Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 24, 2011 5:49 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yay! GG subbed it!
1h 33min 53s or 5.569101gb of awesomesauce!
Put ya gunz on!
What a beautiful christmas present!

Merry Christmas to everyone!
KiijutsuDec 24, 2011 5:59 AM
Dec 24, 2011 8:36 AM

Aug 2008
I wished this would a be TV series, we got a whole bunch of new characters and yet, we don't see any development. Sasuke didn't get many scenes, and Kasuga wasn't even needed. :(

but I still enjoyed it (less than the series). I didn't expect oyakata-sama to die but it was great to see Yukimura being the lord! :)
Dec 24, 2011 9:27 AM

May 2010
Kurini said:
I wished this would a be TV series, we got a whole bunch of new characters and yet, we don't see any development. Sasuke didn't get many scenes, and Kasuga wasn't even needed. :(

You just take everything out of my mind.
Dec 24, 2011 7:38 PM

Dec 2010
Great seeing Nobunaga again, along with his exellent voice acting..
Dec 24, 2011 10:37 PM

Dec 2011
Mitsuhide was hilarious!
Dec 25, 2011 12:36 AM

Dec 2008
I hope oichi and nagamasa get to be together in the afterlife;
Anyways getting to the main point -> THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME AWESOME awesome(echo)!!!!
Dec 25, 2011 12:44 AM

Oct 2007
That was freakin epic. *dies from epicness*
Dec 25, 2011 2:07 AM

Jan 2009
nice action packed movie although its not FULLY over the top since they fail to defeat that monster devil king in the end, they just got lucky lol
Dec 25, 2011 3:52 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
basically this was more bout new generation of leaders, Young ones xd

Way to end anime was kinda weird and ending dance was hella weird xd

But rly action packed

So 9/10
Dec 25, 2011 6:00 AM

Apr 2009
j0x said:
nice action packed movie although its not FULLY over the top since they fail to defeat that monster devil king in the end, they just got lucky lol
Yeah, I was kinda hoping for an RPG-ish finale. Still, pretty cool movie overall.

PhantomEX said:
Great seeing Nobunaga again, along with his exellent voice acting..
It's not just Wakamoto. This movie is LOADED with awesome voice-acting casts. For one thing, Show Hayami managed to make Mitsuhide creepy and fabulous at the same time.
Dec 25, 2011 7:17 AM

Dec 2010
IT'S ONE EYED DRAGOOOOON.

That had to be the best part for me. Theatrical movie is... theatrical.

Oh yes and I have to ask, but am I out of alignment~? lmao.
Dec 25, 2011 7:28 AM

Jul 2010
This movie was freaking kickass! I seriously loved all the battle scenes and comedy in it!

Though I didnt like how mitsuhide was owned like that makes him look like a pussy XD he was funny though way he died especially

Its one of my favorite action anime movies of all time :D

LETS PARTY YEAH!
Dec 25, 2011 9:15 AM

Oct 2011
JUMPING JACK BREAKER! It's super effective!
Also, the way Yukimura spinned that horse while fighting Masamune... LOOOL!
Dec 25, 2011 9:30 AM

Feb 2009
The introduction at the beginning was really great for newcomers, they resumed the main point of both seasons in 4 very well made minutes. The editing was great, I would have gone with a 120 minute movie, but 93 mins. was ok. The story, action scenes, music, animation and art was superb for a movie and one aimed specifically at fans of the series. I just hope that they had shown more fighting of Sanada, not my favorite but could have had the same that Date had, but still Date's fights where top notch and the moment of Sanada becoming the leader of the Takeda army was enjoyable. The new characters where entertaining and enjoyable to watch. A very good movie... 8/10

Are they gonna continue this franchise in anime or are they ending it with this movie? Because I remember seeing a copule of very well made design characters when the letter of Ieyasu was been read. One with a white tiger and the other I remember was one big fellow who broke a tree branch.

*Oh and the whole dancing scene at the end (IMO) it was like them kinda showing off their animation, editing and choreography skills in this medium and to make the ending credits more "viewable to some fans and viewers".
Dec 25, 2011 10:19 AM

Jun 2007
This was AWESOME, way more than the anime series.

