Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2011 7:03 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol I like how Piccolo is to open the door. xD
Hopefully, Korin will return with the senzu beans so Goku can hurry after them.
LunaDec 6, 2013 5:27 AM

Oct 18, 2012 8:39 PM

Jan 2010
Bulma needs a man or something. lol
May 19, 2013 9:35 PM

Feb 2013
Yeah, not sure whos worse at this point Bulma or Chi-chi....lol.
Nov 16, 2013 7:52 PM

May 2012
It's nice to see Bulma with short hair again, and lol ChiChi sure changed over the years, poor Gohan :p

Either way they're on their way so lets see what's next!
Dec 7, 2013 10:49 PM

Jun 2009
Don't push your luck Goku, Chi-Chi will do more damage to you than Vegeta did. Gohan looks like such an idiot.
loghneckbeardDec 7, 2013 11:02 PM
Jan 25, 2014 3:26 PM

Dec 2013
Chi Chi is more evil than any of the villeins so far lol. And what the heck is up with Bulma? She sure seems like she is in a good mood...
Apr 16, 2015 5:02 AM
Jun 2009
Chichi became such an annoying bitch.
Jul 3, 2015 5:23 PM

Mar 2013
Chi-Chi is nuts and Bulma is a bitch too :P
Dec 11, 2015 10:31 AM

Apr 2014
Bulma, Krillin and Son Gohan are heading for Namek.
Jan 20, 2016 2:49 PM

Aug 2013
Chi-Chi's rage is off the charts, maybe that's what marrying Goku does to you.
May 24, 2016 11:29 PM

Feb 2016
I think I'm going to grow to hate Chi-Chi... I wear headphones and her voice when she was yelling at Gohan reverberated throughout my headphones. Ugh...

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 2, 2018 2:37 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Cactusblah said:
Chichi became such an annoying bitch.

she actually always was ....

May 13, 2018 8:43 AM

Nov 2017
I really started to hate Chi-Chi around this point, and also Bulma is getting on my nerves all of a sudden. Why is she so mad again?
You can't miss something until it's gone.
Sep 27, 2018 3:27 AM

Jul 2008
Damn what pissed Bulma off now? All the women in this show just go off their rockers for no reason....not realistic at all.
Nov 23, 2019 10:23 AM

Mar 2010
Actually it is realistic XD. But it goes on my nerves too and why did Bulma have looks like she wanted to kill someone for no apprent reason? At least ChiChi allowing Gohan to go was a bit surprising.

Not sure if its a good decision to go to Namek with only 3...
Mar 16, 2020 2:02 PM
Jan 2020
getting the dragon balls on namek probably isn't gonna be as easy as they're saying. hoping to see something interesting in the coming episodes
Jul 13, 2020 6:49 PM
Jul 2018
Chi-chi sure is...loud. While her concern is rightful and understandable, and I can agree that being a child is a wonderful age, but she is contradicting herself. How has Chi-chi allowed Gohan to act his age when all she mostly does is having him study advanced Algebra quite extensively? And let's not forget her surprisingly negligence, aggressive attitude towards her bedridden, very much injured husband. She needs to sit down and reflect on herself.

Regardless, I don't know about sending only three people into an unknown planet for exploration. Bulma isn't a fighter, Gohan still needs a lot of training, and Krillin just isn't enough in the likely chance they happen to run against an overpowered enemy. I can already tell this will get ugly soon. Then again, it is not like they exactly have a choice here.
Jul 14, 2020 1:28 AM

Dec 2015
The traveling team, on the other hand, is nicely harking back to the origin of the series . Are three people exploring a foreign land that bad looking? I think it was good to fabricate such an opportunity to feature prominently less extravagantly strong heroes.

The main problem is that it could have been better exploited by offering us something more adventurous with less impossibly strong ennemies to go with those characters while keeping a few terrible threats that would have later required the hero (and allowed for some good "countdown" thrill with the new team in danger).

