Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 16, 2011 9:04 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
With Shana back at full power now, its time to chase after Yuji! Pretty convenient that ancient flame hazes are willing to help her not get lost though.

Also what is it this week with characters getting some? First Shingo in Mashiro Iro Symphony and now we have Keisaku!

FUCK YEAH THE BIG BOYS ARE COMING OUT TO PLAY NOW! SABRAC TIME NEXT WEEK!
Dec 16, 2011 11:02 AM

Aug 2009
Another great episode with lots of action and stuff going on. To point out a few things Decarabia's strength was quite impressive yet he didn't hold on versus Sophie. That fight could take some more time :P Also yeah can't wait to see Sabrac in action again!!

About the Magery - Keisaku scenes... DAMN!! Didn't expect for it to go so far xD Hahaha so we even get that kind of scenes in SnS ? Yuji didn't go all out in ep 5 tho... erm nvm xD
Dec 16, 2011 11:34 AM

Nov 2009
A shame Decarabia died...I really liked him.

As each episode goes by, I like the Hazes less and less.

I guess I really dont like Sophie at all, it's quite pointless to like her bunch of nameless underlings it seems...the battle felt so one sided for so long that I almost stopped watching.
RiptosDec 16, 2011 11:58 AM
Dec 16, 2011 11:56 AM

Oct 2010
Woah didnt expect that development at all xD
things are getting exciting anyway. Cant wait for the next big action scenes ~~
Dec 16, 2011 12:06 PM

Dec 2007
Riptos said:

I guess I really dont like Sophie at all, it's quite pointless to like her bunch of nameless underlings it seems...the battle felt so one sided for so long that I almost stopped watching.

I hear you. We get thrown some random nun and a few new flamehazes in our faces and the show acts like we're actually supposed to care for them.
yakisobapanDec 17, 2011 5:52 AM
Dec 16, 2011 12:14 PM
Sep 2010
i miss Decarabia already. he should have lasted longer. damn you Sophie! don't go killing my favourite tomogara in five seconds!
Dec 16, 2011 12:25 PM

Nov 2008
Holy Cow!!! That was awesome. We need more moments like those in these series. Shana needs to that more often.

I'll be looking forward to seeing Margery in the battlefield. She has not had any screen time since back then.
Dec 16, 2011 12:58 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Woah!! Margery was so cute!!
Dec 16, 2011 12:59 PM

Jul 2011
Romance seemed a bit rushed, but whatever. The action was cool, the tactics behind it blew. Killing off generals this early on doesn't seem to be the brightest choice either.

But these power gaps are terrible. Flame Hazes, are linked to Crimson Lords, there isn't a reason that they should die so easily.

4/5
mdzDec 18, 2011 10:31 AM
Dec 16, 2011 1:00 PM
Dec 2011
things are getting from silly to rediculous. i gave it 2/5
for a few reasons:
I cant sympathise with flame hazes, even shana at the moment as they seem like heartless killers while bal masque has personalities

Imbalence of power in action, for example, lets see how many named flame hazes have died this series so far, 0. how many named bal masque, 3-4. they try to cover up the imbalence that has been scripted into this by having bal masque win fights against strong flame hazes: for example lion dude, or how fecor was killed when he was protecting things by a random apperition who wanted only to get to its master not ruin the whole thing. remember lion dude WON the fight and decided to look into space insted of kill her for long enough for her to kill him. it was PATHETIC.
decarbia, gonna kill some unimportant people, fine. gonnna fight a named charicter when he is VERY STRONG, boom. nun flies out and kills him in 5 seconds.

Extreme dialog: apart from shana saying "im going to find yuji and beat him" and margery waking up and getting together with that guy.. what was achived in the first 11 minutes.
they spent 11 mins doing dialoge and 5 seconds killing of the general of bal masuqe

have i started yet on how in all the action except from when decarbia was present the WHOLE OF THE DEFENSIVE FORCES couldnt kill 1 PERSON. Which is why i dont see why they are worried now the main army has come because there is 1 named char and therefore 1 person who they might have to consider fighting.