And the ending with the soldiers dancing, just great, I would love to see this movie in a theatre.
Dec 25, 2011 12:11 PM

Feb 2011
Kiijutsu said:

What a beautiful christmas present!

Best christmas present ever <3
I really enjoyed the movie, it was just full of epicness.
9/10

Now let's party!!
Dec 25, 2011 2:23 PM

May 2009
That was some party!
Dec 25, 2011 9:45 PM

Jul 2007
Kurini said:

but I still enjoyed it (less than the series). I didn't expect oyakata-sama to die but it was great to see Yukimura being the lord! :)

Exactly, i really felt like Ieyasu didnt do shit in this movie except showing up everytime with Tadakatsu. He was my fav character in the game :( Yet he did not seem important in this movie.
Dec 25, 2011 10:11 PM

May 2011
FREAKIN' AWESOME AND LOL AT THE ENDING!! XDD
Dec 26, 2011 9:39 AM

Mar 2009
Some thoughts:

- The music was oddly absent in this movie. It felt really... muted.
- Were there more yaoi-laden phrases in there than even by normal Basara standards?
- Masamune was practically spewing Engrish. xD Jumping Jack Breaker, indeed.
- :( So little screentime for Chosokabe and Sasuke.
- Way too much angst lol, courtesy of Mitsunari.
Dec 27, 2011 1:36 AM
Oct 2010
Hondam appeared to be transportation machine huh..
Dec 27, 2011 6:50 AM

Mar 2011
Someone mentioned that Takeda Shingen died here? I thought he just retired fabulously?

Anyhow, not as exciting as the anime series because it looks as if it's being rushed. It would be nicer if this is a third season instead of a movie, because then Ieyasu would have a bigger role. And Mitsunari. It would be nice to see Magoichi too...
But oh well, better than nothing. Besides, Date's Engrish never fails to make my day better.
MARVELOUSA!

Forget everything I said. Just rewatched it and realized that no matter what it's still AWESOME. It's one of those anime I don't want to end because the characters are just that awesome. I wouldn't mind having episodes of them fighting only because the characters are just SO COOL

Need to get Sengoku Basara Utage now
anaagaDec 27, 2011 7:45 AM
Dec 27, 2011 9:48 AM

Nov 2008
It was awesome, though I liked the two series better ^__^

Too few screentime for Sasuke, Kasuga, Kenshin, and we had absolutely no Magoichi Saika and Tsuruhime :( Action-packed scenes, Mitsunari's appearance and of course Masamune's ENGRISH at least compensated.

8/10 for me

And GOSH, I would like to have Utage now o__O
Dec 29, 2011 1:43 AM

Jan 2009
Quite a step up from season 2, the whole movie was full of manliness.

Mitsunari just makes everything a lot better. 9/10
Dec 29, 2011 8:17 AM

May 2008
the movie was amazing loved it especially the epic dances and music at the end lol

hope we get some sort of sequal probably not since its "The Last Party"!

10/10
Dec 29, 2011 11:00 PM

Oct 2008
This movie was INSANE! Especially towards the end LOL!

JUMPING JACK BREAKER!! <-- Masamune's best line yet
Dec 30, 2011 1:07 AM

Feb 2011
Finally watched it just now.
Less epic "inbetween" scenes, I love so much about the series, but AWESOME action as always.
The animations were superb once again.

Not really much more to say about it. Typical Sengoku Basara. Gotta love it.

8/10
Dec 30, 2011 3:07 AM

May 2008
Compared to other movies, I could list so many flaws about this movie but it was made to be like this so in retrospect those are not flaws. This was SO EPIC~ <3
Jan 2, 2012 6:29 AM

Jun 2008
Even more characters revived but hey it's Sengoku Basara it doesn't need to make sense!
It was really good, I didn't like Ieyasu during the first season but he's way better now.
My favorite part was Yukimura vs Masamune, especially Yukimura's spinning horse.
Jan 3, 2012 10:48 AM

Feb 2010
I wanted to see more Ieyasu act like in game. He didn't even use his power... ;__;

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jan 4, 2012 5:25 AM

May 2009
BE SATISFIED! Yup, I was. I wasn't awed, though.

