Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2008 1:10 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
You just gotta love her!

End of post.

Jk, lol. Very amusing episode. Ryoko is just awesome, I laughed a lot. And how Izumida handled the two journalists at the end was perfect, didn't see that coming.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 26, 2008 1:55 PM

Apr 2008
wow i get to love this series more and more

pretty nice episode, although no action and mystery i liked it so much. Ryoko and Izumida are so awsome, i dont get Izumida fully yet. Did he realize everything from the start and only plays dump?

I'm really looking forward to the next ep :)
Jul 26, 2008 2:16 PM
Sep 2007
that was hilarious. Ryoko x Izumida - one of the best couples I've seen in anime.
freedo-Jul 26, 2008 2:25 PM
Jul 26, 2008 2:28 PM

May 2008
Focusing on Izumida's "day off" right after settling the first case last episode was a really good idea. Not only did it give us some laughs and more character development, but it made the series feel more realistic rather than just being an episodic mystery/thriller show. Although with Ryoko around everyday is an adventure in it's own way. I'm also enjoying how the series thus far is much like Ryoko's personality, knowing when to be lighthearted and enjoyable and when to be serious so as not to be stuck in a rut of doing the same thing constantly.

It's also nice to see that, while Izumida can be kind of a stick in the mud, he isn't in charge of taking care of Ryoko for no reason. Despite all of Ryoko's work to secure that the journalists got exactly what they wanted Izumida was still able to take care of it in the end to keep a scandal from breaking out. Plus addressing himself as Ryoko's "loyal retainer" after Ryoko's dream at the beginning of the episode was really funny stuff.
Jul 26, 2008 6:29 PM

Jan 2007
maybe i missed something but what did Izumida do to the journalists?
Jul 26, 2008 7:10 PM

Oct 2007
Well I liked the first 2 episodes more, but I guess that's just because they were more serious type of episodes. This one was still nice and entertaining, and it seems next episode we'll be back to the mysteries and all.

Jul 26, 2008 9:05 PM

May 2008
Faust721 said:

It didn't actually show him doing anything to them, but it appeared to be implied that he had something to do with the data deletion. On the other hand maybe we're giving Izumida too much credit and it really had to do with Ryoko's "Summons Like Dracula" aura (which, looking back, might actually make more sense).
Jul 26, 2008 9:58 PM

Mar 2007
I really enjoyed this episode! I love their relationship XD I like how she dreams about him, and in her dream he is still all serious with his notebook, lol :) Her blushes are cute and his way of putting up with her antics is great. I like the fact that even though this series is sort of episodic case-by-case, they still mention previous things that happened, like the talk about the building from the first two episodes. I like that the effects of their previous work are still being felt. I wish this series was longer~
Jul 27, 2008 12:58 AM

Feb 2008
I loved this episode. Ryoko is so freaking awesome! :D
She and Izumida create one of the best parings I've seen in a while.
Jul 27, 2008 3:33 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Absolutely_Steve said:
Faust721 said:

It didn't actually show him doing anything to them, but it appeared to be implied that he had something to do with the data deletion. On the other hand maybe we're giving Izumida too much credit and it really had to do with Ryoko's "Summons Like Dracula" aura (which, looking back, might actually make more sense).

Now imagine that Ryoko summoned Izumida. =D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 27, 2008 9:57 AM

Jul 2007
Funny episode, it was very enjoyable.
Ryoko<3
Jul 27, 2008 2:05 PM

Mar 2008
MagicalEmi said:
I really enjoyed this episode! I love their relationship XD I like how she dreams about him, and in her dream he is still all serious with his notebook, lol :) Her blushes are cute and his way of putting up with her antics is great. I like the fact that even though this series is sort of episodic case-by-case, they still mention previous things that happened, like the talk about the building from the first two episodes. I like that the effects of their previous work are still being felt. I wish this series was longer~

I so much agree with you. No single word to add!
Jul 27, 2008 5:57 PM

Nov 2007
Ryoko x Izumida is both amusing and awesome. Good job creators.
Jul 29, 2008 4:36 AM

Apr 2008
Ahahaha, Ryoko rawks

Absolutely_Steve said:
Focusing on Izumida's "day off" right after settling the first case last episode was a really good idea. Not only did it give us some laughs and more character development, but it made the series feel more realistic rather than just being an episodic mystery/thriller show. Although with Ryoko around everyday is an adventure in it's own way. I'm also enjoying how the series thus far is much like Ryoko's personality, knowing when to be lighthearted and enjoyable and when to be serious so as not to be stuck in a rut of doing the same thing constantly.

