Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 30, 2008 11:37 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think that Juri is retarded.
But is that possible? The one getting sent to hell, to pull the string??
Nov 21, 2008 11:06 AM
May 2008
It was an assisted pull. But the real issue for me is that it seemed that Juri's hate at the end was gone, and that is the critical compenent to getting your revenge granted.
Dec 6, 2008 10:38 PM

Jun 2008
All I have to say is: What the fuck.
Apr 20, 2009 5:58 AM

Dec 2008
Yeah WTF, but Mari knew that Juri is going to die soon and as she couldnt know if she is going to hell after her death or not, she send herself to hell to keep the promise.

On the Surface a nice story but in the end, Juris blind rage destroyed not only her own life, she killed even her most beloved friend... cowardly fag.
May 20, 2009 5:46 PM

Mar 2009
acdc5320 said:

*nods* well said.
May 28, 2009 6:59 PM

May 2009
This has been my favourite episode so far. I actually cried at the end of this one. It was really touching and I think that, given time, they would have realised that it was more than friendship...or is that the yuri lover in me ^_^
Jul 14, 2009 4:58 PM

Jan 2008
SeventhTerrace said:
This has been my favourite episode so far. I actually cried at the end of this one. It was really touching and I think that, given time, they would have realised that it was more than friendship...or is that the yuri lover in me ^_^

Ehehe I liked to think that too XD
This is one of my fave eps ♥
Sep 26, 2009 9:24 PM

Aug 2009
Raaage.
This episode contains one of the most psycho friendships ever.
and yes, it was an assisted pull. I guess they still count it. :D

Nice episode overall, made me rage a little though.
Jan 16, 2010 10:11 AM

Nov 2009
i cant belive she would threaten her like that!!! i hope my bff and i never end up like that!!! and i guess im glad there still together... i guess X3
Feb 15, 2010 11:58 PM
Oct 2009
Damn, Mari is one hell of a friend. As for Juri, she's just pathetic, as a friend and also as a human being.
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
May 26, 2010 8:36 PM
May 2010
I really hate the way Juri does things.....really, she is just abusing her friendship and just trying to control her friend.... what is wrong with talking to other people for just a moment? I had similar situation before, my friend ignored me because I talked to someone he doesn't like, and for me I also ignored him...that is the best way of handling it!! I do not want to befriend with ego. This is not friendship, it is called friend domination. I am sick of that!!
jimmy2027May 26, 2010 9:18 PM
May 29, 2010 7:00 PM

Mar 2010
this type of possessive friendship is truly sick. i didn't find anything appealing about it, it's just wrong. being in mari's position isn't as glamorous as it seems.

stolkholm syndrome, bros.
Jun 25, 2010 1:09 PM
Sep 2009
SeventhTerrace said:

Oh no no no, Juri was DEFINITELY hot for Mari. You weren't imagining it at all- There were some really strong shoujo-ai vibes going on there.
Doesn't make what she was doing to poor Mari any more right, though. Blackmail's blackmail, no matter how you slice it.
Just my two cents.
Jul 14, 2010 9:11 PM
Jul 2008
MandarinKitten said:
Just wondering... does this ever happen in real life? A sick possesive friendship?

Sadly, yes it does. x__X

Really did not like this episode. >< Both Mari and Juri were very messed up girls, moreso than your typical Jigoku Tsuushin clientelle, I didn't like that their possesiveness and and extreme selfishness were portrayed as "friendship" or "loyalty."
Oct 31, 2010 6:58 AM

Jul 2010
Woah that was one hell of an episode. It was weird, twisted and a bit psycho... and also a bit Yuri? Well it's not my taste (I don't hate it either) but it was good, really a bittersweet story. It was so sad Juri misunderstood things when Ren was trying to comfort Mari...
Jan 30, 2011 10:27 PM

Dec 2008
ScrewBall said:
SeventhTerrace said:

Oh no no no, Juri was DEFINITELY hot for Mari. You weren't imagining it at all- There were some really strong shoujo-ai vibes going on there.
Doesn't make what she was doing to poor Mari any more right, though. Blackmail's blackmail, no matter how you slice it.

Oh, good, so it wasn't just me reading the shoujo-ai/yuriness into their relationship.

Juri was totally possessive and took off once she saw Mari huggin' all over Ren because it was like, "HOMG I WAS REPLACED AGAIN ONLY I CAN TOUCH AND HUG AND LISTEN TO MARI'S PROBLEMS!!" Lawl.

Jeez, that is not a friend. "Ohnoes, I couldn't study for the test because my already healed foot hurt SO BAD LAST NIGHT," boo-fucking-hoo. Goodness me. That's pathetic. If it wasn't for that doll, I would totally go nuts on her, or better yet get someone to snatch the damn doll away from her. Yeah, yeah, I get that it was actually her heart, but GOD way to guilt trip a person.