The series blew me away, mostly because of the whole "Whoa! Engrish! Mecha Samurai! OTT Battles! People flying! Dancing soldiers!" novelty. The series were absolute epic perfection, whereas the movie falls short because, well, it was too short.

Having said that, I absolutely enjoyed the movie. Masamune's Engrish cracked me up more than ever, and oh, the visuals were more gorgeous than ever! *.* And oh, EVERYONE WAS SO POETIC! Except for Masamune.

And the dancing soldiers were back! I'm almost considering bumping up my score just for that! *.*

Lauriet said:
Theatrical movie is... theatrical.

YES! This, very much. I'm gonna borrow that phrase for my tag, I think. ^^
AthenaJan 4, 2012 5:33 AM
Jan 7, 2012 3:17 PM

Aug 2010
The movie was really entertaining. I haven't watched the series, so it feels like I was unable to enjoy this movie to its fullest. I'll definitely check out the series later on.
Ragna92Jan 7, 2012 3:20 PM
Jan 7, 2012 3:35 PM

Dec 2010
Athena said:

Lauriet said:
Theatrical movie is... theatrical.

YES! This, very much. I'm gonna borrow that phrase for my tag, I think. ^^

Knock yourself out.

Cortez_Corleone said:

and we had absolutely no Magoichi Saika and Tsuruhime :( Action-packed scenes, Mitsunari's appearance and of course Masamune's ENGRISH at least compensated.

Magoichi Saiga was a fictional character (Consider her, let's say, a star guest character in the vein of Sengoku period mythology.) Though I've not a clue about Tsuruhime. They probably didn't add for no other reason then them being potentially flow breaking. Which was a good call, I'd say.
Jan 7, 2012 5:30 PM

Dec 2010
Ok, this one is definitely not getting 10. On first thought it should get some score way less than 10, but then again:

anaaga said:
Someone mentioned that Takeda Shingen died here? I thought he just retired fabulously?

Anyhow, not as exciting as the anime series because it looks as if it's being rushed.

I really felt bad about the end, because... I expected for a real end, like Date overwhelming Yukimura like totally(or the vice-versia), and some of the generals succeeding all of Japan, but we actually didn't get a single duel decided(Date and Mitsunari were pretty much even, every one of them escaping one round lost). I guess it all about the young ones succeeding the land, but still I expected something different. For a moment I even thought that we'll see if Motochika will beat Mouri(or he'll end up killed), but I guess that this wasn't the point of the movie. Mouri survived with all his epicness though, so it's ok with me(talking about their duel).

In any other case I was gonna go all mad, but this SB, after all and:
idiotsite said:
Compared to other movies, I could list so many flaws about this movie but it was made to be like this so in retrospect those are not flaws. This was SO EPIC~ <3

After all:
Araya said:
it's Sengoku Basara it doesn't need to make sense!

Most of the clashes between the characters were all cool, and Keiji once again made short but still memorable appearance. Probably what I liked the best:
Araya said:
Yukimura's spinning horse.

1. Characters. +1 Epic SB chars are epic.
2. Atmosphere. +1. Fightin' all day long.
3. OST. For a moment I heard the Hideyoshi theme, but it was the only good part of this movie's OST. The irony is that it's actually original for this movie, lol.
4. Animation. +1. Ofc.
5. Background story. +1. I guess I'm scoring the two previous seasons after all.
6. Storyline. - Nah, the story actually sucked. *Btw, Oichi redeeming herself? Blah, that felt a little bit off.
7. Ending. - Nah, I expected something better.
8. Fight scenes. +1. Ofc for SB epicness.
9. Drama. - Nah, there wasn't anything emotional in this part.
10. Overall feeling. +1. It was ok with me, after all this is SB - what else can you do than enjoy some epicness?
Bonus(extra) point for:... +1. Spinning horse.

Overall score: 7/10.

