Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 2008 7:20 AM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fire Bomba! Ozma!

Next episode!

Oh yeah real 2nd OP Lion should start up next episode, rumor has it that they were waiting until 18 due to the spoilers in the OP and considering the way 17 ends it should be obvious who that spoiler is about.
WestloAug 1, 2008 11:22 AM
Aug 1, 2008 10:17 AM

Dec 2007
eeeek
hot.
can't ever get more of that brera badassery/
is it just me or do you think ozma will die in this series???

sort of worried about Luca...., and for michel for all the "investigation" he's doing.

we'll definately get more of sheryl, it be amazing if she'd end up manning a valkyrie ne!!!! :P

this series is getting so interesting
Aug 1, 2008 7:13 PM

Mar 2008
Go brera! he pwns xD

Yeh the death flags Ozma got was insane but he pulled trough
Still dont get the link between Leon, Bilrer, Grace and now even Luca.

Hm i don't think Sheryl will become a full blown pilot she will take the lead next episode and it looked interesting from the preview.
And why is everyone ignoring the nice litlle cute animal that will become a VERY big nasty Vajra?

MAL list updates
Aug 1, 2008 9:27 PM

Jul 2008
I felt a deep pain inside when I saw the beginning with Ozma and how Ranka was then cheered up somehow with that pineapple cake. Probably personal experience might have reminded me something but a child seeing a whole massacre of a colony is something to bear to anyone. I AM TOTALLY MOE AFTER THAT ABOUT THE NEW OP. Yay for Ranka Lee cause they made her during the whole OP really cute so being MOE about might actually be natural for this one, for those who are fans of Ranka Lee and anyways was about time...too much glory of Sheryl on the OPs and EDs. You know Ozma reminded of GTO when Onizuka saved that girl with the glasses from a gang but got shot so many times yet managed to go and finish the exam, same with Ozma...he fought, got damaged a lot and yet maanges to make it to Ranka's concert but good thing he does not die. I agreed with the guy about LOL with Michael and Klan but in the beginning it was more kawai and after it got big time LOL cause it does make Michael look like a lolicon, I said makes not is just to be clear. So those piece of **** are using the Vajras to get fold quartz in order to have a better transport system so as to rule the galazy cause he who controls the transport can control the galazy from the looks of Bilrer thinking. I agree but that is no different than self-interest USA BS thinking about oil. In other words Leon is using Bilrer to do something after his achievement and in the end self-interest prevails. SCREW THE DAMN VAJRAS FOR HAVING SUCH CURSED ABILITY! I mean come on adapting to attacks and relaying information of damage between them??? That means they can send even all the info to the Mother ship and even their colonies. Damn this most likely a huge problem. I officially recognize now from this episode OZMA IS THE NEXT ROY FOCKER! Absolutely as much as Ranka Lee being the next Lyn Min Mei (no I do not thing Basara is better). Let's hope Sheryl gets even with Grace but also that Michael finds out about the pills. Finally see you all in #18 and EVERYONE SING THE RANKA SONG OF THIS ONE CAUSE IT'S GOOD! ^_^
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 1, 2008 11:04 PM

Dec 2007
that was a blast from the past right at the start with nikki basara songs. although the new OP and ED looks really simple i really like the new songs, maybe i will download the songs my zune. and for the episode perse, well i still dont understand a lot of things, i will have to wait for the next episodes to understand then

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Aug 2, 2008 6:34 AM

Oct 2007
angel999 said:
I AM TOTALLY MOE AFTER THAT ABOUT THE NEW OP. Yay for Ranka Lee cause they made her during the whole OP really cute so being MOE about might actually be natural for this one, for those who are fans of Ranka Lee and anyways was about time...too much glory of Sheryl on the OPs and EDs.

Finally see you all in #18 and EVERYONE SING THE RANKA SONG OF THIS ONE CAUSE IT'S GOOD! ^_^

It's just a temporary OP to try and boost cd sales for the Ranka single which are lacking behind the other two cd singles.