I was floored that Mari pulled the string for Juri, though I should have seen it coming - even if I called the truck collision just a few moments before. I just yelled, "WHY," at my screen like I'd get the answer. Oy.
Feb 7, 2011 12:42 AM
Feb 2011
-.- at the ending, bad timing by the hell-girl team, creating that misunderstanding at the worst possible moment. Well...the fact that they can be together again in hell upgrades the ending from a (WTF) to a (Semi-Bad End)
Feb 19, 2011 9:01 AM

Oct 2008
Urgh.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 2, 2011 3:25 AM

Oct 2009
WHAT.THE.FUCK.
GAHHHH its Ren's fault >_>!
Jan 21, 2012 3:50 AM

Dec 2011
First, no one's gonna mention the candle at the end?! Certainly I'm not the only one who noticed, right? ...The candle lighting at the end of each episode seems to represent unresolved hatred -- Even though revenge was dealt, the hatred was never healed. By the candle being immediately blown out, I would bet that the hell the shoujo-ai lovers ended up going to is not a hell of suffering as it is for those with unresolved hatred. Just a hypothesis; let me know your opinions on this as a quote below!

Oh, and I so called the truck incident when she started running across the street.

To reply to some comments above that mentioned the "assisted pull" of the string and the fact that the doll did not disappear with the hatred at the end (sorry I forgot to quote): I think the assisted pull was mentioned in the last season with the episode where the girl accidentally sent her friend to hell because her friend was trying to force her to remove the string. Also, the doll does not disappear with the hatred, but with the loss of emotion or an un-desire to use it (imho): the hatred turned to love, which from a previous episode (help me out with the episode number?) we know hatred and love are very similar emotions, thus the doll still worked. Think I'm way off base here or do you agree?

Perfect Episode; 6/5 ★★★★✶

Signature:
Signature:
Jan 29, 2012 10:12 PM

Oct 2009
One of my fav episodes. ;) XD

Someone should've make a fanfic of this... with better end... not the semi wtf ending. -,-
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Mar 13, 2012 7:06 PM
Jul 2009
sugarcane said:
Juri, she's just pathetic, as a friend and also as a human being.

..It's just a show. And I think the stupidity behind her hatred and feelings of betrayal say more for the people who made the show than for the character.
UserDeletedMar 17, 2012 4:34 PM
Apr 19, 2012 7:39 AM

Jul 2011
when i watched juri i saw a bad quality i have in myself because i dont have lots of friends so when my friends get new ones i do sometimes get jealous but not to that extent
Apr 19, 2012 7:41 AM

Jul 2011
kesmikcuz said:
First, no one's gonna mention the candle at the end?! Certainly I'm not the only one who noticed, right? ...The candle lighting at the end of each episode seems to represent unresolved hatred -- Even though revenge was dealt, the hatred was never healed. By the candle being immediately blown out, I would bet that the hell the shoujo-ai lovers ended up going to is not a hell of suffering as it is for those with unresolved hatred. Just a hypothesis; let me know your opinions on this as a quote below!

Oh, and I so called the truck incident when she started running across the street.

To reply to some comments above that mentioned the "assisted pull" of the string and the fact that the doll did not disappear with the hatred at the end (sorry I forgot to quote): I think the assisted pull was mentioned in the last season with the episode where the girl accidentally sent her friend to hell because her friend was trying to force her to remove the string. Also, the doll does not disappear with the hatred, but with the loss of emotion or an un-desire to use it (imho): the hatred turned to love, which from a previous episode (help me out with the episode number?) we know hatred and love are very similar emotions, thus the doll still worked. Think I'm way off base here or do you agree?

Perfect Episode; 6/5 ★★★★

no the candles arent the unresolved hatred it's the person who contacted hell girl lifespan and juri's blew out because she died
Aug 9, 2012 12:04 PM

May 2012
What a great episode I must say! Even though the accident and mostly was caused by influence by Ren but still it was a great story, to offer your self to be with your friend in hell must take lot's of emotion to do so!

Either way was a great episode!
Aug 20, 2012 1:59 PM

Aug 2010
Damn Juri was freaking crazy. Pretty messed up episode.

4/5
Aug 21, 2012 11:34 AM

Jun 2011
Gretel said:
SeventhTerrace said:

Ehehe I liked to think that too XD
This is one of my fave eps ♥
This ^^

But really... this episode was such a mindfuck xD This is one of the very few times when I've thought "OMG Why did it have to end like this!?!? ><" after the episode ended, lol

And I'm surprised to see that the meddling of Ren actually affected the result quite much, this hasn't happened before I think..?
Sep 13, 2012 11:30 AM
Sep 2009
WTF?!
a) Stupid Ren! Who said not to get involved with clients?! It is you who caused all of it!
b) Juri is an even bigger idiot! Mari never said yes, just maybe and she makes it sound like if Mari said "Juri can go to hell for all I care" x_x
c) Just because you are friends, doesn't mean that your tied to each other!

Bad episode, made me face palm whole time.

P.S. Why didn't they take the doll away from Juri in the first place? Her situation seemed more stupid than some others that they refused to accept!
And WTF with the truck?! The girl was at the crossing! The truck should have spotted her and if not completely stop than at least slow down what should not cause fatal injuries.
kitten320Sep 13, 2012 11:35 AM
Sep 18, 2012 10:51 AM

Apr 2011
Poor Mari... what a true friend. Juri on the other hand, not so much, even before the abusing the doll, but she seem to reform at the end, to bad Ren came in and made an misunderstanding of the situation.

