Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 15, 2011 2:46 PM

Sep 2008
RyanSaotome said:
Its like people don't realize that this came out before Guilty Crown.

Not to mention that there were like, hundreds of Guilty Crowns before the actual Guilty Crown.
Nov 15, 2011 2:53 PM

Mar 2011
m3lancholy said:
Redfoxoffire said:
dtshyk said:
Synopsis:
Itsuka Shido is a high school boy.

That was all I needed to know.

LOL

^this
tembikai said:
Cashdaxxx said:
High Schoolers are AWESOME in Japan..

they always save the world..

even elementary schoolers can save the world.

^and this too
Nov 15, 2011 3:25 PM

May 2011
It looks okay, but the summary sounds horrible. So generic...

Oh, well. I think I'll hate the main guy, but the art is cool, maybe it'll have cool action scenes and whatnot. I'll probably give it a try.

Tohka (if that's her name) looks like a total tsundere, though.
Nov 15, 2011 3:35 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Sounds very generic but who knows. Hopefully it will surprise us.

Chances are not looking good though ....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 15, 2011 3:40 PM

Mar 2011
HOT
Courtesy of Paul
Nov 15, 2011 5:16 PM
Dec 2008
Correction... it's Ratatoskr
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratatoskr

Btw the name likely has something to do with the game Live a Live (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_A_Live) which I haven't played yet but is apparently a classic.
Nov 15, 2011 5:30 PM

Sep 2011
could be good, ill at least try it but its sounds pretty bad

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 15, 2011 6:35 PM
Apr 2009
Hmmm...the synopsis tells me that it could be a parody anime and I like parodies. I'll wait and see.
Nov 15, 2011 9:54 PM

Oct 2008
EmperorH3ctor said:
Hmmm...the synopsis tells me that it could be a parody anime and I like parodies. I'll wait and see.

haha if only
Nov 16, 2011 1:21 AM

Dec 2008
So many people hating on shows when it's almost impossible to come up with an original story without it being somewhat similar to some other show, that's why these writers stick to what they know works in Japan and what otakus, their primary audience, love.

I, for one, would much prefer watching cute high school age girls and guy saving the world than mature age 40 year old macho men saving the world. Even though they might act a bit stupid, at least they'll be pleasant to look at. If I want actual serious mature age people saving the world, I play games like COD or just watch an American movie or something, which are devoid of any girls.

Actually, the only thing I hope with this show is that the protag isn't a complete wimp. Is he?

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Nov 16, 2011 1:57 AM

Jul 2010
meh,

more expecting from this one
"Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita" to be animeted
Nov 16, 2011 5:54 AM

May 2010
As long it from Novel and get to be animated, I will watch this. Oh yeah , The synopsis interesting me very much.

dtshyk said:
Kotori says "I don't ask you to beat the spirit. Just let her fall in love with you and save the world."
Nov 19, 2011 3:26 PM

Aug 2009
HOPE ITS GOOD!!! X___X
Dec 14, 2011 4:08 AM

Dec 2011
Confucius said:
m3lancholy said:
Redfoxoffire said:
dtshyk said:
Synopsis:

LOL

I know where this is heading, from my experience.

Yes this and
dtshyk said:
a girl in armor appears in front of him

"I ask of you, are you my Master?"
Sorry, can't resist.
Dec 14, 2011 7:17 AM

Feb 2010
Oh wow, I was already put off by the first sentence, but the rest made it even worse. Definitely sounds like another Guilty Crown.

I'll wait for staff members to be announced though.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 1, 2012 6:51 PM

Aug 2010
Why isn't the light novel in MAL?
Apr 2, 2012 3:44 AM
Jan 2010
Confucius said:
ANOTHER Guilty Crown??

looks more like Chaos;Head if you ask me...
Apr 2, 2012 3:49 AM

May 2010
hahaha this has got to be the most original thing ever!

If I was speaking American, this "Special Disasterous Designated Creature: Spirit" would be "SDDCS"
...yes they have a thing for abbreviations.
Apr 2, 2012 9:10 AM

Nov 2011
Meh, not sure on this but still happy
Apr 2, 2012 1:28 PM

May 2011
Checked the website, saw the awesome art and bunch of girls + weapons. Sold! Waiting for more news on this now.
Apr 3, 2012 12:56 AM

Mar 2012
I saw the artwork awhile back an was already hooked on it.

I hope it doesn't take years for it to air, cause that would be a complete bummer to be honest.
Sep 21, 2012 12:19 AM

Oct 2011
artwork for this(LN) same as hyperdimension artist
Sep 23, 2012 4:34 AM

Jan 2012
I'll watch it. The art and characters looks great in the preview.
Sep 23, 2012 6:58 AM

Jan 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
dtshyk said:
Synopsis:

This. But I guess I'll watch it because I quite like light novel adaptions ehe
Sep 23, 2012 11:02 AM

Oct 2011
do hope the HDN would be as close to the anime(i think the neptune V) they animate
Sep 23, 2012 6:22 PM

Nov 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Oh wow, I was already put off by the first sentence, but the rest made it even worse. Definitely sounds like another Guilty Crown.