It's also nice to see that, while Izumida can be kind of a stick in the mud, he isn't in charge of taking care of Ryoko for no reason. Despite all of Ryoko's work to secure that the journalists got exactly what they wanted Izumida was still able to take care of it in the end to keep a scandal from breaking out. Plus addressing himself as Ryoko's "loyal retainer" after Ryoko's dream at the beginning of the episode was really funny stuff.

ditto!

Faust721 said:

Izumida did nothing, from my point of view. I think Ryoko choose the places where she wanted to be caught in picture so that the lights ruined the framing. And the camera broke probably because the whole commotion. At least that's what I think ;)
Jul 29, 2008 5:19 AM

Feb 2008
The episode was just awesome!

And I think it's one of those series where you forget about the story and concentrate on characters' development.
Jul 29, 2008 2:08 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I don't think it was Izumida, but rather the SLD x) She was perfectly happy with letting them take pictures!

And if I can say something weird... I absolutely love Ryoko's earrings! She always has such detailed earrings to match her outfits, I can't help but notice them. Awesome work on the part of the animators to give such detail for her.

Loving this show :) And the dream sequence at the beginning was priceless xD
Jul 30, 2008 2:07 AM

Jan 2008
Great, lighthearted episode. We need more series like this.
Also, a priceless picture of Izumida's face ^^

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jul 31, 2008 12:38 PM

Dec 2007
really funny episode. they make a great couple XD

Mar 29, 2010 11:08 AM

Sep 2008
Absolutely_Steve said:
Faust721 said:

Actually yeah, the first thing that occurred to me was that it was related to Ryoko somehow, and that's why she wanted them to take all those pictures... She knew what was going to happen and wanted to scare them? Just 'cause I don't think Izumida has any kind of power like that. ;D I think he's a normal human being... I think...

Serena said:

Izumida did nothing, from my point of view. I think Ryoko choose the places where she wanted to be caught in picture so that the lights ruined the framing. And the camera broke probably because the whole commotion. At least that's what I think ;)

Ehh! I hope there's something supernatural behind it, it would make it more interesting. :D Though that explanation makes Ryoko seem more cunning, so either is fine by meee~
Nov 13, 2010 6:58 AM
Jun 2008
Serena said:
Ahahaha, Ryoko rawks

Absolutely_Steve said:

ditto!

Faust721 said:

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it XD
Aug 25, 2011 5:22 AM

Mar 2009
Funny episode.. I didn't expect that.
Mar 15, 2012 9:07 PM

Dec 2008
I loved this one Ryoko is so awesome she figured he would get a hint if the newspapers showed it to him in big bold font!
Aug 29, 2012 3:10 PM

Jan 2012
Izumida kind of gives off the same vibe as Sagara Sousuke from FMP...

As for Ryoko, I'm not sexually attracted to her as much as other female leads of such high caliber for some reason. It's probably her hair.

This series looks pretty promising so far..
Mar 7, 2014 5:02 AM

Aug 2013
I have no idea what just happened in the end lmao.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 9, 2018 10:30 PM

Jul 2012
I want to like this show more but these kinds of episodes are so =_______= time wasting?
Sep 6, 2020 1:50 PM

Mar 2018
Good episode. Ryoko is so much fun!
Feb 19, 2021 4:20 PM
Dec 2019
What a tease. This setup feels like an American romantic comedy crime drama. While it is entertaining to watch, in real life people like Ryouko are a-holes so they better show a softer side to her that puts all her manipulation into context. If this really was an American live action drama, my guess that her trajectory would entail revealing a really vulnerable side and that all her femme fatale exterior is a defense mechanism of some sort... and the guy would be there to see that vulnerable side and fall for her...

The other option would be her slowly realizing that she really is an inexcusable a-hole and having an individual character arc that makes her a better person... Oh wait that's Sherlock's arc.
RecynonFeb 19, 2021 4:27 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryoko's Case File Episode 13 Discussion

Faust721 - Oct 4, 2008

38 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 26, 2023 1:21 AM

Poll: » Ryoko's Case File Episode 1 Discussion

Absolutely_Steve - Jul 12, 2008

31 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » Ryoko's Case File Episode 12 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 27, 2008

26 by Recynon »»
Feb 20, 2021 6:21 PM

Poll: » Ryoko's Case File Episode 8 Discussion

Absolutely_Steve - Aug 31, 2008

20 by Recynon »»
Feb 20, 2021 12:40 PM

Poll: » Ryoko's Case File Episode 5 Discussion

cyruz - Aug 9, 2008

22 by Recynon »»
Feb 19, 2021 6:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.