Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 24, 2011 9:16 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Creepy novelist, but KajiKaji.

Reality into a novel... and he's at the movie set suddenly as a staff.

About 3 girls falling in love with a guy in a broken house.

He saw Inga for a moment and feeling a case there.

Director telling the actress that they are trapped from somewhere, which not ever told.

Each girl got their theories. The guy with barcode? And director dead? He killed him? The girl, as police, caught him.

Wait, two of Sphere are two of three actresses?

Inga and Miyu-Miyu police are outside the jail, and Inga smelled "that guy".
tsubasaloverNov 24, 2011 9:21 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 24, 2011 9:28 AM

Jul 2011
Not exactly sure what to think of the episode, half awake.

To me it seemed like an augumented dream w/ forced philosophy. Too surreal for it to be reality considering transvestite's absence and the role reversals.
mdzNov 25, 2011 10:50 PM
Nov 24, 2011 10:32 AM
Jul 2011
Very pleasantly surprised by this anime (and this episode especially). See, Bones? I knew you had it in you. Now we can put No. 6 behind us and pretend that it never happened.

So, was this episode a flashback or some kind of mind control, alternate reality, matrix thing? All I can do is wait for the next episode ARGH!
Nov 24, 2011 11:08 AM

Apr 2010
This episode... The hell just happened.

Very good, in a surreal kind of way, regardless. But I'm kinda speechless at it.
Nov 24, 2011 11:24 AM

May 2010
This episode really confused me D:
Nov 24, 2011 11:30 AM

Oct 2010
vivichi said:
This episode really confused me D:

Yeah it confused me to and it was quite boring. I was hoping we didnt see that lil dream world or w/e. Wanted to know more about that other crazy novelist.
Nov 24, 2011 11:46 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Funny, must have mixed some shrooms in with my lunch again.
Nov 24, 2011 11:47 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
More seriously, can't make anything of this episode as it stands - need to wait to see the next episode.
Nov 24, 2011 12:02 PM

Feb 2010
Well... that was interesting.

Yay.. some Inga at the end.
Nov 24, 2011 12:45 PM

Jul 2009
Wow what a mindfuck...somehow...! I like where this anime is going!
Got a nice atmosphere!
Yet it's weird how they are showing a sliced up person in Un-Go but are censoring similar stuff in Mirai Nikki... o_ô

And the ending is always such a pleasure to my ears x3
[.center] [./center]
Nov 24, 2011 12:50 PM

Aug 2007
That reminds me of Hard-Boiled Wonderland and 1Q84... I bet it's from his unconsciousness or something.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Nov 24, 2011 1:00 PM
Nov 2010
That was a nice episode, I'm looking forward to the next one that'll tell (hopefully) about what's happening...:P
Nov 24, 2011 1:56 PM

Dec 2009
What? Like what's happening?

Even though I didn't get the surroundings, this episode was really good :)
Nov 24, 2011 2:44 PM

Aug 2008
To be honest, I haven't enjoyed a few earlier episodes all that much but this episode was very interesting, I liked it a lot. Waiting to see how it continues.

This confused me though. Yuuki seems to be leaning on something in this scene but there's... nothing.

On purpose? Animation error, pfft. Or Yuuki has superb balance.
Nov 24, 2011 2:56 PM

Feb 2011
Woah! epic episode!
Nov 24, 2011 3:25 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Mineko said:
This confused me though. Yuuki seems to be leaning on something in this scene but there's... nothing.

I thought it was the shrooms I ate? It was the only thing that made sense in this episode...