I cannot wait until sabrac has a decent fight scene, unless he is killed in 5 seconds or decided to bash one off or somthing until he dies.
Dec 16, 2011 1:49 PM
Jun 2011
fuckin lucky boy getting it with Margery :S she was hella cute
Dec 16, 2011 1:57 PM

May 2011
From the very first season i was totally shipping for a Margery X Keisaku pairing. This episode is godly to me just for that one bedroom scene.
CirrisDec 16, 2011 2:01 PM
Dec 16, 2011 2:11 PM
Jun 2011
finally next episode sabrac fight and the arrive of the snake of the festival this should be interesting
Dec 16, 2011 2:19 PM

Aug 2011
epic episode, Decarabia got his ass whooped!! But damn, he did kinda hold enough for the western forces to come, i wonder how the hell Sophie is gonna beat them AND the upcoming eastern forces... damn, shit is getting too EPIIC!!! >____<
Dec 16, 2011 2:19 PM

Nov 2009
hazrauken said:
things are getting from silly to rediculous. i gave it 2/5
for a few reasons:
I cant sympathise with flame hazes, even shana at the moment as they seem like heartless killers while bal masque has personalities

Imbalence of power in action, for example, lets see how many named flame hazes have died this series so far, 0. how many named bal masque, 3-4. they try to cover up the imbalence that has been scripted into this by having bal masque win fights against strong flame hazes: for example lion dude, or how fecor was killed when he was protecting things by a random apperition who wanted only to get to its master not ruin the whole thing. remember lion dude WON the fight and decided to look into space insted of kill her for long enough for her to kill him. it was PATHETIC.
decarbia, gonna kill some unimportant people, fine. gonnna fight a named charicter when he is VERY STRONG, boom. nun flies out and kills him in 5 seconds.

Extreme dialog: apart from shana saying "im going to find yuji and beat him" and margery waking up and getting together with that guy.. what was achived in the first 11 minutes.
they spent 11 mins doing dialoge and 5 seconds killing of the general of bal masuqe

have i started yet on how in all the action except from when decarbia was present the WHOLE OF THE DEFENSIVE FORCES couldnt kill 1 PERSON. Which is why i dont see why they are worried now the main army has come because there is 1 named char and therefore 1 person who they might have to consider fighting.

I cannot wait until sabrac has a decent fight scene, unless he is killed in 5 seconds or decided to bash one off or somthing until he dies.

Winner!
Dec 16, 2011 2:26 PM

Apr 2010
Decarabia was supposed to be the tactician right? It's really a shame to see him died so soon in the war like that. Man, I thought the war would be more awesome.

Btw, I felt like this whole episode is about Keisaku gettin' laid. Hooray for Keisaku to be the first one in the series.
Dec 16, 2011 3:09 PM
Oct 2010
hazrauken said:
Seconded, it's ridiculous... suddenly it seems like all crimson denizens suck really bad with a few exceptions. If they where this weak the flame hazes should have won centuries ago...

I remember Fecor was good enough to keep in check both Shana and Margery when Hecate went after Yuji during the second season, now he got 1-hit killed, just like the lion guy, just like Decarabia... so far the one that has lasted the longest is the lame emo camel with zero attack power, and that's just cause Shana was testing her powers.

So indeed, what the hell is the flame haze army worrying about?

The way this is going, I doubt Sabrac will be able to inflict any serious damage to the incoming party.

I really didn't want to admit it, but the writing really sucks... at least the part about the battles. Maybe it's just the adaptation but I'm utterly disappointed.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 16, 2011 3:56 PM

Oct 2011
Well... Keisaku's my new fav. SnS character.... player!!!
Dec 16, 2011 4:25 PM

Oct 2011
That ugly nun isn't likeable and she's over fuckin' powered. I hope she dies soon.
Dec 16, 2011 4:26 PM

Jun 2011
Sabrac and Khamsin are fighting next week which is awesome. Sabrac's little bit in the earlier season was one of my favorite fights, and Khamsin is just really cool :D
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Dec 16, 2011 5:06 PM
Sep 2009
Great episode! Satou and Margery development was a surprise to me. Margery is pretty cute without her glasses. Now I just hope for some Shana and Yuuji kissing scene too and their fights.
Dec 16, 2011 5:23 PM
Jun 2011
Hue said:
Great episode! Satou and Margery development was a surprise to me. Margery is pretty cute without her glasses. Now I just hope for some Shana and Yuuji kissing scene too and their fights.
this scenes of shana and yujji will happen only at the final episodes
Dec 16, 2011 5:28 PM

Oct 2010
Charliehsv said:
Riptos said:

I hear you. We get through some random nun and a few new flamehazes in our faces and the show acts like we're actually supposed to care for them.