Oricon 2008 Top 100 Singles Chart (Sales for the year in total)

#45 - 96,487 - Diamond Crevasse/Don't be late by Sheryl Nome starring May'n 08/05/08
#49 - 85,755 - Triangler by Maaya Sakamoto 08/04/23
#72 - 61,749 - Interstellar Flight by Ranka Lee = Megumi Nakajima 08/06/25

I suspect that the opening for episode 17 on the dvds will again be Triangler. The real OP Lion starts up in episode 18, I expect Grace to say whatever Sheryl really is, Sheryl's eyes to go wide and viola new OP by May'n & Megumi. 2 pics from the Lion OP leaked allready... Ranka singing in front of the Monster which we already know about... Sheryl's one is interesting...
Aug 2, 2008 9:43 AM

Aug 2007
pendragon said:

is it just me or do you think ozma will die in this series???

He's the Skull Leader, probability of death for GAR Skull Leaders seems to be high.

Also Basara OST for this episode was pure win, but I hoped for some Totsugeki Love Heart, at least during the last fight... possibly the Duet Version with Mylene <3

Edit: I almost forgot... FIRE! BOMBER!
BardAug 2, 2008 9:48 AM
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Aug 2, 2008 11:26 AM
May 2008

at least people have stopped asking about the earing...

angel999 can you separate that so its readable?
Aug 2, 2008 4:28 PM

Dec 2007
hatebobbarker said:

I'm worried about Luca as well. I hope I don't end up hating him, maybe Sheryl will learn to fly and take his place

its hard to hate him. he may be stupid, but not evil.
and he still has to have his relationship with nanase
Aug 2, 2008 10:03 PM
Jun 2008
really dont no wat 2 say bout dis ep= =
i thought ozuma died for sure man, da whole ep was almost exactly like da ep in macross wen roy died but then at da end he didnt= =

the only good part of the ep (reason i gave it 5 out of 5) is the basara songs (very short though)
Aug 3, 2008 8:34 PM

Mar 2008
i think it would have ben better for the story and the other characters of ozma died.
Aug 4, 2008 12:57 AM
May 2008
M_A said:
i think it would have ben better for the story and the other characters of ozma died.

it would have just been copying the original series, and that's boring.
Aug 4, 2008 5:45 AM

Oct 2007
No it wouldn't have been copying.. because if Ozma had died here no one would've been surprised.. whereas Fokker's one came out of nowhere as did Kanzaki in the episode right after.

Ozma's was so telegraphed it's not funny, they pretty much made fun of people who thought he would die this episode. Michael "It would of been so emotional if he died".
Aug 5, 2008 12:38 AM

Nov 2007
WTF? How did he hide a wound like that until it was THAT obvious?
Aug 8, 2008 2:32 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm the animation dropped dramatically in this episode, but it was good to have some Ozma and Ranka development. And I'm glad he didn't die, that means the script writers are not that bad, as Westlo said, because they made it so obvious he would die this episode that I would have been dissapointed if he really did.

I'm nopt convinced by the way the series is developping right now, but I guess we'll see how it goes in the next few episodes, hopefully Sheryll will step up big time and show Grace what she is made of. Oh and she'll finish with Alto oviously at the end (unless the script writers are really, totally fooling us good but I don't think so).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 8, 2008 10:53 PM

May 2008
hatebobbarker said:
M_A said:

it would have just been copying the original series, and that's boring.
I've honestly been expecting Ozma to die this series for a while now, and thought it was gonna happen twice in this episode.

Thankfully he didn't, else I would've dropped my score of this series a full point because the idiot writers copied Roy's death. I know there's not much original material left, but blatant copying of past material gets tiring too quickly.

In regards to Brera, it's nice to see him with a psychological issue from being more machine than human. A disassociation of human determination to win against even the gravest of odds in the fight for survival. Makes me wonder if Grace and any of the other androids and full conversion cyborgs in this series are just as psychotic.