(Actually, I don't think it was a mistake.)
Nov 24, 2011 4:18 PM

Jul 2011
Ahh, mindf---ed. XD

I wanna watch next episode.
Nov 24, 2011 5:02 PM
Dec 2007
So the answer to this incredible, astonishing, almost Satoshi Kon-ish episode, was revealed after the ED. I must admit my brains worked very hard for 23 minutes there... Still, I wonder how someone like Mizushima who did a total trainwreck such as Gundam 00 can now direct a masterpiece like UN-GO ? It makes absolutely no sense (except in that he has almost complete freedom over his series now and the script is obviously far better).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 24, 2011 5:17 PM

Oct 2010
I just got mindfucked
Nov 24, 2011 5:20 PM

Jul 2010
Mineko said:

there are actually two scenes like that, it implies he's just leaning to his correctional room's wall or something, much like he's just confined in just a room or the whole building.
He is shown falling wearing the correctional facility's uniform(for patients) holding some grass w/c actually makes me wonder "WHAT IS HE HOLDING" in the surreal world since the director mentioned it, "what have you got there?"

Jacut said:
So the answer to this incredible, astonishing, almost Satoshi Kon-ish episode, was revealed after the ED. I must admit my brains worked very hard for 23 minutes there... Still, I wonder how someone like Mizushima who did a total trainwreck such as Gundam 00 can now direct a masterpiece like UN-GO ? It makes absolutely no sense (except in that he has almost complete freedom over his series now and the script is obviously far better).

yeah, this episode is Satoshi Kon-ish indeed and awesome too
i need a complete rewatch of this episode actually
and Mizushima and Sho are totally admirable for their efforts so far in this anime
AmberFebruaryNov 24, 2011 5:30 PM
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Nov 24, 2011 7:33 PM

Jul 2011
Interesting episode with a nice twist at the end. Although it was a little confusing, I'm sure the next episode will clear some things up. I caught a bunch of things that I thought were either clues or just minute errors. I'm very excited for the next episode.

My nomination for the most underrated anime of the season.
Nov 24, 2011 7:36 PM

Nov 2011
5 out of 5: Loved it!

Nov 24, 2011 8:06 PM

Jul 2010
wait.wait.wait.wait. - WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!I dont get this episode.
Nov 24, 2011 8:46 PM

Jun 2011
By far probably the most confusing episode. But I quite liked it. Lol @ Yuuki's superior balance.
Nov 24, 2011 8:55 PM
Aug 2011
Somehow, without the ending in which Inga was present, I couldn't have completely understand the episode. It's quite a mindfucker. Shinjirou was warped into a reality novel by the novelist. The setting is the movie site which is in actuality a correctional facility. There, without any idea of his own identity and just playing a role assigned by the novelist, he plays as a cameraman in a movie who tries to solve mysteries along the way. It turned out that the novelist assigned him to be the culprit as soon as he deduced the director's killer. We see in the end a brainwashed Kaishou Rie and the other detective playing as the police who would arrest Shinjirou.
Nov 24, 2011 9:54 PM

Jul 2010
SOOO awesome!!! WOW. I was blown away by this episode.
I was really confused about where he was in the beginning, but then I understood and it was just purely awesomeness.

This show is really getting better.
I don't even know what to say. It's so crazy with the whole movie being another reality and those girl's thoughts.

5/5 - Can't wait for next week!
maca1989 said:
Somehow, without the ending in which Inga was present, I couldn't have completely understand the episode. It's quite a mindfucker. Shinjirou was warped into a reality novel by the novelist. The setting is the movie site which is in actuality a correctional facility. There, without any idea of his own identity and just playing a role assigned by the novelist, he plays as a cameraman in a movie who tries to solve mysteries along the way. It turned out that the novelist assigned him to be the culprit as soon as he deduced the director's killer. We see in the end a brainwashed Kaishou Rie and the other detective playing as the police who would arrest Shinjirou.

I caught some of this, but you were amazing to understand everything. Thanks for clearing some of my doubts up! :) One thing though, how is the movie set itself a correctional facility? I got some clues by the girls' speeches and how they were 'criminals' but I didn't know it to that extent. Could you clear that up por favor? :)
fishergirl16Nov 24, 2011 9:59 PM
Nov 24, 2011 11:02 PM

Jun 2011
wow what e episode
Nov 25, 2011 12:21 AM

Jan 2011
My theory relies on this whole episode being an illusion, or something close to it, due to Green-san's "novel is reality" thing. I believe the girl with him has some type of ability to make such things happen, as Shinjuurou was getting into an exhausted and possibly delusional state at the beginning there.