I know right. I hate the flame haze side with a passion. I hate shana with her bullshit ass power up. I just know if Yuji was there now it would be an annihilation. Shana not better even be on the same level as Yuji with that bs power up.
Dec 16, 2011 5:41 PM

Apr 2009
Margery's back! That was the highlight of the episode for me, I've always liked Margery.
Dec 16, 2011 5:58 PM

Apr 2011
Well this episode had an unexpected development. Out of all the characters in Shakugan it had to be Satou to get some poon tang. And with Margery on top of it too! Didn't think Margery would be so...open. Anyways it seems everyone here likes the denizens more than the flame hazes? I agree that Sophie is OP and Decarabia should have at least lasted longer before his untimely demise. But it should have been more dramatic. Seemed more like they rushed his death then showing off his reason of BEING a tactician/strategist. Oh well. At least next episode we'll actually get to see the
big boys coming out to play. Shana better not have gotten more powerful than Yuji already. That'd be plain ridiculous for her to get so strong in such a small amount of time. I liked her being weak and helpless it made me laugh on how pathetic she was!
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Dec 16, 2011 8:30 PM
Dec 2010
Random nun chidori stream falcon kicking a giant eel & some hawt action on Margery Doe's part.

Yup, that's about it for this episdoe.
Dec 16, 2011 8:41 PM

Dec 2010
newnar said:
Random nun chidori stream falcon kicking a giant eel & some hawt action on Margery Doe's part.

Yup, that's about it for this episdoe.

QTF

That really made me Lol.

I as many agrees, they could've done Macarabias death waay better. I didn't really get to see what made him such a "good" tactican.

Anyway, next week should be better, with Sabrac showing up.
Dec 16, 2011 9:04 PM
May 2011
Hue said:

I agree
Dec 16, 2011 10:01 PM

Sep 2011
Man, why Decarabia?! Wish he had gotten more screen time.

Margery jumped up a bunch of spots on my favorites list for Shana after this ep. This romance gives me hope for Shana-Yuji.
Dec 17, 2011 12:59 AM

Dec 2010
CrimsonLight said:
That ugly nun isn't likeable and she's over fuckin' powered. I hope she dies soon.

This, and this episode only increased my thoughts from the last one and that is that the Flame Haze's aren't likeable; even Shana is regressing in character, she isn't even being open minded,shes simply in "must defeat Yuji" mode without giving a thought to anything else. well in any case the fights and the fact that they show both sides to the war have made it interesting so i look forward to what is to come.
Dec 17, 2011 1:03 AM

Sep 2011
Sophie was fkin strong as hell! xD

Oh and Margery looked so much better without all her makeup and business clothes on! :D
Dec 17, 2011 1:40 AM
Nov 2009
Looks like next episode will revolve around characters that are actually kind of interesting, rather than being out some old nun bitch kicking a giant snake guy. At least mostly. Maybe instead we'll just get to see the nun fighting gas mask man or something.
Dec 17, 2011 3:21 AM

Oct 2010
R.I.P. Decarabia. I`m gonna miss you. Seriously, they could at least make it a greater fight and give Decarabia some screen time to show his awesomness before killing him. But instead Decarabia died without even a proper struggle.

I don`t mind my favorite characters dying, but only after tough battle and lots of action.

Hope Yuji vs Shana comes really soon, i`m kinda pissed of by Flame Hazes, want some retribution. The Nun must die a horrible death by Yuji`s hand right in front of Shana. GO YUJI!!! REVENGE!!!
Dec 17, 2011 10:10 AM
Nov 2010
Too bad, Decarabia is gone, I wish that Sister was gone, too, at least...
Dec 17, 2011 11:00 AM

Nov 2009
Wait... people get laid in anime? No, but all joking aside i liked the shipping pair and it is nice to see a successful couple for once in a while.