Somewhere between the first season's score 4/10(I didn't like the first season even a bit) and Sengoku Basara Two's 10/10(which was totally epic and great), but still a worthwhile Christmas present.
Jan 8, 2012 3:25 PM

Jun 2008
THIS:
Jan 10, 2012 12:04 PM

Oct 2007
I love how the picture on the page is spoiling the ending of the movie. :D
^_^ ^_^
Jan 12, 2012 9:28 PM

Mar 2011
Meritas said:
I really felt bad about the end, because... I expected for a real end, like Date overwhelming Yukimura like totally(or the vice-versia), and some of the generals succeeding all of Japan, but we actually didn't get a single duel decided(Date and Mitsunari were pretty much even, every one of them escaping one round lost). I guess it all about the young ones succeeding the land, but still I expected something different. For a moment I even thought that we'll see if Motochika will beat Mouri(or he'll end up killed), but I guess that this wasn't the point of the movie. Mouri survived with all his epicness though, so it's ok with me(talking about their duel).

I actually didn't like the ending that much. I was expecting a winner from the Masamune/Date and Ieyasu/Mitsunari duels. I want a proper outcome rather than this ambiguous ending, but I guess they did it so that the fangirls won't be sad eh? Oh well, this kind of ending leaves some room for sequels or stuff like that, so it's not that bad
Feb 22, 2012 8:50 PM

Sep 2008
Of course Mamiko Noto had to save the world as she was the only one powerful enough to defeat her brother. I mean, did you see how she sliced tat loser in half with one slash?

Ieyasu was surprisingly cool; it's hard to imagine that he was once a loser brat.
Overall it was a very entertaining movie with all the ridiculous fights. I loved how they incorporated a lot of the cast, but was equally sad when some did basically nothing.

Mamiko Noto's singing though. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2012 1:10 PM

May 2008
Best ending sequence ever? Quite possibly.
May 6, 2012 10:00 PM

Nov 2007
fuck yeah Nobunaga! seriously best villain of the series. Wakamoto = YES!
I wanted more Chosokabe.
Meh @ Mitsunari and the first part. Nobunaga made this.
WTF @ the ending lol
May 12, 2012 9:04 AM

May 2008
Awsome and epic movie was this, I loved it. And damn, that ending was priceless. I'll miss my dancing samurais :D
May 31, 2012 12:53 AM

Sep 2010
Great Movie ~ !

party must go on !
Jun 6, 2012 3:24 AM

Apr 2010
It has Date Masamune....so for me its 10/10....
Anyway i failed to acquire subs ..any help in this regard ..i have watched without subs but my japanese is not that good !!!
Jul 26, 2012 2:05 PM

Mar 2009
DAT DANCE AT THE END!!!

ahaha it was awesome. I had looooots of fun :D
it was nice to see Nobunaga again and hear his epic voice. Fights were quite well too.
I'm loving this show.
9/10
Jul 27, 2012 2:45 AM

Mar 2011
Awesome and epic movie was this.Date Masamuna engrish is the best.Damnit want next movie or TV series.
Aug 13, 2012 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
As a fan, I feel kinda underwhelmed from a plot standpoint..

There's no definite ending, characters are left out, and the whole thing felt very rushed. If this were stretched into a series I think it would have been better.

The soundtrack was absent at times as well, the previous entries used it to pump up ridiculously awesome fight scenes. These felt.. quiet.

I give it an 8/10, it was still really enjoyable, but not up to the standards the series set.
Oct 28, 2012 11:14 PM

Jul 2007
Where the hell did you find this subbed, I can't seem to locate it, did [GG] drop it?

Nov 4, 2012 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
Completely over the top and hilarious. The writers just said screw a story lets do one big clusterf*ck, and bring back Oda and Mitsuhide for good measure.

Awesomesauce.
Nov 24, 2012 10:11 PM

Aug 2011
link9us said:
Where the hell did you find this subbed, I can't seem to locate it, did [GG] drop it?

Sub here
Jan 12, 2013 6:44 PM

Jan 2008
Epic fight scenes (great animation and sfx), awesome scenery details, and voices that delights my ears.
And that dance. Love the dance at the ending (instead of black bg of roling credits).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» DVD Release Date

OrangePal - Jun 9, 2011

9 by Kurini »»
Dec 22, 2011 5:35 PM

» All Trailers

sentiarii - Jul 3, 2011

3 by Kurini »»
Sep 3, 2011 5:55 PM

» New Trailer!

Zepwich - May 21, 2011

3 by sentiarii »»
Jun 7, 2011 7:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.