I'm curious about a couple of things, though. Are the events happening in Shinjuurou's "dream" happening in reality or is he still in that room sitting with Green-san? Or perhaps parts are happening, or time is going at different rates, etc?
Also, does this "dream" have any influence on the rest of the world/story or is it just an isolated case or game to test Shinjuurou's ability or something similar?

Finally, this might explain this episode. Too bad it's not subbed yet.

EDIT: Also, I didn't watch the ending, which by some of the responses seems to explain the episode. I'll have to go back and watch it, along with probably the whole episode, at some point.
Fingerfood.png Fingerfood.png
Nov 25, 2011 12:41 AM

Sep 2011
Quite the episode we have here. From what I can only guess is that the convict introduced in the previous episode is similar to Shinjuurou in which he's contracted to someone(thing) similar to Inga, but with different abilities--in this case, putting someone under a type of dream state. This is all only speculation, but Shinjuurou being in a type of correctional facility is fact. The foreshadowing, when Shinjuurou goes to talk to the director a second time, he begins to lose consciousness when he's asked what he's holding, and collapses. He's shown wearing the correctional facility's uniform. Also the points throughout the episode, where he appears to be leaning against something, though nothing is behind him during the movie set scenes is also used.

Only explanations I can come up with is while he's awake in the correctional facility, he's in this day-dream like state where his view on reality is changed due to the convict from the previous episode.
While he's in this alternate reality of his, while he's standing leaning like he has amazing balance, in reality, he's leaning against the wall of his correctional room.
When he's in the hallway the second time with the director, and the director asks him what he's holding, and he suddenly collapses. In reality, someone working at the correctional facility asking him what he's holding, and perhaps someone gives him a shot in order to put him to sleep in order to control him.

Wonder what everyone else's thoughts are on this episode. As far the series is going, I feel it's been slow up until this point, and this episode should of been done earlier. With only 11 episodes in this series, episode 7 is somewhat late to be putting the first good arc into the anime. Although it's not as bad, this sort of makes me feel like I'm watching Blood-C, where the only good episode is the last one. :P
Nov 25, 2011 1:16 AM

Aug 2008
AmberFebruary said:
Mineko said:
This confused me though. Yuuki seems to be leaning on something in this scene but there's... nothing.--

there are actually two scenes like that, it implies he's just leaning to his correctional room's wall or something, much like he's just confined in just a room or the whole building.

Ah, thought this for a while too, it seems logical. Good.
Nov 25, 2011 2:05 AM

Nov 2008
mindfuck much heh...

And his one bit of help that comes he takes off the headset and misses it.

Hes likely still in the room or in the hall way or something hes certainly still in the prison either way. .. And it looks like Kazamori gets a larger role next part :)
Nov 25, 2011 3:18 AM

Oct 2011
what a mind-f@%k that episode was, yet somehow very enjoyable - where will it all lead - i missed inga in this episode...
Nov 25, 2011 5:58 AM

Sep 2007
Shinjurou is having a mental breakdown.
That seems to be the only thing that makes sense to me in this ep
xp
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Nov 25, 2011 6:04 AM

Apr 2010
Hmm, just thinking about the girl/woman seen standing next to the crazy inmate guy early in the episode. If Inga has the power to make people tell the truth, perhaps this new character has an inverse power- the power to make people see something that is false and percieve it as truth.
Nov 25, 2011 7:53 AM

May 2010
This epsode is really mind spinning but I do know that Novelist guy and the white hair girl had something to do with all this !
Nov 25, 2011 9:53 AM

Feb 2009
Confusing but still interesting episode.. I am looking forward to the ending of this one!
Nov 25, 2011 10:18 AM