As far as the balancing it is true i guess, but i am hoping that Yuji will come out with the true body and kick ass. The point is for them to hold all the forces off for him to do that. Of course, Shana is going to use the power of love to save him in the end, yuck, but i hope he does a lot before that happens.
Dec 17, 2011 11:20 AM
Feb 2010
was super hyped before the season began and the first episodes ruined that but this episode gave me back some of things i lost
Dec 17, 2011 11:38 AM
Dec 2011
CrimsonLight said:

100% with you on that
Dec 17, 2011 2:14 PM

May 2011
LoveXann said:
CrimsonLight said:

100% with you on that

i dont get u guys. i personally think shes pretty badass
not sure about the hype over Decarabia, i honestly see no interesting qualities in this guy
Dec 17, 2011 3:37 PM

Oct 2011
Damn! Decarabia is one of my favorite Denizens! He deserved better than that. And what was up with Shana's wings in the beginning of the episode? They didn't put the same effort into them that they usually do. And I really liked the Flame Haze lady that got impaled... And the businessman guy.

How many years passed between Seasons 1 and 3? Did Margery just become a pedophile?
YodelmanDec 17, 2011 3:41 PM
This love for Hirasawa Yui consumes me, washing over my dirty weeaboo body with a cleansing warmth that allows me to reach greater heights. It inspires me to be a better man; not the man they deserve, but the man she deserves. Yui, I love you. With everything I have. You are my one, my only. Mai waifu.
Dec 17, 2011 4:53 PM
Apr 2011
wow that was crazy didnt expect Keisaku to get some from Margery lol. She definitely needs to keep her hair down and glasses off cause holy shit was she sexy. lucky dude Keisaku is also im finding myself pulling for the denizens more than i am for the flame hazes
Dec 17, 2011 4:54 PM

Apr 2008
CrimsonLight said:
That nun with Super Inazuma Kick is the supreme commander of the previous Flame Haze wars.

From the description of previous episodes, it never sounds like the enemy is strong. There are some exceptional individuals, just like in the Flame Haze side, but the main reason Outlaw headquarters got destroyed one after another is more because of the also overpowered Sydonay than any other army they bring. He just nullify any named hero character advantage the Flame Haze side have.
Dec 17, 2011 4:54 PM
Apr 2011
Yodelman said:
Damn! Decarabia is one of my favorite Denizens! He deserved better than that. And what was up with Shana's wings in the beginning of the episode? They didn't put the same effort into them that they usually do. And I really liked the Flame Haze lady that got impaled... And the businessman guy.

How many years passed between Seasons 1 and 3? Did Margery just become a pedophile?

my exact thoughts lol is Keisaku old enough? not like it matters but just curious
Dec 17, 2011 5:34 PM

Nov 2008
Lol Nun Falcon Kick was epic.
Keisaku wins!
Fights in the God Gate beginning next week.
Dec 17, 2011 5:37 PM

Jul 2009
Highlight bedroom scene.
Dislike: ONE SHOT FALCON KICK? WTF MAN!
Dec 17, 2011 5:49 PM

Sep 2011
omfg they killed Decarabia D:! i like archetypes like him. but I am definitely excited for some Sabrac vs Wilhelmina.

Dec 17, 2011 6:28 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,Falcon Kick!

Shana getting more and more control of her new powers are cool specially i like the "Eye".

All of MargeryXSatou scene was cute specially seeing Margery so vulnerable,kinda jealous who wouldn't want some with "my horny flame haze" Margery Daw!

The only thing i really hate is they Kill the most awesome Denizen so far beside the triad and Yuuji....we will miss you Decarabia....and fuck you nun!

Next week shit will get awesome we get some epic Sabrac and Yuuji.
Dec 17, 2011 8:58 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Why was there a blizzard during their battle over Seirei-den anyway? When they jumped down last episode it was all fine weather and now when this episode starts it's all snowy. So strange
Dec 17, 2011 10:17 PM

Sep 2007
Awww yeaahhh Keisaku spankin that Margery ass. Too bad Decarabia got blown up already. He was a badass. But at least we get some Sabrac action.
Dec 18, 2011 1:34 AM

Sep 2011
Oh man... that melancholic piano version of Light my Fire really takes me back to Shakugan no Shana season 1's Hishoku no Sora - and the sad moments when the piano verison of that song played. :l
Dec 18, 2011 1:53 AM

Jan 2011
To all those objecting to the Margery x Satou pairing on the basis that he still should be in school:

Margery is several centuries old and a flame haze to boot! Normal rules may not apply, even if Satou were your typical grade 11 student. I'm just happy that Margery was able to work through all the issues of her past and actually trust and care about someone.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 25, 2011

81 by GoldenPincers »»
Feb 9, 2023 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.