I'll wait for staff members to be announced though.

I read some of the Light novel already, and I don't really see how it is in anyway similar to Guilty Crown to be honest. A much better series to compare it to would be The World God Only Knows, except with more action elements in it. If you guys want to read some of the novel go to Baka-Tsuki, though only bits and pieces are translated, it can give you a general idea.

Also, I find it hilarious/sad how many people here reject the term "never judge a book by its cover". I know everyone has a right to the decision of watching or not watching a show, but is it really necessary to go on the forum celebrating the announcement of an anime release and say, "dropped before I even read a full sentence of the summary". It just seems a bit dickish from my point a view, at least wait for a trailer or something.
HollowneroxSep 23, 2012 6:34 PM
Sep 23, 2012 6:30 PM

Sep 2011
sounds really stereotypical. But I might check this out because I love time-related stories. Doubtful though about how this would be executed
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 24, 2012 9:26 AM

Jul 2012
Well the action looks pretty cool, but what tells me this show probably wont be all that good is:

1. In the first one minute of the TRAILER there was a panty shot -____-
2. Doesn't it SCREAM harem? From the trailer it looks like the main protagonist is the only guy in the show, and there's like 5 main girls. Two of them were even fighting over which of their home cooking he would eat! -_______-

Unless this completely breaks the mold of other similar shows and does something GOOD, I might watch it. Heck, if they town down the obnoxious fighting over the usually obnoxiously dense guy it might be watchable. But seriously, trailer isn't very promising.

If anyone who's read whatever novel's there are please inform me about this show, I'm actually hoping my first impression is wrong because there's enough bad anime out there as it is :P
QuiGonJonSep 24, 2012 9:31 AM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Sep 26, 2012 12:21 AM

Oct 2011
QuiGonJon said:
Well the action looks pretty cool, but what tells me this show probably wont be all that good is:

1. In the first one minute of the TRAILER there was a panty shot -____-
2. Doesn't it SCREAM harem? From the trailer it looks like the main protagonist is the only guy in the show, and there's like 5 main girls. Two of them were even fighting over which of their home cooking he would eat! -_______-

Unless this completely breaks the mold of other similar shows and does something GOOD, I might watch it. Heck, if they town down the obnoxious fighting over the usually obnoxiously dense guy it might be watchable. But seriously, trailer isn't very promising.

If anyone who's read whatever novel's there are please inform me about this show, I'm actually hoping my first impression is wrong because there's enough bad anime out there as it is :P

if you wanna get an idea for it try reading the LN in baka tsuki although the TL aint that far so you wont be spoiled that much
Dec 26, 2012 8:32 PM

May 2011
One side tells me this is gonna makes me go "Not again..." the other side tells me, "who knows, it might do something special"
Dec 30, 2012 6:07 AM
Dec 2012
I just wish that the main GIRL character does not die here like in Guilty Crown. Anyway, I have high hopes for this anime and I'm really looking forward to watch this. Can't Wait! :)
Dec 30, 2012 7:44 AM

Apr 2010
Why are people comparing Date a Live to Guilty Crown? They are nothing alike.

Dec 30, 2012 8:05 AM
Dec 2012
RyanSaotome said:

Yeap! Date a live is unique on its on way. But my only wish is that the main girl character should not die. When i watched guilty crown, it left me a guilt feeling like a bad feeling for the main character boy. LOL
Dec 30, 2012 8:00 PM

Jul 2012
Hot girls are all that's needed.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 3, 2013 1:21 PM

Jun 2009
RyanSaotome said:

I also dont understand why.
After reading a little of this topic,I think its because they are both about a high school boy that saves the world.Which is even more confusing because there are a lot of other anime/manga like that.

Mar 4, 2013 8:44 PM
Jul 2012
RockerXD said:
One side tells me this is gonna makes me go "Not again..." the other side tells me, "who knows, it might do something special"

I tried to read the manga, but when saw a loli waking up her older brother by jumping on him, thus giving a panty shot in page 5 I kind of just stopped.

The premis is similar to TWGOK. But what made that series good was that instead of the protagonist being:

"a nice guy who has lots of women falling in love with him for no other reason then him just being good hearted and brave."

He was more of:

"a manipulative, stoic, baster who uses his intelligence to make women fall in love with" << Basically what Light and Lelouch would be if they were focused on conquering women instead of the world.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Darwin Jihen' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

10 by OniCornwalis »»
6 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

9 by Kamirura »»
7 hours ago

» 'Touken Ranbu Kai' Prequel Anime Movie Announced for August 2024

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
8 hours ago

» TV Version of 'Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction' Anime Movie Announced

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

20 by Ionliosite2 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

19 by IdaB »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.