Sep 2011
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH ????????????
wai- what the actual fu-
yes it was a big mistake watching this episode before going to sleep :)

why there isn't much of Inga in this ep :\ no me gusta
Nov 25, 2011 11:18 AM

Jul 2010
Mineko said:
AmberFebruary said:
Mineko said:
This confused me though. Yuuki seems to be leaning on something in this scene but there's... nothing.--

Ah, thought this for a while too, it seems logical. Good.

this, the one the director is holding actually explains it

that suggests how he leans here

is like he's looking to the other side of the facility, the men and women are like separated as suggested by the image above, and the director is labeled G, standing for Guard or Warden (and notice how there are only two Fs instead of three, there should be three girls)

sirwence said:
mindfuck much heh...

And his one bit of help that comes he takes off the headset and misses it.

Hes likely still in the room or in the hall way or something hes certainly still in the prison either way. .. And it looks like Kazamori gets a larger role next part :)

yep, Kazamori sure is awesome, and its GitS-ish cyberspace advent for her next week

Xyphite said:
Quite the episode we have here. From what I can only guess is that the convict introduced in the previous episode is similar to Shinjuurou in which he's contracted to someone(thing) similar to Inga, but with different abilities--in this case, putting someone under a type of dream state. This is all only speculation, but Shinjuurou being in a type of correctional facility is fact. The foreshadowing, when Shinjuurou goes to talk to the director a second time, he begins to lose consciousness when he's asked what he's holding, and collapses. He's shown wearing the correctional facility's uniform. Also the points throughout the episode, where he appears to be leaning against something, though nothing is behind him during the movie set scenes is also used.

Only explanations I can come up with is while he's awake in the correctional facility, he's in this day-dream like state where his view on reality is changed due to the convict from the previous episode.
While he's in this alternate reality of his, while he's standing leaning like he has amazing balance, in reality, he's leaning against the wall of his correctional room.
When he's in the hallway the second time with the director, and the director asks him what he's holding, and he suddenly collapses. In reality, someone working at the correctional facility asking him what he's holding, and perhaps someone gives him a shot in order to put him to sleep in order to control him.

Wonder what everyone else's thoughts are on this episode. As far the series is going, I feel it's been slow up until this point, and this episode should of been done earlier. With only 11 episodes in this series, episode 7 is somewhat late to be putting the first good arc into the anime. Although it's not as bad, this sort of makes me feel like I'm watching Blood-C, where the only good episode is the last one. :P

this explains it.

i'm not quite sure what would you like to see on this show cause it build its greatest so far steadily and smoothly, becoming better w/ each passing episode and only those who appreciates themes of war mix in w/ politics, conspiracy and philosophies would appreciate it, and that includes me, a hardcore fan of the said aspects
and this series also includes the best dialogues exchanges i've seen in anime for this year, like Komamori-Shinjuurou exchange, Shimada-Shinjuurou exchange and Kaishou's "Is there only one truth?", and the latest, the way the three girls interpreted a single line from the movie script, those are worth noting for and really reminds me of Kenji's GitS: SAC and Oshii's Patlabor
(also, the OST is so badass while OP/ED already is pure win!)

so far, my most favorite still is Kazamori's, episode 3-4, next is Osada An's, episode 2 and Yajima's, episode 6, i just love how those stories are structured and played
AmberFebruaryNov 25, 2011 12:11 PM
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Nov 25, 2011 11:18 AM
Feb 2011
After reading some of the posts I was able to finally understand a part of this episode. Hopefully the next episode will clear up some more of my confusion
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Nov 25, 2011 12:48 PM

Jul 2008
This episode really surprised me. In the good way.

Though I never "lost hope" in Un-Go [lol] I was seeing it as a nice, relaxing anime after a busy day. This episode surpassed my expectations. In my opinion, it's a masterpiece compared to the other 6 episodes.

I am so excited now! Can't wait too see what happens next
Hekshi_Sekshi said:

yes it was a big mistake watching this episode before going to sleep :)

Indeed.
Nov 25, 2011 12:48 PM
May 2010
Gah this episode broke my mind.