3/5

_Tokumei-no_ said:
Let's not forget her surprisingly negligence, aggressive attitude towards her bedridden, very much injured husband. She needs to sit down and reflect on herself.

Reading you helps me remember how much I was despising Chichi as a child. I know this is targeted at a broader audience than the manga, thus this may make youg children laugh, but those air-time filling scenes have two opposite effects:
- they can give some flesh to secondary characters or "forgotten" ones,
- but they make some character look way more despicable or stupid than they were originally portrayed as (here: the typical strict japanese parent, already caricatural on paper). Another example is Mutenroshi in Z, since he's only played for laugh (and only based on his "bad side") and nothing else anymore.
It's a bit saddening when you tagged along those characters and came to like some if not all of them (especially when it was a matter of real years for contemporary audiences)
Rei_IIIJul 14, 2020 1:34 AM
Jul 14, 2020 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
Rei_III said:
_Tokumei-no_ said:
Let's not forget her surprisingly negligence, aggressive attitude towards her bedridden, very much injured husband. She needs to sit down and reflect on herself.

Reading you helps me remember how much I was despising Chichi as a child. I know this is targeted at a broader audience than the manga, thus this may make youg children laugh, but those air-time filling scenes have two opposite effects:
- they can give some flesh to secondary characters or "forgotten" ones,
- but they make some character look way more despicable or stupid than they were originally portrayed as (here: the typical strict japanese parent, already caricatural on paper). Another example is Mutenroshi in Z, since he's only played for laugh (and only based on his "bad side") and nothing else anymore.
It's a bit saddening when you tagged along those characters and came to like some if not all of them (especially when it was a matter of real years for contemporary audiences)

Let's see, I totally agree about mostly everything you just said. While fillers, for what good they are, do flesh out secondary or forgotten characters. One of the downsides of course, as you mentioned, is that it can potentially portray the characters in an unsightly manner, so to speak. While I don't truly care about such things very deeply, since characters, and us, human beings, all have our imperfect moments, Chi-chi is one of those that needs an attitude adjustment.
Sep 30, 2020 9:21 PM
May 2019
Toriyama is just trying to make ChiChi as annoying as possible at this point. Her overprotectiveness is far from what's necessary. The way she made Gohan dress - oh my, I feel so bad for him. Seems it's finally time to go to planet Namek. This will be an interesting ride.
Jan 11, 2021 3:08 PM

Mar 2011
Chi-Chi is so annoying, at least she allowed Gohan to travel.
Nov 13, 2023 12:25 AM

Jul 2021
Chi chi has been very annoying recently i hope that changes.

Nov 15, 2023 9:18 PM

Nov 2015
loghneckbeard said:
Gohan looks like such an idiot.

he's only 5yrs now, that's a normal kindergarten uniform. and to think that he's only 7 at the return from namek...

TheCrimsonGhost said:
and also Bulma is getting on my nerves all of a sudden. Why is she so mad again?

i found it refreshing to be honest as to how portray women daily, like having menstruation, mood swings and other worries like the social stigma of believing that if a young woman is not able to find a boyfriend she'll likely become bitter and older, dammit japan.

Voel said:
Not sure if its a good decision to go to Namek with only 3...

yeah, they didn't even consider the possibility of encounter Saiyajins or other lifeforms that mean no good 😉

removed-user said:
How has Chi-chi allowed Gohan to act his age when all she mostly does is having him study advanced Algebra quite extensively?

that's the joke, about some super exclusive Japanese Chinese academies that promise brilliant futures for the prospects, blah blah. and Japanese Chinese parents loosing their heads on it. lol

💢

Mar 28, 9:11 AM
May 2012
What a great saga, the stakes really went up compared to the last one. It truly was the best point to start Z. The fight vs Vegeta was the best I've seen in Shonen.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 245 Discussion

lostcats - May 20, 2011

17 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 122 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Oct 11, 2010

27 by GeoRush »»
Apr 25, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
Apr 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Apr 24, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.