Someone pointed out regarding the assist string pulling and the candle at the ending, being blown out. I gonna pay closer attention to it now.

Kikuri is wacky creepy cute again!
Sep 22, 2012 4:03 AM

Jan 2012
logic... this episode has none
Oct 2, 2012 10:36 AM

Mar 2012
kesmikcuz said:

I believe the candles being blown out meant to show that the person died already. I think it was shown in some earlier episodes.

kitten320 said:
WTF?!
Just because you are friends, doesn't mean that your tied to each other!

I think you're missing the whole shoujo-ai thing that people have been pointing here.

Anyway, awesome episode. These two didn't really deserve to go to hell. But as Mari has said, they wouldn't know where they'd go after they die. Oh, and if it wasn't for that incident, everything would've worked out.
Nov 2, 2012 7:13 PM
Aug 2011
I seriously hate these forced endings. She was standing in the middle of the street for a good 4-5 seconds before getting hit. What idiot is driving too fast to stop in that time in a city?
Dec 18, 2012 5:19 AM

Jan 2012
really irritating episode D: they both deserved it in the end.
Mar 3, 2013 10:03 AM

Oct 2012
tikuku said:
acdc5320 said:

*nods* well said.

yup...
Mar 28, 2013 2:31 PM

Aug 2008
I just knew Juri was about to get knocked over by a car the moment she stopped in her tracks in the middle of the road.
Can this get even more predictable?
Jul 16, 2013 8:25 AM

Apr 2009
oh the things i would do just to punch mari in the face...
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Sep 12, 2013 11:22 AM

Jan 2012
I can't believe Ren didn't feel responsible at all because he is clearly responsible for their death.

Juri bitch. Mari just plain stupid. That was no friendship, it was psycho yuri love.
Nov 16, 2013 1:55 PM

Feb 2010
Everyone's bitch out Ren. Guys, they're not omniscient! They may be supernatural, but they don't know every little thing that goes on around them. It's not Ren's fault Juri decided to run and stop in the middle of the road. That's why they do investigations of the clients. Only Ai seems to be the one who knows what happens without being told. Or is at least very perceptive. The three of them seem to be getting a bit more involved with the clients this season than in the last, or are at least getting more screen time.
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Dec 3, 2013 9:18 PM

Jun 2012
what a idiotic episode it was not bad but this girls where just to plane stupid i mean
why stand in the middle of the road to wait almost 30 second to get hit by a truck which can't stop for some reason or drive around her she almost could dance the polka and still walk away safely. also why would you want to stay friends with someone like that.

in this episode not only the the thread of the doll was loose but also a thread in there heads.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Mar 24, 2014 12:13 AM

Jan 2014
Well, I love Ren, but he was one bit of the degrade of the situation..

But this was a nice episode, the weakest in my opinion, maybe along with 2 or 3 of the first ones..
May 17, 2014 4:18 AM

Jul 2012
-_-

Ok it's official everyone in this series are dumb asses.

And about the candle going out.......that indicates that the persons life has ended there flame went out if you will. So really they went to hell
geekfreak17aMay 17, 2014 4:22 AM
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Oct 13, 2014 9:03 PM

Nov 2013
Wow. Mari was so fucking stupid. Who the fuck would willingly send themselves to hell? A CRAZY BITCH WHO WANTS TO FEEL PAIN AND AGONY FOR ETERNITY THAT'S WHO!

Ren was sexy as fuck this episode. Glad he got a lot of screentime during this case.

That Juri bitch was way crazier though. How crazy would you have to be to send you and your friend to hell just because your friend was talking to someone else besides her? My god are these characters broken.

Oct 13, 2014 9:07 PM

Nov 2013
Animefreak17a said:
-_-

Ok it's official everyone in this series are dumb asses.

And about the candle going out.......that indicates that the persons life has ended there flame went out if you will. So really they went to hell
I'd say everyone except for Ai and her subordinates.

Sep 30, 2015 5:56 AM

Aug 2014
Juri was a dumb bitch. But her friend wasn't better at all.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Nov 19, 2015 7:08 AM

Dec 2014
It's always the dumb fucks ending up with the straw dolls
Jan 3, 2016 11:40 AM

Aug 2012
Stupidest shit i've ever seen, one of them atleast!
Psychotic, obsessive friendships are a no no -_-
Apr 16, 2016 6:13 PM

Jan 2014
Ahh.. what the .. ?? :/
Oct 13, 2016 1:18 PM

Jun 2015
This series has a strange sense of humor
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 7, 2017 3:24 AM

May 2015
This episode was really fucked up.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 16, 2017 11:30 AM
Feb 2015
So, the lanterns along side the boat are other souls on their way to hell?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 18, 2008

66 by Violet_Midnight »»
Yesterday, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MEGATRON - Jul 23, 2008

64 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 20, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

so_addictive - Apr 22, 2008

85 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 26, 2023 10:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 8 Discussion

figure8life - Jul 20, 2009

46 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Antarael - Nov 13, 2008

61 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.