship more appealing than Izumi. 5/5.
follow me on tumblr @ http://x-hentai.tumblr.com/
Mar 15, 2015 10:06 AM

Mar 2010
Excellent episode, and being in a movie does sound cool.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 18, 2015 8:10 AM

Jun 2009
Hahaha again with the condoms Ryusuke.
Jul 3, 2016 5:05 PM

Jun 2016
This was a funny episode. Chiba's reaction when he found out he didn't have the same dream and also Maho's breakfast downstairs :)
Feb 5, 2017 4:08 AM

Feb 2016
Doesn't Maho realise Koyuki is practically swimming in pussy. Like other comments have said, why does she keep firing mixed signals. One moment she's as sweet as an angel and the next indifferent to him being shit on. They both are inadequately uneased in this unofficial relationship, but one conversation and they could happily go their own way without a hitch.

Koyuki now is very different to episode one, he has choices and no human likes being strung along like a puppet. Maho is also not exactly an ugly duckling.

Though I think Koyuki made the right choice to 'not be a man'. Rape is not cool. If she wanted the D she would've made the move after flirting about the movie but she went back to bed immediately.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Nov 11, 2017 9:52 PM

Apr 2017
man ryusuke really wants koyuki to fuck his sister lol

i think the fault is on both of them for why they aren't together yet. she's pretty obviously coming on to him without outright saying it, and he can't pick up signals. He did the right thing in asking later, but of course she's sleeping. kinda frustrating, and it takes away the focus on the music with all these love triangles. So far, i still find the love stuff entertaining, but if it goes on too long without some form of progress, that would be a bit sad

i wouldn't mind koyuki and hiromi, but then saku would be sad. also i like maho with him a bit more
Big breast are full of dreams, but small breast are full of hope.
Dec 4, 2019 11:20 AM

Feb 2011
Can we get over cock blocking and bullying Koyuki over and over again please ?
Nov 25, 2020 9:30 PM

Mar 2020
This episode was freaking hilarious. I love how Ray is tryna get Koyuki to smash his sister, and that scene where Ray found Koyuki’s book open to the page with Maho next to his pillow (most likely implying that he masturbated) was GOLD. Also, Koyuki and Maho sleeping was adorable (smh he should have taken that condom tho).
NOW WATCHING: Blue Exorcist (Season 3), Bucchigiri?!, Bungou Stray Dogs (Season 2), Delicious in Dungeon, and Mashle (Season 2)

May 16, 2022 7:12 PM

Jun 2010
So Koyuki still likes that idol? I think the earlier episodes depicted his fondess for her as being musically immature and implied he was leaving her music behind when he became interested in rock, especially when he had a setback and went back to listening to her as if retreating.

There's no reason he can't like both idol pop and rock, but that's how it seemed to be depicting it, so it's odd to mention her again after so long.
Nov 13, 2022 11:48 PM

Jan 2022
I swear to the lord above I have never been more frustrated with an Anime romance couple in my entire life, and that includes s2 of kimi ni todoke. Dude had an easy tap in, wide open goal. All he had to do was carry the ball into the end zone, just walk the bases and touch home plate, but nah only thing my boy wants to finger is his guitar...what is he gay?
-insert NGE meme here-
Dec 5, 2022 6:15 AM

Dec 2020
NorthmostIsle said:
I swear to the lord above I have never been more frustrated with an Anime romance couple in my entire life, and that includes s2 of kimi ni todoke. Dude had an easy tap in, wide open goal. All he had to do was carry the ball into the end zone, just walk the bases and touch home plate, but nah only thing my boy wants to finger is his guitar...what is he gay?

Well classic anime trope. Confessing when they are asleep. Except in this case. Totally unintentional, just poor timing. Could've woken her up but probably feeling down after he finally worked to courage to actually say something. So unheard confession, then got the blankets taken away as a cherry on top lol probably just hugging the guitar cause he's a lil sad.
Dec 20, 2022 10:13 PM

Jun 2021
.........WHAT THE F*CK?
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Jun 19, 2023 7:24 PM
Nov 2022
me encanta este anime ya me quedan pocos capitulos y maho me caia muy bien ahora me cae cada vez peor
Jun 21, 2023 3:04 AM

Jun 2021
the same dream with rockstars, except for funny 3D Chiba ones.

Though I think Koyuki made the right choice to 'not be a man'

agree a lot.
Nov 23, 2023 7:03 AM

Jan 2018
I'm surprise that scene with Ryuusuke being supportive to Yukio isn't being clipped as much. It's such a good scene to share online hehe.
Mar 9, 3:21 AM

Dec 2022
Sleeping with a guitar is risky business. I wouldn't even sleep with something like earphones in, honestly.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beck Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Aug 18, 2008

139 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Beck Episode 23 Discussion

aero - Aug 18, 2008

42 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Beck Episode 22 Discussion

aero - Aug 18, 2008

47 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Beck Episode 21 Discussion

aero - Aug 18, 2008

40 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Beck Episode 19 Discussion

aero - Aug 18, 2008

45 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 2:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.