After a couple of watchthroughs I could think of what the other persons might be in non-delusional state of Shinjurou, the director being a guard in the correctional facility (or maybe someone more important) and the actresses being other inmates.

Could the actresses be former war veterans? Or rebels? And the man they loved be some kind of rebel(?) leader? That option popped in my mind when they showed their opinions on "daily life" and "war".

Kazamori seems to try and communicate with Shinjurou at the library scene, but not succeeding.

Shinjurou never seems to move much in any of the scenes which seems odd (and I noticed the whole leaning against thin air only after reading this topic -.-)

And could the Kaishou Rie of Shinjurou's state be some kind of detective/officer that arrested him?

I think this episode has lots of hints about what is what and what kind of a delusional problems Shinjurou is in. Next week can't come fast enough D:
Nov 25, 2011 8:28 PM

Jan 2011
Up until now we've been seeing the contradictions and deceptions in the external world with Japan under control of an authoritarian regime after a war/terrorist incident that may or may not be real, with all information controlled by a draconian digital communication law. With this episode the contradictions and deceptions have moved to an internal world. Now we aren't sure what is true or what is being manipulated in Shinjurou's mind and perceptions. Is there a connection between these two worlds? Who is the novelist and is he really just a person imprisoned under the digital information laws? What are the connections between Shinjurou's sidekick and the novelist's sidekick?

So much confusion--so many questions--this is where I hoped the series was going....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 25, 2011 9:45 PM

Jan 2011
what.
Nov 26, 2011 7:35 AM

Aug 2011
An episode with 10 seconds or less of Inga must be considered a bad episode, right?
Nov 26, 2011 8:21 AM
Aug 2010
Just before this episode, I've said to my boyfriend I had been watching that series to see the ending (I love this song, truly). Now, I've changed my mind ;P I wish, series was like this all the time, because now, I'm afraid, we'll have this one awesome arc till the end or, which will be worse, it will go back to the detective story, as it was.

My guesses are:
1. in his delusions, he reminds his past, before the war
2. his true task is to find the mystery in the facility

And I want more Inga!!!
And I want a hat like his/her :P
We're merely living... and falling
Nov 26, 2011 8:27 AM

Sep 2011
this episode was a mindfuck but in the great way, i want to know what the hell is going on right now, they throw so many subtle hints at whats going on but keep you so lost, this was freaking perfect i want to know what is happening RIGHT NOW, is this real, is it a reality, is this the novelists doing, does rie's dad have anything so do with this cause that pc made him all the more suspicious I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS

that scene where shinjuro was looking at the computer and he saw rie's dad and then the computer bugged made me think that this is a virtual reality that ries dad made and that he is working with the novelist on this, cause as ive stated multiple times last week THIS GUYS GOING TO BE EVIL IM CALLING IT
JizzyHitlerNov 26, 2011 8:34 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 26, 2011 10:25 AM

May 2008
What the hell just happened...

...also they censored a little boy with a knife in his chest in Mirai Nikki, but the director being like..cut in half and limbless didn't have anything covering it?

...sweet mother of god. I have no idea wtf is happening right now.

Nov 26, 2011 12:56 PM

Sep 2011
KayChan4U said:

...also they censored a little boy with a knife in his chest in Mirai Nikki, but the director being like..cut in half and limbless didn't have anything covering it?
hey man i see old men cut into 5 seperate peices all the time in kids shows, its totally G-rated

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 26, 2011 8:37 PM

May 2011
I have a feeling the actress with the director killed him.
Nov 26, 2011 10:37 PM

Jun 2010
I don't even get it.
It's getting more confusing as it goes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Brace625 - Oct 13, 2011

180 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 2:33 PM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2011

72 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 1, 4:52 PM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 20, 2011

117 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 2, 2023 12:33 AM

» UN-GO series--Watch series first or Episode 0 first?

thecursedone - Nov 23, 2013

13 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 25, 2022 2:10 AM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

79 by helldraco »»
Dec 7, 2021 7:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.