Aug 9, 2008 12:36 AM

Aug 2007
i think ozma's death would have been a nice tragedy for this story
its similarity to roy's death would not have mattered much to me because i don't think it would make the story sour or whatever, because of how nicely they built it up since the beginning of the episode
but as much as that would have been cool, i agree that his non-death is a better conclusion, it kinda caught me off guard and it really is a cute ending :D
i think they were teasing the viewers with this one hehehe

Aug 9, 2008 5:30 AM

Sep 2007
too much stuff to put in one single episode imo.

+ the OP is pretty nice, and the ED is horrible... meh
Aug 9, 2008 12:07 PM
May 2008
Westlo said:
No it wouldn't have been copying.. because if Ozma had died here no one would've been surprised.. whereas Fokker's one came out of nowhere as did Kanzaki in the episode right after.

Ozma's was so telegraphed it's not funny, they pretty much made fun of people who thought he would die this episode. Michael "It would of been so emotional if he died".

what does being surprised have to do with whether they copied Roy's death or not?
I demand you show me this new magical definition where surprise is required for something to copy something else, you have redefined my world.
Aug 9, 2008 1:58 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode, Ozma was so GAR ! ^^

And wtf with that opening, i jumped from my chair lol
Aug 9, 2008 1:59 PM

Oct 2007
How would dying from a blast while protecting the bridge of quarter (since this is what caused the injury he had) ripped off roys dying from random flack in battle against Millia's squadron? You know if we want to get technical about copying! The thing that ended up killing Roy wasn't even the focus, that part was entirely on the first battle between Maxmillian and Millia.
Aug 11, 2008 2:13 PM

Aug 2007
I laughed for a long time over the SDF parallels in this episode. Even though Macross 7 was a pain to watch it felt good to hear some of the songs.
Aug 11, 2008 4:09 PM
May 2008
Westlo said:
How would dying from a blast while protecting the bridge of quarter (since this is what caused the injury he had) ripped off roys dying from random flack in battle against Millia's squadron? You know if we want to get technical about copying! The thing that ended up killing Roy wasn't even the focus, that part was entirely on the first battle between Maxmillian and Millia.

he landed post battle, people assumed he was fine or whatever and went to see his girl. there was talk of cake(pineapple i believe) then he dropped unceremoniously with blood pouring out of him.
Aug 17, 2008 6:33 PM

Apr 2008
The OP was Cute-Overload.

RANKA FTW!

Oct 29, 2008 6:48 AM

Feb 2008
OP was pretty moe.
Almost thought Ozma died there.
Good episode.
Jan 1, 2009 1:31 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Now that was a really nice episode. Loved Menclave's typesetting for Ranka's song. But I smell conspiracy lol.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 18, 2009 9:09 PM

Jan 2008
Damn, thought Ozma died died also D:
OP was well, cute.
Sep 16, 2009 10:02 AM

Apr 2008
*Rubs forehead for Ozma*

What a tease. (and it WAS almost like Fokker too). Being Skull leader is a curse.
Oct 10, 2009 6:42 PM

Jan 2009
Ozma's GAR rating just went up! O_O
Dec 12, 2009 10:29 AM

Apr 2009
Oh god damnit... the creators of this show are fucking sadists... I was convinced they were going to Fockerize Ozma... everything was there even that damned pineapple cake(salad) and then when all seemed like another classic Macross moment was going to be retold the bastards subverted it... damn now if Ozma doesn't make it through the end of the series I'm going to be seriously annoyed.
Dec 14, 2009 10:11 PM

Jan 2009
Hot damm! I seriously thought Ozma was a gonner in this one! They focused on him way to much it just made sense but I'm glad he survived.

Apr 29, 2010 9:45 PM
Feb 2009
I was pretty darn sure Ozma was a goner there.
Jun 14, 2010 1:07 AM

Dec 2009
This series keeps improving.
Jun 27, 2010 10:25 PM

Nov 2007
Orionite said:
I laughed for a long time over the SDF parallels in this episode. Even though Macross 7 was a pain to watch it felt good to hear some of the songs.

Was drinking pineapple juice while watching pineapple cake paralleling pineapple salad.
Jul 24, 2010 10:35 AM

Aug 2009
Woa.. man , i thought that Ozma died.
Dec 15, 2010 7:54 PM

Aug 2009
Ozma's manriness FTW.
Dec 21, 2010 10:43 PM

May 2008
I like Seikan Hikou and all, but I really hope that animation won't stick around... Also, was rather annoyed the multiple-wakings-up from the "dream" of Ozma's death.
Jul 2, 2011 2:51 PM

Aug 2009
AWWW! cute ending! ^^

I kinda wished Ozma adoped Ranka as his daughter other than sister..
Jul 13, 2011 1:25 PM

Jul 2010
I like the opening song for this episode!
Dec 1, 2011 7:35 AM

Aug 2010
I actually thought Ozma would die.... :o Luckily he didn't..!

Luca, is he involved in some shady business??? Hmm things get more complicated now.
Dec 12, 2011 8:10 AM

Jun 2008
During the whole episode i was like "oh! no Ozma is dead, Oh! he made it,OH! no he died, Oh! he made it!, Oh no! he died!".

Anyway awesome cliffhanger there. Finally Sheryl will face that evil manager.
Dec 20, 2011 10:04 PM

Feb 2009
Ozma reminds me so much of Roy Focker for his great speeches and manliness! (Best characters of Macross franchise. Period.) So for a moment there I was certain he was going to die. Not sure if it was the right move telling in our faces he was going to bite the dust and in the end he suddenly doesn't. Anyway I'm glad he lives so that he can show those other bland and uninteresting folk what's like to be a great character :P
Aug 6, 2012 2:10 AM

Sep 2011
LOL WTF WAS THAT FOR!? That was so damn pointless. LOL

I was literally all tensed up because I thought he died! >:(
Aug 14, 2012 5:27 PM

Jun 2009
blue-y said:
I actually thought Ozma would die.... :o Luckily he didn't..!

Luca, is he involved in some shady business??? Hmm things get more complicated now.

I would have been pissed if he died. I would have said if he does "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!
Oct 12, 2012 12:54 AM

Sep 2009
THAT WAS BULLSHIT.
The pineapple cake int he beginning had me going "Nnononononononono"

And then he did a Mu La Flaga by taking a direct hit in front of the bridge.

And then he pulls a Roy Falker....
Oh god.
That was on the edge of your seat the entire time.
Sep 2, 2013 1:30 PM
May 2013
What ?! Ozma is alive ?! I thought he is going to be the next Roy Focker. Pineapple in Macross is cursed I tell you.

Too much Ranka in this episodes I want more Sheryl .
Oct 17, 2013 7:06 AM

Oct 2007
i was afraid that pineapple cake was gonna end up being the same as that pineapple salad. Thankfully it was not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2014 11:32 PM

May 2011
THAT anticlimactic moment when the screen shifted to Ozma in the hospital after his seeming death. I SWEAR he embodies the true form of gar. The amount of times he avoided death can only be beaten by Immortal Colasour from Gundam 00.
Decent episode otherwise, although seeing Ranka getting manipulated by the government under Mishima (who is also ironically manipulated by Grace lol) really irks me to no end. Can we rule out the possibility that Luca is a spy? Carrying the burden of the company's name, while making sure that the head of SMS doesn't go overboard...the politics in this is heavy. Well, in the end, Alto will still have the last laugh. Grace's actions are questionable though. Spying for the Vajras? So it seems. 4/5
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Dec 11, 2014 11:33 PM

May 2011
Sabinlerose said:
THAT WAS BULLSHIT.
The pineapple cake int he beginning had me going "Nnononononononono"

And then he did a Mu La Flaga by taking a direct hit in front of the bridge.

And then he pulls a Roy Falker....
Oh god.
That was on the edge of your seat the entire time.

THIS.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Apr 18, 2015 4:32 PM

Apr 2012
Ozma rocking those old Basara songs, damn straight.

Also all those Focker troll moments, best kind of fanservice.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lalolan - Dec 24, 2007

116 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.